Automatically outline all email addresses in a given text by putting them in red-bold

Hi,

I often treat raw texts and need to quickly visialize the paragraph
containg email addresses. It takes me a great deal of working time t
manually click red-bold on each email address I see in a text and it i
not rare that I omit some addresses.

Is there a simple function (like replace all *@* with *@* red-bold) i
Excel or Word that I can use to automatize the process?

Thanx in advanc

--
frenchbo
frenchbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2927

Modified from the help index for FindNext

Sub findandbold()
With Range("k1:k500")
    Set c = .Find("@", LookIn:=xlValues)
    If Not c Is Nothing Then
        firstAddress = c.Address
        Do
    With c.Font
           .ColorIndex = 3
           .Bold = True
    End With
            Set c = .FindNext(c)
        Loop While Not c Is Nothing And c.Address <> firstAddress
    End If
End With

End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

> Hi,
>
> I often treat raw texts and need to quickly visialize the paragraphs
> containg email addresses. It takes me a great deal of working time to
> manually click red-bold on each email address I see in a text and it is
> not rare that I omit some addresses.
>
> Is there a simple function (like replace all *@* with *@* red-bold) in
> Excel or Word that I can use to automatize the process?
>
> Thanx in advance
>

> --
> frenchbox
> frenchbox's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29271
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496048

0
Don

Outlook 2003 cached mode
We seem to be getting more cases of people not being able to receive new email whilst in Cached mode (2003 SP2). Usually deleting the .ost file will work but only temporary. I heard that it could be a corrupt message in the mailbox which could cause this but moving %50 of a users mailbox to a non-synching folder isn't very practical especially if we are getting this problem several times a day. Can anybody offer any other ways to fix? How big are those MB's? I've seen similar instances where large MBs 1GB+ would cause similar behavior. James Chong camnuck@yahoo.com wrote: ...

Object behind text in cells?
Hi, How do you make a picture show up BEHIND the text in cells in Excel 2007? I see a "send to back" command that works with multiple objects, but it's grayed out if there is only one picture. I want the picture to show up behind the words (so you can still read the words). Any ideas? -- Thanks, PTweety Hi I dont use 2007 but in Excel 2000 you can insert a comment box and format it to have a picture in it then fill your comment box with text. You can then adjust you box size to whatever you want. John "pickytweety" wrote: > Hi, >...

Changed mail format from HTML to text only

Email to multiple boxes
I need to send an email to Support@domain.com and have it reach multiple people... what's the best way to do this? configure a distribution list/group, populate it with the appropriate personnel, and assign support@domain.com to the list/group... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message news:#crQw#QSGHA.6084@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I need to send an email to Support@domain.com and have it reach multiple > people... what's the best way to do this? > > The box already exists on a pop server outside the ne...

Can I put a form with merged info
In Publisher 2003, I created a Education / Training Card (size 3.37 x 4.37). I am merging information into these cards from an Excel file. I have completed my merge and want to print the cards. The only options I am finding is to print 4 copies of the same record on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper or print 1 copy of 1 record per 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. I want to put 4 different records on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. Please let me know what setting I need to change. L. Fisher You have to have one card on your screen. In page setup, custom, input your dimensions and orientation. Your b...

Option to Automatically Add Senders E-Mail Address of Incoming E-Mail to Contacts?
Is there an option to automatically add the senders e-mail address of all incoming e-mail messages to contacts? I am using Outlook 2002. Thanks, Mark See the following add-in and comment http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Add-Email-Address.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Mark Hatfield" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:exF7XXrwEHA.1400@T...

duplicate emails #27
I manage a network with 2003 SBS, outlook 2003, Exchange 2003. Exchange points ALL emails to one account (management). I then use outlook rules on the account to redirect email to accounts in group distribution list. Everybody seem to receive duplicate copies..strange to me !! I need help.. Ladies and Gentlemen This was passed on to me by Neo: Here are some things to look for that can cause duplicates. 1) Two or more accounts that check the same mailbox. 2) Two or more inbox rules that act on the same message. 3) Antivirus/Antispam software that doesn't allow Outlook/Outlook Express ...

Count for text
Hi, I believe this is very simple, but i fail to make it works. A 1. text 2. number 3. text 4. text 5. #N/A 6. etc... 50. I want to count all "text" for column A, please help. i use =COUNT(IF(ISTEXT(A1:A50);(A1:50) but result is 1 , not as i expected. Kind Regards, Try =SUMPRODUCT(--ISTEXT(A1:A10)) -- Jacob "Pran" wrote: > Hi, > > I believe this is very simple, but i fail to make it works. > A > 1. text > 2. number > 3. text > 4. text > 5. #N/A > 6. etc... > 50. > > I wan...

Blank Emails in Outlook
For the past two weeks, periodically hundreds (700 +) blank emails will appear in either my Inbox or Junk Email inbox, with only Sent: None. Any ideas what is causing this? "Dave895" <Dave895@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17486EB-E3A2-46DF-88DE-10F65984AA6C@microsoft.com... > For the past two weeks, periodically hundreds (700 +) blank emails will > appear in either my Inbox or Junk Email inbox, with only Sent: None. > > Any ideas what is causing this? If you have web access to the mailbox on the server, log in there and see if ...

Broken URL in email
Does anyone know what could be causing url's to be sent intact, but when received, the link is broken. Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000 thank you for time. It wrapped? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Rhonda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1584e01c41d7b$c0a66610$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what could be causing url's to be sent > intact, but when received, the link is broken. > Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000 > > thank you for time. Rhonda wrote: >...

Red Fontcolos in Forms
Hallo can anyone tell me how to set fontscolor in formtext TITEL schoulde be written in red !! Thanks alot E.Zenker@gmx.de ...

Text Field
Hi, I want to create a text field for users to enter in Excel. The amoun of text can be pretty large especially for case recordings. One of th users complained that Excel does not work like Word, where the text wil go to the next line automatically. For Excel, the text spill over. Yo would have to arrange them for printing, do line-break manually. tried wrap text and merge cells, it worked well for the first fe lines. For the rest of the text, it became messy. And it cant displa the whole text, the max row height is 409 -- mejame -----------------------------------------------------------...

how to setup new outlook email account
I am trying to set up my new outlook account but can't figure out all the settings. I can't send or receive emails. cowboyweaver wrote: > I am trying to set up my new outlook account but can't figure out all > the settings. I can't send or receive emails. You haven't provided enough info for us to help you....such as your version of Outlook, the type of mail account you're trying to configure, and what you've tried already. "cowboyweaver" <cowboyweaver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7223F5D-4FAA-49BF-A251-9B4300EFC2...

Hiding rows where text not entered to right of colums A and B
I have a worksheet with narrative from A11:B60. Can someone provide me with a macro that scans down rows 11 to 60 and if there is no content to the right of columns A and B it hides these rows. i would still need to see the headings for all the columns which stretch across to Column AD Thanks in advance, Aidan. Hi Aidan, Try the following. Note the comment and also that a space and underscore at the end of a line is a line break in an otherwise single line of code. I am a bit confused by "i would still need to see the headings for all the columns which stretch ac...

Cant view open email as webpage
When I highlight a new message, I can see the full web page in the preview pane; however, when I double-click to open the message, it is often times blank or text only. Help!! Thanks! ...

leave email messages on the server
I have a blackberry and i am trying to get my emails on my phone... and it tells me to leave messageson server... i have tryed... I went to tools, account, properties, and there is no advanced options tab, and no delivery options? What do i do... Did you highlight the "Mail" account and the Properties? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Cambie Gulick" <Cambie Gulick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6303F6C2-3712-4863-A56E-11836DDFE6F3@microsoft.com... >I have a blackberry and i am trying t...

How do you customize the columns in the address book of outlook 20
I can see how to modify the contact information but am not able to change which columns appear in the address book. Can someone please help me? The Outlook Address Book cannot be customized. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Josh B." <Josh B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D950722B-9FFF-4C87-9681-E0B813DB45DD@microsoft.com... >I can see how to modify the contact information but am not able to change > which columns appear in the address book. Can someone please help me? > ...

Public folders email flow
Hi, Im running exchange 2003 SP1. i have created in public folders a folder named Report80. From system manager, i can see that it is linked to an email address named report80@toto.com Internally , any user who send an email to report80@toto.com , it shows up into the public folder named report80, that works fine Externally, any user who send an email to report80@toto.com , it doesn't show up into the public folder named report80 ,,,, i c an see that the mails goes through the smtp relays and go to the exchange server but they are not in the public folder report80 ,,,, is ...

large email stuck in Outbox
I have an email with a large attachmment stuck in my Outbox. After trying to send it I get the error message gtom my email server that the email is too large. The problem is that outlook won't let me delete the email. I get either no message when trying to delete or Outlook tells me that it is already being send and I cannot delte while sending. Is there any way to get rid of this email? Hi, Log off from outlook. Kill Mapisp32.exe Then remove the network cable. Connect to outlook Work Offline Now u can delete the file from Outbox. Rgds, Kishore >-----Original Message----- &g...

How do I make Contacts my Address Book?
Please tell me step by step how to bring in Address Book to Contacts to Outlook Contacts (in Outlook 2007, Windows 7)? I have tried every step I can find in the discussion. Latest I: Exported address book from Windows Live Mail (WLM) to .CVS file, then I imported the .CVS to my Contacts file (it did not produce all the data fields however, including email addresses are missing, even though addresses are in .CVS file); then I tried Contacts-Folder-Contacts Property-Address Book; but was not able to the choice to make the Contacts file the Address Book--it was disabled. Please wr...

emails #21
I want a shorter intervals between email arrivals. Is there a setting for this? Depends on version of Outlook, but start looking under Options Do not set for less than 10 minutes otherwise resource problems could occur "Lynn Hunter" <Lynn Hunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85E213D0-2D17-4EC9-A6EC-C7395F47704E@microsoft.com... >I want a shorter intervals between email arrivals. Is there a setting for > this? In news:eJonD1IYKHA.4816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, DL typed on Sun, 8 Nov 2009 16:06:07 -0000: > Depends on version of Outlook, but start...

how do i backup email messages to disk?
how do i backup email messages in outlook 2000 to disk? ...

Not receiving any inbound email, outbound works fine.
I have new Comcast hi speed service and new computer with Vista Home Premium, Office Pro 2007 and MS Outlook. Everything works but my inbound email. Comcast has tried to help and their messages get through and so do MS Outlook test messages, but nothing else. Have turned off anti-virus email scanning on both in and outbound emails. Firewall still running. Ports re-set to Comcast's specs. Still can't receive ANY inbound email from anyone else. JournalistJane <JournalistJane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have new Comcast hi speed service and new computer with Vist...

Formula to return text
Need some help here. I am using excel 2007 and I am merging cells - I cannot figure out a formula to give me the text in 91 columns below the previous text. Ex. Cell G7 = Unbalanced Cell G95 = NVAA What formula can I use to get me the text out of cell G95 using cell G7. Ex G7+what= NVAA(G95). Thanks. Maybe =OFFSET(G7,88,0) -- HTH Bob "casinel1" <casinel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEBF975E-7D02-48DC-836C-5E7A11C27389@microsoft.com... > Need some help here. I am using excel 2007 and I am merging cells - I > canno...

Email activities from CRM not going out to Outlook
Hi all, We're new with CRM and our users are complaining that email activities from CRM not going out to Outlook. I am not sure whether this ever worked before. I tried creating an email activity from an account and sending it to myself and I didn't get anything. I looked around CRM Help and some posts on this group and this is my conclusion: - Email sent from CRM as email activities do NOT go out as regular emails, they just sit as email-type activities in the recipient's CRM account. - To send out regular emails, you have to send them from Outlook and use the "Regarding&qu...