blank document in Excel 2000

When clicking on a link from the Intranet to an excel
document created in excel 97, on a pc that has excel 2000
the document comes up blank. If you click on the back
button, and then reclick on the link, it opens up the
document. When repeating this process, it appears that
the document will open every other time, however, all the
other times it will open as a black page. Has anyone
expirienced this same issue? If so, is there a resolution?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
not sure this will help but try the following:
goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

1. Close Excel first and
2. On the Windows Taskbar
2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK.
2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> When clicking on a link from the Intranet to an excel
> document created in excel 97, on a pc that has excel 2000
> the document comes up blank. If you click on the back
> button, and then reclick on the link, it opens up the
> document. When repeating this process, it appears that
> the document will open every other time, however, all the
> other times it will open as a black page. Has anyone
> expirienced this same issue? If so, is there a resolution?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Can you help test our Excel test?
We recently completed an online Excel test that people can take then post the results to Facebook so if you're an Excel expert and have 5 min to spare, we'd love to get your input on the questions and format to help make it better. If you can help, we'd really appreciate it ... plus you can let your Facebook friends know how great you are at Excel! http://www.accessanalytic.com.au/services_excel_test.php Cheers __________________ Jeff Robson Principal Business Analyst Access Analytic http://www.accessanalytic.com.au Well, it made me think a bit (9 out of 10 - be...

outlook 2000
how do I fix outlook 2000 email problems? I can receive but not send That is a real bummer Maybe your answer will be in one of the following links How to post to newsgroups: http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Super" <Super@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD8E03...

Blank aspx page
I do a redirect from a Cold Fusion page to an aspx page on the same site. Some people receive a blank page while most have a properly functioning aspx page. "jt22" <jt22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0189163F-6B8A-4707-93EB-314BD608C8C5@microsoft.com... >I do a redirect from a Cold Fusion page to an aspx page on the same site. > Some people receive a blank page while most have a properly functioning > aspx > page. I've had a similar issue recently with Internet Explorer (FireFox was fine), in my case it seemed to be relat...

Public Folders from 2000 to 2003
Hi How would I go about moving public folders from a exchange 2000 > 2003 server? Is there a an article or similar regarding the process? Thanks Use the pfmigrate.wsf script on Exchange Server 2003 CD. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822895 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT ----------------------------------- "Bladerunner" <Bladerunner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:643C5103-795D-48CC-BA13-1313E8BB4700@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How would I go about moving public folders from a exchange 2000 > 2003 > server? Is there a...

how do i open a read-only or encrypted file in excel?
i am trying to open an excel file but get the message " excel cannot access this file, it may be read-only or encrypted" how do i open it?? Thanks.. If it is read only, then that shouldn't be a problem. Excel opens read only files every day of the week. Encryption is a different matter. The file may have been encrypted by encryption sofware other than Excel, and the .xls file extension left intact. Or, this from the Excel Help files may provide a clue for you. I get an 'encryption scheme not available' message when I try to open a workbook. Some workbook prote...

Excel
How to setup "Automatic Calculation" as the default setting? Tools/Options/Calculation/Automatic -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail .. "NewUser" <NewUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8553FFB2-487F-4265-BCB1-E72D8F372E8E@microsoft.com... > How to setup "Automatic Calculation" as the default setting? Excel always opens in auto calc mode, but the calc mode setting in the first workbook opened will change it to manual if that's how it is set. The first workbook opened includ...

qry for Excel report with weekly data in a vertical column
tblArea AreaID area tblHeadEnd HeadEndID AreaID headend tblRouter RouterID HeadEndID router tblPorts PortID RouterID tblTransmitter TransmitterID PortID transmitter PortID RouterID tblNodes NodeID transmitterID tblNodeNamesID NodeID ParentNodeName date created tblUtilization utilID NodeID percentage Date The report shows weekly utilization data for an ISP. This structure is 1:M in the areas to the headend. The headend has 1:m routers, each router has 1:M ports. The transmitter can have either 1:1 to nodes or 1:M . The nodeNames table is for th...

Open Access query in Excel with 'save formatted'
I have a query in access which is doing a group by on one field and a sum on another field. The query runs fine and I get one ID (group by) and a total (sum). I have a macro which will open the result of this query in Excel. When this runs all of the data (no group by or sum) is being sent to Excel. If I were to do a file export on the query and click on 'save formatted' then I get exactly what I want but using the macro to do the export is not allowing me to 'save formatted' so I am ending up with all of the data in my Excel spreadsheet. I am wondering if there is a wa...

tiger probelms saving word and xcell documents to a server
We are having trouble saving word and xcel documents to our sever from os X tiger. We can only save as an .rtf and .xml, but them we loose formating and things like charts in xcel! We can save directly to the individual computer, but not to our server. Any help out there? ...

Excel and consecutive number
Is there a way to have excel locate a set number of consecutive non-zero numbers and give me an average of those numbers? trying to get around this problem: 5 largest consecutive non-zero numbers of the last 10 non-zero terms hope there is some help out there for me If I understand what you want correctly, here is one method. Assuming you have a list of numbers in column A with the first number in row 2: Enter this formula in B2 and copy down through all rows of data: =IF(A3=0,0,IF(B2=10,10,B2+1)) This formula counts consectuive non-zero numbers in column A. Enter this form...

blank document in Excel 2000
When clicking on a link from the Intranet to an excel document created in excel 97, on a pc that has excel 2000 the document comes up blank. If you click on the back button, and then reclick on the link, it opens up the document. When repeating this process, it appears that the document will open every other time, however, all the other times it will open as a black page. Has anyone expirienced this same issue? If so, is there a resolution? Hi not sure this will help but try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Exc...

Excel 2007 Help Button
When I press the Help button in Excel I get a return message that says "There are no help topics to match your request". All I want to do is explore the Help section to learn more about Excel. Where do I enable the Help Section? Hello: Try to use the F1/help buttons when nothing is selected. -- Hope this helps Martin Fishlock, www.nyfconsultants.com, Wolverhampton, UK Please do not forget to rate this reply. "l_croft1" wrote: > When I press the Help button in Excel I get a return message that says "There > are no help topics to match your request"...

Dates in excel curiouser and curiouser
Hi folks, I am creating a time sheet but there are some strange problems, notably it calculates the time fine until thw total is over 24 hours and for some reason the minutes are getting rounded up despite there being 2 decimal places...eg 6 minutes becomes hh:10. Very odd and any help would be appreciated Cells are formated as hh:mm. Formulae are either a) (Start Time - End time )-(Lunch End-Lunch start) or sum((End Time - Lunch end)*24,(lunch start-start time)*24)) Many thanks, Danny Sounds like a problem with the time format. Something like hh:00 instead of hh:mm. Can you check th...

how to rotate excel table in word
I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down the shift key, pull-down Edit > Copy Picture. In Word, just paste. Because the item is now a picture, you can use the drawing toolbar to rotate it to any desired angle -- Gary''s Student "dro" wrote: > I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Thanks, its working just fine for me. "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down > the ...

Excel 2000 #12
I have a problem opening and closing excel files. I keep getting error message both on opening and closing files in excel. "Compile error in hidden Module: Initialization" (When opening any excel file) "Compile error in hidden Module: Initialization" (When closing excel file) Can you kindly assist with this. Did you try Tools->macro->visual basic editor and then try to compile the code if there is any. ...

How to move Exchange server 2000 to a new Exchange 2003 server
I have a exchange 2000 server. I want to move it from this server to the other server that run Exchange 2003 server. Please tell me how to do it. Thanks. Hi Andy, Install the Exchange 2003 server into the same org and administrative group as the 2000 server and using ADU&C move the mailboxes from the 2000 server to the 2003 server. Add replicas of all the public and system folders to the 2003 server. After allowing sufficient time for replication, remove the replicas from the 2000 server and then remove the server from the org. You might want to just stop the services on the 2000 se...

Excel default
I would like to change the default settings on opening Excel in a similar way in which you can do with Word by changing normal.dot. However, I cannot find a comparable file. I would appreciate it if someone could point the way. Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Bill Excel does not have a Normal.dot as Word has. There are several ways to customize Excel workbooks and worksheets. Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Stor...

exchange 2000 memory sizing
We're currently running Exchange 5.5 on 8 Windows 2000 Std servers all with 1GB or more of memory. We're already licensed for Exchange 2000 CAL's....and therefore are looking to upgrade to Exchange 2000. The problem? All the documentation I've seen (266096) says that if a server has 1GB or more of memory you need to use the /3GB switch which means you need to be running Windows 2000 AS. So suddenly I have to shell out almost $30,000(CDN) to buy 8 copies of Win2k AS? Not to mention you can't upgrade to Win2k AS - I'd have to do a complete reinstall. Decreasing the mem...

not equal to symbol in excel
What is the symbol for not equal to in excel Hi <> Arvi Laanemets "amit" <amit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2897C3AB-9797-4631-A995-D7CB6BCC7C20@microsoft.com... > What is the symbol for not equal to in excel I disagree. Those symbols mean less than and greater than. Go to your Insert dropdown menu-->Symbol ≠...this is the equal sign with a slash through it. When you click on it, the "Code" or "definition" will show up on the left side of the box. "Arvi Laanemets" wrote: > Hi > > > <&...

excel links #5
Running excel X for a mac, 2001. Have workbooks with links that are not locatable by searching for "!" in worksheets, and link to deleted Workbooks. Am unable to find link source, or find link destination workbook, or change links. Copying worksheets to a new Workbook takes the links with them. Have exhausted net search. Can anyone help me to kill these pesky links, please? Mike Sometimes the links are in Names in Insert>Name>Define. In addition.............. Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's site. http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default....

Outlook 2000 thru VPN
I'm trying to setup Outlook 2000 to access my work Exchange server from home via a VPN connection. Since my home PC isn't on a domain, outlook can't seem to find my exchange server when I try to add the service. Any ideas how to do this (short of changing my pc to a domain)? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Backgrounds in Excel #2
I want to be able to print the background in excel, and also when I PDF an excel file the background dissapears. How can I make it to print/view. Is there any way. Please help me. If there's a way to do it, would you please email me the steps to make it work. Thanks, Bianka ...

Equivalent of Excel AND() function?
Is there an equivalent of Excel's AND() function in Access? I have looked for threads related to "multiple conditions" but they all seem to be about multiple conditions yielding the same result. I would like have my formula yield a certain result only when two or more conditions are true. Right now my formula is: NewVendor:IIf([Category]="Leave","SL0001-1") But I only want to assign the NewVendor SL0001-1 if the record also meets the condition [AGoal]=True. Can I do this? I have looked in help and here in the newsgroups and I'm not seeing it. ...

Outlook 2003 sending blank emails / text missing from body
Hi I have just upgraded three machines to office 2003, outlook works fine on two machines but the third has the blank email body problem on all sent mails. Has anyone come up with a solution to this:- Every time I send a mail the recipient receives a blank mail, even the mail within the sent items is blank. I have tried changing the mail setting etc but as yet no solution. The set up on the machine is identical to the other two machines; the only difference is that this machine had an existing Outlook 2002 account set up that was imported when 2003 was installed. Therefore it had an existi...

making boxplot in excel 2007
Hey. Got a problem on making a boxplot in excel 2007. I used to make excel 2003 to make the boxplot, but now I have the 2007 edition. I learned from my teacher that I need to use the "High-Low-lines" and the "Up/down-bars" to make the boxplot. The problem is that when I made the "Up/down-bars" it will cover the data-points so I can't see median ect. Is there anyway to change the order of the chart-figures like to show the data-point at the top, the up/down-bars in the middle and the high-low-lines at the bottom just like when u change the order of several...