automatically close excel

is it possible to automatically close excel after no changes have been made
for a certain time?

thanks in advance

Patrick


0
1/17/2004 6:03:25 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

4 Replies
508 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 46

Patrick,

From a previous post............
If you want, I can send you a workbook with the code.

John

<snip>
Upon opening the workbook, start a timer to detect activity.
Close Workbook after a certain time of inactivity.
Original code was found in Google from Tom Ogilvy.
Modified code per OP request to bring up a UserForm alerting the user
that their time had elapsed and if they chose to continue, the timer would
restart and they could continue working else the workbook would
automatically save and close.


In the workbook Events:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    StartTimer
End Sub
Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target
As
Excel.Range)
' Check to see if the UserForm Timer is active.
' If it is, it has control, just exit this event without doing anything.
    If Timer2Active = True Then Exit Sub
    Application.OnTime BootTime, "CloseBook", , False
    StartTimer
End Sub

In a regular module:

Public BootTime As Date
Public Timer2Active As Boolean
Sub StartTimer()
' Start the Activity Timer
    BootTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:10")
' If the Activity Timer runs for the specified time
' call the "CloseBook" sub
    Application.OnTime BootTime, "CloseBook"
End Sub
Sub CloseBook()
' At this point the main Timer has elapsed.
' Display and let the UserForm take charge.
    UserForm1.Show
End Sub
Sub ReallyCloseBook()
    If Timer2Active = False Then Exit Sub
    Unload UserForm1
    ThisWorkbook.Save
    ' Application.Quit
    ThisWorkbook.Close
End Sub

In a UserForm named UserForm1 with one CommandButton named
CommandButton1 (Caption on the CommandButton "Continue Working"):

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
' Set the Timer2Active Flag to True.
' This stops the SheetSelectionFlag from processing it's code
' This UserForm now has control over what will be done next.
    Timer2Active = True
' Start a timer within this UserForm. If the allotted time elapses
' without pressing the CommandButton, call "ReallyCloseBook"
    Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:10"), "ReallyCloseBook"
End Sub
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
' Set the Timer2Active flag to False in order that the
' SheetSelectionChange Event can monitor activity.
    Timer2Active = False
' Restart the Main timer again
    StartTimer
' Dispense with the UserForm
    Unload UserForm1
End Sub
<snip>


"Mermans Patrick" <patrick.mermans@skynet.be> wrote in message
news:400978e7$0$312$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
> is it possible to automatically close excel after no changes have been
made
> for a certain time?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Patrick
>
>


0
jwilson (359)
1/17/2004 7:15:42 PM
thanks a lot

by the way , i kept looking around on google and found some usefull stuff
concerning the application.ontime event

Patrick

"John Wilson" <jwilson@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:ORJDO5S3DHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Patrick,
>
> From a previous post............
> If you want, I can send you a workbook with the code.
>
> John
>
> <snip>
> Upon opening the workbook, start a timer to detect activity.
> Close Workbook after a certain time of inactivity.
> Original code was found in Google from Tom Ogilvy.
> Modified code per OP request to bring up a UserForm alerting the user
> that their time had elapsed and if they chose to continue, the timer would
> restart and they could continue working else the workbook would
> automatically save and close.
>
>
> In the workbook Events:
>
> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
>     StartTimer
> End Sub
> Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target
> As
> Excel.Range)
> ' Check to see if the UserForm Timer is active.
> ' If it is, it has control, just exit this event without doing anything.
>     If Timer2Active = True Then Exit Sub
>     Application.OnTime BootTime, "CloseBook", , False
>     StartTimer
> End Sub
>
> In a regular module:
>
> Public BootTime As Date
> Public Timer2Active As Boolean
> Sub StartTimer()
> ' Start the Activity Timer
>     BootTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:10")
> ' If the Activity Timer runs for the specified time
> ' call the "CloseBook" sub
>     Application.OnTime BootTime, "CloseBook"
> End Sub
> Sub CloseBook()
> ' At this point the main Timer has elapsed.
> ' Display and let the UserForm take charge.
>     UserForm1.Show
> End Sub
> Sub ReallyCloseBook()
>     If Timer2Active = False Then Exit Sub
>     Unload UserForm1
>     ThisWorkbook.Save
>     ' Application.Quit
>     ThisWorkbook.Close
> End Sub
>
> In a UserForm named UserForm1 with one CommandButton named
> CommandButton1 (Caption on the CommandButton "Continue Working"):
>
> Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
> ' Set the Timer2Active Flag to True.
> ' This stops the SheetSelectionFlag from processing it's code
> ' This UserForm now has control over what will be done next.
>     Timer2Active = True
> ' Start a timer within this UserForm. If the allotted time elapses
> ' without pressing the CommandButton, call "ReallyCloseBook"
>     Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:10"), "ReallyCloseBook"
> End Sub
> Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
> ' Set the Timer2Active flag to False in order that the
> ' SheetSelectionChange Event can monitor activity.
>     Timer2Active = False
> ' Restart the Main timer again
>     StartTimer
> ' Dispense with the UserForm
>     Unload UserForm1
> End Sub
> <snip>
>
>
> "Mermans Patrick" <patrick.mermans@skynet.be> wrote in message
> news:400978e7$0$312$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
> > is it possible to automatically close excel after no changes have been
> made
> > for a certain time?
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > Patrick
> >
> >
>
>


0
1/17/2004 9:03:31 PM
for those interested, here is the URL

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm


Patrick


"Mermans Patrick" <patrick.mermans@skynet.be> wrote in message
news:4009a31e$0$777$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
> thanks a lot
>
> by the way , i kept looking around on google and found some usefull stuff
> concerning the application.ontime event
>
> Patrick
>
> "John Wilson" <jwilson@optonline.net> wrote in message
> news:ORJDO5S3DHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Patrick,
> >
> > From a previous post............
> > If you want, I can send you a workbook with the code.
> >
> > John
> >
> > <snip>
> > Upon opening the workbook, start a timer to detect activity.
> > Close Workbook after a certain time of inactivity.
> > Original code was found in Google from Tom Ogilvy.
> > Modified code per OP request to bring up a UserForm alerting the user
> > that their time had elapsed and if they chose to continue, the timer
would
> > restart and they could continue working else the workbook would
> > automatically save and close.
> >
> >
> > In the workbook Events:
> >
> > Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> >     StartTimer
> > End Sub
> > Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal
Target
> > As
> > Excel.Range)
> > ' Check to see if the UserForm Timer is active.
> > ' If it is, it has control, just exit this event without doing anything.
> >     If Timer2Active = True Then Exit Sub
> >     Application.OnTime BootTime, "CloseBook", , False
> >     StartTimer
> > End Sub
> >
> > In a regular module:
> >
> > Public BootTime As Date
> > Public Timer2Active As Boolean
> > Sub StartTimer()
> > ' Start the Activity Timer
> >     BootTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:10")
> > ' If the Activity Timer runs for the specified time
> > ' call the "CloseBook" sub
> >     Application.OnTime BootTime, "CloseBook"
> > End Sub
> > Sub CloseBook()
> > ' At this point the main Timer has elapsed.
> > ' Display and let the UserForm take charge.
> >     UserForm1.Show
> > End Sub
> > Sub ReallyCloseBook()
> >     If Timer2Active = False Then Exit Sub
> >     Unload UserForm1
> >     ThisWorkbook.Save
> >     ' Application.Quit
> >     ThisWorkbook.Close
> > End Sub
> >
> > In a UserForm named UserForm1 with one CommandButton named
> > CommandButton1 (Caption on the CommandButton "Continue Working"):
> >
> > Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
> > ' Set the Timer2Active Flag to True.
> > ' This stops the SheetSelectionFlag from processing it's code
> > ' This UserForm now has control over what will be done next.
> >     Timer2Active = True
> > ' Start a timer within this UserForm. If the allotted time elapses
> > ' without pressing the CommandButton, call "ReallyCloseBook"
> >     Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:10"), "ReallyCloseBook"
> > End Sub
> > Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
> > ' Set the Timer2Active flag to False in order that the
> > ' SheetSelectionChange Event can monitor activity.
> >     Timer2Active = False
> > ' Restart the Main timer again
> >     StartTimer
> > ' Dispense with the UserForm
> >     Unload UserForm1
> > End Sub
> > <snip>
> >
> >
> > "Mermans Patrick" <patrick.mermans@skynet.be> wrote in message
> > news:400978e7$0$312$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
> > > is it possible to automatically close excel after no changes have been
> > made
> > > for a certain time?
> > >
> > > thanks in advance
> > >
> > > Patrick
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
1/17/2004 9:08:03 PM
Mermans

To assist in your google searching Ron de Bruin has a google search add-in
that is most useful and very easy to use.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:03:31 +0100, "Mermans Patrick"
<patrick.mermans@skynet.be> wrote:

>thanks a lot
>
>by the way , i kept looking around on google and found some usefull stuff
>concerning the application.ontime event
>
>Patrick
>
>"John Wilson" <jwilson@optonline.net> wrote in message
>news:ORJDO5S3DHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Patrick,
>>
>> From a previous post............
>> If you want, I can send you a workbook with the code.
>>
>> John
>>
>> <snip>
>> Upon opening the workbook, start a timer to detect activity.
>> Close Workbook after a certain time of inactivity.
>> Original code was found in Google from Tom Ogilvy.
>> Modified code per OP request to bring up a UserForm alerting the user
>> that their time had elapsed and if they chose to continue, the timer would
>> restart and they could continue working else the workbook would
>> automatically save and close.
>>
>>
>> In the workbook Events:
>>
>> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
>>     StartTimer
>> End Sub
>> Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target
>> As
>> Excel.Range)
>> ' Check to see if the UserForm Timer is active.
>> ' If it is, it has control, just exit this event without doing anything.
>>     If Timer2Active = True Then Exit Sub
>>     Application.OnTime BootTime, "CloseBook", , False
>>     StartTimer
>> End Sub
>>
>> In a regular module:
>>
>> Public BootTime As Date
>> Public Timer2Active As Boolean
>> Sub StartTimer()
>> ' Start the Activity Timer
>>     BootTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:10")
>> ' If the Activity Timer runs for the specified time
>> ' call the "CloseBook" sub
>>     Application.OnTime BootTime, "CloseBook"
>> End Sub
>> Sub CloseBook()
>> ' At this point the main Timer has elapsed.
>> ' Display and let the UserForm take charge.
>>     UserForm1.Show
>> End Sub
>> Sub ReallyCloseBook()
>>     If Timer2Active = False Then Exit Sub
>>     Unload UserForm1
>>     ThisWorkbook.Save
>>     ' Application.Quit
>>     ThisWorkbook.Close
>> End Sub
>>
>> In a UserForm named UserForm1 with one CommandButton named
>> CommandButton1 (Caption on the CommandButton "Continue Working"):
>>
>> Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
>> ' Set the Timer2Active Flag to True.
>> ' This stops the SheetSelectionFlag from processing it's code
>> ' This UserForm now has control over what will be done next.
>>     Timer2Active = True
>> ' Start a timer within this UserForm. If the allotted time elapses
>> ' without pressing the CommandButton, call "ReallyCloseBook"
>>     Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:10"), "ReallyCloseBook"
>> End Sub
>> Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
>> ' Set the Timer2Active flag to False in order that the
>> ' SheetSelectionChange Event can monitor activity.
>>     Timer2Active = False
>> ' Restart the Main timer again
>>     StartTimer
>> ' Dispense with the UserForm
>>     Unload UserForm1
>> End Sub
>> <snip>
>>
>>
>> "Mermans Patrick" <patrick.mermans@skynet.be> wrote in message
>> news:400978e7$0$312$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>> > is it possible to automatically close excel after no changes have been
>> made
>> > for a certain time?
>> >
>> > thanks in advance
>> >
>> > Patrick
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>

0
Gord
1/17/2004 9:49:43 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How do I add a total to a stacked bar graph in Excel
I am using Excel for some graphs in Powerpoint and we are using stacked bar graphs. Does anyone know how to add a total on a stcaked graph? I can add individual values but I am looking for total per bar. the simplest way is to copy the data with the totals into the chart. select the section of the bar equal to the totals and change the axis to secondary add the series values and in paterns select none for fill and line. in th elegehgend select the line for the totals and clar all. "Greg L" wrote: > I am using Excel for some graphs in Powerpoint and we are using stacked bar...

macros in excel #4
Is it possible to set up a macro in excel to print report with conditions "Jai" wrote: > Is it possible to set up a macro in excel to print report with conditions Can you elaborate on "Conditions" and what kind of report it is? May be I can pitch in .. I am a beginner too, but I can look around. I am trying to set up a report from database of vendors. Each vendor has it's own number. Some vendors are grouped together. In report, there should be list of each vendors and all grouped vedors should have subtotal for its data. I know it's easy to do a subt...

export excel macros
I am gettting a new computer from my IT staff this week. Is there a way to backup all my personal macros. I have done a search for personal.xls and have not come up with anything. Can anyone provide answers. Brad Wilson nctarheelfan@hotmail.com Hi search for your personal.xls in your xlstart folder -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Brad wrote: > I am gettting a new computer from my IT staff this week. Is there a > way to backup all my personal macros. I have done a search for > personal.xls and have not come up with anything. Can anyone provide > answers. &...

Excel Database
I'm developing a database in Excel and I need some help with macros. The scenario: It's a database of drink short takes for a bar. Each tab has a different summary category, such as spirits, wines, cocktails, etc... Cells in each summary tab links to a new tab, where the data for that entry is explained (the short take sheets themselves). Short take planner Now, imagine a simple monthly calendar, each cell corresponding to each day of the month that has a drop down list of values to choose from. First, I would like to make this drop down list show data from the...

Preserving Cell Formats in Excel Query
I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't carry through to the query results. Is there a way to carry original formatting through to Excel Query results Any insight would be appreciated Karen S No, you can import the data, but not the formats. If you're importing programmatically, you could apply the formatting as part of the import procedure. Karen S wrote: > I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't car...

Chart wizard funcitonality in Excel 2007?
I hope I'm missing something in Excel 2007. In Excel 2003, the chart wizard gives you access to lots of options when you create a graph--graph type, data range, the various series (including the X axis labels), the chart title and axis titles, gridlines, legends, and others. It doesn't take long to create the graph with most of the options you want and then tweak it pretty quickly. In Excel 2007, it seems that every option is a separate button/menu/choice. Setting the chart title, the x-axis title, and the y-axis title are three different operations. Ditto for pretty much everyt...

Hidden data when pasting from html page into Excel?
I have a situation where I copy a report, which is generated as an html page, into Excel for analysis. When a new copy/version of the report is available, I copy and paste the new data over top of the old in Excel. I've noticed that the size of my Excel file is growing after each copy/paste situation. To manage this, I can delete the worksheet where I paste the data and reconstruct it. After doing nothing else, saving the workbook results in an immediate reduction of file size. If I simply select everything on the sheet and delete, the file size does NOT go down; I have to delet...

divide so no error Excel 2007
I have a simple issue. I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide one by the other and set it up on many cells. Problem is if I enter the folmula befor there are actually numbers in the two cells I get the Divide by 0 error (#DIV/0!) So How can I divide A2 / B2 only if it won't produce an error? =IF(B2=0,0,A2/B2) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Striker" <striker3070@qwest.net> wrote in message news:%23CnsJAoRJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a simple issue. I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide >one by the other and set it up ...

Historical Excel question re: statistical capabilities
Does anyone know approximately when Excel started shipping with statistical functions built in- or know how I can find out? In the pre-spreadsheet days of my computing past, I used BASIC to code statistical functions necessary for my profession. As spreadsheets became more advanced, we all transitioned to using the advanced functionality. My question is when did this occur? Did Excel always have its current complement of statistical functions? Thanks slingsh0t@hotmail.com shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc: > Does anyone know approximately when Excel started shipping...

Formula result shows as zero Excel 2003
Formula as shown =IF(C12<>"",+C11-C12,"") appears in D12. This is the same formula as rows above but rows above show correct result whereas D12 and subsequent rows show only zero. If I do an F2 and F9, the correct result shows in the Formula Editing bar so formula is working correctly. I have tried copying both formula and cell formatting from previous rows which do display their result correctly but still doesn't fix the problem. Any assistance would be much appreciated Hi maybe automatic calculation is disabled. Check 'Tools - Options - Calculate...

Automatic Update application ignores permissions
I have a managed account on my computer - I've allowed the user to launch all Office applications except the Updater, Remove Office, and the Handheld Sync Installer. However, if the user clicks "Check for updates" in the Help menu in Word, the Updater application launches, and the AU daemon is put in the list of applications to startup on login. I guess this is the place to report such a bug - does anyone know how to prevent the user from launching the Updater application in this way? Does the user account have the "Allow Supporting Programs" box in the allow/disall...

opening excel worksheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel whenever I try to open an existing excel worksheet it opens very short. I have to drag it down to the bottom of the screen, is there a setting that i need to adjust? No, simply SAVE the workbook after you adjust it. Next time, it will open at the size you want. On 27/03/10 6:42 AM, in article 59bb6065.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "scrapper@officeformac.com" <scrapper@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > wh...

Using Queries in Excel
What are the best practices for using database-like queries in Excel. Let's say you wish to join to sheets together och view a subset of columns in a third sheet. I've tried several different methods, but I dont think any of them are completely good. I've used VLookup, Index, MS Query. (MS Query must be the must forgotten MS product in history. It's like a time machine back to Windows 3.11) I've also tried alot of different methods for searching a range, based on more than one criteria, and display the result, either a single value or a sum based on several rows. Here i&#...

How to setup Automatic Send/Receive time interval ?
I once knew where to click to set the time interval for auto send/ receive. Where do I click in Outlook 2003 to be able to set the automatic send/ receive time interval? Thanks for any help. Mel <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote: > I once knew where to click to set the time interval for auto send/ > receive. > > Where do I click in Outlook 2003 to be able to set the automatic send/ > receive time interval? While viewing a mail folder, press ALT-CTRL-S -- Brian Tillman On Jul 9, 2:57 pm, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Mel <MyEmai...

Import plain text with formulas into Excel
I'm having some trouble in Excel. If I create a plain text file like the following: 1,2,3 4,5,6 =sum(a1:a2), =sum(b1:b2) Nothing can be done as if in spanish is (SI), iserror is (ESERROR), and so on. This really sucks as I can't just install other software on the server nor make other modifications. I don't know what Microsoft was thinking when they translated the versions; any Excel version should accept it's language commands and English commands, but well, that's too much to ask for... Any good sugestions? Regards -- schmiedel ---------------------------------...

cannot filter excel files in "files of type"
I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter based on Excel files in "Files of type". Excel is the listed but other like Word are. The entire Office 2003 suite is installed on the PC and I tried reinstalling to no avail. Also, Customize is grayed-out under the tools menu in Outlook\new mail message. Please help me out. thanks. Sorry, I mean to say Excel is NOT listed under "Files of Type" "wli2k2" wrote: > I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter > based on Excel files in "Files ...

excel error "no more new fonts..."
Using Excel 2002. Pretty large sheet with about 60 tables. refuses to copy and paste a table. Getting error message "no more new fonts may be added to this workbook" cannot find anything anywhere on this error. ...

Formatting hyperlinks in an Excel cell 02-16-10
Two of the columns in a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) that I use record email and web addresses. All of them appear as hyperlinks i.e. blue and underlined but some occasionally seem to lose their hyperlink properties. This means that when one hovers over them, the cursor stays as the usual Excel cross rather than changing to the hand/finger symbol. Also, clicking on the former does not launch the browser. Is there any way to ensure they are formatted, and work, as hyperlinks please? TIA V ...

Import and Export from/to Excel query
I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. When I try and do it I am told I don't have the correct translator and do I want to install it - when I say yes it tells me to put in the CD - when I put in the CD it doesn't install but just freezes up and I have to cancel - the file it tells me I need is L4561403.CAB How and where do I install L4561403.CAB which I assume that I can find on the CD?? TIA for any help. Brian Tozer KiwiBrian <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. > When ...

Parse multiple text lines into 1 line in excel
help. I am an excel beginner and can't find out how to turn multipl lines of text into 1 row in excel. It's probably really easy but m manual is USELESS. Can anyone help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com debbie You're a little short on details. If nothing below fits the bill post back. "Multiple lines" is how many and is each line in a separate cell down one column? Do you want all lines to go into one cell? You can use this form...

Excel 2002 is scrolling to the very bottom of my spreadsheet
When I open Excel 2002 my spreadsheets are scrolling to the bottom by itself. If I move it back to the begining it scrolls back to the end. What is going on? Perhaps Speech Recognition is turned on. It can cause some strange behaviour. Choose Tools>Speech>Speech Recognition (if it had a check mark, it was turned on) Dennis wrote: > When I open Excel 2002 my spreadsheets are scrolling to the bottom by itself. > If I move it back to the begining it scrolls back to the end. What is going > on? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contexture...

How to determine the area under a curve (integration) in Excel?
I would like to compare the areas under curves in a chart. How to determine the area under a curve (integration) in Excel? Hi, Have a look at Bernard Liengme's page. http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/AreaUnderCurve.htm Cheers Andy Hawkeye wrote: > I would like to compare the areas under curves in a chart. > > > > How to determine the area under a curve (integration) in Excel? ...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Formula causing run-time error in Excel Programming
This is a repost. I have the following line of code that I am trying to drop in a cell via Access VBA but I keep getting a Run-time error 1004, Application-defined or object-defined error. xls.cells(Rw, Col + lngColumn).value = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2:ET_Raw_Data!$C$20000,ROW(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2:ET_Raw_Data!$C$20000)-ROW(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2),0,1)),--(ET_Raw_Data!$A$2:ET_Raw_Data!$A$20000=A" & lngColumn + 1 & "),--(ET_Raw_Data!$D$2:ET_Raw_Data!$D$20000='Feature Request'))" I already have 2 other formulas that are being add...

Excel 2010 Object Model
Hello, In the online help, the Excel Object Model is not in a usable visual format. Is the Excel 2010 Object Model available in PDF or other image format? ...