average if zero #3

I'm looking for a formula similar to the following, but one that works.

=average(if((A1:A4="Jones")+(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))

Column A represent sales rep column, and I want to see the average sales for 
all cells that have data entered in column C.

I've tried the ctrl+shift+enter, but it's still averaging with zeros, so 
something is wrong with my formula.

Thank you.
-- 
Lori
0
4/4/2005 2:59:02 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

8 Replies
638 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 55

substitute * for +
 =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")*(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
HTH,
Gary Brown


"Lori Hornick" wrote:

> I'm looking for a formula similar to the following, but one that works.
> 
> =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")+(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> 
> Column A represent sales rep column, and I want to see the average sales for 
> all cells that have data entered in column C.
> 
> I've tried the ctrl+shift+enter, but it's still averaging with zeros, so 
> something is wrong with my formula.
> 
> Thank you.
> -- 
> Lori
0
GaryBrown (90)
4/4/2005 5:19:05 PM
I've swapped out * for + but the zeros are still being calculated in and 
reducing the average I need to see.

"Gary Brown" wrote:

> substitute * for +
>  =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")*(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> HTH,
> Gary Brown
> 
> 
> "Lori Hornick" wrote:
> 
> > I'm looking for a formula similar to the following, but one that works.
> > 
> > =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")+(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> > 
> > Column A represent sales rep column, and I want to see the average sales for 
> > all cells that have data entered in column C.
> > 
> > I've tried the ctrl+shift+enter, but it's still averaging with zeros, so 
> > something is wrong with my formula.
> > 
> > Thank you.
> > -- 
> > Lori
0
4/4/2005 6:17:04 PM
Did you remember to make it an array (ctrl-shift-enter)?
I tested it.  It works.
HTH,
Gary Brown


"Lori Hornick" wrote:

> I've swapped out * for + but the zeros are still being calculated in and 
> reducing the average I need to see.
> 
> "Gary Brown" wrote:
> 
> > substitute * for +
> >  =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")*(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> > HTH,
> > Gary Brown
> > 
> > 
> > "Lori Hornick" wrote:
> > 
> > > I'm looking for a formula similar to the following, but one that works.
> > > 
> > > =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")+(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> > > 
> > > Column A represent sales rep column, and I want to see the average sales for 
> > > all cells that have data entered in column C.
> > > 
> > > I've tried the ctrl+shift+enter, but it's still averaging with zeros, so 
> > > something is wrong with my formula.
> > > 
> > > Thank you.
> > > -- 
> > > Lori
0
GaryBrown (90)
4/5/2005 2:25:05 AM
Yes, if I don't use array, I receive #DIV/0!
If I do use array, it results in an average including zeros.  Sigh!!!

I've just thrown together a baby spreadsheet that looks like this:

                 B               C

4            PW           20%
5            JC            30%
6            PW            0%

=AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")+(C4:C6>"0"),C4:C6))

The result is 10%, not 20%


"Gary Brown" wrote:

> Did you remember to make it an array (ctrl-shift-enter)?
> I tested it.  It works.
> HTH,
> Gary Brown
> 
> 
> "Lori Hornick" wrote:
> 
> > I've swapped out * for + but the zeros are still being calculated in and 
> > reducing the average I need to see.
> > 
> > "Gary Brown" wrote:
> > 
> > > substitute * for +
> > >  =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")*(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> > > HTH,
> > > Gary Brown
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Lori Hornick" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > I'm looking for a formula similar to the following, but one that works.
> > > > 
> > > > =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")+(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> > > > 
> > > > Column A represent sales rep column, and I want to see the average sales for 
> > > > all cells that have data entered in column C.
> > > > 
> > > > I've tried the ctrl+shift+enter, but it's still averaging with zeros, so 
> > > > something is wrong with my formula.
> > > > 
> > > > Thank you.
> > > > -- 
> > > > Lori
0
4/5/2005 12:35:07 PM
Lori,

In array formulas, + acts as OR, * acts as AND.  You want AND, so use

=AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>"0"),C4:C6))

And since you are looking at numbers, get rid of the quotes

=AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>0),C4:C6))

And you may also be looking at rounded numbers, so try

=AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>=0.005),C4:C6))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP


"Lori Hornick" <LoriHornick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2979325D-9849-4F82-904B-0D9A701EBAE9@microsoft.com...
> Yes, if I don't use array, I receive #DIV/0!
> If I do use array, it results in an average including zeros.  Sigh!!!
>
> I've just thrown together a baby spreadsheet that looks like this:
>
>                  B               C
>
> 4            PW           20%
> 5            JC            30%
> 6            PW            0%
>
> =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")+(C4:C6>"0"),C4:C6))
>
> The result is 10%, not 20%
>
>
> "Gary Brown" wrote:
>
> > Did you remember to make it an array (ctrl-shift-enter)?
> > I tested it.  It works.
> > HTH,
> > Gary Brown
> >
> >
> > "Lori Hornick" wrote:
> >
> > > I've swapped out * for + but the zeros are still being calculated in
and
> > > reducing the average I need to see.
> > >
> > > "Gary Brown" wrote:
> > >
> > > > substitute * for +
> > > >  =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")*(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> > > > HTH,
> > > > Gary Brown
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Lori Hornick" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > I'm looking for a formula similar to the following, but one that
works.
> > > > >
> > > > > =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")+(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> > > > >
> > > > > Column A represent sales rep column, and I want to see the average
sales for
> > > > > all cells that have data entered in column C.
> > > > >
> > > > > I've tried the ctrl+shift+enter, but it's still averaging with
zeros, so
> > > > > something is wrong with my formula.
> > > > >
> > > > > Thank you.
> > > > > -- 
> > > > > Lori


0
Bernie
4/5/2005 1:17:37 PM
This is perfect; it did the trick.  Thanks for all the help and the 
distinction between * and + and the ""

Knowing this made all the difference.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

> 
> Lori,
> 
> In array formulas, + acts as OR, * acts as AND.  You want AND, so use
> 
> =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>"0"),C4:C6))
> 
> And since you are looking at numbers, get rid of the quotes
> 
> =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>0),C4:C6))
> 
> And you may also be looking at rounded numbers, so try
> 
> =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>=0.005),C4:C6))
> 
> HTH,
> Bernie
> MS Excel MVP
> 
> 
> "Lori Hornick" <LoriHornick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2979325D-9849-4F82-904B-0D9A701EBAE9@microsoft.com...
> > Yes, if I don't use array, I receive #DIV/0!
> > If I do use array, it results in an average including zeros.  Sigh!!!
> >
> > I've just thrown together a baby spreadsheet that looks like this:
> >
> >                  B               C
> >
> > 4            PW           20%
> > 5            JC            30%
> > 6            PW            0%
> >
> > =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")+(C4:C6>"0"),C4:C6))
> >
> > The result is 10%, not 20%
> >
> >
> > "Gary Brown" wrote:
> >
> > > Did you remember to make it an array (ctrl-shift-enter)?
> > > I tested it.  It works.
> > > HTH,
> > > Gary Brown
> > >
> > >
> > > "Lori Hornick" wrote:
> > >
> > > > I've swapped out * for + but the zeros are still being calculated in
> and
> > > > reducing the average I need to see.
> > > >
> > > > "Gary Brown" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > substitute * for +
> > > > >  =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")*(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> > > > > HTH,
> > > > > Gary Brown
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > "Lori Hornick" wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > I'm looking for a formula similar to the following, but one that
> works.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")+(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Column A represent sales rep column, and I want to see the average
> sales for
> > > > > > all cells that have data entered in column C.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I've tried the ctrl+shift+enter, but it's still averaging with
> zeros, so
> > > > > > something is wrong with my formula.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Thank you.
> > > > > > -- 
> > > > > > Lori
> 
> 
> 
0
4/5/2005 1:33:03 PM
Lori,

Glad to hear it worked, but in my first post, I used

=AVERAGE(IF((A1:A4="Jones")*(C1:C4>0),C1:C4))

which is essentially identical to

=AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>0),C4:C6))

What made the difference?

Bernie
MS Excel MVP


"Lori Hornick" <LoriHornick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B5470C54-6A1A-4A06-B175-E8D92176E58D@microsoft.com...
> This is perfect; it did the trick.  Thanks for all the help and the
> distinction between * and + and the ""
>
> Knowing this made all the difference.
>
> "Bernie Deitrick" wrote:
>
> >
> > Lori,
> >
> > In array formulas, + acts as OR, * acts as AND.  You want AND, so use
> >
> > =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>"0"),C4:C6))
> >
> > And since you are looking at numbers, get rid of the quotes
> >
> > =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>0),C4:C6))
> >
> > And you may also be looking at rounded numbers, so try
> >
> > =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>=0.005),C4:C6))
> >
> > HTH,
> > Bernie
> > MS Excel MVP
> >
> >
> > "Lori Hornick" <LoriHornick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:2979325D-9849-4F82-904B-0D9A701EBAE9@microsoft.com...
> > > Yes, if I don't use array, I receive #DIV/0!
> > > If I do use array, it results in an average including zeros.  Sigh!!!
> > >
> > > I've just thrown together a baby spreadsheet that looks like this:
> > >
> > >                  B               C
> > >
> > > 4            PW           20%
> > > 5            JC            30%
> > > 6            PW            0%
> > >
> > > =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")+(C4:C6>"0"),C4:C6))
> > >
> > > The result is 10%, not 20%
> > >
> > >
> > > "Gary Brown" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Did you remember to make it an array (ctrl-shift-enter)?
> > > > I tested it.  It works.
> > > > HTH,
> > > > Gary Brown
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Lori Hornick" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > I've swapped out * for + but the zeros are still being calculated
in
> > and
> > > > > reducing the average I need to see.
> > > > >
> > > > > "Gary Brown" wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > substitute * for +
> > > > > >  =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")*(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> > > > > > HTH,
> > > > > > Gary Brown
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > "Lori Hornick" wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > I'm looking for a formula similar to the following, but one
that
> > works.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")+(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Column A represent sales rep column, and I want to see the
average
> > sales for
> > > > > > > all cells that have data entered in column C.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I've tried the ctrl+shift+enter, but it's still averaging with
> > zeros, so
> > > > > > > something is wrong with my formula.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Thank you.
> > > > > > > -- 
> > > > > > > Lori
> >
> >
> >


0
Bernie
4/5/2005 1:59:05 PM
Probably a posting by another person in a duplicate thread indicating that I 
should replace the * with a +.  In that process quotes were inserted 
automatically by Excel (maybe by not using an array command) and remained 
there so when I reverted back to the * Excel didn't read the formula at all.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

> Lori,
> 
> Glad to hear it worked, but in my first post, I used
> 
> =AVERAGE(IF((A1:A4="Jones")*(C1:C4>0),C1:C4))
> 
> which is essentially identical to
> 
> =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>0),C4:C6))
> 
> What made the difference?
> 
> Bernie
> MS Excel MVP
> 
> 
> "Lori Hornick" <LoriHornick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B5470C54-6A1A-4A06-B175-E8D92176E58D@microsoft.com...
> > This is perfect; it did the trick.  Thanks for all the help and the
> > distinction between * and + and the ""
> >
> > Knowing this made all the difference.
> >
> > "Bernie Deitrick" wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > Lori,
> > >
> > > In array formulas, + acts as OR, * acts as AND.  You want AND, so use
> > >
> > > =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>"0"),C4:C6))
> > >
> > > And since you are looking at numbers, get rid of the quotes
> > >
> > > =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>0),C4:C6))
> > >
> > > And you may also be looking at rounded numbers, so try
> > >
> > > =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")*(C4:C6>=0.005),C4:C6))
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > > Bernie
> > > MS Excel MVP
> > >
> > >
> > > "Lori Hornick" <LoriHornick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:2979325D-9849-4F82-904B-0D9A701EBAE9@microsoft.com...
> > > > Yes, if I don't use array, I receive #DIV/0!
> > > > If I do use array, it results in an average including zeros.  Sigh!!!
> > > >
> > > > I've just thrown together a baby spreadsheet that looks like this:
> > > >
> > > >                  B               C
> > > >
> > > > 4            PW           20%
> > > > 5            JC            30%
> > > > 6            PW            0%
> > > >
> > > > =AVERAGE(IF((B4:B6="PW")+(C4:C6>"0"),C4:C6))
> > > >
> > > > The result is 10%, not 20%
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Gary Brown" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Did you remember to make it an array (ctrl-shift-enter)?
> > > > > I tested it.  It works.
> > > > > HTH,
> > > > > Gary Brown
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > "Lori Hornick" wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > I've swapped out * for + but the zeros are still being calculated
> in
> > > and
> > > > > > reducing the average I need to see.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > "Gary Brown" wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > substitute * for +
> > > > > > >  =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")*(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> > > > > > > HTH,
> > > > > > > Gary Brown
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > "Lori Hornick" wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > I'm looking for a formula similar to the following, but one
> that
> > > works.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > =average(if((A1:A4="Jones")+(C1:C4>"0"),C1:C4))
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Column A represent sales rep column, and I want to see the
> average
> > > sales for
> > > > > > > > all cells that have data entered in column C.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > I've tried the ctrl+shift+enter, but it's still averaging with
> > > zeros, so
> > > > > > > > something is wrong with my formula.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Thank you.
> > > > > > > > -- 
> > > > > > > > Lori
> > >
> > >
> > >
> 
> 
> 
0
4/5/2005 2:09:06 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Monthly year to date average
I have scores for given records for a particular date: 3/15/07 67 4/1/07 43 1/15/07 56 I would like to be able to average these scores by month, but have a running total: January 56 February 56 March 61.5 (average 56 & 67) April 55.3 (average 56, 67, and 43) I think I need to use a DAvg function, but it isn't working yet. *IF* you have only ONE record per month, you can try: SELECT a.date, LAST(a.qty), AVG(b.qty) FROM tableName As a INNER JOIN tableName As b ON a.date >= b.date GROUP BY a.date that would give: 1/15/2007 56 56 3/15/2007 67 61.5 4...

how do i do 3 data validations?
If i have a cell C18 with list values "25-51-91","25-51-82","25-51-54" "25-51-55","25-50-23" a cell c19 with list values"0", "1", "E" and cell C8 values "UA 115180-4, UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H, 3DF-A35-11D-G" and when i select C8= UA 115180-4 ,c18 should be "25-51-91" c19 should be 0 when i select UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H c18 shld be 25-51-82,25-51-54,25-51-55 cell c19 value should be 1 when i select 3DF-A35-11D...

Excel to Word #3
I have just completed a userform with tons of fields. Once submitted it places the data into the worksheet. The worksheet itself has 141 columns of different values. Now I need to have some sort of code that fits into a command button from the toolbox on the actual worksheet to transfer data form each row that has data into a word document. Each row has to be it's own paragraph. Is this possible? A short sample of the data layout: Column Headers: ID Description Total Location Date Coats Labor (hrs) 20 Room Painted $500.00 Living Ro...

How to delete rows automatically with values zero out?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet from our ERP system. It is just like this: Part# Quantity Value 013-001 1 $1.00 013-001 -1 $1.00- 013-002 5 $25.00 013-007 3 $120.00 013-007 -3 $120.00- 022-001 12 $17.00 041-009 7 $251.00 041-009 -7 $251.00- 052-061 10 $30.00 How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero out. I don't want them show up on my spr...

lists #3
how do I consolidate two lists into one: List 1 Jan name city a Med b NYC c LA List 2 Feb name city d GA e MIS f LA Consolidated name city a Med b NYC c LA d GA e MIS f LA Thanks Copy the second list and paste it below the first? -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Felipe" <faristiz@uncc.edu> wrote in message news:5a7b01c48178$dfedd1a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > how do I consolidate two lists into one: > > List...

Plotting zero's on graphs
Hi I have a sheet setup as Jan-Dec and underneath are values for each month which are linked to another sheet. In the graph from that data, it plots all the points (jan to dec) because the links show as zero's Is it possible for excel to NOT plot zero's (the links) on the graph ? Thanks in advance Paul You can use an IF formula with NA(). For example: =IF(B2="",NA(),B2) The chart will interpolate over the #N/A errors. To hide these errors, you can use conditional formatting. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Errors Paul Watkins wrote: >...

Average #3
Excell 2003 I'm trying to average times, in minutes, in a single column. The minutes are the result of a formula to find elapsed times (14:10-14:08 etc). There are 1414 cells in the column with entries in about 80% of the cells. In one of the books I have it says Excell will only average 20 numbers. If this is true, how do I average the column? On a relaterd topic, wehn I try to do MAX for the columns I get a number that I know isn't the MAX for that column. I've got the columns formated for times. What am I doin wrong? Thanks, The 'Bonker -- Its better to remain ...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

Installazione CRM 3.0 Ita for SBS su SBS 2003 Eng
Salve, avrei la necessit=E0 di installare su Small Business Server in inglese la versione del CRM 3.0 per SBS in italiano. Vorrei sapere se ci sono problemi di funzionamento considerando la diversa versione del linguaggio. Grazie ...

xy scatter line goes below zero
The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a very steep increase, the line that connects them assumes that there is a dip into negative values before the increase when this is not actually the case. Hi, Have you got the Smooth line option ticked? Cheers Andy jon7 wrote: > The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there > any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a > very steep increase, the line that connect...

the number "3" displays like an exposant
je ne comprend pas pourquoi le chiffre 3 apparait comme un exposant dans mon classeur ...

How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", bet
How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is it a formala I can use? HI Try this =A1&" "&""""&B1&" "&""""&C1, adjust range to your needs HTH John "JOF" <JOF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BD2A42E-BCB9-4504-8454-727E366E25DD@microsoft.com... > How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is > it > a formala I can use? ...

HIDDEN COLUMNS #3
SOMEHOW I'VE HIDDEN COLUMNS A AND B, AND NOW I CAN'T UNHIDE THEM. HELP! Click on the header for column C, highlighting the entire column. Without releasing the mouse, drag until you're over the column of row headers (on my version of Excel, in Office 2003, I see the tool tip change to '3C'). Now you should be able to Format > Column > Unhide. "acp20770" wrote: > SOMEHOW I'VE HIDDEN COLUMNS A AND B, AND NOW I CAN'T UNHIDE THEM. HELP! If you select the sheet then go to window and unhide it will restore the Hidden windows. "acp20770&q...

Pivot Tables show zero balance
Hi - I have a pivot table.... I want to show customers that have an outstanding balance. when i sort by month, i see everything, totals of who paid and who ha not. I want to sort to see only who is outstanding. How do I do this? CURRENT SETUP: Sort by page = date of invoice (by month) Rows = client name, then the tota -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could add a Status column to your data source, and calculate the account status. For example, with customer names in column C and amounts in column H: =IF(SUMIF($C$2:$C$39,C2,$H$2:$H$39)>0,"Outstanding&...

Re: Cannot Insert Object #3
Hi all I'm having trouble inserting a .msg outlook file into an Excel workbook, can anyone please advise as to why I'm getting this error. Many thanks Badger -- BadgerMK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BadgerMK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511014 ...

No Reports in CRM 3.0 Install
Hi everyone, I have been working on installing CRM 3.0 (fresh install) on a Small Business Server and I have been having trouble getting the reporting services to work correctly. I have been able to get the reports section to pull up now but no reports are listed in the grid. All the other functions appear to be working and I can even start to add reports but it puzzles me. Doesn't Microsoft provide sample reports to begin with? Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I get the reports to show up? Surely they gave us standard reports with the program?!?!?! Thanks! on ...

Error installing CRM 3
Trying to install CRM on a development server that has just been rebuilt after disk failure and the install runs through until it attempts to grant permissions on the newly created databases. The CRM install is all on this machine i.e. webserver and sql server are the same box. The error message reads Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated nw Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: ...

Letter Writing Assistant Error #3
When we try and print a letter in the letter writing program we receive a Header Record Delimiters error. It is asking for a field delimiter and a record delimiter. How do we correct this error. This was working correctly a couple weeks ago, and it works correctly on other machine sin the office, any thoughts or suggestions on how to correct this issue? Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? ...

entering numbers that begin with zero
I often enter manufacturer model#'s into my spreadsheet. If they begin with zero Excel automatically the zero. What can I do to change this? On Sep 10, 1:15=A0pm, Shannon <Shan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I often enter manufacturer model#'s into my spreadsheet. =A0If they begin= with > zero Excel automatically the zero. =A0What can I do to change this? You can format the cells to accept leading zero's. From the format cells window, look for custom number formats, then in the Type field type 0000 , with each zero representing the number of digits you w...

CRM 3.0 Workflow Monitor is EMPTY!!!!
Hi, I am using CRM 3.0 Workflow Monitor it is showing me in the Summary that I have lots of active and paused processes 28 active / 199 paused of various entity types. However when I go to view the paused, or active (or ALL for that matter), there is nothing even after numerous refreshes, trying next page stuff. Basically it is showing nothing at all on any screen or any tab except Process/Summary. I think something is very BROKEN here. Any help would be appreciated. I have changed the WF Service to be logged in as Administrator and Administrator is part of PrivUserGroup and SQLAc...

Calculating averages
I have 5 cells that I am trying to average, but I only want to average those cells that contain data. Using the if statement I was able to get two cells to work, but when I tried a nested if statement I was unable to get it to work if there was only 1, 2, or 3 cells with data in them. What do I need to do to resolve this? Thanks in advance. =SUM(A1:A5)/COUNT(A1:A5) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Carl Johnson" <bjohnson@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:hwM4b.25285$l41.7213466@twister.neo.rr.com... > I have 5 cells that I am trying to average, but I only want to average...

Drop down list #3
Is there a command whereby I can create a drop down list in a cell? Data|Validation is pretty easy to use. Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Hrider wrote: > > Is there a command whereby I can create a drop down list in a cell? -- Dave Peterson ...

Anyone know PBDA Spec 1.3.1 Part 3 License Package Hash Algorithm
I studing Protected Broadcast Driver Architecture (PBDA 1.3.1) Part 3 : WMDRM on PBDA. Who know section 3.14.3 "License Package" License_package_hash uses what hash algorithm ? ...

Winmail.dat #3
I have 5 exchange 2003 servers (combination Standard and Enterprise) and until recently everything had been running fine. Just recently users in the US started getting winmail.dat attachments when our users from Malaysia attach a file to an email. Most users should be using Outlook 2000/xp/2003. Any ideas? Please let me know if you need more info In news:2707A015-E765-4937-A581-2978AF13FDA4@microsoft.com, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have 5 exchange 2003 servers (combination Standard and Enterprise) > and until recently everything had been running fine. Just ...

Row Height #3
I'm working on this spreadsheet and we are constantly adding more information to these cells in a certain column. After a while when there is a lot of text added into the cell, it begins to not continue wordwrap-ing it anymore, and cuts it off, as well as when choosing AutoFit for cell height, it won't go any bigger than 171.00. Is there anyway to change those settings? If you add alt-enters to force a new line within the cell, then you'll be able to see more text in that cell and the wordwrap should come back. Try adding them every 80-100 characters. Chantel wrote: > &g...