averaging from one sheet to another

I am trying to compile library statistics.  Whenever I
give an instruction session, I pass out forms for the
students to fill out.  They choose a numerical value (1-5)
to describe their proficiency in several different
areas.    I need to have a form where I input the data so
that the data is automatically averaged with all the other
data from all the other students. I suppose the average of
all the students would be tallied on a separate page, and
hte original sheet would go blank after each new student's
data was added to the pool of all the students' data.
Does this make sense, and can anyone e-mail me with
suggestions?

Thanks
0
theldt (1)

Seems you can have a worksheet with column 'dates' for the course your
teaching and insert the 'ratings under it - the rows could be what they're
being rated in.  You could use an 'average for the total and then use another
cell under the spreadsheet area that takes the total averages from each
column and 'averages those cells' .  That would give you a running average
PER CLASS as well as a running average of all students.  Seems like you could
do it all on one sheet if you wanted - depending on how many students you
teach.

"Todd" wrote:

> I am trying to compile library statistics.  Whenever I
> give an instruction session, I pass out forms for the
> students to fill out.  They choose a numerical value (1-5)
> to describe their proficiency in several different
> areas.    I need to have a form where I input the data so
> that the data is automatically averaged with all the other
> data from all the other students. I suppose the average of
> all the students would be tallied on a separate page, and
> hte original sheet would go blank after each new student's
> data was added to the pool of all the students' data.
> Does this make sense, and can anyone e-mail me with
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks

0
Fran (36)
11/14/2004 9:05:01 PM
well yes, i just like to have mirrored data on separate sheets.  it'l
do fine both ways

--
medicenpringle

medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27814

Another UpdateAllViews doesnt work problem. #2
Hi, fairly simple, I cant get this UpdateAllViews to work, the OnUpdate function never gets called. heres the code im using: void CChild1::OnBnClickedButton1() { CMDITestingDoc* pDoc = (CMDITestingDoc*)this->GetDocument(); if (pDoc->CMyData.GetData() == 1) pDoc->CMyData.SetData(0); else pDoc->CMyData.SetData(1); ASSERT_VALID(pDoc); pDoc->UpdateAllViews(NULL); } void CChild2::OnUpdate(CView* pSender,LPARAM lHint,CObject* pHint) { CMDITestingDoc* pDoc = (CMDITestingDoc*)this->GetDocument(); CWnd* pEdit = this->GetDlgItem(IDC_EDIT1); char buffer[10]; int value =...

transferring data from HQ to another
A company using 2 HQ, one for merchandizing purpose and the other for ticketing. Now the company has decided that they will use 1 HQ for both purposes ( ticketing and merchandizing ). How can i put the data in one database ??-- -- Ali ...

Duplicate Messages from one user
Anyone know of any common issues with why when one user sends mail that the recipients would get two of the same mails? The mails have different message thread ID's and this happens randomly. I've checked the Exchange settings to see if certain mail for certain people is set to forward and things look fine. Just not sure of why this one user's mail would be hitting people's inbox multiple times. Thanks, Dan What e-mail client, and which protocol (MAPI, SMTP) are they using to send? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!&qu...

Sheet codename not working
Hi, XP and Excel2003. What might be the reason why this is not working (Sheet2 is codename): Sheet2.Select I have tried all possibilities that I can imaging, but no. I have another file and selecting sheet with code name (Sheet4.Select) funtions just fine. Now using code: Workbooks.Open Filename:=Doc2 ActiveWorkbook.Sheet2.Select Opens Doc2 excel file just fine, but does not open the sheet. Thanks in advance MakeLei Use the index number instead. Activeworkbook.Sheets(2).select OR the sheetname itself Activeworkbook.Sheets("Sheetname").select ...

Reference to another worksheet cell in a sumproduct formula
I want to do a what if analysis for the caculation below. Is there a way to use a cell reference to another worksheets in the same workbook for the variables in the formula below ( ie. 0,500000,1000000, etc and ..0.01;-0.001;-0.0002 etc.) =SUMPRODUCT(--(C5>{0;500000;1000000;2500000;10000000}),C5-{0;500000;1000000;2500000;10000000},{0.01;-0.001;-0.0002;-0.005;-0.001})/365 Thus the formula would read something like this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(C5>{0;worksheet1 $c$1;worksheet1 $c$2;worksheet1 $c$3;worksheet1 $c$4}),C5-{worksheet1 $c$1;worksheet1 $c$2;worksheet1 $c$3;worksheet1 ...

How can I get several graphs on one Excel page?
I'm trying to get four graphs of equal size on one page of Excel. I want them to display in the four quarters of the page. When I try to make the second graph match the first one, it comes out tiny with a big space around. Resizing them is then subject to hit-and-miss. Is there any way to get this to happen neatly and automatically? Thanks. I assume you're placing the charts onto a worksheet. You can line the charts up with the cell boundaries if you hole ALT while moving and resizing the charts. If you think ahead, you should make the first chart, and get it all formatted the...

VBA Copy Range of cells with a condition to another worksheet
Hello, I'm a beginner to Excel VBA so any suggestions would be very help. Here's the scope. I have a worksheet that consists of 3 columns of data. 1 column has a formula (with a value) and the other 2 columns have values only. In the rows, not all cells have data so I wish to omit those rows from the copy process. I would like to copy the values from worksheet1 to worksheet 2 where all 3 rows have values omitting the rows that have null values. Example: Dept Account Amount ===================== 0000 10001 500 0000 30002 ...

Addresslist from another domain
Hi, I have two windows 2003 Active Directory domains DomainA.local and DomainB.local. Both domains contain only one domain controller with Exchange 2003 SP2 installed. I would like to have address lists from both domains to be availabe for Outlook 2003 users in both domains. Could someone please point me into the right direction how to set this up? I've tried setting up a Trust between both domains, installing a Active Directory Connector, and some other options I found on Google, but I'm missing the overall technique. Who can help me out? TIA, Wouter http://pointbridge.com/down...

Excel hyperlink to another Excel file
I created a hyperlink in A Excel file to B Excel file. It referenced a bookmark in B. It worked when I tried it before I closed it and it worked. When I opened A again and clicked the hyperlink, it said "The address of the site is not valid...Check the address and try again." My guess would be that you need to open B Excel file, too Carole O "Frustrated Engineer" wrote: > I created a hyperlink in A Excel file to B Excel file. It referenced a > bookmark in B. It worked when I tried it before I closed it and it worked. > When I opened A again and cli...

The Aarow keys move the entire sheet instead of to the next cell
Occasionaly, when working is an Excell spread sheet, the Aarow keys will change function - Instead of moving to a different cell, they move the entire sheet. I assume that there is a toggle somehow to change this, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet and end up using the curser. Do you see "SCRL" in the bottom right corner of the Excel window? That means the Scroll Lock key has been pressed. Press it again and the funky behavior should stop. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech....

Scheduling one task that is dependent on another
I have a task one has an estimated duration of 60 days. I want it to begin task one 90 days prior to task two and task two cannot proceed until task one is complete. Is there any way to reflect this scenario in project? No. What you have there is a circular reference. Task 2 can't start until Task 1 finishes but Task 1 can't start until before task 2 starts which in turn is dependant on Task 1 which in turn...... What is the constraint? If management or customer say task 2 needs to start on a specific date, then task1 Starts 90d before task 2 starts. This is no probl...

copy a from a cell to another with desired format
hi all i need to make this copy.. aWS.Range("L80").Value = aWS.Range("J80").Value but with format with 4 decimals... can anybody help ? tx! paolo Assuming you want numeric: aWS.Range("L80").Value = aWS.Range("J80").Value aWS.Range("L80").NumberFormat = CDbl("#,##0.0000") But Excel will clip all zeros on the right of any digit of value. "pls123" <pls123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D648189E-8645-4555-B37E-1ED62643B1F6@microsoft.com... > hi all i need to make this copy.. &...

One fund's price won't update
I have about 20 funds that update daily with price changes. However, I have one fund that I had money in (PGSGX) and then sold off completely and just recently reinvested money in it. Now when I run the daily update for prices, that particular fund won't update - I have to enter the price manually each day. Any idea why that would be or how to fix it? Thanks, Mark Are you sure the box next to this fund's name is checked in the "funds to update" list? "ATHiker95" <mholmes@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138207778.489858.231930@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups....

Protected sheet
I have a password protected workbook with multiple cells unlocked for users to fill in data. Rather than sending a workbook with multiple copies of the same sheet (one for each month of the year) is there an easy way the user can quickly delete the contents of the unlocked cells without clicking on each cell, or using ctrl click? I am not experienced at all with macros - but I have a feeling one would be involved. What would be the steps involved. Well, I'm outa here for the weekend, talk to youse guys Monday! Ya'll have a great weekent BTW - Thanks for all the past help - you&#...

Import only a specific column from another excel file
Hi all and thank for this wonderfull site! I succeed to import an entire sheet, using Data->Existing connections and choosing the excel file and a specific sheet, but I'm interested only in a specific column. What should I do? thanks, Shay Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET MaskedTextBox Custom Control http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/39a071cd-9f96-4e81-9346-4e445181d645/aspnet-maskedtextbox-custom-control.aspx In the specific sheet to import, name a range to import. i.e. give the column a name, save, close then go through the data&...

Copy from one workbook to another failing
I have copied this code pretty much entirely from another post but it throws up Run time error 9 subscript out of range'. Can anyone help? Thanks Public Sub ImportData() Dim myFilename As Variant Dim importbook As Workbook Dim mainbook As Workbook MsgBox "Please select the Do Not Trace workbook you wish to import." myFilename = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls") 'launches prompt to select import file Set mainbook = ActiveWorkbook Set importbook = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=myFilename) 'sets variable to be workbook...

Here one of the best hyperlinks for free Excel-AddIns.
Hello Here one of the best hyperlinks for free Excel-AddIns. One can use many of this AddIns in all languages. The Addins are self-explanatory because they use icon buttons instead of text menus. You can read the homepage in English, German or French . Every AddIn has a screenshot. A lot of fun with it tests http://www.excel-addins.de/ G.Kessler ...

Showing records in a report on one line
I have a subreport that lists peoples names. However the standard format is like this; Name1 Name2 Name3 Name4 etc etc with each record on a different line. Is there any way to list the names from the records like this; Name1, Name2, Name3, Name4 etc etc Thanks for your help Tony On Aug 21, 7:28 am, "Tony Williams" <t...@invalid.com> wrote: > I have a subreport that lists peoples names. However the standard format is > like this; > Name1 > Name2 > Name3 > Name4 > etc etc > with each record on a different line. > Is there any way to list the name...

work sheet names
Is there a way to make the tab with the worksheet names different colors? Most of my workbooks have many sheets, having each one a different color would make picking the correct one much easier. Hi if you have Excel 2002+ just right click on the tab name and choose 'color'. Prior versions: no chance -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany carrera wrote: > Is there a way to make the tab with the worksheet names different > colors? Most of my workbooks have many sheets, having each one a > different color would make picking the correct one much easier. Only in XL2002 ...

transfering data between sheets
I need a formula that says something to the effect of: IF the value in H=1 THEN transfer said row to sheet 2 IF the value in H=2 THEN transfer said row to sheet 3 etc. I need all the information in the row to transfer, and have no idea how to do it. More info needed but a macro like with sheets("sheet2") lr=.cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row+1 rows(range("h1")).copy .cells(lr,1) end with -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Parker Jones" <ParkerJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:566197...

Monthly year to date average
I have scores for given records for a particular date: 3/15/07 67 4/1/07 43 1/15/07 56 I would like to be able to average these scores by month, but have a running total: January 56 February 56 March 61.5 (average 56 & 67) April 55.3 (average 56, 67, and 43) I think I need to use a DAvg function, but it isn't working yet. *IF* you have only ONE record per month, you can try: SELECT a.date, LAST(a.qty), AVG(b.qty) FROM tableName As a INNER JOIN tableName As b ON a.date >= b.date GROUP BY a.date that would give: 1/15/2007 56 56 3/15/2007 67 61.5 4...

Excel 2007
I just upgraded to Office 2007 and am interested in formatting my chart to the fullest. How can I make 1 chart with several types of data. I have 8 points of data, and want to show the data in 1 chart in the following format: - 1 & 2 as a stacked column - 3 & 4 as another stacked column - 5 & 6 as stacked line - 7 as a separate column - 8 as a line I am having trouble forcing Excel to make these separate settings in one chart. Does anyone know how to do this. By the way, I know that this may be a busy chart. :-) Thanks! Mike ...

Sheets Skip Macro
Hello I have a lot of sheets in an excel workbook and a front summary sheet where i have a vlookup formula that i would like to copy across to the right however each column needs to change the formula to pick up the data in the different sheets. Does anyone know a macro that will help me so that each column copied across looks up in the next sheet. Eg. 5 sheets - Daniel, Mark, Byran, Hugh & Paul on the summary page i need it to go =VLOOKUP(ref,Daniel!F2:F17,col,false) then =VLOOKUP(ref,Mark!F2:F17,col,false) then =VLOOKUP(ref,Byran!F2:F17,col,false) then =VLOOKUP(ref,Hugh!F2:F17,c...

Can you add a Tab Control on the page of another tab control?
I have I would like to add a tab control in the page of another tab control. I when I run the form the internal tab control works fine but the control is visible on other pages. I have had this problem before of controls being visible on other pages. I have fixed the problem by deleting and recreating the control , but I do not really know how I fixed it. Avid Fan wrote: > I have I would like to add a tab control in the page of another tab > control. I when I run the form the internal tab control works fine but > the control is visible on other pages. > >...

Alternate row colouring that also works when sheet is filtered?
I usually use the common conditional formatting code to produce alternate row colouring: =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 This doesn't work when the sheet is filtered. i.e., in a worksheet where we filter by a YES/NO column so that just the YES rows show up, the row colouring is no longer alternating. It retains the colour from its pre-filtered state so that we gets clumps of colour together. No good. How can we get alternate row colouring even on filtered worksheets, pls? =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 09:33:34 -0700 (PDT), StargateFanNotAtHome@mailin...