Best Practice to get MS Access data into MS Excel

I have data in an MS Access database that I want to be
able to get into a specific sheet in a workbook without
disrupting the rest of the sheets in the workbook.  Is
there a way to set this up without manually opening the
workbook and copy and paste from Access query?  The MS
Access gets refereshed on a regular basis and we need to
have this reflected in the MS excel workbooks.

Thank you,
Craig Sira

0
anonymous (74722)

Use Excel 'Data/Get external data' to make the link. Do not format this
sheet at all ie. keep as a simple table that you can link to via pivot
tables or whatever. All you need to do is Refresh the data when
required.

---

Have a look in the help for the SQL keyword 'IN'. You can use it to
specify the Excel worksheet in an UPDATE or INSERT INTO query e.g.

  INSERT INTO
  [Excel 8.0;database=C:\MyWorkbook.xls;].[Sheet1$G10:H65536]
  (MyCol1, MyCol2)
  SELECT ColA, ColB FROM Table1

--

"Craig Sira" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<0e8201c3bff1$4b8d97a0$a101280a@phx.gbl>...
> I have data in an MS Access database that I want to be
> able to get into a specific sheet in a workbook without
> disrupting the rest of the sheets in the workbook.  Is
> there a way to set this up without manually opening the
> workbook and copy and paste from Access query?  The MS
> Access gets refereshed on a regular basis and we need to
> have this reflected in the MS excel workbooks.
>
> Thank you,
> Craig Sira
0
onedaywhen (103)

Excel button problem

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Reporting from Project Server

Looking for Excel Help

POST or GET?

data sort

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...

learning Excel #3

Pulling data from separate tabs

get a result of an sql into a field

Formula for cross tab data filling

How do you invoke the Let and Get class Functions
I have create classes with the Let and Get functions and now I would like to use these functions to store and retrieve data in the class which will then be put into a collection. Here is the class functions: Private pBusPart As Double Private pStartTime As Date Private pIndex As Integer '''''''''''''''''''''' ' BusPart property '''''''''''''''''''''' Public Property Get BusPart() As Double BusPar...

Help with importing data

How to get to email from Word