bar code help, adding asterix to reference

Hi,
A simple one im sure, cell b4 contains a number, i want cell c4 to display
the same number with an asterix (asterisk?) at either side for my bar code
font?
="*",B4,"*"
What's the correct way to enter this?

Many thanks as ever,
Rick

="*"&A1&"*"

seems to work after some trial and error,
could there arise a problem doing it this way?

Thanks,
Rick

"R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
> A simple one im sure, cell b4 contains a number, i want cell c4 to display
> the same number with an asterix (asterisk?) at either side for my bar code
> font?
> ="*",B4,"*"
> What's the correct way to enter this?
>
> Many thanks as ever,
> Rick

Code to determine if a cell contains an array function?
I am looking for ways to reduce filesize and overhead in a large spreadsheet, and as part of that I'm looking for alternatives to array functions. I wrote this code thinking I could determine when an array function occurs: Dim rCell As Range For Each rCell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If rCell.FormulaArray = True Then MsgBox rCell.Address End If Next rCell .... but this seems to find a cell that is part of an array. Can anyone suggest some better code to determine if a cell contains an array function? Thanks Try If rcell.HasArray = true then .... instead. ...

Pleases help
I've tried to install these updates numerous times? Is anyone from microsoft there? I've never got a response from these. 9 results for "WindowsUpdate_00000646" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" 1. 1 Windows Update error 80072efd 2. 2 Troubleshoot problems with installing updates 3. 3 Windows Update error 80070422, 80244019, or 8DDD0018 4. 4 Windows Update error 8024402C 5. 5 Windows Update error 80070003 6. 6 Windows Update error 80070643 7. 7 Windows Update error 8024001b 8. 8 Windows Update error 800f020b 9. 9 Windows Update error 800f0828 ...

Help needed to format x-axis of graph
Hello, I'm trying to make a graph of temperature versus time. I know how t get the best-fit line, but I am having trouble formating the x-axis t the range of values that I need. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance. Marvi -- mj12 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mj123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2719 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46700 ...

Help with IF when multiple answers required
Hello, I'm trying to create a IF statement in a cell that will show the following results:- If cell A1 is between 0-520 display "Option 1" 521-570 display "Option 2" greater that 571 display "Option 3" Thanks in advance John try this =if(a1>571,3,if(a1>521,2,if(a1>0,1,""))) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "John C" <johncAAATTlamberteng.com> wrote in message news:%23ovUoFg0HHA.5644@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > > > I'm trying to crea...

On the "READY" bar, what does NUM mean?
On the "READY" bar, what does NUM mean? It means that you've pressed the Num Lock key on the keyboard, to turn it on. There's usually a light on the keyboard too, to indicate that the setting is on. When the Num Lock is on, you can type on the number keypad, and the numbers are activated. If Num Lock is off, the number keys may act as navigation keys, such as arrow right. BC wrote: > On the "READY" bar, what does NUM mean? -- Debra Dalgleish Contextures http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

I do something wrong with SendMail macro...Please help
Hello! I would like to refer to Ron de Bruin's macro that should make i possible to mail sheet or sheets to one or more people, described o his I-net site; www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm I added a sheet "mail" to my workbook and added 6 columns(needed t send out the two sheets that I would like to send) : The macro looks like this: Sub Mail_sheets() Dim MyArr As Variant Dim a As Integer Dim Arr() As String Dim N As Integer Dim strdate As String Dim wb As Workbook Dim cell As Range For a = 1 To 253 Step 3 If ThisWorkbook.Sheets("mail").Cells(2, a).Value = ""...

Outlook bar
What is the MFC equivalent to created an Outlook Bar (the toolbar that appears in the left pane)? wb There is no such thing. YOu have to do it yourself. Look at codeguru/codeproject for some tips. There are several commercial products which do this kind of thing, including Dundas, Codejock, etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "wb" <none> wrote in message news:eIVU3#ENEHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What is the MFC equivalent to created an Outlook Bar (the toolbar that > appears in the left pane)? > > wb > > "wb" <none&...

My E mail is redirecting to my wifes account: help please!
I am set up with tiscali broad band with an E mail adress for myself and secondary accounts for the family. Since upgrading Norton Internet security 2003 to Norton Internet security 2005 my incoming E mails are being directed to my wifes account. I can still use this account to send but many of the recieves end up at my wifes acount under my e mail address. ISP checked out all their items and advise that it is clear and the problem is on my PC. Can you please help Thanks -- PC In news:B74A57FD-EC73-495D-8804-C2C00E75F8D0@microsoft.com, PC <PC@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: ...

Excel 2007: Column Reference changed from Alpha to Numeric, ?
A Workbook I've been resaving as different versions recently changed it's column references to numbers instead of letters. So, B=2, AA=27, etc. Also, when I build forumlas the reference for a cell is it's row x cell, each of which as position X & Y coordinates. There are some copy/paste issue with formulas, which may or may not be related. Tools / Options... General tab, UNcheck "R1C1 reference style" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <arlon.keegan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:322a2cd6-0bf7-4e88-848d-8c0c224dbe0a@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >A Workboo...

Need Help: STM grows abnormaly fast
I have 8 Exchg 2k3 stores (total about 1.3T, and the smallest is 130G, while the biggest one is over 300G), and recently applied SP1. After that, the STM files grow abnormaly fast (about 1g/stm*day, while each edb is <1M/day) comparing with before; Only one store that remains normal (< 50M/stm*day, while each edb is about 500M/day) as before. BTW, my mail app is based on Web (use MAPI). Does there anyone meet such problem before? Is it a Exchange 2003 SP1 bug? Is there a resolution/workaround to fix it? Thanks a lot!! Are you sure that you don't have a mail loop going on? Do...

Help with error 91 please
Hi, I've searched all over this forum and the help files to figure out how to fix the below macro which works up until it can no longer find the string and then I get a run-time error 91 on the cells.find line: Sub delregion() Dim x As String x = "region total" Do While x = "region total" Cells.Find(What:="region total").Activate ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp Loop End Sub TIA for your he...

Convert VC6.0 CString::Init() code to VC7.1.
How to convert the following code to VC7.1? // Need to declare a descendant of CString to allow access to the Init() member class CStackString : public CString { public: CStackString & operator=(CString const &s); CStackString & operator=(CStackString const &s); using CString::Init; // Make public }; inline CStackString & CStackString::operator=(CString const &s) { CString::operator=(s); return *this; } inline CStackString & CStackString::operator=(CStackString const &s) { CString::operator=(s); return *this; } class CStackValue...

creating bar graph
Hello, I would like to create a bar-graph using the below data's. --------------------------------------------- Avg. Temp Low Normal High | --------------------------------------------- Jan 45.5 25 35 45 | Feb 28.6 18 25 35 | Mar 47.3 27 36 48 | April 51.4 31 39 51 | --------------------------------------------- Conditions: 1) If the Avg. Temp is below the "Low" value , bar colour should indicate in Yellow. 2) If the Avg. Temp is Below the "Normal"...

I need Help!
I have a slight problem that Excel either can not do or I can not enter the formula correctly. I am asking for your expertise. What I need is to enter Value A into a cell and then enter Value B into a cell, have Excel do the division, and then generate a table with that number of rows. For example, if I enter "20" into cell A2, enter "5" into cell B2, I need Excel to generate a table in cell C4 that starts at 1 and then in cell D4 is 2, then 3 .... If further elaboration is needed, what I am looking for is this. If I have a distance of say 20 meters & I want to...

HELP!!!! 2140 NT Internal Error starting Exchange 5.5. Directory Services
I was finally able to restore our Exchange server, but unfortunately, Directory Services will not start owing to a 2140 NT internal error. The event log does not indicate an error loading the service, just that the subordinating services failing to load because of it. Any clues? I really need to get this thing going. The KBs I've seen don't apply and Exchange Admin does not start. Thanks in advance for your help! Marc S. "Marc S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was finally able to restore our Exchange server, but >unfortunately, Dir...

Help with a frequency
I need to perform a frequency on a list of text I know that the frequency function ignores text Is there any other way to perform the same style of analysis on a list of text? Thanks in Advance for your help? Rick ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Check the COUNTIF function or use XL's PivotTable capability. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity s...

Query help 03-31-10
I have following table create table mytab (myid varchar(20), m_date datetime, c_date datetime, s_date date_time) following data is inserted insert into mytab values ('A1', '10-12-2009','11-12,2009',17-12,2009) insert into mytab values ('A2', '11-11-2009','11-12,2009',13-09,2009) insert into mytab values ('A3', '21-12-2009','12-12,2009',27-12,2009) insert into mytab values ('A1', '19-01-2010','11-01,2010',25-12,2009) now i want to pick data on the minimum date how can it be ...

Please Help! #4
Hi, i have a list of values like this: 54 24 31 ... I want to place number 54 and then leave 4 blank spaces, the place number 24, and 4 blanks, and so on, so it would look like this 54 24 31 ... How can i do this automatically?, the list is too long to insert 4 cells and then press f4 for each value, is there an autofill that can skip rows , or something that can help me?? Thanks a lot for the help -- samsg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16245 View this thr...

Adding contacts on additional computer
Have been using WLM for a couple of years now on main computer. Bought an additional laptop and have loaded WLM. (main computer has Win 7, new notebook has XP). Can add contacts on new notebook but when I exit WLM and relaunch, contacts have vanished. I suspect I must have to replicate the two but don't know how. -- Seamus Using a. same Live ID and to logon to Windows Live in WLM on both machines ? or b. Live ID signon on one and not the other ? or c. No Live ID signon on either ? Same version(latest) of WLM on each ? Do you have a copy of all contacts(from the ...

Need help to run a script from a web site
Hello Gurus I have this PS1 file, which takes 4 paramters and does couple of functions like telnet to a device and run some commands on that device The PS1 file takes, device IP as one of its paramter and credentials I want to pass these paraemters from a asp.net page but I CAN NOT find any example on how to do it, I have been binging and googling but most of the stuff is exchnage related could some one help on how to call a PS1 from C# code with n parameters Note: I have NO programming experience and just started to learn this stuff Thx a lot Hi, I had similar problems when ...

Spam mail
I discover that a lot of mails queued in Exchange 2003 box was sent from postmaster@mycompany.com to invalid email addresses (ex: 1243ordgf@hotmail.com, info@yahoo.com...). This maybe the cause our users cannot send/receive email to/from Internet. All our users has installed Symantec Antivirus and have the latest definition. We also have ScanMail 6.0 and GFI Essential 11 installed on Exchange Box but we cannot solve this problem. Please help. Thanks In news:%23wLdF9I%23FHA.2708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Newbievn <khoa.le@navigosgroup.com> typed: > I discover that a lot of mail...

"soap server application faulted" when adding an action in the workflow application
I can open the workflow manager, create a rule and insert a condition. When I try to assign an action to the condition I get this error and the manager shuts down. Can anyone shed any light? Thanks for your help. ...

error-bars in a pivot chart
I want to add error-bars to my pivot chart in the following context: I have a pivot-table with the following fields: - instance - strategy - parameter - average - std I create a pivot report and chart with the following fields: - instance as page - strategy as column - parameter as row - average as data The pivot chart will show me a data-serie per strategy with the x-axis the paramater and y-axis the average and I can select the instance in a drop down menu. My goal is to add error-bars to the data series with the plus side 'average + std' and the minus side 'average - std&...

Adding Drag & Drop to a CMDIFrameWnd
Hi I have an existing MDI app which accepts HTML files as drag/drop sources in its view windows. I want to extend this to the frame window itself so that I can drag html files from a browser straight into the app and have them opened as documents. The app already accepts dropped files in this way (eg from windows explorer ). I followed the same procedure for the CMDIFrameWnd as I did for the CView derived document view windows :- - add COleDropTarget member - register member in OnCreate - overide OnDragEnter, OnDragOver and onDrop But this doesn't do the trick - none of the overridden...

Portfolio status bar and totals problem
I updated a number of items in my portfolio the other day... Money 2007 failed to pick up that there were a number of purchases when downloading data from my financial institute, so I had to manually change "added shares" to "buys". and set the price, and account it was funded from. Since then the status bar no longer shows values for Market Value, YTD Total Return or Total Change. The sum of accounts just above the status bar is also in nearly zero. Total Mkt value shows $0.18 and should be many orders of magnitude higher. I tried to repair the file......