Awesome list of Excel/Word/Powerpoint shortcuts!

Hi, everybody!

I recently discovered a great keyboard shortcut list for the office
applications.   It seems to have practically every shortcut imaginable and it
fits on one page too!  I printed it out and put on the wall next to my
monitor -- just great!.  Thought you would appreciate it...

Here's the link to the PDF file.  Hit print and you're ready to go.

http://www.prihodko.com/msoffice/Office_2003_Shortcuts.pdf

Lindy
0
forum (466)

Hi Lindy,

For Excel, I like Chip Pearson's Excel Keyboard Shortcuts page at:

        http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm

There is also a downloadable zip file.

Chip also offers a VBA shortcuts page at:

        http://www.cpearson.com/excel/VBAShortcutKeys.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"Lindy S via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message

> Hi, everybody!
>
> I recently discovered a great keyboard shortcut list for the office
> applications.   It seems to have practically every shortcut imaginable and
> it
> fits on one page too!  I printed it out and put on the wall next to my
> monitor -- just great!.  Thought you would appreciate it...
>
> Here's the link to the PDF file.  Hit print and you're ready to go.
>
> http://www.prihodko.com/msoffice/Office_2003_Shortcuts.pdf
>
> Lindy

0
normanjones (1047)

Exporting a List Of Addresses
I have been asked to export a list of all addresses within our network. While I am pretty sure there was a button on Exchange 5.5 to do this, I cannot seen to find a tool to enable this task in 2003. Any ideas??? Hi maybe there is an easiest way but I use dsquery or csvde to do such a things dsquery * dc=exchange,dc=edu -filter "(&(objectclass=user)(objectcategory=person))" -attr displayname proxyAddresses for domain exchange.edu and for users only Nebojsa Seslija "Griff" <Griff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C86675-2A31-44BD-8AF...

data-> validation-> list
Hi! I'd very much appreciate any hint for the following issue: Let's say In cell A1 I can choose between 'boy' and 'girl'. Names available for boys are: Jon, Tom and Ben while for girls: Claudia, Pamela and Sarah. In cell B2 I'd like to create choice list (by data -> validation -> list) with reference to value in cell A1. I don't know how to narrow the choice in drop-down menu in cell B2 with reference to value of cell A1. Thx in advance for any help! lucas Lucas, There is an example at http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html on how to do ...

WinExplorer info to Excel
If I open My Computer (Windows 2000 Professional) in Details View, I can view the contents of any given folder or drive, with columns for filename, size, date created, date Modified, Author, etc. My question is, is there any way to get this information into an Excel worksheet? I have used another database explorer program (Invitrogen Vector NTI 10) which has a button called "camera" which does this. Thank you for your time and attention -- Anne Murray You can do it if you want to use "DOS" commands: Go to "START" - "ACCESSORIES" - "COMMAND...

Outlook/Word
I have marked outlook to use Word as my default editor. I have Office 2003. Every time I try to write a new email I get the message "Interface not Registered" or a mesage that Word was not found on the computer.....OLE registration problems...RUN Setup again". I have re-installed the office without any progress. Please help. ...

Import Data from Microsoft Word
Hi Everyone, I am supposed to write a piece of code to read data from a MS Word document file (Importer). The text in the word document is tagged with styles (The dropdown to the left of font name). What I need to do is read the text along with its style so that I can tell what to do with the text. Has anyone done anything like this before? The only thing that I have found is office automation. But there is so much info that I haven't even scratched the surface. AliR. Lots of luck. You need the NDA document on the Word internal format (which I once got from Microsoft, but I don&#...

Auto Word Select #4
Hi, I need to know how i can get a list of words to act as auto selects, so that i dont need to type them constantly across my worksheet. I heard that i need a combo box. i am using excel 2000. Thanks for your help. ...

Import excel into RMS
I need to import excel file into RMS is the only way thru EMS, or is there another option? You can download the "Quicksell Import Tool" from the downloads section of http://www.jeanholland.com - you have to create an account, but it's free. The quicksell import tool is an UNSUPPORTED tool that MS released several years ago. You can use it to import Items, suppliers and customers. I tried it once and found that it was easier for me to just load the files directly into SQL Server and move the data around from there - but I'm a SQL geek... A lot of people seem to like...

Images in Excel 2000
I'd like to import an 8 1/2" x 11" jpg image into an exel 2000 spreadsheet and be able to enter data into the cells and still see the image underneath. Is this possible and how do I do it. This would be impossible or nearly so using Microsoft Excel. You could do it with Word. http://www.officearticles.com/word/typing_on_top_of_a_scanned_form_in_microsoft_word.htm However, I think it's crazy to try it under any circumstances. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "cjones" <cjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Quote Product showing products not part of the Quote Price List
On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and products that are not part of that price list. What am I missing? I suspect this is by design, Bob. You might need to write a script to check if the product selected is present in the specified pricelist and display an alert, etc. HTH, Niths "Bob" wrote: > On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill > into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and > product...

comp.apps.spreadsheets,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hi All, I am generating large amounts of data that need to be analyzed on the fly. To simplify the problem, consider an Excel workbook that has n number of data sheets, S1 to Sn. Each spreadsheet has 5 columns, C1 to C5 and x number of rows, R1 to Rx, in addition to the a header row. The workbook also has one main sheet called Smain. The workbook should be capable of doing the following automatically, either by pressing a button or auto-refresh when the data is updated: 1. The rows of each data sheet should be sorted max to min according to C3. 2. If the maximum value in C3 of a given sheet...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Import Budget into GP v.10 from Excel
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C99834.C340E060 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having an issue and have followed the following but it still does = not work.=20 Error message when you try to import a budget in General Ledger in = Microsoft Dynamics GP: "The number of periods for the budget does not = match the number of columns in Excel" View products that this article applies to. -------------------------------------------------------------------------= -----...

how to make postcards in word for mass mailing
I wish to make postcards in word for a mass mailing, does anyone know how to do this? Type 'em up and print them out? "lilfrogr" <lilfrogr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F542BCFE-CB4B-4562-9BFE-5DC049864AD9@microsoft.com... :I wish to make postcards in word for a mass mailing, does anyone know how to : do this? If you have the addresses in a format that can be used for mail merge use mail merge See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Sourceā€ at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm and the ar...

excel Hyperlink question
Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Under the Insert Hyperlink menu, I think if you select the "Existing File or Web Page" button and point to what you want, that should do it. HTH Steve "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219B8DA6-B7E1-4405-A272-2EEEAF6F8786@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular > cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Is there a way the hype...

Excel properties
Hi, I'm having a problem running a Word macro which mailmerges data from an excel file I get sent regularly. This only started happening recently. I noticed that my macro runs fine if I open the Excel document then 'save as' the same name. Looking at the properties within Excel I see the original has nothing under the general tab and the archive box is unticked. The resaved document has all the 'type', 'location', 'size' etc data as you would expect, plus the archive box is ticked. Anyone know what's going on here then? Cheers, Shedlord ...

macro in excel 2007
I was able to access the macro trust level. My excel has customized form fields that don't show unless I populate the second options, what is the third option, will it let the fields stay available so I don't have to populate everytime? I have a trusted source. Hi Tillie, Without seeing the actual macro code (assuming that you issue is controlled by code and not by worksheet protection) then I don't think it is possible to answer your question. You probably should talk to whoever set up the worksheet. "access the macro trust level" only allows you to decide wheth...

Movement of cursor within a drop down list
When we type a letter in the cell, the cursor should move to the word starting with that letter in the drop down list. How this can be done? If you are using a Data Valadation drop down try this. Sort your validation list and at the beginning of the A's enter a single A, do the same for the beginning of the B's and all the way through to the Z's. Click in the cell that has the drop down validation and type in the letter of the list you desire... say you type in an O. DO NOT hit enter... leave the cell in the edit mode (still selected) and now hit your down arrow. Should take...

Trying to automatically import specific data from Excel into Word:
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this: I'll start by explaining the spreadsheet I created in Excel (an inventory / information worksheet): It is pretty simple; approximately 12 columns. The key column is the item number / UPC / bar code number, then after that there are various information columns including item name, description, condition, picture links, etc. Secondly, I created a template Microsoft Word document that is relatively long, but will have a few lines (give or take...about 7) customized for each item on the inventory. What I am trying to d...

Filtering Excel 2003 Charts to a date range
I have multiple charts that we look for trends on over 1-2 year time frames. Is it possible to have a chart show all the data that has been entered and when looking at the chart have a date range data to format that range differently. What I am trying to do is we have weekly or montly meetings, in these meetings I would like to show all the additional data differently that has been added since our last meeting, while showing accumulative data in a different format. The easiest way to get different formats is to use different series. If you had one series, you could use autofiltering to...

shortcut menu
format command on shortcut menu does not work Hi Javed Your worksheet is protected -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Javed" <Javed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3059AEA6-A0E0-4191-91C1-07695A8DF494@microsoft.com... > format command on shortcut menu does not work ...

Dropdowns in Word 2003
I have created a dropdown in Word 2003; the text exceeds the field length and the text that is beyond that field length is getting cutoff on the document. Can I widen the dropdown field? How can I correct this issue? Thanks! See http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>...

Select buttons pasted into Excel
I pasted a table from my investment account into Excel. The tabl included option buttons. I can get rid of the alpha/numeric part of th paste but the buttons remain. I've tried to format & copy empty cells but the button remains. I ca turn on the button -- nothing happens that I am aware of. How do I get rid of it?? Delete or clear doesn't work. joe -- jzemane ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jzemanek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

How to get an excel doc not saved as "Read Only"
I'm trying to figure out why my Excel doc saves as "Read Only". Is there something I can do to prevent this in the future? Try File>Properties>General tab and see if Read Only is checked. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "bunbarn" wrote: > I'm trying to figure out why my Excel doc saves as "Read Only". Is there > something I can do to prevent this in the future? Some additional items to work through: Read-Only in Excel, Problems with http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/readonly.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

Word as EMail Editor in Outlook, Smartquote Problem
Using Office 2003 in Win XP Pro. Word is set as e-mail editor in Outlook. Word is set to use smartquotes, as they look better than the plain straight quotes, in Word documents. However, that seems to cause problems in Outlook e-mail. Spell-checker reports that words are spelled incorrectly, and if sent as is, the other party receives them seeing squares instead of quotation marks. How can I fix this? Has anyone come up with a solution? You have to pick a font that you know has the characters, since not everyone receiving it is guaranteed to have the same font story that you have.... --...

Moving and Selecting Multiple Objects in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am new to Word 2008 and can't seem to be able to nudge objects or select multiple objects in a document. I am trying to make small movements to a selected object by holding the option key and then using the directional arrows----doesn't work. Also cannot select multiple objects by holding shift key. Do these functions need to be &quot;turned on&quot; somewhere? Maybe my old PC mind is giving me the wrong commands. Can anyone help? In article <59bb6613.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, ...