Back ground Page numbers

In a multiple page excell file, how can I turn off the
back ground page numbers?  Thank you Gary
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
see your other post

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> In a multiple page excell file, how can I turn off the
> back ground page numbers?  Thank you Gary

0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/13/2004 5:28:00 AM
Gary,

Not sure what you mean by "background page numbers." Do you mean a page
number in either the header or footer? If so, go to File | Page Setup.
Click on Header/Footer tab. Remove any date information if and where it
exists.

tim

Gary wrote:
> In a multiple page excell file, how can I turn off the
> back ground page numbers?  Thank you Gary
0
timotero (63)

Size of html document when saved as web page
Hello, I use excel and front page. Customers will send me a document in excel, then I will use their form to save as a webpage. The form is the output I use for their application. In excel you can make the print out put fit on a page using the excel print view functions. How can I change the excel formatting so it saves in html to print the size of page I want it? Thanks, Dave ...

sort report list on home page
In GP version 9, the report list on the home page sorts in the order the report was added. If you want to sort alphabetically or by series, you have to open the list. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community...

How to increase the number of columns.
I need more columns in excel (I now it sounds crazy). If there is no solution, than how to transform columns in rows? Please � I�m desperate�����. :( -- istancutu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ istancutu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35749 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=555288 Nel post news:istancutu.29xf9n_1151186102.1322@excelforum-nospam.com *istancutu* ha scritto: > I need more columns in excel (I now it sounds crazy). If there is no > solution, th...

Pivot Table Page Field
Hi There, I have a simple pivot table that shows sales by salesperson, per month. Months are represented by accounting period numbers (i.e. apr =1, may=2, .....march =12) The period numbers are the page field, so i select a period from the page field and it shows me the sales for that month by salesperson. However, I have the period in cell A1 that changes in real-time, can I link the page field to this cell, so instead of me having to increment the period. It simply picks it up from A1. Any help is appreciated Jim ...

print "over flow" of details section on a second page
Right now i have a report that most often prints on a single page. Sometimes i need the details section to over flow on to a second page without disturbing the page footer. Is this easily done? THanks Page footers are rarely "disturbed". I can't imagine what you mean... :-( -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "kyle775" wrote: > Right now i have a report that most often prints on a single page. > Sometimes i need the details section to over flow on to a second page > without disturbing the page footer. Is this easily done? > THanks > > On 20...

Excel 2007 Page Layout Selection Problem
I have a 19" monitor at a resolution of 1152 by 864. In page layout view, if I select a cell on page 1 by clicking just a little to the right of center in the cell, the cell and the one to the right of it are selected. If I click a little to the left of center in the cell, only the cell is selected. This behavior occurs with a zoom factor of 97% through 101%. With other zoom factors everything is fine. Also, if I scroll right so that column A disappears, there is no selection problem. This behavior does not occur on other pages, just page 1. Has anyone else noticed this kind of beh...

Can I copy a worksheet with its page setup and print formats?
Is there a way to maintain the page setup and print formats when copying a worksheet? Our admin assistant wants to be able to set up the print margins, header/footer, page orientation, etc. one time and then make multiple copies of the worksheet within the same workbook. When you copy a worksheet (not just the cells but the entire worksheet) you get the same page setup. To copy a sheet just hold Ctrl down and drag the worksheet tab to the right or left. Or right click on the tab and select Move or Copy. -- Jim "MSSAC_QA" <MSSAC_QA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

extract certain data for reports page
hi i am trying to build a program for basic accounting based on an ol dos program which i used to own 12 years ago! i cant find it anymore so im trying to build this program in excel an i have most of the work done but i need help sorting the basic data all the framework is there for inputing the data around a cashboo principle using item codes as keys for manipulating the data later on trouble is i dont know how to do the manipulating to get the seperat data out and sorted email me at al.foster@gmx.co.uk and ill give you details if you interested in helping me out thanks heres a picture o...

Specifiying Successive Page Numbers for Workbooks with Multiple Tabs/Pages
Hi, Does anyone know how to make a workbook with several tabs print with successive page numbers from the first page of the first tab to the last page of the last tab? Thanks Hi Select all of the tabs and then print the lot in one go!! -- Andy. "M.P." <mpam@challiance.org> wrote in message news:103ca01c43f3b$2afcafc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Does anyone know how to make a workbook with several tabs > print with successive page numbers from the first page of > the first tab to the last page of the last tab? > Thanks I have tried that before, but each...

Handling a Web page as a image
To All: Hello. I'm hoping someone out there (in the great expanse of the internet) knows how to save a Web page so that it can be reduced in size. I need to reduce the whole thing, not just the photographs. Anybody up on this? Thanks. ...

Extract numbers from cell with Text and Numbers
Hello All, I hope someone can help. I have a column of cells. Each cell contains some text, and then a number in parenthases, then a comma, and then come text, and then a number in parenthases, This repeats probably as many as 5 times, though some cells have fewer then 5. I want to somehow, if possible, extract JUST THE NUMBERS. If I can automatically get a total so that I can average the total (dividing by a number in another column, but in the same row as the numbers extracted) that would be great. I am most concerned with not having to manually enter the numbers again. If anyone ha...

Limit number of CPUs?
Is there a way to set the number of CPUs SQL Server will use (SQL 2005 Enterprise)? I know you can do it per query, but is there a way to set it across the board (e.g., in the registry or in the configuration manager)? Thanks. Can you explain more of what your intent is? There is a setting called MAXDOP (Maximum degree of Parallelism) at the instance level. But you need to understand what it does and if that is really what you want. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Neil W" <neilw@netlib.com> wrote in message news:uAWNEedbKHA.16...

Text to Number
Copied below is the the original problem, converting text to numbers Gord, thanks for your reply. I tried this on the same data (which i included as an attachment) on my machine running Excel 2000 on Window 2000, this returns "No cells found!". However, when I ran it on anothe machine running Excel 2002 on WinXP, it ran fine, returning just th results I wanted. Is this likely to be a difference between the Excel versions, o something wrong with my settings? I could upgrade to Excel 2002, bu this would be a last resort, can anyone suggest a workaround? Bertie. This worked for me on...

backing up msmoney
Does anyone know if I can use the D drive for back up? Thanks. JP Money can backup to disk or Floppy/removable devices recognized as full-service file systems by your operating system. We can have no clue what D: represents on your system. <jdpaten@starband.net> wrote in message news:01be01c38065$07b46160$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if I can use the D drive for back up? > Thanks. JP We need to know what the D drive is on your system. On mine it is a second hard disk - so for me the answer is yes! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips htt...

Relating Product Serial Numbers in Dynamics GP and Dynamics CRM
Hello, This is really a two part question and of course i'll start with my first. #1 We’re currently looking to purchase Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Dynamics GP to accommodate the growing needs of our business. One of the largest reasons we’re looking to move to this new infrastructure is due to the lack of support our current systems have for “sales leads” and “product maintenance” plans. A critical part of these new processes is to have our new CRM & GP package support some sort of tight integration between the line item in a sale within GP and the registered “acc...

How to SUM only numbers in a range with Text?
Hello, I'm a new user to excel and forumlas. I have a column that has a total number of units in C9. In column C8 are names of people. I have to either put next to the names T 2, T 4, E 2 or E4 (F9 to AD9). I am using the following formula to subtract from the total number of units for each day in the month. Formula in Cell AE9: =(C9-(SUM(F9:AD9))/2) This works perfectly for me when I only insert number 2 or 4. In column AE,it gives me the number of UNUSED UNITs. Well now my boss wants me to enter the letter T or E with the NUMBERS, and I don't know how to adjust this...

tracking the active cell row number
I posted this earlier and got a way of doing it by using CELL("row") an pressing F9 each time I change row, but that seems a bit cumbersome. What I would like is someway of either a formula or macro running i the background (maybe on each up or down arrow or enter key stroke constantly checking the active cell and displaying its row number i another cell. I am trying to create a data entry table and the colum headers chang on the result of the first entry in each row. I can get this to work by adding an 'add data line' button which check the content of the first colum and...

Excel 2000
In Excel 2000, How do I configure printing a number of copies by default I'm sure there is an option - Just can't find it.. Thanks! ...

Page Headers and Subreports
Hi: I have an unbound report with a page header. The page header has various labels in it. I then have a "fake" group with a subreport in the header for the group. The labels in the page header for the main unbound report pertain to the columns of data in this subreport. I have a second "fake" group with a similar (but not identical) subreport in the header for the group. This group is set to start on a new page. I want to change the labels in the page header of the main report whenever this group is being displayed. How do I do this? In case I've lost you in d...

Remove header/footer from Excel first page?
How do I remove the header/footer from an Excel first page (leaving the header/footer for all subsequent pages, just like in Word)? Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "richdsn2" <richdsn2@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:80B26CE8-14A3-4932-BEA8-9B975EE9198C@microsoft.com... > How do I remove the header/footer from an Excel first page (leaving the > header/footer for all subsequent pages, just like in Word)? ...

Add a line/row number in front of query results
How can a add a line number in front of the returned query results? Example: If a query returns 3 records: Dog Cat Mouse I would like to query to return the results with line numbers: 1 Dog 2 Cat 3 Mouse The query would add line/row numbers for the returned results. Thank you in advance, I have asked this question in the past but having a hard time in trying to explain this simple concept or maybe its not so simple. Michael Kintner RowNum Sample SELECT (SELECT COUNT(*)+1 FROM PERMISSIONS P1 WHERE P1.ID < P.ID) AS ROWNUM, P.* FROM PERMISSIONS P HTH Pieter "Michael Kint...

To get client data from a saved file back to the master file
I have designed a programme that records data and also links to another programme, but when I save the client information the name of the file changes and I loose the link. I want to be able to open a master copy each time and get the client data from the saved file so I can update each time and resave updates information, this way the link will always be there, I hope? ...

Backing up PST-file
I'm currently using Outlook 2003 and thinking of changing to 2007. As a precaution, I copied my PST file to a different location and then set about testing this by opening Outlook. I navigated to the location where the back up was and clicked to open it. After a while I got a message saying "Run-time error. Do you want to debug?" or similar. I clicked no and the folders seemed okay. When I repeated the file open process it led me to the back-up location. I then reversed back to the default location and got the same message, again clicking no. Question 1: Do I hav...

how to convert multiple pages to one single page on web
How do I convert 9 pages in publisher into a single flowing single page on the web ? ...

Weird Number Truncating
I am trying to create a spreadsheet for tracking items by barcode. Fo what ever reason, any number containing more than 15 numbers, exce changes all numbers after the 15th digit to zero. For example: 7301010250174422 becomes 7301010250174420 when entered into an excel cell. 7301010250174422456 becomes 7301010250174420000 Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks Darro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Darron, Excel's precision for numbers is 15 decimal digits. Use text instead, either by preceding the number with a single quote (which will not show) or by formatting ...