Automatic transfer of data from one worksheet to another

I have two spread sheets, let's call them A and B. A could be considered the
master work sheet. It has 15 columns A -O.  The B worksheet has 13 columns,
all of them which come from A.  I have deleted Columns L and N in A when the
data is transferred to worksheet B.

I would like to know what the process is to set these up so that when I add
or delete new information to or from A, it automatically transfers the same
information to B, exclusive of  columns L and N.

Thanks very much

Lewis Shaks

0
lshanks (8)

How about a simple cell linking function?
Look at column A in Worksheet B as an example.
Link each cell in column A to the identical cell in column A in
worksheet A. Just do one linking formula in the first cell, then copy
down and across for all the other cells in the columns.
Don't forget to change the link for the 2 columns that are excluded in
worksheet B. (So columns A through K are identical in each worksheet,
but then column L in worksheet B will link to column M in workseet B.)
Since they are now linked, any changes you make to worksheet A will
automatically flow to worksheet B. Any changes you make to columns L
and N in worksheet A will be ignored in worksheet B, since you did not
link to them.

--
LACA
LACA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30381

Outlook data files
Can someone tell me and where Outlook saves its data files -- contacts, e-mail, notes, etc. All data is stored in a file with a .PST extension. Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:00b301c39beb$88cb98d0$a401280a@phx.gbl, Doug Maples wrote: > Can someone tell me and where Outlook saves its data > files -- co...

sort certain datas in a wide range of datas
Say I have 3 columns with lots of datas: Column A: Order # Column B: Part# Column C: Catergory # A2: Order# 021006 B2: 111 C2: Wire A3: Order# 021006 B3: 222 C3: Machine A4: Order# 021006 B4: 333 C4: Tool A5: Order# 021006 B5: 444 C5: Tape A6: Order# 021007 B6: 222 C6: Machine A7: Order# 021007 B7: 333 C7: Tool A8: Order# 021007 B8: 444 C8: Tape A9: Order# 021008 B9: 111 C9: Wire A10: Order# 021008 B10:222 C10: Machine A11: Order# 021008 B11:555 C11: Bearing What I n...

Update Query to Change Values From One Table To Another
Hi, I have two tables with a number of fields in each table. In one table called ACCOUNTS CHARGED the yes/no field called CHARGED is always by default "yes" everytime a record is entered in it. I want it every time to update the table called RESPEL ALL CHARGES (when running an Update Query) the identical field CHARGED by looking at the RESNO field in the table ACCOUNTS CHARGED to be the same as the RESNO field in the table RESPEL ALL CHARGES. Thanks ...

HowTo add row to series data
1) insert row with ShiftDown 2) apply new data to the newly emptied cells 3) preserve original chart series range 1) after this code row 2 is empty cells Excel.Worksheet chart = (Excel.Worksheet)book.Worksheets["Chart Data"]; Excel.Range rngToday = chart.get_Range("A2", "D2"); rngToday.Insert(Excel.XlInsertShiftDirection.xlShiftDown); 2) this puts todays date into A2 rngToday.NumberFormat = "MM/dd"; rngToday.Value = DateTime.Today; 3) OOPS - the chart data is now A3..A7 because of the insert above How do I reset the souce data to A...

Transposing data from columns to rows
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3215780710_1600263 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi, I have cut and pasted a table from an online database into a spreadsheet. It has pasted into one column. How can I format the data so that each entry appears in one row across various columns. Currently I am transposing each entry individually by paste special. Help! I have 300 to do! --B_3215780710_1600263 Content-type: text/html;...

Inputs on one sheet dependent on which sheet is visible.
I have created a workbook with a group of sheets that are agendas for client meetings. I want to create one worksheet that is a synopsis agenda that is prefilled based on the inputs of whichever agenda is selected. For example: If a client is coming in for a investment planning meeting, the advisor agenda will have different inputs than a tax planning meeting, but I want the client agenda to show the advisor agenda section based on which meeting it is. The agenda section of the advisor has inputs from a userform and also has text in cells and form comboboxes. Is it possibl...

can't add transfers to my budget
I have 3 accounts and I want to have 2 budget plans I want to have one "main" budget that has all my expenses, then another budget for my girlfriend and I's joint expenses. We have a joint account. I wanted to add the transfer from my checking into our joint account in my "main" budget. I have a group named "Transfers out of budget accounts" but I can't add anything to it or edit it. How can I accomplish this? I say one post here: http://umpmfaq.info/faq.txt that sounded hopeful, but when I tried to follow the instructions, nothing happened. Is t...

Automatic Generation of Campaign Response CRM4
Hi, Wondering if anyone can tell me if Email Router and Rule Deployment is required for the automatic generation of campaign response to work in CRM4? Many thanks! SW The e-mail router and rule deployment is one of the methods for e-mai integration in CRM as described in the implementation guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ceb5e01-de9f-48c0-8ce2-51633ebf4714&displaylang=en ....but it is not necessary to have the e-mail router installed to have campaign responses automatically created and tracked in CRM as described here in this blog: http://blogs.msdn.c...

Sorting a protected worksheet
Is it possible to Sort a protected worksheet that has protected formulas? I have a Workbook_Open sub that unprotects, then protects the active worksheet (see below). The worksheet still won't allow sorting, even though I have the AllowSorting:=True. Also, is it possible to have the code clear itself or disable the Workbook_Open sub after it runs? The original is an Macro Enabled Workbook. On open, it's refreshed, then saved on our network as Workbook.xls format. It's annoying to end user to have the code run every time they open the workbook. Sub Workbook_O...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

Delete worksheet from shared workbook
How do I delete a worksheet from a shared workbook? Take the share off, delete it and then put the share back on. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "LWSilva" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4857E125-C5DE-4233-803B-0219416C50DB@microsoft.com....

Restrict workstation to only allow logon by one user
I have a workstation on our network that should only allow a specific user or group of users to login there. I can restrict the user to a specific workstation but I want to restrict a workstation to specific users. How do I configure that? "Chegu Tom" <noemail@yahoo.com> wrote in message = news:u06pXx6vKHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a workstation on our network that should only allow a specific = user=20 > or group of users to login there. I can restrict the user to a = specific=20 > workstation but I want to restrict a workstation to ...

Something destroying Money data
My MS Money 2007 software was working fine, and then a few months ago, there were transactions missing. I went for backups, and it seemed every time I opened a MOney file there were fewer transactions--it was truly weird. Thinking a file had been accidentally deleted, I used a file recovery program and retrieved file and backup - also no data. So I just put the whole thing aside and out of mind, but tried again today and searched all partitions for mny and mbf files.. Same result, if anything fewer transactions. Is there some virus or other malware that eats Money files? I guess I can d...

XML into DataSet
Hi. I need some help. I have an xml file what will contain hundreds of groups and will have an associated xsd. My overall goal is to have a web application that allows a user to input a groupID from a webform, the application will than find that groupID in the xml file and display all the related information for that group only. I have read my xml into a DataSet and have been able to successful find groupID and display some of the information for that particular group. But I have been unable to navigate to the groupsItems node and subsequently the details of each groupItem found in gro...

Excel example-formula C4+C5 adds before data in C5 Can I get it t.
I'm trying to create a formula (for example): In cell D5 I want it to add C4+C5. I would like it to work only after there is data in C5, but not before. How can I get it to work only when there is data in C4 & C5? Right now its showing what I have in C4. =if(count(c4:c5)<2,"Not enough values!",c4+c5) New Excel User wrote: > > I'm trying to create a formula (for example): > In cell D5 I want it to add C4+C5. I would like it to work only after there > is data in C5, but not before. How can I get it to work only when there is > data in C4 & C5? R...

Paste Several Values into one Cell
Hi all. I have data in several cells (I2:GJ2) on one row. I want to copy all of this data into one cell as it appears now (in a particular sequence). Is this possible? Thx in advance. Not sure if this is what you want but to concatenate data from several cells into 1 cell, use formula =Concatenate(I2," ",H2," ",G2) just add more cell references with commas and " " to give a space between each cell value for all the cells you want. "sgarrett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:110F5183-D1CE-4C5A-A7F8-90D01E500FBE@micr...

One Command button for different reports
I have two controls, among others, on a particular form. One control ‘ContractNumber’ represents the specific customer (their phone number) and the ‘ContractType’ which represents the specific report. I have 5 reports, none of the reports are the same. Based on the ‘ContractNumber’ I would like to have a command button open the ‘ContractType’ for the particular customer. I realize I can have command buttons, one for each report and have a parameter query use the ‘ContractNumber’ to call up the specific report. I want one button to open different reports, say ‘Click to view customers C...

Change paths to linked external data
Hello. I have a database that has 3 external links in it: 1 is to a table in another Access Database. One is to an excel spread sheet. And, the third is to a .csv file. Is there a way in VBA to change the paths to these? Basically, i want to set up a form where the user can specify the new paths in text boxes if any of these files are moved. Anybody help me out? (Access 2007) cyb3rwolf wrote: >Hello. I have a database that has 3 external links in it: 1 is to a table >in another Access Database. One is to an excel spread sheet. And, the third >is to a .csv...

XL 2007 : Noty able to move data values in XY Scatter chart
Hi All, In Excel 2003 I can move data values (scattered points) in XY Scatter chart however this functionality is not working in Excel 2007. Any help? Tushar - Search Google for "excel 2007 deprecate chart" and one of the results is http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/2006/08/28/724641.aspx which says "Direct Manipulation of Data Points on Charts In Previous versions of Excel, data points on a chart could be dragged, resulting in their source values being changed on the worksheet. This seldom used feature has been deprecated for Excel 2007." - Mike http://www...

Delete record(s) in other cells based on value of one cell.
What I have is a protected sheet, where all columns except for 3 are protected. I cannot delete the entire row with protection turned on. So, what I need is to be able to delete the value in these three columns, only when the value in column A is "d". Any clues? Protection must remain on, users are using this spreadsheet and I cannot allow them to have access to the formulas in these other columns. Help...Micheal Provide a macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the work and reprotects the worksheet is one way around the problem. MPope wrote: > > What I have is a ...

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

UI Data Validation using XML Schema
Has anybody done UI data validation usinf XML Schemas. Any pointers will help. Thanks! ...

MFC SMTP Server and Exchange server on one network
I have a Canon MFC that is supposed to send scanned documents by email to recipients in house. All was working fine until I installed an SBS Exchange server on site. Formerly the MFC was sending emails to their ISPs email server from where they would POP it. This mechanism still works in spite of me setting the Pri DNS to the Exchange Server. Not too clear on all this but if someone could outline the steps of having both Exchange and the MFC SMTP servers running on the same network so the MFC server sends the emails to the Exchange server, I would be much obliged. Regards, fredblah If th...

Cursor automatically moves to the left in header/ footer and text boxes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, Whenever I try to type in a header or footer or a text box, the cursor automatically moves to the left. If I type really fast then it is fine, but if I stop for a moment it will automatically start typing at the beginning. I can't highlight anything (it automatically unhighlights) and I can't change fonts or sizes! I have even tried deleting office from my computer and reinstalling, but the problem is just the same. This is very frustrating. Please help! ...

Worksheet/Workbook Views
The worksheet I am working on at the moment won't let me minimise or maximise the workbook and therefore I cannot tab my worksheets to move sheets. Please help. Hi try tools / protection / unprotect workbook Cheers JulieD "SKC" <SKC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31A7AD35-3E77-4A25-B24A-AD04D0B35201@microsoft.com... > The worksheet I am working on at the moment won't let me minimise or > maximise > the workbook and therefore I cannot tab my worksheets to move sheets. > Please > help. ...