Blank Cells in Pivot Tables

It's been mentioned here about filling in blank cells automatically in a
list of data.

Can this be done within a pivot table automatically?

I create pivot tables but the row headings are grouped  so that some of the
items have blank cells next to them. This is frustrating when you want to
run a pivot table over the top of the original as it considers these cells
blank.

As a result you have to copy and paste the row headings into the blank cells
and this can be time consuming if you have many lines of data.

Can it be done automatically within the pivot table?

Can pivot tables be automatically run over the top of another with the blank
cells considered automatically to have data within them (i.e. the blank
cells created by the grouping of items within row headers?)

Thanks in advance for any comments,

Greg

0
mail8607 (2)

I'm not sure what automatic means here, but if you're creating the same
pivottable (from different data), maybe you could record a macro when you do it
manually.

You could continue recording when you convert to values and fill those blank
cells.

And continue recording when you create the second pivottable.

Then whenever you need to recreate this, you just rerun that macro.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Need Help on pivot table
i have created a pivot table having count's of data's in different range like below: 0-2 5 03-05 13 06-10 17 11-20 7 21-50 1 I want to calculate the percentage of the each data range and should dispaly in the chart. In EXCEL 2007 in the example that you have provided take the following actions:- In your Pivot Table click in one of the cells that have a value in it (for example select the cell bearing the number 5). Go into the Values part of the PivotTable Field List (you will find this in the lower right hand corner). Click in the downwards facing a...

Need Syntax for "AND" to Evaluate 2 Cells
I need to evaluate 2 cells while inside an "Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)". I thought AND would work but I cannot get it to work; I receive a syntax error on the AND(Range... line. Can someone please provide me the proper syntax to evaluate the 2 cells? Here's my code... Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then And(Range("I3") <> "", Range("K4") = "") Then Range("K4") = Range("K3") End...

Enter "1", cell show ".01". Why?
Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. If proceded by "=" the number is correct. What caused this and how can I fix it? Try this .. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK Things should be back to normal now .. (it's a fixed decimal setting !) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Yonian" <Yonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40499CA4-7FAF-42A6-8B19-A90881735C50@microsoft.com... > Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. > If p...

selecting a cell
I seem unable to select a single cell, or a single row--click on one in the normal manner, and the two below also highlight, then delete or whatever command is given. If I input a number/text, that just goes into the one cell. tapping F8 increases this to two wide and three high automatically selected. Also, very slow to do almost anything. Thanks Pat, Are you by any chance using Excel 2007? If so there is a known bug that causes multiple cell selection and I understand this has been reported to Microsoft. If you take the zoom level up and down this is reported to cl...

Creating a table
There's probably an easier way to do it but... I have a series of numbers in column A (150 in all) and a series of letters in column B (22 in all). In total there are 4800 rows. What I am trying to do is create a table with the number down the left hand side and the letters across the top. In each cell within the table I need to count how many times the combination of number/letter appears. Eg: A B C 201 0 2 2 202 3 0 1 203 3 6 4 I tried combining the number/letter into a single text field using the CONCATENATE function then filtering ...

Output intersection of table
Hi, I have TableA of data which needs checking row by row. TableB on a different sheet contains the values which need to be output. In TableA need to check Col A and then the value in Col C and return the intersecting value from TableB into Col D (in TableA). e.g TableA: ColA ColB ColC ColD Blue Man Car Red Auto Truck TableB: Red Blue Black Car 9 5 2 Truck 7 4 3 Therefore: In Row1 in TableA the value in ColD needs to be 5. In Row2 in TableA the value in ColD needs to be 7. thanks in advance, Hamish --- Message posted from http:...

Update one table from another

cell will not center
Hi. I have a user with an Excel worksheet. There are multiple rows and columns and they are all set on center alignment, (center alignment icon on the toolbar as well as Format Cells --> Horizontal Alignment --> Center.) The alphabetical characters align correctly but the numerical don't, as they will only left align. Format Cells --> Number is set to General, so I don't know why it won't change the alignment. Other than the worksheet being corrupted, I don't know what could be wrong with it. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks! Hilary =?Utf-8?B?SG...

Finding all queries which use a table

Count # of cells b/w cells ...
Hello, I have the following data in a column: 7 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 7 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 etc. The number of zero's between the 7's is random. I want a formula tha would count the number of zeros between the 7's. Thanks, Ari Bar -- AriBar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AriBari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38806 Assume A5:A20 is the data, try this: B5 = A5+B4 (copy formula down) Now make a table with 2 column...

Too many different cell formats #6

FP: Couldnt close table
We have been receiving this error on two separate PCs after a recent upgrade to 7.5. Our version is 7.50g43 (service pack 5). At first we thought it was isolated to one PC now a second PC is having the same error. On the first PC, I ran new network cable, installed a different network card with no help. This PC is Win98, 64MB RAM, 600Mhz. The second PC has 128MB RAM also Win98. I don't believe switching to XP is an option right now. This message has appeared in the payables module on both machines. But it has also appeared in receivables as well. Not in GL or Payroll. I...

format cell #4

Same Table cannot be the child table in two nexted relations...
I've been setting up a schema with the XML Designer in VS .NET 2003. The designer lets me set up a lot of things including a complex type that contains an unnamed complex type called modified. When I try to preview the dataset, I get an error described as "The same table (modified) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. I've run into this before with a different complex type, and I've changed the name of the instance of the type in the various elements it's used, and the problem goes away. In this case, problem is an unnamed complex type, so it only a...

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

Pivot tables and Macros
I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the drop downs, not change the fields in the table or anything)and print from a pivot table using a macro. So how do I go about doing that? When I set up a macro by recording the actions that I want to do, I always get an error message when I try to run it as a macro. What specific steps are you recording, and what error message do you get? Can you click the Debug button, and see the line of code that is causing the problem? Dust For Eyes wrote: > I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the >...

Find and replace with bold in cells

Conditional Formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen? Thanks, Greg 1. Place the cursor in A1 cell and select the Range 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and paste the below formula =LEFT(A1,1)="-" 4. Click Format Button>Font>Color select your desired font & Background Color pattern and then give ok Change the cell reference of A1 to your desired cell, if required. But keep in mind that when applying the conditional formatting the Active cell should be in the ce...

Pivot Table in Excel
hi, I have a problem using the pivot Table in excel 2000. Earlier the location of the pivot table in excel was pointing to say c:\sales.mdb. Now the location has changed to D:\Sales.mdb. someone please tell me the place to change in the excel to reflect the same. So that upon refreshing the document i can see the latest data. Currently i am getting a error message when i try to refresh, but its not prompting to change to alternative location. If i edit the excel file in a notepad...i can see the location pointing to c:\sales.mdb. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this..expect...