Block entry into a cell if another cell has a value

I am working on a W-4 Federal Tax Form created in Excel. I want to be able to block an entry in one cell (Total number of allowances) if another cell (Write *Exempt* here) has a value, specifically Exempt, in it and vise versa if the cell (Total number of allowances) has a value, specifically a number, in it I want block any entry into the cell (Write *Exempt* here) I hope this makes sense to somebody out there.

Old Navy,

You can use Data - Validation.  I'll use A1 and B1.  Select A1.  Data
Validation - Custom:
 =B1<>""

If you want to appear a little more refined, you can instead use:
=ISBLANK(B1)

Now do the same with B1, using =A1=""

You can use the error message prompt in Data Validation to supply a genteel
admonishment when the user messes up.

I hope you have nothing to do with those awful Old Navy TV commercials.
Does nothing embarrass those people?   :)

Earl Kiosterud

"OldNavy" <johnsoned(remove this)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am working on a W-4 Federal Tax Form created in Excel. I want to be able
to block an entry in one cell (Total number of allowances) if another cell
(Write *Exempt* here) has a value, specifically Exempt, in it and vise versa
if the cell (Total number of allowances) has a value, specifically a number,
in it I want block any entry into the cell (Write *Exempt* here) I hope this
makes sense to somebody out there.

0
nowhere1083 (630)

visual basic

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Single click selects multiple cells

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Value is BLANK

Disable Scanmail & Typical VM Largest Block Size
This is how to disable Mailscan as per Trend Support. Stop all Scanmail services and unregister the event sink. To unregister SMTP event sinks: 1. Open the command prompt. 2. For SMEX 7.0, go to the ..\Program Files\Trend\SMEX folder 3. Run the toolSmtpEventSink.exe /unreg command. After doing this the VM Largest Block Size does not decrease below 70 meg. But 70 meg seems low to me. Is 70 meg typical? -- Brett ...

WLM transfer to another computer
Hi, I finally moved from Windows 7 RTM to Win7 Pro 64. I did it by installing the new OS on a brand new hard drive, then installed my old hard drive in a 2.5" external enclosure. I've been successful in moving most of my files and settings over, but WLM is the exception. Can someone help answer these questions for me: 1. Where are the actual mail files stored? 2. Where is the account login info stored? 3. In Outlook and OE installing on a new computer, even after moving files, prompted for a full redownload off of the POP server. Anyway to avoid this? Is ther...

blocking senders #2
I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my e-mail. OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I can't find that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the option of blocking by the display name or address. For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch not just oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from .ch). I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders real address instead of a name or how to find the full header, properties & source of a message. -- Bill Mitchell To block a...

SOP Sales Transaction Entry Window
Dear Folks, I have noticed that i couldn't choose/select a salesman Id from Sales Transaction Entry Window (Transactions-> Sales -> Sales Transaction Entry). In my case for every Invoice i have to select a Diffierent Sales man ID. Could any one help me how can i enable this. BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN Transaction Entry Window which we use without inventory module (Transactions-> Sales -> Transaction Entry Window) Awaiting for your favourable feedback. You can find that field by clicking on the customer number expansion button to the right of the customer number field. Thi...