Automatic font color

A customer had a problem with printing excel documents today. The text
prints a very light grey. It seems that the automatic setting is a light
gray color. No matter which document I open, the color for automatic is
light gray. If I open a new document, same problem. How can I change this so
the default automatic color will be black? I do not have much experience
with Excel. I don't use it, but I need to help find an answer.

Thanks in advance
MrB

0
brooksro (3)

I'm sorry, This is Office 2K with the Excel problem.

"MrB" <brooksro@REMOVEALLCAPSadelphia.net> wrote in message
> A customer had a problem with printing excel documents today. The text
> prints a very light grey. It seems that the automatic setting is a light
> gray color. No matter which document I open, the color for automatic is
> light gray. If I open a new document, same problem. How can I change this
so
> the default automatic color will be black? I do not have much experience
> with Excel. I don't use it, but I need to help find an answer.
>
> Thanks in advance
> MrB

0
brooksro (3)
2/19/2004 1:30:32 AM
This message has been up for 2 days without a reply. Very unusual. Did I
forget some necessary info? If not, let me ask this. I know that in Word,
you can delete the normal template and word will rebuild it. Does this work
with Excel? If so, what is the filename of the Excel template?

> I'm sorry, This is Office 2K with the Excel problem.
>
> "MrB" <brooksro@REMOVEALLCAPSadelphia.net> wrote in message
> > A customer had a problem with printing excel documents today. The text
> > prints a very light grey. It seems that the automatic setting is a light
> > gray color. No matter which document I open, the color for automatic is
> > light gray. If I open a new document, same problem. How can I change
this
> so
> > the default automatic color will be black? I do not have much experience
> > with Excel. I don't use it, but I need to help find an answer.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > MrB

0
brooksro (3)

Update Links Automatically
Running Excel XP and was wondering is there a setting which will automatically update any external links that I have referenced, without the dialog option of "Do you want to update links" etc Thanks There's a setting you can toggle. Tools|options|edit tab Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links" Then the prompt goes away, but the links are updated. This is your own setting--it affects all the workbooks you open, but won't affect anyone else when they open that workbook. (They'd have to change their setting, too.) John wrote: > > Running Excel XP...

microsoft excel does not calculate
In large workbooks (> 10MB) I found that often Excel does not calculate. I have to enter the cursor in the cell (or the formula bar) and press enter, so that the formula is recalculated. However, my calculation is set on automatic (Tools/Options/Calculate etc.). Does somebody know why this happens and has an answer? Try the last option on this page and see if it is likely to be your issue:- http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsf.htm -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 --------------------...

Change background / color of chart worksheet?
Need steps to change the color or backgound of the worksheet that is a chart. Have multiple tabs in workbook that are just the charts. Only option for background is to use Format-Sheet-Background. That changes background of chart, but not the grey areas around the chart on the chart tab. You need to select the Chart Area (what you call the, "grey areas around the chart") and format that. There are 2 separate, "parts" to a chart:- 1. The Plot Area (which you seem to have formatted OK) and the 2. Chart Area. You need to select each of them to format th...

Colorizing emails sent to alternate domain
Hi there everyone, I am using Exchange 2003 Server with Outlook 2003. I have two domains and receive email from both domains in the same mailbox. I want to use the "Organize" feature in Outlook 2003 to apply a different color to emails sent to a specific domain. For some reason this doesn't work. I can setup everything under "Tools > Organize > Using Colors" but when I type in the email address I want to apply coloring to it just resolved to my name. joepublic@mycompany.com < normal joepublic@mycompany.ca < green (or some other color)' Howev...

different fonts when I concatenate
I am concatentating a group of Excel cells. The first cell has bold font and when I concatenate it, the bold disappears. Also, need to put a return in the formula to get second cell to go to next line. Can anyone help me? ...

How do I find the location of the font control in Win XP
Hi All, I'd like to change my fonts every now and then but don't know where to find them. Could someone please tell me where they are an how to use them? Thanks, Don Don, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have better luck posting this on a newsgroup related to Windows Fonts. Try... microsoft.public.word.printingfonts -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work...

font printing problem of imported visio file inside power point file
I am having a problem with VISIO 2002 with PowerPoint 2000. I made a drawing with some fonts with VISIO 2002. Then I copied the drawing and pasted into PowerPoint file. In screen, I can clearly see the font. When I print the file, drawings are there but there are no font from printed paper. Would you please help me out regarding this problem? ...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Can't get bar code font to work in EXCEL 2003
I have a simple formula that converts a part number to a 3 of 9 bar code font in Excel 2003. Works great on my computer but a co-worker, who also has Excel 2003, can't get this to work. On her PC it show the 3 of 9 font in the drop down box but in the cell it is not converting it to a bar code image. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tony Most likely the font is not installed properly... She needs to reinstall the font. It can be done through Control Panel -> Fonts if you have the font available. "Tony" wrote: > I have a simple formula that conve...

Color Break in Line Charts?
I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. In the projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes from actual to projected. Is there a way to make the line or the x-axis change colors at the point that the date does so (i.e., have the line turn green halfway through the chart)? Thank you in advance. On Oct 23, 8:39=A0am, Mr. Platypus <MrPlaty...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. =A0In the > projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes fr= om...

Modified Reports Fonts
We are running Great Plains 7.5 on Terminal Server 2000 and on client PCs running Windows XP Pro. From a Terminal Server install, user A has been printing a modified report (cash requirments) for a couple years with a readable font. Recently we installed GP on her local machine. Now when she prints, the font is somewhat readable but noticably different then the terminal server GP. She is using the same printer and print drivers from both locations. User B prints the same modified report from terminal server and from a local install and prints to the same printer as user A, but has ...

How do you control the color/pattern of a pie chart?
I need help with my pie charts. I need to create pie charts that are easily understood in B&W. How do I set the color or pattern for each portion of my pie chart? Hi, To format a slice you need to select it first. Click the pie once to select all slices. Click again to select individual slice. You can use the Fill Effects > Patterns to fill with b/w patterns. Also in print preview the Setup dialog has a Print Black & White option on the Chart Tab. Note this is only visible if you have a chart sheet or select the chartobject before print preview. If you are printing chartobje...

inverting text box or fonts for artwork
I cannot figure out how to invert text that is inside a text box. If there is not any way to do this is there a way to invert text outside a text box? Thank you for your help Kathy The entire text box gets inverted. If you want just a line or a word to invert, you need to make a separate text box. Just make the box active, select the icon that looks like a line with an arrow head in a circle and click on it. BTW, this is with Publisher 2000. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "Kathy Keating" <revskc@mcdeb.com> wrote in message n...

Automatic Comments Boxes
I have a spreadsheet with two tabs that I use for work, One tab is inbound quantities and the other tab is the order no of that quantity. What I would like to do is where the quantity in a cell in inbound ie D8 is greater than 0 then a comment is automatically inserted quoting the value in D8 in the other tab. If this is possible it would be a great help. TIA Assuming inbound quantities are in Sheet1, Put in D8 in the other tab / sheet (for order no.) : =IF(AND(ISNUMBER(Sheet1!D8),Sheet1!D8>0),Sheet1!D8,"") -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at...

Automatic Dynamic Chart Ranges
Hi: I have an XY plot that refers to a set range of values on my worksheet In this case, it is 8 rows long. I chose 8 rows because that is th maximum number of data points that I will ever need. I have set up th chart values so that they are dynamically calculated based on VLOOKUP from other data. Sometimes there are only 2 data points, sometimes or 6. The problem is that no matter how I set up the formulas, Exce does not like the cells without values in them being included in th chart series (I have hardwired it to include all 8 rows). I thought i might ignore a blank ("" in ...

Automatically forward spam
I have used the "Customize" menu to create/assign hyperlinks so that a new message window will automatically come up with the contact's name in the "To" box. Now I want to forward a message using a hyperlink. Usually my spam is just annoying, but sometimes I get really dangerous spam that wants me to enter my bank account information. I want to forward that to: spam@uce.gov which is an agency that tracks this sort of thing. Is there a way to assign a hyperlink to forward a spam mail to them? ...

Shrinking font in Report Text Box
I have strings of varying length that I need to display in the same text box, so I would like to be able to shrink the text if it would otherwise be truncated. I've read other, similar posts but still have a question. It seems that Lebans AutoSizeFont is the right module for me to download (http://www.lebans.com/autosizefont.htm), but having done that, I'm not sure how to "apply" it to the text box in question. I've got no experience using modules. Could someone walk me through it? Thanks, Keith Keith wrote: >I have strings of varying length that I need to...

Outlook XP: No automatic receive
I have an Outlook XP installation on a networked Windowx XP PC. It is linked to an MS Exchange server. Outlook is set to receive messages automatically once every 5 minutes (Tools / Options / Mail Setup / Send-Receive). The appropriate box is ticked, the time is set to 5 minutes, yet mail only arrives when the user presses the Send/Receive button. Any suggestions how to make Outlook do what it is supposed to do? OL2002: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use the Network Address Translation http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305572&Pr...

Can charts automatically change by entering new range of dates
I am creating a Dashboard report for my Accounting department at work and I have a weekly one I set up with links for the series of a chart to another worksheet. Easy. But what I am trying to do is instead of creating a new one each week by changing the link location for the data is there a way I can just enter in a range of dates and the charts automatically change and filer in the new data without me having to change the link in the series where the data entry is coming from?? You can define a dynamic range that adjusts to dates you enter into cells. I wrote a somewhat involved tut...

delete rows when any cells in column A is filled in RED color
Hi people, I need your help for a VB code that can delete the rows with any cells in column A being filled in RED color ? Alternatively, it will be fine for me if you have the code that can move the rows to the top when there are cells being filled in RED color in column A . Thanks in advance for help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements If the colors are ...

Damaged Fonts with Office 2004?
When I run FontDoctor or Extensis Suitcase's font diagnostic/repair program, six fonts that come with MS Office 2004 are reported to be damaged. The message indicates that the resource fork for the following fonts is damaged: MS Gothic.ttf MS Mincho.ttf MS PGothic.ttf MS PMincho.ttf PMingLiU.ttf SimSun.ttf These fonts come this way on the Office 2004 CD. Are these fonts actually damaged, or is this just some quirk of FontDoctor and Suitcases' diagnostic treatment of Windows Truetype fonts? ...

font problem
I've got a problem with speech marks not appearing in a document with a = certain font. The font I'm using is Abbey Old Style SF. If I type: "some text", = (using shift+2 on my keyboard) the speech marks appear as small squares = instead. =20 However I can go to Windows Character Map, choose Abbey Old Style font, = select the quotation mark, copy it and paste it into the document and = they appear! I've just tried this, and I have the same problem in Word. Please could someone enlighten me. I have to use this font in this = document, and I'd rather not have to c...

Set the color of grid depend on variable
I'd like to set the color of cells (sheet1) [A1...A8] -> Red [A9...A28] -> Green [A29...A44] -> Blue [A45...A54] -> Red .... based on data from sheet2 Start Stop Color 1 8 Red 9 28 Green 29 44 Blue 45 54 Red ..... How to do it ? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Radoslaw Krzyzan , pl.communicator@radek http://www.communicator.pl , ICQ 4336523 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi for only three colors have a look at 'format - conditional Format'. For more than 3 conditions you need VBA -- ...

How to change the default font size for outlook express?
I would like change default font size for outlook express? the default font size is 10, and I prefer 12 as default. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Tools | Options | Compose. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:975D75C0-1CA0-4325-A9D6-EC7510AFA86C@microsoft.com... >I would like change default font size for outlook express? the default >font > size is 10, and I prefer 12 as default. > Does anyone hav...

Turning a row color to "yellow" if one date field is greater than another.
I would like to automatically turn a row color to yellow if the current date is greater than a "needed by" date column. What is the best way to do this? Hi Select the rows necessary and then go to Format/Conditional Formatting. If your 'needed by' date is in column D use 'Formula Is' and then in the box type: =$D1=today() Hope this helps. Andy. "Ray Stevens" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:umTvfnURGHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I would like to automatically turn a row color to yellow if the current >date is greater than a &q...