Benefits of Using Excel for Accounting

Hello �

What are the benefits of using Excel for accounting purpose?  What ar
the remarkable features will help me in accounting?

Thank you,
Kat

--
ilovetak
ilovetako's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2760

You may be better served by buying software specifically intended for
accounting.

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:08:36 -0500, ilovetako
<ilovetako.1w1fqb_1127858703.7289@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>Hello �
>
>What are the benefits of using Excel for accounting purpose?  What are
>the remarkable features will help me in accounting?
>
>Thank you,
>Kate
0
anonymous (74722)

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

excel pivot table with sql query and visual basic macros
I have a pivot table that runs off a sql query, it has macros and parameters built into the report. It worked until the client updated their server and db software. When debugging this, on the module under the closedb it stops here: Sub CloseDB() 'IF CONNECTION IS OPEN IT NEEDS TO BE CLOSED SO AN ERROR IS NOT THROWN If rsData.State = 1 Then rsData.Close Set rsData = Nothing End If cnData.Close Set cnData = Nothing Set Cmd = Nothing End Sub Thanks ...

Icon not set using MFC AppWizard
I create an application called "Test" with the MFC AppWizard. I uncheck "document/view architecture" in the wizard dialog. After the wizard generates my source files, I immediately compile. Although it created Test.ico in my resources, it does not show up in the upper left corner of my main application window. Does anyone know why? If I go through the above steps and select "document/view architecture", then it works as expected. What is the difference? Did you associate test.ico with the resource ID IDR_MAINFRAME? Did you draw both the 32x32 and 16x16 ve...

Excel 2002 Create Workbook (merge/reformat)?
I have 12 seperate spreadsheets I want to combine into 1 workbook (12 tabs). Any other alternative ways to do this other than copy and paste? Need to reformat "most" of the worksheets, I assume this can be done if all 12 tabs are selected. I may have to do this several times otherwise I would just copy and paste. Each spreadsheet has an average of 3k-4k transactions. You can open the workbook, ctrl-click on the worksheet tab and drag that worksheet into another workbook. (Then close that "sending" workbook and open the next...) ~Dave~ wrote: > > I have 1...

Excel 97-remove link but keep data
Hi guys, I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and remove the linked reference from showing in the current s/s. Any ideas how to do this instead of me changing each linked reference? Thanks in advance! search for .xls or [ or ] to see if you can find the formulas that contain links to other workbooks. Van wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would > like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and rem...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

With Microsoft FAX Nearly One Minute Delay between Using Print
With Windows Messaging and Microsoft Fax under Win 98 SE, when I printed a document to Microsoft Fax, the fax wizard would start a few seconds after I said print. I installed Outlook 2000. With it, there seems to be a consistent nearly one minute delay between when I say print and the fax wizard starts. If Outlook is running, there is no delay. The osa9.exe program doesn't make any difference. Needless to say, this is an annoyance, having to go through two steps, start Outlook and then print, rather than simply printing. Does anyone know of a way to make Outlook 2000 work like Messag...

How can I pre-filter a table that is used in a query in a live dat
How can I pre-filter a table that is used in a query in a live database? I have about 47 queries (SQL text in a memo field in a table) that all reference a few tables in the same database. I would like to limit the table’s data instead of re-writing all the queries to include further criteria. The queries are very complex and it is not desirable to re-write the queries and use parameters. This database is live on an ASP.NET web page and there may be multiple people viewing the reports which are using these queries. Since there are multiple users I can not simply copy the tables into ...

Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document
Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000. After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown! The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only transferring the information for the first 104 records. I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this problem. Hi Malcolm- Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range contain any Merge...

Excel design questions
Hi, I'm a new to excel. I'm assigned task to perform creating charts based on the following data. I explored little bit from web about the capabilities of excel, but few areas I'm not still quite sure about how to get it working. - Is it possible to have advanced filter to automatically refresh if the data is changed on which the filter is acting on?? Do I need to write maro for this?? - If i have a column with data (different types of tree names, ex: Apple, Apple, Maple, Grape,Grape..etc - name is repeatable). Can I uniquely get the name of all the different tree names automati...

using "voice" in Win 7 w/ Win 2008 R2
I have a script that I run during logon and a different one at logoff. the drive mapping part of the script works just fine. But the voice part doesn't. Now, If I copy the script from the network and run it locally, it'll run the voice part. Any ideas? I've removed the drive mapping for security purposes. Dim WSHNetwork Set WSHNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") 'Grab the user name UserString = WSHNetwork.UserName 'Speech add on (make your pc say hello to you) '-------------------------------------------- Dim HourNow, Gre...

VB.Net question on using the XML DOM (xmldocument)
I am about to go bonkers trying to figure this out -- So here goes Currently I am building an xml document and have no problem building the document with one namespace designation using the DOM. Here is a snip-it of what I have <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List"> <Template> <ID>Template_FFF4887BC8B4E98F85256EE60061576A</ID> I can’t figure out how to add a secondary xmlns reference that will look like this. <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List" xmlns="http://www.5678.com/VNET/eiwm"> <Templ...

Excel 2000 #9
Is there a way to change the date format in footers and headers.?.these two items do not seem to pick up the formatting specified for the individual cells. David H. David Excel in any version uses the Short Date format from Windows Regional settings in headers/footers. You can make some minor changes in Regional settings but not too much. How about a macro to add the date in any format you choose? Sub DateInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "dddd, mmmm-dd-yyyy") End With End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Feb 2008...

Excel Crash

Charting software: what does The Economist use?
Any clue of what software the people at The Economist uses to create charts? I=92m wondering whether there is some software out there better than MS Excel that would give better control without the onerous workarounds. You can do pretty well with Excel, and the "onerous" workarounds aren't too bad once you've become familiar with them. They are generally a bit more onerous in 2007. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/30/magazine-quality-chart-economist/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - ...

Signature option disappears when using word as e-mail editor
Hello, I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. Any advice? Thanks! Jeff Jeff Brooks-Manas wrote: > Hello, > > I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, > I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to > use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. > > Any advice? > > Thanks! > > Jeff The signature option within ...

Copy and Paste the transactions between accounts
Can I copy the transactions in an account and paste to another account to split one transaction to two different accounts easily? Because I run two business with me and want to split one expence in order to assign under the different company names. Thank you in advance for the kind reply. >-----Original Message----- >Can I copy the transactions in an account and paste to >another account to split one transaction to two different >accounts easily? >Because I run two business with me and want to split one >expence in order to assign under the different company >nam...

my hotmail account
Will you please help me close my account? Thank you No one here can help you with that. Questions regarding Hotmail accounts and operation can be asked at http://windowslivehelp.com/ -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "kim johnson" <kim johnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3CFE80E-9090-4C35-A737-810151354383@microsoft.com... > Will you please help me close my account? Thank you All support for Windows Live Hotmail and related Live Services(account, Live ID, etc) is handled by the W...

Payroll Union Benefit setup
We are in process of implementation of GP 10.0 and are setting up and testing the Payroll series. One question that we have not been able to find a satisfactory answer regarding a Union benefit for vacation that can be paid either to an employee or the employee can choose to have it then sent to the Union for a benefit later. It needs to be then include in the employee's pay, so it is taxed and the hours are based on their hours worked during the payperiod. So what we have done is similar to how Auto Allowance usually is set up as both a paycode and then a deduction (so they get ...

Multi-User Excel File on a Network Drive
How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple users concurrently? With all able to make and save changes to the same file. Thanks, Mike "Mike" wrote > How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple > users concurrently? With all able to make and save > changes to the same file. Tools / Share Workbook Jordon ...

Automatically open different workbooks depending on user account used.
There are two userrs on the same computer. When user 1 opens Excel, I'd like oen workbook to automatically open. When user2 opens Excel, I'd like a diffferent workbook to automatically open. Is this possible? (Each user logs into Windows usning their uuser account.) The computer is running windows XP pro and Excel 2007. Thanks, Something like this might work for you. This is untested. Post back if this doesn't work for you. Place the following macro in the ThisWorkbook module. You would need to change ThePath to your real path, the user account names for Joe and Bill...

Inserting Rows in Excel
I have a spreadsheet with a unique identifier for each customer, Customer Information File (CIF). Whenever this number changes, I want to automatically insert a blank row. This will merely making the the spreadsheet more pleasing to the eye to read. Keep in mind, there may not be a break in CIF for 1 to 15 lines, but whenever this CIF number changes, I want a new blank row. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! David David Macro solution OK? Sub InsertRow_At_Change() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With ...

Use Excel to update Outlook address book
hi all... Is there a way to update outlook address book using excel? Is there a macro available for it? Thank you for your answers Mike ...

want to use ranges from seperate
i have name ranges on one sheet, the new sheet has the same ranges but are shifted and dont match up with the ranges, i want to move the ranges on the 2nd sheet so i can use the name ranges on the first and have them match up jason -- noodlehead777 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ noodlehead777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29283 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490450 Try, <Insert> <Name> <Define> And click on the range name in the big window, Then...

Project Accounting billing invoice/invoice
Hi there A client we have been asked to assist at has just had project accounting installed by another consultant. We have been asked to design the billing note/invoice. I am not a regular consultant on Project Accounting and I am struggling a bit to understand the billing note options and reports. Basically what the customer is looking for is an invoice displaying a 1 line or summary lines showing the value to be billed including the display of the VAT/Tax. The projects are setup as T & M projects only with about 10-12 cost categories on each project, including equipment, labou...