Automatic formatting of minimum/maximum value in a range.

I want that if I select a range of numbers the minimum or maximum should be
selected by a single command
0
Kumar (35)

How about cond. formatting?

1. Select the range.
2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting
3. Select "Formula Is" and copy in this:

  =OR(INDIRECT("rc",0)=MAX(rng),INDIRECT("rc",0)=MIN(rng))

where "rng" is a defined name for your range.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)
3/5/2005 12:00:27 PM
What do you want to do with that information?

If it's strictly as a query, you could set the status bar to return the min
or max of a selected range.

Right click on the right side of the status bar and choose the calculation
that you wish to see displayed when a range of numbers is selected.
--

HTH,

RD

"Manish Kumar" <Manish Kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I want that if I select a range of numbers the minimum or maximum should be
selected by a single command

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Outlook 2003
When I type in a name to address an email, unless I have mailed them already and they appear on the recently used list, I then get a Check Names dialogue box and have to then search for additional names, even though the name is in the Address Book. Not sure why this is happening - I do have the Option to Suggest Names checked? Any ideas? Thanks State the steps you are using more clearly. You are talking about two completely different features here, the first is autocompletion, the second autoresolution. The latter will not prompt you for a search unless you have entered an invali...

Category color changes when changing values.
When I copy a chart I get two identical ones. When I change the values of one of the charts and sort the values, Excel changes the colors of the categories to a preset order, so that the color of the biggest customer in chart 1 is not the same as this same customer (let's say now on the third place) in chart 2. Is there a way to prevent this? ...

Activity report
I'm trying to write a report showing completed activities for users and another for accounts (clients). Boy, is it ugly! In version 1.2, with Crystal Reports, the HTML emails looked just fine -- it would format the HTML with no problem. How do I get the same result with SSRS? (version 2000) Thanks, Karla you mean you are trying to report on the contents of an email activity? If so this cannot be done without some custom solution, its also logged as a bug. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowe...

How make range of Hyperlinks?
I see how to make a single cell into a Hyperlink but what if we want to have all email and web addresses in a spreadsheet turn into hyperlinks? Is there an easy way to turn this on and off? Hi for making hyperlinks in your selected range have a look at the following macro: Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues)) With Worksheets(1) .Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=cell, _ Address:=cell.Value, _ ScreenTip:=cell.Value, _ TextToDisplay:=cell.Value End Wit...

How can I Enable a Check Box based on another fields value?
Hi There, I have a form with a disabled check box. I need to enable it when a certain value ("approved") is selected from a combo box. When I am in Form Design View and I have the Check Box selected the Conditional Formatting menu item on the Format menu is greyed out. I am using Access 2003. Can you tell me what I need to do to make this work? Many thanks, David As you've discovered, Conditional Formatting isn't availabe to checkboxes. Try this: Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.YourComboBox = "Approved" Then YourCheckBox.Enabled = True Else YourChe...

Newbie: can't get a calculated value on the form?
I have a table with numbers and a form that shows the numbers. I have a query that takes one of the numbers and mulitplies it. I put a text box on the form from the query result field, but I get a "#Name" error instead of the result. When I run the query, I get the correct result. Help, please? Ed "Ed from AZ" <prof_ofwhat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d1e7d27c-11d9-4696-8d19-4c5fdd9dbb89@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I have a table with numbers and a form that shows the numbers. I have > a query that takes one of the numbers and mulitplies it. I p...

automatic warning message
Hi, Is it possible to add an automatic enterprise warning message in bottom of each email sent by Exchange 2003 Thanks Marc There are a number of 3rd party tools that do this. The easiest native way to do this is with an event sink. The following KB will step you through setting this up: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327&Product=exch2003 "Marc D" <asdasdasd@asdasd.com> wrote in message news:%23nJ75lxpFHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, Is it possible to add an automatic enterprise warning message in > bottom of each email...

one page in booklet format
How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? duff wrote: > How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then > pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Flip pages. File > Print > Pages 2 to 2 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Graph Data Values
I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spen against actual spend by a selected business area. I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections fo example: If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want th graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Othe and show the combined contracted actuals; See attached; and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the releven ranges? HELP!! Attachment filename: help.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachmen...

Converting Values to Unicode Characters
The function CHAR converts a value in the range 1-255 to to an ANSI character. Is there a way to convert values in the range 1-65,342 to Unicode characters? -- Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com Columbus, Ohio You can use VLOOKUP but you'll have to create your own lookup table of the unicode characters and I think you'll have to paste it onto the same spreadsheet.... Maybe you can find a lookup table on the internet somewhere that you can easily paste into your spreadsheet. tsides <tsides@intelligentsystemsconsulting.com> wrote: > You can use VLOOKUP but y...

automatic calculate at specific month
Hi, Can anyone help me to make a formula which can automatically calculate a retire fund: a staff join company on April 20, 2010, salary $15,000, I need to calculate his retire fund on the third month, which is June 30. So on June 30, the total retire fund on June 30 that company needs to pay should be: 275+750+750 April: 15,000/30*11days*5%=275 May: 15000*5%=750 Jun: 15000*5%=750 but July 31 onward, it will back to normal salary * 5% assume that the salary paid in April - July is in cell A1, B1,C1, D1, and retire fund for each month is in cell A2, B2, C2, D2. thanks a lo...

Passing Values from One Form to Another Including a Combo Box
Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to another by way of a command button. I have spent a week on various code taken from this site, but still no luck. Please ... someone help!! The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form. On this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91. The command button is called Command119. The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habits- Form. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter. Maurita ...

Are there functions/Or Events that are called automatically when the database file first opens and When it closes?
All, I'm assuming its "Public Function init_something()" but I can't seem to find a reference to the correct syntax. I'm using Access 2007. Basically what I'm trying to do is initialize a list of global variables and I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Option Compare Database Public VariableName As String 'Call Init - Will throw an error 'VariableName = "Hello World" - Will throw an error Option Explicit Public Function Init() VariableName = "Hello World" End Function Private Sub btName_Click() ...

Keeping a range constant when inserting rows
Hello, I'm trying to keep a range of cells constant within a function when I insert a row (e.g. average(a1:a6) becomes average(a1:a7) but I want it to keep the a1:a6 range). Even if I use absolute cell references ($a$1:$a$6), it doesn't help. I would greatly appreciate any ideas. Thanks, Jeff Jeff, In your formula, use: =AVERAGE(INDIRECT("A1:A6")) Absolute cell references (dollar signs) do one thing only: They keep any copies you make of the cell references from changing relatively as they're copied. They still change when the cells to which they refer are m...

Some accounts will not sync automatically
I have just changed to a different computer still using Win XP I have moved all my email accounts to WLM on the new computer BUT 2 of the accounts do not sync automatically. Yes they do have a tick in the box to include when sending or receiving. If I select these accounts individually from the sync menu they will sync perfectly but not automatically. I am baffled. I have compared all settings with those on the old computer and they are identical. Pleas can someone help me. What type of accounts are they (POP3, IMAP, HTTP)? How many accounts do you have? You might be runnin...

References omit formatting and return cell address
In two cases of references between worksheets, the formatting from the original cell does not appear in the cell that it is referenced to. Case 1: Worksheet 1, A1 contains a currency formatted number - $2,000 Worksheet 2, A1 references the Workhseet 1, A1 cell using the = sign, yet it returns 2000 (unless I manually reformat the Workksheet 2 cell to Currency Case 2: Worksheet 3, A1 contains an apartment # - e.g. 4 Worksheet 4, A1 references this cell but returns the cell address - Worksheet2,!A1' - rather than the number 4. I tried different formats for the number 4,...

Conditional Formatting based on deadlines #2
Excellent! Thanks! My brain gets confused between what you can use i formulas and what can be used in VBA. Alex Delamain Wrote: > Under conditional formatting set condition 1 > Formula is =+$E2<=NOW()+7 > > Then apply your forma -- madblok ----------------------------------------------------------------------- madbloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1442 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27448 NOW() has a date and time component TODAY() has only a date component Ok, incorpo...

CRM 1-2 -> 3.0 Input string was not in a correct format. (upgrade
I've the same error during the upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0. I've tried without any opportunity to make sure not to have est. revenue data but the error is still there during upgrade. It happens during the ImportDefaultDataAction step near the end of the upgarde process. Otherwise 1.2 wasn't giving the error. Any idea? thanks in advance Refering to http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?query=input+string&dg=microsoft.public.crm&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=8d3f188d-a0E9-40e4-86e2-46508a35c759&...

How do I chart the same data cell on a range of worksheets?
I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or consolidate onto another worksheet ? Keith - You need to create a consolidated data range: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Keith wrote: > I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or > consolidate onto another worksheet ? ...

storing value in form field
Hello, I want to get values from a pop-up date form to insert in a text box on another form. Problem is when I close the date form, the value that the text box was referring to is gone. Is there a quick way to save the value in the main form until new dates are typed in? Thanks You should be able to hide the form rather than close it. "ryan" <ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49EA576C-544E-4A18-B4FB-4F7AF6D2951E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I want to get values from a pop-up date form to insert in a text box on > another form. Problem...

problem with mulit-column value list combo box
I am trying to read the values of 2 columns of the selected item in a multi-column combo box. cboField1 is the multi-column combo box cboField1.rowsource=3Dr1c1;r1c2;r2c1;r2c2;r3c1;r3c2..... cboField1 Row Source Type=3DValue List cboField1 Column Count=3D2 Me("cboField1").ItemData(2) gives me the value for column #1 in row #2 Me("cboField1").Column(1) gives me the value for column #2 in row #1 I can't find the syntax for getting the value for column #2 in row #2. Thanks for any help! THANKS! David G. On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:38:31 -0500, Dav...

match destination formatting
Is there a way for me to set "Match Destination Formatting" when I am pasting text into Outlook & Word? ...

Simultaneously Formatting Charts
In Excel 2002 is it possible to format more than one chart at a time or do they have to each be formatted individually? Is it possible to format one chart and apply the formatting to other existing charts? I have a series of charts that need the same formatting and I'm looking for a ay to only do it once and thus save a lot of time. Thanks! You can format one chart Select that chart, and copy it Select another chart, anc choose Edit>Paste Special Select Formats, click OK Select another chart, and press the F4 key, to repeat the previous action. Artsy wrote: > In Excel 2002 is...

Automatic caps lock
Rather new here, couldn't find in an nntp search, or on the web side. Q: How can I automatically turn on caps lock when I boot excel? Remedial, I know, but you all are soooo much more advanced than I. Try these, Birdy: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/change_the_case_of_text_in_cells_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Birdy" <Birdy.63@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Mmng%23JgFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Rather new here, couldn't find in an nntp search, or on the web side. > Q: How ...

How to have a chart automatically adjust range as I add data entr.
I have a spreadsheet linked to an access database. The spreadsheet refreshes every 60 seconds automatically. I want to track current performance by using a chart that shows the last 25 data points entered. It is impractical to manually change the chart range each time a data entry is added. How can I make it change automatically to only include the last 25 entries? Hi, See Jon's explanation of the technique http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html Cheers Andy AdamCPTD wrote: > I have a spreadsheet linked to an access database. The spreadsheet refreshes > every 6...