automatically advance to next cell without hitting enter or tab

does anyone know of a way to have Excel move automatically to the next
cell after entering one digit (without hitting enter every time?)

If there is some sort of script or something that anyone is aware of
that already exists that I would need, can you please point me to it
and tell me how to set it up?
0
corby (1)

Hi
AFAIK this is not possible as you can't run macros while in Edit mode

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

corby wrote:
> does anyone know of a way to have Excel move automatically to the
next
> cell after entering one digit (without hitting enter every time?)
>
> If there is some sort of script or something that anyone is aware of
> that already exists that I would need, can you please point me to it
> and tell me how to set it up?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/28/2004 9:40:45 PM
Excel doesn't know you have entered anything until you touch the enter or an
arrow key or the tab key.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"corby" <corby@davidbowie.com> wrote in message
> does anyone know of a way to have Excel move automatically to the next
> cell after entering one digit (without hitting enter every time?)
>
> If there is some sort of script or something that anyone is aware of
> that already exists that I would need, can you please point me to it
> and tell me how to set it up?

0
Don
5/28/2004 10:40:20 PM
You could use a small userform that only accepts one character.

Here's an example to get just a single digit:
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=4085DF50.CA7B7D33%40msn.com

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <956248.0405281336.4258b11e@posting.google.com>,
corby@davidbowie.com says...
> does anyone know of a way to have Excel move automatically to the next
> cell after entering one digit (without hitting enter every time?)
>
> If there is some sort of script or something that anyone is aware of
> that already exists that I would need, can you please point me to it
> and tell me how to set it up?

Automatic Overtime Calculation #3
How can you calculate overtime on a Semi monthly pay period. If the pay period is semi monthly then you take the chance of it going into two and a half weeks. Lets take for example April 1st through April 15th 2008. If you choose to use automatic overtime for 88 hours which would be the 11 business days times 8 hours and the employee works 32 hours for the 1st through the 4th. Then from the 7th to the 11th they work 41 hours and the 14th and the 15th they work 18 hours. We would only pay for the overtime worked during the second week. The 1 hour. Well then what happens when we do...

way to subquery for next record in query?
I've got a query (qryMaingroup) that looks at a table (tblMain) and displays all the records in tblMain with a seat number less than a particular value. I'd like to query that query to find the first record that has a seat number which adding 1 would mean that the next record in the original query is not equal. In other words if the first query returns all those in tblMain with tblMain.Seat less than 13, the second query returns the lowest Seat value from the first query where tblMain.Seat + 1 < tblMain.Seat from the next lowest value in that first query. I think ultimately...

Can i use conditional formating on a cell when it contains a formula? #2
=mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1 -- si ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26784 Hi the reason for this is that thie formula returns a string and not a numeric value. Change the formula to: =--mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sit wrote: > =mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) OR ... Change your Conditional formula to: =&quo...

Advanced Security by menu
GP 9.0 sp2.... Why is it that the advanced security 'menu view' doesn't match the menus on the application? example... In the app: Tools ==> setup, utilities, routines, smartlist builder, customize, integrate, macro, resource descriptions. In Adv Sec: Tools ==> setup, utilities, routines, integrate. Shouldn't the 'by menu view' allow me to shut off what I want shut off (with a few exceptions at the dict level)... thanks... mark/ Mark By default, Advanced Security only shows the menus it can control in the By Menu view. It cannot control security for menu ...

Many twice tab on Exchange Administrator Console in 5.5
Hi everyone In my organization I have a small little problem. In Internet Mail Service Propertites in Microsoft Exchange Administrator 5.5 Console I have not 11 tabs but 24 tabs. Some of them occur twice or thrice. In this twice or thrice tab all information on this tab is this same. Sometime ago I modify Extention-Data Object Attributes in Raw mode. I modify this attribut at one on my 4 IMS Connectors. My modify consist on copy and paste this same information from this object attributes. Now on all my 4 IMS Connections I have to many tabs. Can anybody help me ? I'm sorry for my Englis...

How can I Invoke a filter automatically
I have used a filter and list formatting to create the worksheet the way I want it and the data refreshes (from external links) when I open the workbook. But the advanced filter has not been applied.. it works if I click on it in the menu bar. How can I re-apply this filter automatically when The data is refreshed ? Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might just record a macro while going through the steps to activate the filter, and then just run the macro when the updating is completed. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "busyman5_au >" <<...

Workflow runs when manually fired but not automatic
I have tried everything that I can think of. Something that should be simple. Email to Case Application with EmailRouter pointed to email queu. Workflow determines Account by what is contained in the Subject of Email. Creates case with correct account accordingly.This fires and creates without issue, manually. Automatically, however, no luck. Workflow Expansion task states "succeeded". Case is not created. No errors, application events, etc. Any ideas, /jtk ...

Anchored cell won't release
I have recently encountered a situation with several users (probably coincidental) in which a cell seems to be anchored and won't release. They can close Excel and reopen it and the same cell will be anchored. You can select any other cell in the worksheet and the entire range from the anchored cell and the selected cell will be highlighted. Any ideas on what is causing this and how can I resolve it? Thanks, Mike Hi Press F8 to cancel Extended mode. -- Regards Roger Govier "MikeS" <MikeS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D1440C0-7CE0-46D0-87F...

Blank Screen without Summary in Outlook Today Help Please
When I open my outlook today I see my summary flash just for a milisecond and then the screen is blank except for the words for the messages, tasks and calendar. Help if you can. What can I do to correct this? Thanks Steve ...

duplicate cells
I have a spreadsheet of Names and addresses. the list is very large (about 8000) there are quite a few duplicate entries that I would like to eliminate. is there a formula or a uncomplicated method that will do this for me? bear in mind that I am a novice with excel spreadsheets.d appreciate any help. Thanks Richard, have a look at Chip's site for a way to do it. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows You may also what to have a look here on getting started with macros http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm if you need more help post back with...

Printing Problems (cells printing on top of one another)
When printing cells are merged together like the they have been shifted up half a row height. This problem is restriced to one user on one system (Windows 2000 Pro and Office 2000). The problem is same on a single sheet workbook or a multi sheet workbook. The printer setting keep reverting back to 11 sheet tall by 1 sheet wide. This produces an unclear image through print preview. You can manually reset the default to 1 sheet wide by 1 sheet long which corrects the print preview but not the printed output. I avoid merged cells like the plague - full of problems. I guess that you ...

How to remove or automatically add /exchange in OWA
I've got a client who wants to just be able to type in email in the browser for OWA rather than http://email/exchange. Does anyone know how I can set this up to automatically add /exchange when they hit the server? Thanks, Mark PS. They are running E2K3 clustered with no Front-end servers. =?Utf-8?B?bW9pbmR5Y3Vicw==?= <moindycubs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CF25244C-DDE0-4246-9DF0-68E0E0DF2EE4@microsoft.com: > I've got a client who wants to just be able to type in email in the > browser for OWA rather than http://email/exchange. Does anyone know > h...

E-mail Addresses Tab Not Displaying in AD Users and Computers
Howdy, With Win2k3 & Exchange 2k3 SP2. I have several users that are not displaying the "E-mail Addresses" Tab on the properties of their user object. As well they do not list in the GAL. Any ideas or pointers would be helpful. Thanks, Dan Foxley That would suggest that they are not mail or mailbox enabled. In ADUC right click, Exchange tasks.... Nue <danfoxley@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146514613.576153.123400@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Howdy, > > With Win2k3 & Exchange 2k3 SP2. I have several users that are not > displaying the "...

Automatic answer for DL
Is it possible send an automatic answer for messages received in a DL distributed list of exchange 5.5 ? []s Clieton Silva Brazil Hello: It is not possible "out of the box." There are probably third party programs to do that or some type of script. Personally, I would just create a mailbox and add it to the DL. Set up a rule on the mailbox to reply at all messages and don't use the mailbox for anything else and hide it from the GAL if you want. Regards, Martin "Cleiton Silva" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00cd01c4a57d$41e...

Automatic email address completion
Automatic email address completion was working on Outlook 2000. I installed Office 2000 pro as an upgrade inorder to use access. After the install the automatic naming function does not work. Does anyone have an idea about restarting this function. Thanks, Zac "Zac Adams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:a00301c3eb51$f16ce5f0$a001280a@phx.gbl: > Automatic email address completion was working on Outlook > 2000. I installed Office 2000 pro as an upgrade inorder > to use access. After the install the automatic naming > function does n...

Different kind of cell reference.
I have a need to calculate a formula that I don't know how to reference. The following is the pattern that I could hard code. Basically, I have a value for each year, and need to interpolate monthly values. Is there a more generic way of entering these cells? =D1 + (D15-D1)*1 =D1 + (D15-D1)*2 =D1 + (D15-D1)*3 =D1 + (D15-D1)*4 =D1 + (D15-D1)*5 =D1 + (D15-D1)*6 =D1 + (D15-D1)*7 =D1 + (D15-D1)*8 =D1 + (D15-D1)*9 =D1 + (D15-D1)*10 =D1 + (D15-D1)*11 =D1 + (D15-D1)*12 =D30 + (D30-D15)*1 =D30 + (D30-D15)*2 =D30 + (D30-D15)*3 =D30 + (D30-D15)*4 =D30 + (D30-D15)*...

Automatically adding a calendar entry on individual calendars.
Greetings, We have Exchange Calendars for out Techs. Our scheduler has to add all the calls every morning for each tech to go to customer sites. The sheduler has to also add the Job Ticket to our customer database before adding the entry to the tech calendar. Is there a way to have the Job Ticket software send the appointment to the Exchange Calendar automatically when the Job Ticket is entered? What does Exchange/Outlook need to add the appointment? Seems like there should be a way to do this. Thanks, FreeAgent99 ...

Deleting rows when cell has "#DIV/0!" error
Hi, I'm currently using this code to delete rows with balnk cells. However, i have changes the formatting of my sheet and the cells are no longer blank they have the "#DIV/0!" error. How can I delete the entire row when the cell in column D has that value? Sub DeleteRowsIfDIsBlank() With payrollsht Dim rg As Range, rgBlank As Range Set rg = Cells.Range("D:D") On Error Resume Next Set rgBlank = rg.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks) On Error GoTo 0 If rgBlank Is Nothing Then Else rgBlank...

email without full web access to employees
Please help! Can I let employees send and receive email without allowing full web access to them? ...

CTabCtrl tabs and tooltips
Does anyone know how to get a tooltip to appear when hovering over tabs in a CTabCtrl? I can get tooltips to appear on all tabs except the first using the following code... // pTips is a CToolTipCtrl (created and everything) // pTabCtrl is a CTabCtrl control pTabCtrl->SetToolTips( pTips ); pTips->AddTool( pTabCtrl, text, rect, index ); -- it ASSERT's when adding tooltip to the first tab (index = 0) -- since I am using a single line tab control, when you use the little scroll buttons at the side the rect is wrong and the tooltips don't correspond to the correct tab. Does anyone k...

Formatting Cells Question
Hi I am having troubles with formatting cells in EXCEL 2003. I have a column of many hundreds of rows lthat contain data like this: 01Jan12 on fist glance this looks like a date but it really is not. EXCEL on the other automatically assumes it is a date and formats as such. 2001-Jan-12 I have tried formatting as text, General and even experimented with custom formats to no avail. In the same column I have 03Mar1543 Which is dispolayed exactly as is. How can I get EXCEL to simply display data like 01Jan12 exactly as is? You must format the cell as Text BEFORE typing any information...

linking emails to contacts automatically
We get a lot of incoming emails that we want linked to customers, without having to manually link/promote them. I want to write an application that will automatically link incoming emails to a contact, based on the FROM address in the email. Just curious, has anybody done anything similar? I know that you're not allowed to touch the db data directly, but I thought there might be some CRM function out there in the SDK that this might apply to? ...

Adding a split form to a tabbed page access 2007
I am trying to add the new split form in Access 2007 to a form with a tabbed control. I am able to place the subform on the correct tab page but when I view the main form and access the tab page the split is not visible, just the detail section. However, if I open the subform by itself I see the split and both the datasheet and the detail. Is there a setting that I am missing. Or should I add two subforms and skip the new feature in access? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Shaun ...

Add comments in a phonecall automatically to the notes of the pare
Hi all, I need to implement the following functionality: When a new phonecall is made for a lead, the text that was entered in the desciptionfield of the phonecall, should be copied to the notes of the lead (so, a new note should be generated). For this moment, we can assume that the phonecall activity is obnly started from a lead. I know I have to insert some code in the on-save event of the phone call... But I don't know how to add a new note to the lead... Even adding the text to the desciption field of the lead would be sufficient for now... Who can help me? rgds, Ramon Hi R...

Rotating horizontal cells
Hello, I am trying to use the PivotTable using Excel 2000, but I understand this feature only works with "lists". Now, I have many cells that have data running horizontally (each data is in it's own cell) and in order to work the PivotTable I would like to know how to rotate these horizontal cells to put them in a column type of format rather than a row format. for example, Year 1980 1981 1982 1983 ... (row-current format) Rotate it to become: Year 1980 1981 1982 1983 .. .. .. Please let me know how to rotate the cells. Thank you Never mind, I figured that I have to...