Automatic Disable of Autoformat in Excel without selecting range of cells

Hi,

Please help on how to automatically disable autoformat in
excel without specifying the range of cells that do not
need formatting.

Thanks.

Do you want Excel to stop copying the formatting from rows above? If so,
you can do the following:

1. Choose Tools>Options.
2. On the Edit tab, remove the check mark from
       'Extend list formats and formulas'
3. Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd (439)

Splitting a cell???
I have a long list of data combined in once column by cell. The data in each cell includes a phone number and address. I would like to split that data into two different cells. Is this possible and if so how? The data looks like this: (555) 555-5555 999 Broadway, Apt A etc. etc.. etc... Any advise? Brw Try <Data> <TextToColumns> Check "FixedWidth", <Next> Read the directions to move the break line to the end of the phone numbers and eliminate any others, Then <Finish> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corr...

Select Method of Range class failing???
Hello, I keep getting the following error in my macro: Run-time error '1004': Select method of Range class failed When simply trying to select cell A1 in a worksheet of mine. I can' figure out for the life of me why this would be failing. Here's m script (literally): Range("A1").Select I am simply trying to position the cursor on a worksheet in preparatio for a possible operation. I have never had this fail on me before an I can't figure it out now. Any ideas why this might be happening? Thanks in advance, -Pet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelF...

visible cell only

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

SIP/RTC Audio Codec selection
Hi, When a SIP invite is made with the available codecs, what determines which codec is used? I've followed msdn doc http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee501014.aspx to set the prefered codec but this does not work. I also did not see any API calls that will either set the codec to be used or force a specific codec for use in any session. Is their a way to do this? I'm using WinCE 6 R2. ...

move cell contents

Excel not Access

help with simple maths in excel

Before Update on record select

Opening Excel Workbooks

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Automatic incremental of records
I have a table with several records and arranged serially, i.e 1,2,3 .....25. When I delete arecod like record number 3 I would like record number 4 to become record number 3. But in my case Record number 4 still remains serial number 4 although it is actually the third record. Is there a way it can be done automatically? njogus wrote: > I have a table with several records and arranged serially, i.e 1,2,3 > .....25. When I delete arecod like record number 3 I would like > record number 4 to become record number 3. But in my case Record > number 4 still remains serial number ...

Excel DNS query