Average Question Again

I am trying to average a column of numbers on Control Group 1 say I1 t
I300.  Some cells are empty. I am using sheet 1 to do my averaging. Fo
what ever reason I keep getting error messages.  I am not sure why i
won't calculate.  Formating is set to number. I have tried severa
suggestions from a previous post.
I am open to any and all suggestions.

Please Help ASAP!!!!

Thank You In Advance
Mik

--
mikeee
mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461

hi,
what formula are you using now?
Regards
Frank

Group 1 say I1 to
>I300.  Some cells are empty. I am using sheet 1 to do my
averaging. For
>what ever reason I keep getting error messages.  I am not
sure why it
>won't calculate.  Formating is set to number. I have
tried several

--------------
>mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=14617
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

probably a simple question but...
I have an Excel 2000 document that basically sums up individual category sales and calculates percent of total sales for each of location of our company. What I'm wondering is, can I put one of these on sheet one of a document, another on sheet two of the same document, and then create one on sheet 3 that adds from sheets 1 & 2 to give me a total for the entire company? And if so, then what would the basic functions look like? And does anyone have a good web reference for learning more complicated features of Excel (I'm just a beginner)? Matt wrote... >I have an Exc...

Simple question on Queries, but unable to solve it
I have all the fixed expenses of my office recorded in one table: Table 1: CostCenters CostCenterCode AnnualBudget In another table, I allocate the costs according to several keys expressed as % Table 2: Allocation keys CostCenterOrigin CostCenterDestination Key Say for example that cost center "3" will work for cost center "7" 30% of its time. In this case the record in table 2 would show: 3 7 30 Knowing that not all cost centers provide services (not all couples of cost centers exist in table 2), and that some others do not work 100% of their...

Simple question, how to do XPath search by XmlDocument with namesp
For a XML fragment like below <ns0:BusCar_Request xmlns:ns0="http://BTSDG_SQL"> <ns0:sync> <ns0:after> <ns0:BusinessCards NameOnCard="NameOnCard_1" TitleOnCard="TitleOnCard_1" Quantity="10" /> <ns0:BusinessCards NameOnCard="NameOnCard_2" TitleOnCard="TitleOnCard_2" Quantity="10" /> <ns0:BusinessCards NameOnCard="NameOnCard_3" TitleOnCard="TitleOnCard_3" Quantity="10" /> </ns0:after> </ns0:sync> </ns0:BusCar_Reque...

SQL and CRM license question
Quick question - In order for a user to access MS CRM do you need to have a SQL User CAL license and CRM user CAL license? Thanks Yes, the CRM user also needs license for SQL Server access. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://spaces.msn.com/microsoft-crm/ "J-Boy" wrote: > Quick question - In order for a user to access MS CRM do you need to have a > SQL User CAL license and CRM user CAL license? > > Thanks ...

Question abotu IE8
IN the older versions of IE you could look at your temp Internet files and you could see the websites and the images that were on the websites that you had visited. Now when I view files all I see are the cookies.. are we no longer able to see the websites and images that were on the pages that we visited? Thanks and Merry Christmas Shep wrote: > IN the older versions of IE you could look at your temp Internet files and > you could see the websites and the images that were on the websites that you > had visited. Now when I view files all I see are the cook...

Microsoft Exchange NDR about large number of attachments question
Hi, I am getting a message: "This message has been rejected by the Exchange organization to which it was sent, because the message contains either a large number of attachments or because there are too many nested attachments. To solve this problem, reduce the number of attachments or nested attachments, and resend the message. <myserver.x.x 5.6.3>" How can I change it so that I do not get this message? I am on the receiving side. I do not know how many attachments the message had, but I know it was not a tremendous amount. It is a daily message I used to receive on 2000 s...

newb question
Hi all, new Outlook 2003 user here with a problem. Here's the issue: I have 2 email accounts in my life, a hotmail account, and my work email account. I've set them both up as seperate email accounts in Outlook, and both work just fine. But here's the rub: In order to connect to my work email account (which is set-up as an exchange server email account) I have to first connect using VPN software on my PC. I only really want to check my work email once or twice a month, so therefore I don't want to fire-up my VPN software every time I open Outlook. My hotmail, on the other...

Question about aliases
Hello everyone. I have just inherited an Exchange 2000 box and I have some questions. An employee has just quit and we would like to have the email coming in for that employee sent to several other accounts. I was thinking about PSTing the user's mail, removing his account, and then creating an alias... But how can I have mail coming to one user be redirected to several others? Also, a "contact group" was created, and I want to put someone in it who has an email address outside of our domain. I can create a domain account for this user, but how do I create something ...

Sorry about repetition of the question
Sorry bout the 2 extra posts .. that happened bcoz an error dialog showed up telling me that there was a problem in posting my question .. the last try was successful ..anyways sorry once again .. ...

ADC Setup Question
Ehlo there; I am setting up ADC to the following kind of environment: -Exchange 5.5: one org, 5 sites (lets call them US, UK, France, Canada, Germany). Connectors set up "star -like" with US being in the middle (foreign sites are real small ones). -AD (2003): one forest, several domains. One domain per country, i.e. US, UK, France, Canada, Germany. No special business requirements. Email just needs to work (GALs keep updated etc). We expect to spend some time with ADC as it looks like we won't be able migrate the foreign sites to E2003 very soon. My question: is it enoug...

Excel Questions
Last night I was building a spreadsheet to track a project I'm working on. I'm writing a book, in fact, and I wanted to track progress by date and by chapter, with a few extra columns for things like total words written. It turned out to be fairly large, by my standards, some 30 columns by 200 rows. My first problem came with the totals column. I wanted to put the sum of columns E to Y in the Z column. Excel flagged an error every time, wanting to add columns C and D to the sum. Since C contained the date and D some other information, I was sure I didn't want them, but cou...

Replication question.
Microsoft.public.exchange.admin Hi, E2K SP3. I am following Ed Crowley's Exchange 2000 Move Server Method. My only questions so far are: - The server that is going to be removed from the domain - is it necessary to remove it from the list of replication targets on the other servers or will it be removed automagically? - The instructions say to recreate any connectors on the new server. I have an SMTP connector and don't see any way to recreate it elsewhere. Thanks, Peter On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:22:03 +0700, Peter Kaufman <peterkhub-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote: >Microsoft.pub...

Remote delivery question
We have an Exchange 2000 server in our Windows 2000 domain. I just finished deleting 10 gazillion files out of my badmail directory. I'm looking around in Exchange admin and I noticed that under Protocols>>>SMTP>>>Default SMTP Virtual Server>>>Queues I have a bunch of "company name.com" listed followed by the words (Remote Delivery). Is our server being used as a delivery system for other companies? I've checked relay restrictions and it is set to "Only the list below" with nothing in the list. The Allow all computers authentic...

How to ignore hidden columns in an "Average" formula?
If an "average" formula includes multiple columns, and those columns change each month by hiding old months (at end) and adding new months (at beginning) what can be done, by macro or in formula) to ignore the hidden columns? Try this if you can use 101 in your Excel version =SUBTOTAL(101,A1:C1) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "DotK" <DotK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6F36A22-BDE4-4836-98AE-028A616A9300@microsoft.com... > If an "average" formula includes multiple columns, and thos...

PivotTable question
When you are changing the field settings for a page field, you have the option of changing how subtotals are done - count instead of sum for example. But I do not see this making any difference in how the tabl;e is displayed. -- Peter Aitken Remove the crap from my email address before using. You won't see the selected subtotals unless you move the page field to the row or column area. Peter Aitken wrote: > When you are changing the field settings for a page field, you have the > option of changing how subtotals are done - count instead of sum for > example. But I do...

Chart Question #4
Have the Y axis scale start from 10 > 0 instead of 0 > 10. Is that possible? Hi Joseph, Double click the y axis and on the Scale tab check both Values in reverse order and Category (X) axis crosses at maximum Cheers Andy Joseph Thompson wrote: > Have the Y axis scale start from 10 > 0 instead of 0 > 10. Is that possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

ASP function question.
I hope I'm in the right spot. Our developer moved this week and we have a small problem. We have an app that uses asp pages to update a database. They work fine and there is no problem there. What we now need to do is to place the return value from one of these asp functions in an htm page. So I guess I have two questions: 1) how do we include the reference to the asp page in our html page? We've tried this: <!--#include file="path to file/our-asp-file.asp"-->. That doesn't seem to work, 2) How to call the function from an htm page. I suppose that it ...

hide show question
I have names in col A that go from row 1 to row 1000 I then place data(numbers) in col B that corresponds with the name in col A. Once done I show ONLY the rows that have new data(filter)and use the SPEAK function to read the data back to me. Here is the tough part. On subsequent weeks I enter data in col B again and I want to be able to apply the SPEAK function BUT ONLY to the LAST set of inputted data. aDoes anyone have a good way to implement htis Thanks Hi, It sounds like you need to add a date column to your data so you can filter on that. -- If this helps, please click the Yes...

2 Macro Questions
If I assign a macro to a forms button on the sheet if I copy the book and load it on my friends computer do the macros go with them. Can a macro button be assign to a cell so when clicked it will print (72,8) from that cell, and what formula would I need? -- Thanks in advance for your help....Bob Vance .. .. .. .. Hi Bob 1. Yes, the macro code is copied as well 2. You can add some code to the Doubleclick event of your button. I'm not so sure what you mean with 'print'? Insert a value in a specific cell. If yes, try the following code: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Me...

Average various variable ranges
Hi, I posted this question before, but I cannot find the thread of it anywhere, so I am posting it again. If it is duplicated, please forgive me. I have 90 000 rows of data that is in the following format: CW001P01-SH-C: Time Duration Partition Utilization % 20/03/2010 23:56 900 86.3521441 21/03/2010 00:11 901 86.35425916 21/03/2010 00:26 899 86.35738494 21/03/2010 00:41 902 86.3596435 21/03/2010 00:56 901 86.36061494 21/03/2010 01:11 901 86.33145463 21/03/2010 01:26 912 86.33382161 CW001P12-SH-F: Time Duration Partition Utilization % 20/03/2010 23:56 900 2.55062256 21/03/...

algorithm question
Hi All, I would like to know how to accomplish the following: First, I would give an example of MFC. Let's take the CreateButton styles. So, if some one wants to create a Button they can do a bitwise 'OR' of different styles like BS_BOTTOM | BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON | BS_LEFT etc. Let's say each of the button styles is assigned a long value like so: enum { BS_BOTTOM 0x00000001L BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON 0x00000002L BS_LEFT 0x00000004L . . . . }ButtonStyles; So when a user creates the above button, how is it handled in the microsoft source code? Obviuosly we cannot have an ...

Another Question on Subforms
In older versions of Access, if you created a record in the subform, it automatically created a record in the main form. I have a form for partial payment plans in which most of the fields in the main form are defaulted to the values I want (such as the exhibitor ID from the order I'm calling from, the current date, etc.). This form then has a subform where the actual schedule of payments is stored that contains fields for payment plan ID, payment amount, and the date the payment is due. In older versions of Access, I could call this form from an order, enter the payment s...

Conditional Formatting question #10
I have to color code several cells depending whether they are on target or not. Ex. 100% of Target = Green 90-100% of Target = Yellow <90% of target = Red Any help would be much appreciated. James ...

Reinstall question-Headquarters Client
I did the reinstall and have everything working, but I am unable to find the install for the Headquarters client. Is it on another disk other than the RMS store Operations 2.0 disc? It's on the Headquarters disk, not the Store Operations. "akpetshop" <akpetshop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26962810-B2BF-49F1-BC95-439EF3056319@microsoft.com... >I did the reinstall and have everything working, but I am unable to find >the > install for the Headquarters client. Is it on another disk other than the > RMS > store Operations 2....

averaging data in multiple columns
I'm looking for a formula to lookup criteria in column A and average the results in columns B, C, D, E, etc. For example I would like to know the average of how many "CATS" have been sold in a given year and I will be adding addtional months as time progresses and do not want to have to adjust my range or formula each time a new months worth of data is added. For example. column A column B column C column D column E DOGS 100 200 150 50 CATS 200 300 100 0 FISH 50 ...