automatically insert date and time into excel]

I am planning to import data dirctly into excel via a tcp/ip port(winwedge or
similar)
every now and then a line of comma seperated text will be collected into a
row of cells in the spread sheet
is there any way of getting excel to add date and time information to each
entry, as the device that the data is being colected from has no realtime
clock.
0
slimvices (1)

Maybe you can program it to input the:

=NOW()

function when it is imported?

just a thought

"slimvices" wrote:

> I am planning to import data dirctly into excel via a tcp/ip port(winwedge or
> similar)
> every now and then a line of comma seperated text will be collected into a
> row of cells in the spread sheet
> is there any way of getting excel to add date and time information to each
> entry, as the device that the data is being colected from has no realtime
> clock.
0
JB2010 (8)
11/1/2005 5:51:03 PM
apologies

the =NOW() thing is "good, but its not right"

it updates as the clock does, hence no good for your purposes.

sorry

ill shut up!

"JB2010" wrote:

> Maybe you can program it to input the:
>
> =NOW()
>

> function when it is imported?
>
> just a thought
>
> "slimvices" wrote:
>
> > I am planning to import data dirctly into excel via a tcp/ip port(winwedge or
> > similar)
> > every now and then a line of comma seperated text will be collected into a
> > row of cells in the spread sheet
> > is there any way of getting excel to add date and time information to each
> > entry, as the device that the data is being colected from has no realtime
> > clock.
0
JB2010 (8)

Excel 2007 Question #4
I want to bring data into an excel 2007 worksheet that is stored in a sql database table. The idea is to parameterize the "where" clause in the sql select statement limiting the result set. There are lots of examples in the literature with regard to bringing in data stored in cubes --- but not so much from data in sql table. The basic issue is I want bring in descriptive information about say a contract (things like description, signing date, etc). Cubes which most (all) of the literature deals with are dealing with aggregations of amounts or "measures" and not so...

startup error message in excel.
I get an error message everytime I start up excel. It reads "Subset not in range" I can click OK and then use exel so this is not so much a problem as a hassel. Any suggestions? It sounds like there's a misbehaving macro in one of your workbooks that gets opened each time you start excel. These workbooks can be found in your XLStart folder or under Tools|Addins (from excel's menubar). Chip Pearson has some notes to help diagnose this kind of problem at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm ournutyhouse wrote: > > I get an error message everytime I ...

Have 2004 and 2005 dates in worksheet
Hello, I've got Excel 2002 SP3. I have an ad schedule that lists closing dates for 2005 magazines. Some of the early 2005 issues (January and February) close in November and December 2004. March and subsequent issues close beginning in January 2005. I put the closing dates in the cells as 11/16 and 12/16 for Jan-Feb and it automatically adds the 2004. When I enter 1/16, I want it to add 2005 instead of 2004. Can this be done? Thanks. If you type only the month and day, Excel assumes the current year, as described in the following MSKB article: http://support.microsoft.com/d...

Border lines on the side of the date cell partially missing
Outlook 2003 (version 11.8118.8107) on XP SP2 Pro. As of few days ago my Calendar appears with the border lines on the side of the date cell partially missing. They are white or gray roughly the height of the adjacent date number, while the rest of the line is OK (black). Any ideas? I'm trying to picture this...can you give me a little more detail? What view are you using? (monthly, daily, etc) Which side? (right, left) Could it be that you have an appointment booked during that time? Nikki Peterson "Jerry" <duncan_jeremy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Excel: showing/printing formulas
Hi! Where can I change the cells to show the formulas (rather than the result of the equation) Thx. RG, You can go to the Tools menu, Options, then the View tab. There, check the "Formulas" option. Or you can use the keyboard shortcut, CTRL+` -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "RG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEC56831-61DB-459E-9124-555B9C4898C0@microsoft.com... > Hi! Where can I change the cells to show the formulas (rather than the result of the equation) Thx....

Update Date & Time
I am new to Micrsoft Money and need help. The date and time on my computer and in Micrsoft Monay are both correct, however the date and time it gives me when I update new information from my bank is two days ahead of the current date. It keeps throwing me off. For instance, when I downloaded new information today May 20, 2005 at 7 pm on the home page it tells me it was last updated May 23 at 12:00 am. I can find no way to change this. I am running Money 2005 basic. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you Vicki Did you have to have a Passport to download data from your bank? ...

date format frustration!
I'm having no luck! When I enter 07/29/2004 it comes out 36735. I've tried the format option but no luck...what am I missing? Thanks in advance! Hi formating this cell as 'Date' should do -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ogawak" <ogawak@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:32299F17-318F-4770-B08E-9032FDE63AE5@microsoft.com... > I'm having no luck! When I enter 07/29/2004 it comes out 36735. I've tried > the format option but no luck...what am I missing? > > Thanks in advance! Check your Date settings at T...

how do I unhide Excel 2003 spreadsheet rows with usual method.
I have hidden rows in a spreadsheet and how cannot access them. I have used all the suggested help methods. Basically only rows 1-30 are displayed, while the entire remaining spreadsheet is hidden. I have selected all, unhide and still nothing. Please help! I have, in the past (if not locked) Highlighted the rows on both sides then clicked "Unhide". Also try to grab a row and extend it. Sometimes they are not hidden,rather the row width or height is so narrow that you cant see the row in which case you have to resize all rows. "Sandy" wrote: > I have hidden ro...

Remove inactive employees based on Date Inactivated
I would like to see Tools > Utilities > Payroll > Remove Inactive Records have a date field so only those employees inactivated prior to the date entered are removed rather than all inactive employees as it now does. Hi Rod, Please enter this suggestion in Product Suggestion site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/productsuggestion. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -- Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" ...

Automatic online updates
I use automatic online updates for my bank accounts. However, some of the transactions showed up on bank statement but not on Money's account register. Why is that? Also, how can I change the beginning balance? I changed the balance but after I came back in next time, the old number showed up again. Thanks, Winnie ...

Insert symbol as a header for a column
I would like to insert 1/5 as a fraction header for a column. You can select from the symbol menus say for instance under the Airal choices menu as there are a small number of fraction signs to select. I do not want to particular type in 1/5 or 1/5th as I want the looks that are obtained from using the symbol inputs. Does anybody know how you might achieve this? Thanks -- James The code for one fifth is 8533. Insert the following UDF: Function unicd(r As Long) As String unicd = ChrW(r) End Function Format A1 as Ariel MS Unicode In A1 enter: =unicd(8533) Us...

Date and Time form
This should be an easy one... I have a form that is designed to be a log for entering processes and times. There are several Date/Time entries to be made on the form. I created a form(frmTime) that pops up when one of the Date/Time fields are clicked. The user can then input the appropriate date and time. Well, right now it only works for the [In] field. But, I'd like to use the same form to enter different data into other Date/Time fields. Can someone tell me the appropriate technique for this? Here's my code (such as it is): Private Sub Close_Form_Click() On Error GoT...

when opening excel I receive a message that says file can't be fo.
When I try to open excel, I receive a message that says Files\microsoft.xls could not be found. Check spelling of the file name and verify that it is correct. I click ok and then get a message saying Office\office11\excel.exe could not be found ... with same message. I'm clicking on the desktop shortcut but this happens even when I go to programs. This started happening not too long ago and I thought XP might have had problems with my office 97 so I just upgraded to Office Small Business 2003 and have the same problem. Ken Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Optio...

Excel 2003
Hi I am using Excel 2003 and have a data list displaying Reference Numbers and Test Results. If reference numbers fail a test they will be retested until they finally pass the test, therefore there are multiple records for these reference number. Once the reference number has PASSED I want to delete ALL (Pass and Fails)occurences of this reference number. Any ideas? Very grateful for any suggestions. -- Thanks Cath Hi Cathy, Here is a very unsophisticated macro to do the trick Sub Tryme() Range("A1").Select Set myrange = Range("A2:A120...

Is there a way to copy web site data to excel to make it sortable
I am trying to copy data from a web site and paste it into excel. this I can do however, excel does not recognize the data. Is there a way to make excel recognize the data so that is can be sorted. totalled etc. What you want is not difficult, just laborous. Lots of junk gets pasted when the web content is pasted. Usually I have to erase the pictures & hyperlinks with: Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete ActiveSheet.Pictures.Delete in a macro and then unmerge cells and move things around. -- Gary's Student "Jetson2k" wrote: > I am trying to copy data from a web site ...

Querying an excel sheet
how to query an excel workbook with multiple sheets that is not in the table format from a word macro (visual basic macro)? Can anyone resolve this with a working code example? ...

Outlook 2002 server time out
Network Setup: DC = NT 4.0 SBS with Exchange 5.5 Internet E-mail = Outside Host Workstations = 3 Windows 2000 5 Windows 98 Machine at Question Windows XP Professional Equipment list On XP Machine: AMD XP 2000 CPU ABIT Motherboard 2 x 256 DDR 2100 OS = XP Professional SP-1 Office XP Standard SP-1, SP-2 3com Nic Problem: When opening outlook checking mail, everything is ok untill you have a file with a 1 meg+ attachment, At that point the machine seems to stall and you must hit cancel -> at that point you can hit send and receive again and you will get all the same...

Please help: How to close a application when specific time?
Dear sir, I try to write a MFC application that will automatically close at specific time. I use a OnTimer Event to check the time. If current time is equal to "exit time", the application will close automatically. But how to trigger the operation of "quit application"? I try to PostMessage(WM_QUIT) in the OnTimer Event. The application can quit successfully, but it don't call the OnCloseDocument() and the destructor of the document. SO, it have memory leak. How to quit it gracefully? Thanks -- Regards, Anthony Lam have u tried PostQuitMessage? "AA&q...

when replying, the font type changes to Times New Roman
Hi! I have my font type set to Verdana on new email and reply emails. It shows as Verdana while I am typing. However, if I am REPLYING to an email, the receiver of my email sees Times New Roman instead of Verdana. Please help! ...

Can't install Daylight Savings Time Update
I can't get the Outlook DST update to work. Everytime I try it, I get a message saying "The operation failed." I tried installing the Windows Installer 3.1, but that didn't work. I now have a Daylight Savings Time mess - Outlook 2003 won't update, and my Axim (Windows Mobile 5) updated, but has all appointments in the affected time frame one hour earlier than they should be. I would really appreciate any help! ...

Date Validation List not working
I have a spread sheet with Date Validation List in it and it works fine but when I send the file by email to someone else the DVL doesn't work. The little thingy to the right of the cell doesn't appear. What's wrong? I have Excel 97 and so does the other dude. Look if the other dude is using freeze panes, that is a known bug (try to unfreeze the panes) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) <burp@easy.com> wrote in message news:q3l7e01mr1rmessvn84r1lnrlc33cmlnka@4ax.com... > I have...

selling an excel worksheet
Hi All Just a quick question what is the procedure for selling an excel worksheet? -- rob@robaston.co ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rob@robaston.co's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27385 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469081 Rob: This might help you, even tho you're on the other side of it. http://www.officearticles.com/misc/purchasing_vba_programming_for_microsoft_office_applications.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "rob@robaston.co&...

time 01-09-10
have u time for chat __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4756 (20100109) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com ...

Trying to Open Excel File, But its says file is locked for editing
I'm trying to open an Excel file on a network drive. However when I try to open it. It has an Error Message: File in use. Drivers return 'Taco far return disk Chart 2005.xls' is locked for editing. Options are 'Read Only', 'Notify' or 'Cancel' I know no one is in the spreadsheet, and does not indicate who would be if there was. Can anyone help? Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. Smeeta Geary wrote: > > I'm trying to open an Exc...

Cannot get chart menu bar to stay up in excel 97
Chart menu bar (which contains the file, tools etc.) dialoge box disappeared. Trying to put it back from the dialoge box causes it to show up until you close dialoge box. Has anyone heard of this before or a fix? The Chart Menu bar should appear automatically, replacing the Worksheet Menu Bar, when you select a chart. fireaxe2 wrote: > Chart menu bar (which contains the file, tools etc.) dialoge box disappeared. > Trying to put it back from the dialoge box causes it to show up until you > close dialoge box. > > Has anyone heard of this before or a fix? -- Debra Dalgl...