Averaging weekly data into Months

Ive got a string of weekly data ranging from 1993-2010, which i need to
convert from weekly to monthly.

Id like to do this so that in the future new weekly data can be
automatically converted to its monthly average.

Whats the best way to do this?

Maybe this will be useful to you...

Step1: (If your weekly-date is in column B) Make a new column near your
data, with formula in each line as "=eomonth(b1,0)"
This will bring month value of each data-line, so later you can
summarise/condense your data through this column value.

Step2: In your monthly summary, use reference to this newly made column
instead of weekly-date column.

--
Regards,
Pritesh

"Khimasia" wrote:

> Ive got a string of weekly data ranging from 1993-2010, which i need to
> convert from weekly to monthly.
>
> Id like to do this so that in the future new weekly data can be
> automatically converted to its monthly average.
>
> Whats the best way to do this?

Move Outlook data to another computer
Purchased a new laptop. How do i backup and move outlook 2003 from my desktop to my laptop. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J.J asked: | Purchased a new laptop. How do i backup and move outlook | 2003 from my desktop to my laptop. ...

Money 2006
I start using Money since 99, up to Money 2004,I am able to generate a monthly report for whichever the month I want as long as the data are available. This means I can get a monthly report a few years back and take it to compare with my present monthly report or for some other purposes. But since Money 2005,the program only allows you to have the most recent 12 monthly reports including the one in progress. I just upgrade to M06 and it seems this function is the same as 05. Can someone help to verify if my understanding is correct and whether possible to change the program setting to ...

Prevent multiple entries in a month
I have a stored procedure that inserts note records and if a value > 0 is set in the @Units parameter AND the @ActivityCode sent = 64 then it looks to see if it should add a new ActivityHistory record and a ClientCaseNotes record. It is suppose to not create more than 1 record if there is already a record for a linked person (PeopleLinkID) for that same month. Below is the portion of the stored procedure where this is occurring. Note the IF @ActivityCode = 64 and NOT EXISTS .... section is as that is where it is failing. It creates 2 records for a month for 1 person and Act...

How to automatically rearrange data on a worksheet.
Hi all. I am a noob when it comes to Excel, so I hope there is some of yo gurus who can help me out with a probably trivial problem. Thing is, I have a program that automatically logs data to a CSV file All the data is added sequentally to the file. If I open it with Excel it looks like this: Code ------------------- VarName TimeString VarValue Test_tag_00 20-10-2005 13:41 1 Test_tag_01 20-10-2005 13:41 2 Test_tag_02 20-10-2005 13:41 3 Test_tag_03 20-10-2005 13:41 4 Test_tag_00 20-10-2005 13:48 1 Test_tag_01 20-10-2005 13:48 2 Test_ta...

data entry on multiple worksheets
I have a book with one master worksheet and then several other worksheets with data from the master. Is it possible to have the data I enter or update on the master to automatically populate the correct information into the other worksheets, even though the other worksheets store the data on different rows than the master? Hi you could use cell links such as ='master sheet'!A1 in your target cells -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "diosdias" <diosdias@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A674ACB3-C5F7-477D-954E-561B85FF705E@microsoft.co...

Pivot Table Refresh error "Problems Obtaining Data"
I can't seem to get data or change the data source. When I refresh, I get the error message "Problems Obtaining Data" When I start the Pivot Table Wizard, the back button is grayed out so that I can't go back and change data sources. Any help is appreciated. ...

Problem with external data and #reference error
Hi, my Excel workbook has 2 sheets: 1. Source: with an external data reference to a MS Access database Query property "If number of rows changes after refresh" is set to option #1: "Insert cells for new data, delete unused cells" User chooses external query selection criteria and therefore can have different result sets. 2. Target: Formular B4: =Source!P5 Formular B5: =Source!P6 Formular B6: =Source!P7 Problem: When Source has data in rows 5, 6 and 7 formular gets calculated correctly. If Source row #5 has data and #6 and ...

Excel: how to merge data from 2 workbooks with 1 col. in common?
I've got two separate workbooks. Each workbook contains unique columns except for one, which is a "key" column, or an id field. Example: I have a client # column in both workbooks. In the first workbook, I also have first name and last name columns. In the second column, I have phone number and address columns. How do I merge the two workbooks into one so that for each client # I have their first name, last name, phone number, and address. Well, I think I'd start by getting all the data into one workbook. With both workbooks open, select the worksheet with the phone n...

move axes and axis labels behind data points on scatter chart
I'm working with a series of XY scatter charts that all pull data from the same worksheet. They are all copied from the "original" scatter chart and then just have the cell references changed so that the formatting stays consistent across the series. (The charts will be shown sequentially and I don't want anything changing other than the location of the data points.) However, on some of the charts, the axis and/ or the axis label appers on top/ in front of some of the data points and behind/ under other data points (which is what I want - the axes and labels behind th...

can the fill colour of a bar be tied to the data font colour data

Data List #2
In relation to an earlier question, I am looking for a way of creatin box which displays the contents of a list, which when clicked on can b copied to a current cell, but other items added to this list. For example, in one spreadsheet a list of; John Paul Peter In another spreadsheet, a view of this, so that the values can easil be copied over, but also the abaility to add another name. Something like.. [Players] | John | | Paul | | Peter | ... [ADD NEW] Any ideas? Many thanks, Mic -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mich Lookup data validation. It is very straigh...

Seperate Company for Historical Data
We would like to set up a seperate company that would contain historical or completed transaction and keep the open transaction on our live company. Is there a way to do this and if so what will we have to do to set this up? Eric One way of doing it is to create table triggers. The trigger would fire everytime there is a new transaction on the history tables. It will just copy the transaction to another database.You have to take note of the voiding historical trx process. "esf1999" wrote: > We would like to set up a seperate company that would contain historical or >...

Selecting Specific Data
What I want to do is to have a drop down box (like an autofilter) that will select a certain range of dates, from some data I have. e.g. from now --> 6mths later 6mths later --> 12 mths later .. and so on --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Data Validation range
Hi, in my book i have a cell with data validation set up to collect data from a range B5:B1005. every month, this range is empty and gets filled up throughout the month. my problem is as i have set the validation range to look at the range B5:B1005, i get a massive dropdown box which ( when i have only 20 items ), is alot of space. can the validation range be sort of active so if there is only 20 items in the range, it only lists the 20 items without the other 800 spaces from the empty cell? i thought maybe a named range but i cannot get it to do what i need. any ideas greatly apprecia...

Export data to txt format file
Can I write a VB procedure that will export a table of data with specific widths? I done it manually, but no success with VB procedure -- pad On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 19:36:01 -0800, paduanow <wpaduano@go.com> wrote: >Can I write a VB procedure that will export a table of data with specific >widths? I done it manually, but no success with VB procedure Take a look at the Help for "TransferText". Yes, you can create an output specification with fixed width files, in code just as you can using File... Export. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Month Formula #2
Is there a formula that would read the previous cell and insert the following month? Ex. Prev Cell is "June" the next cell would read "July"? Hi Todd, That really depends if what you have in the cell is a date or text. When you select a cell in question, what does it say in the Formula Bar? Is it "June"? Or is a number/date *formatted* to show June (mmmm)? If it's a date, check out the EOMONTH function from the Analysis Toolpak. HTH -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr "Todd Nelson" <ToddNelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Display more than 1 month in Outlook 2007?
When I'm in my Calendar view, I'd like to see at least 3 months at a time in the little calendars in the left-hand pane. There's plenty of room, but only 1 month shows. I can get more months if I expand that pane wider, but then it moves the corresponding pane in the Inbox view also, which I don't want. Help? KathyN <KathyN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I'm in my Calendar view, I'd like to see at least 3 months at a > time in the little calendars in the left-hand pane. There's plenty > of room, but only 1 month shows. > > I c...

Sorting PivotChart data
Hi, In excel 2007 I want to sort data in the chart I made from pivot. I want them to be sort in descending order. The reason is, I need bar Pivotchart diagram to use as Pareto chart. I'm also using this new function in excel 2007 , "drill-down" or "drop-down" to multiple levels/layers in PivotChart. I want also those sub-level data to be arranged in descending order. I'm doing stratification(sequence of Paretos) of data in my plant so I need it desperately. It would make my life easier. Thanks in advance, Slobodan ...

Data Import
i have tried on two occasions to import numerous leads. The first import was over 400 and the seconds was just under 100. On both occasions, I have not gotten all of the leads I have imported. As you can see with the math, I should have somewhere near 500 + leads to play with CRM. I have a total of 19. There shouldn't be a limit on the total number of items to import? I have not looked at the database itself to see if the leads have actually imported and only 19 are displaying. If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate the input. go to workplace - activities then bulk import...

Entourage Reminders showing dates for next month overdue
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop Recently my reminder window has been showing me events as overdue, but upon looking closer find the date showing as next months events. Why are late December dates showing as overdue in November. The are events that occur monthly and are set up to remind 2 to 3 days in advance. On Nov 26, 5:24=A0pm, tankmas...@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power = PC Email Client: pop Recently my reminder window has been showing me events= a...

Importing data from web site
Hi Is there any procedure with VB to mimic something like the 'get external data from web' function within Excel. I would like to import currency exchange rate data from a web site and show the results in a listview control. Any help on this would be very much appreciated. TIA "Martin Parker" <MartinParker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:600CD518-8C01-44FB-9401-0D579F56BB27@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Is there any procedure with VB to mimic something like the 'get external > data from web' function within Excel....

how can i color points in a plot with a third data series?
i have 3 columns of data, i would like one as x, one as y, and one as the color of the points. is this possible? You may wish to visit Jon's site http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html to get more familiar with Excel cahrting. Then come back and get any extra help needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "aaron" <aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70D745A9-7F7C-4222-8562-1480EC930077@microsoft.com... > i have 3 columns of data, i would like one as x, one as y,...

type of data convertion error
Hi all, when i'm trying to import or just to make a linked table i found errors in the some of the fields becaouse of the type of data whenever there is a mix in one column between some that are numbers and some that are chars the default is char but the numbers are becoming error how can i overcome the problem? ...

Chart Data Source
Hi, Thanks in advance. How do I get the data source of a chart and put it in a varable with VBA code? Thanks Trev B -- Trev B Excel 2007 Chart VBA Get source range from chart. http://www.mediafire.com/file/mozmw2mmnrk/12_16_09.xlsm ...

Shared hosting and data store
If I want a shared exchange server used by deferent company�s, how would the best way to have data stores be? Just one data store, or one data store for each company? Are the amount of data stores limited? /C On Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise edition you can have up to 20 stores (max 4 Storage Groups with 5 Stores each). Keeping users from different companies on different stores doesn't really buy you anything unless they're going to have different policies applied to them, or the customer explicitly requests such a setup because of security requirements (such customers will ...