Aways open workbook on sheet 1 ???

Hi

I have a multi-sheet workbook which performs various calculations o
each sheet

Is it at all possible to make the work book allways open on sheet
even if the last save was on sheet 4 for example

Sheet 1 is like the "home page" for the work book

Thank

--
benson6
benson68's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3034

I think this should work for you -

Code:
--------------------
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
  Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
  Range("A1").Select
  End Sub

--------------------

Just paste it into the 'This workbook' section in VB.

--
mevetts

mevetts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29130
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500058

Excellent

Works a like a dream

Thank You

--
benson68
benson68's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30347

:)

Thanks for the feedback.

--
mevetts

mevetts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29130
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500058

Why does Excel hang up when trying to open files?
I have Office 2003 with Excel 2003 installed. When I try to open files from the peer-to-peer network, the program hangs up and will not go any further. At that point I have to shut it down. I can access the network with other programs including Word so I know it's not the network. Anybody have any ideas? ...

Cash receipt remains open for the invoice document with history status
There is a cash receipt that is still remain open for the invoice document has previously applied, and this invoice document status has changed to History (because of this status the cash receipt cannot be applied to this invoice. I have done the Reconcile and CheckLinks GP > Tools > Utilities > Sales > Reconcile Current Customer Information Outstanding Document Amounts for the particular customer ID. GP > Maintenance > CheckLinks > Sales Receivable Transaction History Files Receivable Batch History Receivable Open Transaction File Receivable S...

Can't Open MS OL 2003
Help !!! We have no idea why we can't open our Microsoft 2003 Outlook today. We've used it for about 3 years without a hitch. We shut the system down as normal last night, no windows were open. Today when we attempted to check our mail we got a popup window with the following: * Cannot start MS Outlook * Unable to open the Outlook Window * The set of folders could not be opened * The server is not available * Contact your adminstrator if this problem persists. The outlook.pst file is less than 1MB. Fearing the worst, we copied and pasted the outlook.pst and the archiv...

Unable to open money file from other XP accounts
Recently unable to open money file from my wifes XP account. Says file is in use. All other users are logged off. What would be using the file? In microsoft.public.money, TP wrote: >Recently unable to open money file from my wifes XP >account. Says file is in use. All other users are >logged off. What would be using the file? Perhaps IE. Perhaps Money Express. ...

Opening Old Excel Files
Often when I open old excel files I get a horizontal "artifact type" line at the bottom of Row 1, about @ Col. B to G. I have seen this with all versions of excel - what is it and can I get rid of it in my old excel files. Thanks, webermis Does Window/Unfreeze Panes get rid of it? Jordon "webermis" wrote > Often when I open old excel files I get a horizontal "artifact type" line at > the bottom of Row 1, about @ Col. B to G. I have seen this with all versions > of excel - what is it and can I get rid of it in my old excel files. > > Thank...

not being prompted that user has file open
One of my clients has Excel 2000 and the other Excel 2003. A file has been saved to a shared network drive. The file has a password to modify. Neither one of the users is notified when they open the file that the other has the file open. The sharing feature is not turned on. I have heard of this happening before with other users. Could this be a version compatibility issue? -- maryj ...

Open Report Argument method
Access2003; am humbled and had to use a macro to open a report to a specific record... in the Where clause of the OpenReport macro I put: [ReportField]=Forms![Form1].[FormControl1] everything works fine....... but went around in circles attempting to do this via the OpenReport argument and would greatly appreciate some patient guidance. Thought this should work: Dim strCriteria As String strCriteria = "[ReportField] = &[Me.FormControl1]&" DoCmd.OpenReport "NameOfReport", acViewPreview, , strCriteria I think I did every conceivable combination of " '...

Opening docs created in OSX in PC versions of Word
Colleagues are always complaining that they can't open my OSX Word docs on their PCs (also running Word.) is there something they or I can do to improve compatibility? Thanks anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote : > Colleagues are always complaining that they can't open my OSX Word > docs on their PCs (also running Word.) is there something they or I > can do to improve compatibility? Thanks Which version of Word are you running and how do you transfer the files? There should be no compatibility problem, as the PC and Mac Office file formats are identical in all the...

My emails open up inside the "Notes" of my Business Contacts Business Manager
Whenever I select a contact inside my Business Contacts Business Manager, all my emails show up inside my "Business Contact History" frame making it impossible to use the "Add" feature. Can Someone help? Thanks, Michael Stein mike@ivescreative.com BCM sometimes has what's known as a "forms cache" problem. Clearing the cache usually fixes it. Choose Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Custom Forms, then click Manage Forms, then Clear Cache. If simply clearing the cache doesn't fix the issue, try the other steps detailed at http://suppor...

Have a text box 'float' over a sheet
Dear all, Is it possible, in Excel 2007, to have a text box 'float' over a sheet so that it doesn't move when you scroll the sheet? "Don't move or size with cells" doesn't seem to have this effect. Reasoning: I have a report that is updated frequently but irregularly, and I want the date of most recent update to be visible at all times, regardless of what part of the sheet is being viewed. I'd like to anchor my text box to the window (or something else that doesn't usually move) rather than to a location in the document, if you see what...

Workbooks Resolution
Is there a way in a macro or function to have a workbook adjust to a new resolution? When I send a workbook to another PC some of the sheets are off the page. Hi, Excel can not detect the resolution of the monitor but you can write VBA code that would call a Window's DLL. John Walkenback has something on this in his Power Programming books, and you could check his web site. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Ed Davis" wrote: > Is there a way in a macro or function to have a workbook adjust to a new > resolution? > When ...

consolidating workbooks
Hi, I inherited a situation at work wherein I use several different workbooks which, after they have been fully maintained and updated, when printed out and assembled become a complete document. There are various cells in the workbooks that link to each other. I would like to consolidate these various workbooks into one comprehensive workbook, with the old workbooks becoming worksheets withing the new, consolidated workbook. I began doing this today, and I've been painstakingly updating the old links so they will find the proper cells in the new workbook. My question is, is there ...

MSCRM 1.2 Installation & Configuration Certification
Hi I've just had a minor coronary. I went on the official 3 day course for the above and have also just completed the MS eLearning course on it. Also installed and used the App extensively. I am taking the exam on Friday and was feeling quietly confident until I just got sight of the Exam Prep guide that says that 14.3% of the questions are on the Data Migration Framework. This is not covered in either of the aforementioned courses (which are the MS recommended ones). I just took a peek at the DM guide, hence the heart problem encountered. Is there any training for this?...I...

Unlinking between workbooks
I have a problem with documents that I have created, then copied to be used on another computer and then put back into my computer. When I make a copy, it ends up linking that to another file...half the time it is one that was on a floppy disk. I don't want this link between worksheets, but it prompts me every time I open the file if I want to update info. I always say no. Is there any way to remove this link, and, in the future, prevent this from happening? If I go into the "links" under edit, it does not give me an option to remove this link, only update or change it. How can ...

Updating Workbook and Macros
I have an external program that creates an excel workbook with several worksheets. I need to have an existing workbook with the same worksheets and data updated with the externally created workbook. If I let the external program create the excel workbook with the same name I lose the macros within. I cannot find an easy way or any way to update the existing workbooks with the new data . Any Help would be appreciated. Bing59 ...

Combo box changes file on open
This a followup on a previous post why Do you want to save changes pops up when nothing has changed. It turns out a combo box seems to have something attached that changes the file. I created the box as a test using the control toolbox toolbar. I right clicked the combo box and selected properties and in the listfillrange typed in list (a named range). Now when I open the file and close it, the pop up happens. This happens on a new workbook as well. Another thing happens using a checkbox, where in another new workbook I inserted a checkbox. I right clicked on it and selected view...

Select all Sheets Error
Hi, I tried to select all sheets in a database i have by having this macro: Sub Test() Sheets.Select End Sub but there is an error "Runtime Error 1004 - Method 'select' of object 'Sheets' failed". However, when I open a new workbook and do this, the macro works. Why? Regards, Val Hi Val You have hidden sheets in that workbook -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "dolphinv4" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:143701c4a607$2fe2c870$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I tried to select all sheets ...

How in the world do you open an excel spreadsheet archived in a .ark file?
It seems to be some legacy compression format that only works in Linux. I'm running Windows.. redrosekrs@yahoo.com wrote... >It seems to be some legacy compression format that only works in Linux. >I'm running Windows.. The CP/M port of the MS/PC-DOS ARC archiver generated ARK files. I'd guess that ARK files are identical to ARC files, and most 3rd party archivers can open ARC files. Copy YourFile.ARK as YourFile.ARC and see whether WinZip or some other free or shareware archiver can open it. ...

error -1.#IND
Hello, one of number has i VBA code value -1.#IND. What mean it? Adax wrote: > Hello, one of number has i VBA code value -1.#IND. What mean it? Indeterminate. Result cannot be represented in a floating point register. Most likely the result of 0/0, sqrt(-1) or similar. Regards, Martin Brown ...

After IE8 install, one user account cannot open IE at all
I have three user accounts, one will not open up IE at all, and if I try to open a link to a website, get the error windows cannot open www.url.com etc Tried creating a new user account and having same issue there first two user accounts no problems at all any suggestions? Thank you Hi, OS version and service pack level? (upgrade or clean install?) ALWAYS test in no-Addons mode first. 99% of IE problems are addon releated. Start>Control Panel>Internet Options - Connections tab? Start>Control Panel>Networking? "windows cannot open www.url.com etc&quo...

Office 2000 SR-1 Installer prevents the opening of an Excel file
I have Office 2000 running XP Pro -- when I click on an Excel file, I get the Windows Installer asking me to insert the Office SR-1 disk which I no longer have inmy possession. This just started after three happy years of using Office 2000. How can I return to opening my Excel files? Hi you probably need these CDs. If you have lost them you may ask Microsoft's support to send them anew -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Archiex" <Archiex@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:56BFF412-9D09-4739-9DAC-4BC80467A3B7@microsoft.com... > I have O...

Copy Cell Data From One Sheet To Another
I'm not sure that what I want to do will work, but here goes. I have one workbook containing two sheets. On sheet one, I have a cell, let's say C2. In the next column, D2 and E3, I have empty cells. In worksheet two, I have three columns with data in them. What I need to do is set up something so that when I enter data in cell C2 of worksheet one and hit enter, a program or formula copies that data, goes to worksheet two, searchs for the copied data, and when found, copies the data from the found cell and the next two cells (find data in G1, copy data from G1:I1) from workshe...

Opening Publisher
I saved my publisher files on a disk now because I had to reinstall my operating system and my office software which was the same software that was previously installed. Now when I open my files it bears a message that publisher cannot open files from a pervious version. What can I do to open my files. How about you tell us what version of Publisher the files were created on, what version of Publisher you are trying to open the files in and what version of Windows you are using??? Have you copied the files from the disk to the hard drive. You cannot open files from garbage ZIP disks ...

share a workbook but protect the formulas

Insert File Source Path in Workbook
In excel 2000 are you able to insert the files path on at the base of the workbook as say a footer? Not just the filename - the whole path eg: h:\mydocuments\excel\book1.xls Hi Carl, Not part of Excel 2000, though it was added in Excel 2002. For versions prior to Excel 2002 you need a macro. An example of a macro for Excel 2000 can be seen in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm look for "Workbook_BeforePrint" within a box. === HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ex...