Automatically change header

Win XP Professional
Office 2000

I have multiple worksheets, each with it's own header.  The only common 
item in all headers is the date (month and year).  Is there a way to 
programatically change the date in all headers without having to edit 
the header of every worksheet?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Rita Palazzi
Senior Engineer / Global Trade Services
FedEx Express

0
rmpalazzi (92)
10/7/2004 3:27:40 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

7 Replies
294 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

Put   &[Date]   in the header - this will update according to the P
date

--
LB7
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1215
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26730

0
10/7/2004 3:37:17 PM
I need the previous month in the format of mmmm yyyy i.e August 2004.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Rita

LB79 wrote:
> Put   &[Date]   in the header - this will update according to the PC
> date.
> 
> 

0
rmpalazzi (92)
10/7/2004 3:52:02 PM
Rita,

I think a macro will have to set the date into the headers.  The &[Date]
code causes the date of printing to appear in the header or footer, but I
don't think the format can be changed.  If you select all the sheets and
mess with Page Setup, it will put the active sheet's page setup info into
all the sheets -- not desirable since your sheets have individual headers.
If you're willing to put in a macro, we can write it for you.  Do you want
the date printed (as with the &[Date] code), or a fixed date?

-- 
Earl Kiosterud
mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
-------------------------------------------

"Rita Palazzi" <rmpalazzi@fedex.com> wrote in message
news:Ot63wIIrEHA.376@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Win XP Professional
> Office 2000
>
> I have multiple worksheets, each with it's own header.  The only common
> item in all headers is the date (month and year).  Is there a way to
> programatically change the date in all headers without having to edit
> the header of every worksheet?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
>
> Rita Palazzi
> Senior Engineer / Global Trade Services
> FedEx Express
>


0
nothanks4548 (968)
10/7/2004 5:30:39 PM
I don't mind using a macro. I have a set of charts for each region of 
the world on each sheet.  For example, I have 4 APAC charts on one sheet 
(prints one page), four Europe charts on one sheet, etc.  The header 
identifies the region centered on the top line and the Month/year the 
charts are for.  Example:

APAC Import Performance
August 2004


If is is helpful, I have a chart data sheet that contains the month and 
each region name, so if I need top use this as a reference in the macro, 
that's cool.  I just don't know enough about VB to write the macro 
myself.  Your help is INVALUABLE!!

Rita



Earl Kiosterud wrote:
> Rita,
> 
> I think a macro will have to set the date into the headers.  The &[Date]
> code causes the date of printing to appear in the header or footer, but I
> don't think the format can be changed.  If you select all the sheets and
> mess with Page Setup, it will put the active sheet's page setup info into
> all the sheets -- not desirable since your sheets have individual headers.
> If you're willing to put in a macro, we can write it for you.  Do you want
> the date printed (as with the &[Date] code), or a fixed date?
> 

0
rmpalazzi (92)
10/8/2004 1:52:16 PM
Rita,

It isn't clear to me where to get the date from each sheet (that was your
original question - how to put a date into the page header).  Also, if each
sheet requires only one page to print, you could as easily build your header
into the sheet (first couple of rows or so), and let it print the sheet
straightaway.  There appears to be no particular utility in the header in
this case.

-- 
Earl Kiosterud
mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
-------------------------------------------

"Rita Palazzi" <rmpalazzi@fedex.com> wrote in message
news:%231QZH4TrEHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I don't mind using a macro. I have a set of charts for each region of
> the world on each sheet.  For example, I have 4 APAC charts on one sheet
> (prints one page), four Europe charts on one sheet, etc.  The header
> identifies the region centered on the top line and the Month/year the
> charts are for.  Example:
>
> APAC Import Performance
> August 2004
>
>
> If is is helpful, I have a chart data sheet that contains the month and
> each region name, so if I need top use this as a reference in the macro,
> that's cool.  I just don't know enough about VB to write the macro
> myself.  Your help is INVALUABLE!!
>
> Rita
>
>
>
> Earl Kiosterud wrote:
> > Rita,
> >
> > I think a macro will have to set the date into the headers.  The &[Date]
> > code causes the date of printing to appear in the header or footer, but
I
> > don't think the format can be changed.  If you select all the sheets and
> > mess with Page Setup, it will put the active sheet's page setup info
into
> > all the sheets -- not desirable since your sheets have individual
headers.
> > If you're willing to put in a macro, we can write it for you.  Do you
want
> > the date printed (as with the &[Date] code), or a fixed date?
> >
>


0
nothanks4548 (968)
10/9/2004 2:31:20 AM
Just an FYI on the date... we have a large worksheet where we have about 
3 years of weekly data input.  I got REAL tired of changing my cell 
references on graphs every week (got about 25 graphs in one workbook, 
some showing up to 5 indices), so I built what I call a "chart data 
sheet".  Once the data is input, the user goes to the chart data sheet 
and only changes one date at the top.  All cells on this sheet use the 
VLOOKUP function based on the input date to reference the data entry 
sheet.  When the date is changed, every cell on this sheet automatically 
changes and every single graph in the workbook automatically updates. 
Pretty cool! Anyway, I was hoping to use the cell in which the user 
enters the date on the chart data sheet as the source and was hoping you 
could reference that cell within the header area itself.  If you don't 
think I can reference a cell within the header, I'll probably just take 
your suggestion and build the header into the cell/page area. Just 
trying to avoid that if I can.  Let  me know your thoughts...

Thanks a bunch for your time!
Rita



Earl Kiosterud wrote:

> Rita,
> 
> It isn't clear to me where to get the date from each sheet (that was your
> original question - how to put a date into the page header).  Also, if each
> sheet requires only one page to print, you could as easily build your header
> into the sheet (first couple of rows or so), and let it print the sheet
> straightaway.  There appears to be no particular utility in the header in
> this case.
> 

0
rmpalazzi (92)
10/11/2004 12:47:06 PM
Rita

Sub CellInFooter()
    With ActiveSheet
        .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("A1").Value
    End With
End Sub

Is this what you're looking for?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:47:06 -0500, Rita Palazzi <rmpalazzi@fedex.com> wrote:

>Just an FYI on the date... we have a large worksheet where we have about 
>3 years of weekly data input.  I got REAL tired of changing my cell 
>references on graphs every week (got about 25 graphs in one workbook, 
>some showing up to 5 indices), so I built what I call a "chart data 
>sheet".  Once the data is input, the user goes to the chart data sheet 
>and only changes one date at the top.  All cells on this sheet use the 
>VLOOKUP function based on the input date to reference the data entry 
>sheet.  When the date is changed, every cell on this sheet automatically 
>changes and every single graph in the workbook automatically updates. 
>Pretty cool! Anyway, I was hoping to use the cell in which the user 
>enters the date on the chart data sheet as the source and was hoping you 
>could reference that cell within the header area itself.  If you don't 
>think I can reference a cell within the header, I'll probably just take 
>your suggestion and build the header into the cell/page area. Just 
>trying to avoid that if I can.  Let  me know your thoughts...
>
>Thanks a bunch for your time!
>Rita
>
>
>
>Earl Kiosterud wrote:
>
>> Rita,
>> 
>> It isn't clear to me where to get the date from each sheet (that was your
>> original question - how to put a date into the page header).  Also, if each
>> sheet requires only one page to print, you could as easily build your header
>> into the sheet (first couple of rows or so), and let it print the sheet
>> straightaway.  There appears to be no particular utility in the header in
>> this case.
>> 

0
Gord
10/11/2004 8:39:29 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces: