Automatically inserting symbols

Dear all

I have created an Excel worksheet (97) and need to enter
a "tick" in several cells.  In Word, you can apply a
short-cut to a symbol so you can enter it quickly but I
can't find a similar function in Excel.  Is it possible
to use shortcuts and, if so, how do you create them?

Thanks.

Louise
0
anonymous (74722)

Here's a macro to do the job:-
'---------------------------------------
Sub TICK()
ActiveCell.Value = Chr(252)
With ActiveCell.Font
.Name = "Wingdings"
.Size = 10
.Bold = True
End With
End Sub
'----------------------------------------

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...

I am unable to insert pictures in publisher 2003
Each time I insert a picture the" picture frame" remains blank. Also tru when I copy an image from file. thanks for any help cliffpeer <cliffpeer@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Each time I insert a picture the" picture frame" remains blank. Also > tru when I copy an image from file. Do images print when you print your publication? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Rule: Automatically forwarding all sent messages
Does anyone know how to set up a rule to automatically forward (or Cc or Bcc) all sent messages to someone else? In this case the legal assistant needs to receive a copy of all email messages that are sent by her boss. ...

Getting outlook to automatically check for mail when opening
just switched to outlook, cannot get outlook to check for new mail when opening the application. always have to hit send/receive to get it to check, ideas? If you go under "Tools", then "Options" then "Mail Delivery" you can chenge how frequently it sends and receives messages. >-----Original Message----- >just switched to outlook, cannot get outlook to check for >new mail when opening the application. always have to hit >send/receive to get it to check, ideas? >. > ...

Can I plot in excel the last entries of database automatically????
I'm trying to create a chart that automatically will chart the last 90 entries of a list of information (containing only numbers) without having to change the range every time. Please any suggestions???? Hi, Have a look at Jon's example, hopefully you can modify to suit your data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html Cheers Andy tiw wrote: > I'm trying to create a chart that automatically will chart the last 90 > entries of a list of information (containing only numbers) without having to > change the range every time. Please any suggestions????...

Override downloaded ticker symbol
I download my portfolio from TD Waterhouse which I think uses the CUSIP symbol to represent options and not the .xxxxx symbol. I have a number of accounts and often I have the same option in both. Money always asks if this is the same equity or option as another one, lets me select it from the list, but it refuses to accept that I want to keep the existing symbol. It pops up that confusing Yes No Cancel dialog and just goes in circles. Any way to get around this? I end up getting duplicated transactions, multipls copies ofthe same equity and have to manually try to fix it all. ...

assign a symbol to a shortcut key
Does anybody know, how I may assign a symbol to a shortcut key in XL? I'd like to insert the check mark symbol (Wingding character code 252) to a key combination. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Greetings, Open the VBA editor (ALT+F11), find your desired workbook in the left pane. Right click and select Insert>Module. A new window opens on the right hand pane. In this new window, place this code: Sub checkmark1() With Selection.Font .Name = "Marlett" .Size = 10 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscrip...

how do i insert a note onto my calender in outlook
DHIBBS <DHIBBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Ask your question in the BODY, not the subject. Why not create a calendar item and drag the note to it? -- Brian Tillman ...

unexplained automatic bcc
Starting sometime yesterday whenever my boss sent an emailit is automatically bcc'd to herself and to some other people in her address book. It stopped this afternoon possibly because I opened 'ThisOutlookSession' with VB but I saw no scripts in there causing this problem. And how would they have automatically gotten in there in the first place? I'm glad its not doing it anymore but what if it happens again? Does she have delegates? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Greg Mc...

Can Excel automatically print only certain worksheets in a workboo
I would like to set up a workbook so that when I click print, Excel automatically prints only certain worrksheets that I have chosen, rather than printing every worksheet. I am familiar with setting the print area, but can't seem to stop Excel from printing every worksheet. Regards, Barry Hull To do this manually try holding the ctrl key >clicking on just the sheet tabs you want>print. when finished>click any sheet tab -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Barry Hull" <Barry Hull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BA0BB4C-BC20-4ED...

How turn off automatic office clipboard forever?
Thanks for any help. Everytime I start Excel, if I copy something "big", the office clipboard opens. I can then turn off Show Office Clipboard Automatically, but is there a way so I can turn it off forever? So even if I quit Excel, then start again, and I copy something, it doesn't happen again? I looked in Tools>Options but I couldn't find anything. Maybe some code if necessary? It's a hassle to do this everytime. I believe a registry entry should do it. Under: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\General (for Office 2003. Use 10 for Offi...

Cell Border Symbols
All, My question is surrounding creating a calendar in Excel. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the shape of the cells so that I can call attention to specific dates. For example I would like to use a diamond on some dates and perhaps a rectange on others. Maybe the only way to address this issue is by pasting in sybols from other sources. Thanks for the help. Jim Cell shape is rectangular and cannot be changed. Would it help if you just colored the background? You could use Conditional Formatting to do that. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 1...

Excel
I want to be able to enter a price in one cell and have the discounted price appear in the next cell (as if by magic) - the discount varies so can't be expressed as a percentage or formula. Presumably I'd have to set up a referral table somewhere that would import the data - but where, ond how... and when! Exactly. In the example at the links, you can have the VLOOKUP return the price and/or the discount price. Tutorial: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/order_form_or_invoice_form_in_microsoft_excel.htm VLOOKUP: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/vlookup_formulas_in_mic...

new mail, automatically email adres
Hello, I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's When i send new mail, automatically when i type the first letters of the recipient, the email adres is visible? Can i delete this list or put it off? Thank you, Uncheck the "Suggest names when completing the To, CC and BCC fields" box here: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced Email Options "wvdp" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote in message news:%23eAANoXqFHA.3524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's > When i send new mail, automatica...

Inserting a page in Page Layout View or Page Break Preview
If I have a 30 page report in Page Layout view or Page Break Preview, is there a quick way to insert a page in the middle? The order of the pages is important. I have found the quickest way to do it is to select everything on the pages below where I need to insert something, group it all, and then slide it down. This is a pain in the butt though. I have a hard time believing Excel has no way to insert a page on the fly. Thanks! Pages don't follow the concept of Spreadsheets. tanner.robin@gmail.com wrote: > If I have a 30 page report in Page Layout view or Page Break Preview, >...

Auto insert page breaks in Excel, based on a sort of numbers
In Excel, I wish to srt on a column of numbers and then automatically insert a page break whenever the numbers increase to the next thousands. e.g. numbers from 1000 to 6000 in one column and I want a page break just prior to 2000, 3000, 4000. ...

Automatic Change of X-axis
Dear all, I have a chart with on the X-axes the age of a person until his retirement age. My problem is now: how can I start my excel chart with a starting age of 25 till retirement (65) for a certain person, but when I take another person my chart have to start with starting age 45, I will get a chart starting from 45 till 65. So I want to change my starting point depending on the person. Best regards, Jan if these are different charts for each person create an xy scatter chart. with correct x axis. rightlcick x axis and click format axis choose x axis and change the minimum and ma...

Inserted graphic deformed in Excel?
Graphics like logotypes are deformed when inserted into Excel. How do I prevent this? Logotypes are elongated about 10% after insertion. Applies to PNG, EPS, JPG, TIF but not fonts. Excel 2000 and 20003. ...

How do I write a auto insert for file name\path\date etc?
I want to create a macro that inserts the following information: author\file name\file path\date. I created one in 2003 but for the life of me cannot figure out how to do an equation or formula necessary to do this. Help! Hi Nita, I think that you're looking for something like the following: Dim sInfo As String With ActiveDocument sInfo = .BuiltInDocumentProperties("Author") & " \ " & _ .Name & " \ " & .Path & " \ " & Date End With Selection.TypeText Text:=sInfo HTH, Dave ...

Excel should not automatically extend series or fill values
When copying values using the mouse, it would be great if there were an option in Tools | Options | Edit such the following: Automatically fill values or extend series based on cell content Always fill values Always extend series ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the me...

Automatically naming a file using cell contents
How do I use the contents of a cell to automatically name a file using a macro to populate Save As? Include this in your macro: Activeworkbook.SaveAs Filenmae:=Range("A1").Value & ".xls" tj "Rob" wrote: > How do I use the contents of a cell to automatically name a file using a > macro to populate Save As? ...

What's this symbol?
In a file I got from elsewhere (can't ask the author), there are gray colored symbols in the left margin that look like a capital "I" or a vertical I-beam, a little bigger than the text (could almost be like a bracket). I can't select them, can't find anything in Help. What are these? TIA, Andy See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sumdata.htm#subtotals then look in HELP for Subtotal --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://w...

Automatically format
I have a workbook for personal banking purposes. When I log on to my bank, I copy the latest lines of my statement and paste into my workbook. I use Paste Special | Unicode text and my columns are filled appropriately. The only problem is that the last column, i.e. the balance, does not format to two decimal places as I had already set up. How can I automatically paste in the right format, please? Do I need a macro? After pasting your data: Select the entire column (click the column heading) Find the button on the "Home" tab (xl2007) or on a toolbar (xl2003) that looks somew...

Email addresses automatically added
In Active Directory, Email Address tab, each user keeps getting this email address added to their account. For example, domain.com shows up in the list. I delete it. When I come back a minute later, it's back. I was under the impression that these corresponded to the recipient policy. But that domain isn't listed in the Email Address tab of the default policy. There are no other policies. This is Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003. Can someone direct me to what is adding this email address to each user? I'm guessing there is some other policy somewhere that is u...

Cartier Pasha Automatic Mens Watch W3107255 Recommendation Discount Watches
Cartier Pasha Automatic Mens Watch W3107255 Recommendation Discount Watches Cartier Pasha Automatic Mens Watch W3107255 Site: http://cartier-watches.pxhelp.com/Cartier-wristwatch-1525.html Thank you for choosing http://www.pxhelp.com/ Quality Cartier Watches: http://cartier-watches.pxhelp.com/ Cartier Pasha Automatic Mens Watch W3107255 AdditionalInfo : Watches Brand : Cartier Watches ( http://cartier-watches.pxhelp.com/ ) Gender : Mens Model : Cartier-W3107255 Also Called : W3107255, Cartier-W3107255 Case Material : Stainless Steel Movement : Automatic ...