automatic copy cells into other worksheet??

i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it
automatically inserted in another worksheet.
is this possible??  if so how??

cheers.
0
Hall1 (11)

Hiiiiiiii dear
hope u are ok
go the  sheet2 cell A1 and type =Sheet1!A1
and Drag it
and now go to sheet1 and type something in Cell A1 and A2 and A3 and then
check them in sheet2 Colum u will find what u have written
hope it may work for uuuuu
good luck

"Matt Hall" wrote:

> i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it
> automatically inserted in another worksheet.
> is this possible??  if so how??
>
> cheers.
if it is one cell only try this
suppose you want sheet1 A1 to be copied in sheet2 A1 then in sheet 2 A1 type
=sheet1!A1
now whatever you type in sheet1 A1 will be copiesd in sheet2 A1
 if there are many cells
name the range in A1 sheet1 e.g. RV

goto sheet 2 highlight thes same n;umber of cells and type
=RV
and hit *********control+shift+enter
as this is an erray formula

otherwise you can create a macro in vba

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email

===============

"Matt Hall" <Matt Hall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it
> automatically inserted in another worksheet.
> is this possible??  if so how??
>
> cheers.

How do I add row total when cell contains both number and letter .
I have a timesheet spreadsheet. Cell contents include hours and coding. Example: 8 (8 hours regular pay-no letter) or 8V (8 hours vacation pay). I want to have a total at the end but my formula will only read the cells that don't have a letter after the number. If the text value is always "V" you could use something like =SUM(IF(RIGHT(A18:A21,1)="V",VALUE(LEFT(A18:A21,LEN(A18:A21)-1)),A18:A21)) entered as an array formula (control-shift -return) If there are other codes than just V, it gets a little more complex. if the coding is never more than just one charac...

How do I indicate a empty or blank cell in an IF function?
I am trying to do a simple IF function but don't know how to indicate if a cell is empty or blank then I want a certain text value returned. What I am trying is: =IF('Sheet 1'!A15=IS NULL,"NO","YES") What I want is if the cell indicated on an other sheet is empty or blank then the word NO to appear in the formula cell and if it does have text then YES to appear. How can I do this? Hope I made myself clear enough. I couldn't figure out how to ask help the right way to get the correct answer. Thanks for all of your help! Never Mind. I seem to ha...

Excel 2003
When I click on the end of a formula in a cell, I usually get all the associated cells highlighted with different coloured borders. I have one workbook with several sheets where this no longer happens on just one sheet. Is there some option I need to turn on in the sheet to make the coloured cell borders appear? Or might it be something to do with very recently using automaic update to bring my Office 2003 up to date? Any assistance much appreciated. Tom Walker You should always get *exactly* the same actions if you would click in the formula bar. As far as having the cell itself h...

Forwarding email automatically
I have an employee leaving the company. Boss wants all her email forwarded to another employee. Can I set this up in ESM or do I need to login into her Outlook and setup a rule policy. Go to user properties in AD Users & Computers | Exchange General | Delivery Options and forward to the other user (under forwarding address -> forward to: field) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "AllenM" <allen.miyake@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uxKr1SQAGHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I ha...

Inserting Multiple Worksheets?
Is it possible insert multiple blank worksheets into a workbook? I.E. I want to insert 20 fresh worksheets without having to insert one shee 20 times. Also, supposing I have a set of tabs with each one corresponding to th day of the month, is it possible to somehow drag more worksheets tab that would continue the naming system -- Mr Zer ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mr Zero's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1558 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27724 Hi you can insert...

Move worksheets into separate workbooks
-- De Lot of info Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D95D397-4807-4487-9804-25641B4AC861@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Many, many thanks Ron. That macro worked brillantly and saved me from a very tedious job. Thanks, again -- De "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Lot of info > > Try this > http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm > > > > -- > Regards Ron de Bruin > http://www.rondebruin.nl > > >...

Protecting Worksheets #2
Win XP HE, SP1 Excel 2002 SP3 Hi, How can I protect the 25 worsheets contained in single workbook AT ONCE? I dt want to have to do it manually for each sheet.... Tx, S You will need a for/each looping macro -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OtKnfpLAFHA.4044@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Win XP HE, SP1 > Excel 2002 SP3 > > Hi, How can I protect the 25 worsheets contained in single workbook AT ONCE? > I dt want to have to do it manually for each sheet.... > Tx, > S > > D...

Copied text from Notepad disappears when pasted to Outlook XP
This seems to be a recurring but intermittent problem. ...

Color rows based on date in a cell?
Programming question? Hopefully so. Excel novice here I would like to color a row yellow at a certain date, then red at another. This is for a project and the yellow and red correspond to due dates. Say at 12/11/2009 the row is yellow. At 12/19/2009 it is red. I would also like to color a row (some color) when a 100% is reached in the "completed %) cell. Help is appreciated! Ignore, as this is now in General Excel forum,, "tbo" wrote: > Programming question? Hopefully so. > Excel novice here > > I would like to color a row yellow at a certai...

Cell formatting 04-06-10
I am sure I am doing something incredibly stupid here but just cant seem to figure this out. I have a budget work sheet. The first column is the account number. the next twelve columns are each month's budget (Jan-Dec). In the original budget file, some numbers were simply keyed in and others are formulas. (Some are a gross # times a percentage and others a gross # divided by 12 months). I am creating a text file to import the budget data into my financial system. The first thing I did was to take the budget file and copy it into its own file by using paste spe...

Copy or Move
Dear All I have lot of work sheets in one excel work book , i want all work sheet in one sheet. is there any possiblities to move all sheet to one sheet without coppy or cut and paste thanks You can use a macro to copy or move the data for you. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Fareez" wrote: > Dear All > I have lot of work sheets in one excel work book , i want all work sheet in > one sheet. is there any possiblities to move all sheet to one sheet without > coppy or cut and paste > thanks > Hi, look into Ron web http://www....

Paste into visible cells
I have a situation where I'm trying to copy a range (e.g. A1:D5) into a sheet with hidden rows. I cannot find a way to paste into visible cells only. (I can copy FROM visible cells only, but cannot paste TO visible cells only). Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? -- ERR229 Sometimes you can sort the range first--so that your intended paste range is nicely grouped. Then paste. ERR229 wrote: > > I have a situation where I'm trying to copy a range (e.g. A1:D5) into a > sheet with hidden rows. I cannot find a way to paste into visible cells only. > (I can c...

How to protect a cell INSTANTLY the moment the data is entered!!
Hello, I want to know how to protect the cell at the very moment data i keyed in and entered without using the protection option in the tool' bar! I would like the process to be automatic!! for example: in cell B if i type in the word "king" and press ENTER! after this i must not b able to modify the word as the cell should be automatically protected if any one has a response to this please reply i would be eagerl waiting for it! thanx! Mot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could do this by having the cell unprotected>entering the data>have a workshee...

Project 2007
One of my students has some tasks which will be repeated at different points during the project (Reoccurring task won't work in this case). Is there a way to copy and paste his extensive note information without having to open the Task Information window each time? Selecting the task row to copy and paste won't bring over the notes. In article <8FB23A12-C779-4370-9749-D9758403B352@microsoft.com>, Mikel Anne <MikelAnne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > One of my students has some tasks which will be repeated at different points > during the project (...

Is there a limit to the number of worksheets in an excel file?
I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). Per the XL help file, the no. of worksheets is only limited by memory. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. >Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding >worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). >. > ...

Problem copying named range
I have a named range on a Lookup sheet which I am trying to copy to a destination on the main sheet (Mobiles). The range named PlugIn occupied V4:Z4 on the Lookup sheet and has a border round the entire area (none internal). This is a region title and only has text in V4. Using the following bits of code to copy the range to V6 on the Mobiles sheet, I end up with the text in V6 as expected, but the border only surrounds V6, not V6:Z6. With Worksheets("Lookup") Set PlugIn = .Range("PlugIn") End With PlugIn.Copy (Worksheets("Mobiles").Ran...

Counting an entry to a cell
Using Excel 2007 I would like to get a formula that will allow me to count entries in column C, but if an entry is made in column D that would supersede what is in column C. When an entry is made into column H I would like the total for columns C or D to reflect this i.e. total number counted should drop. I have listed names at top of s/sheet and totals are to sit in H1, H2 etc. Hope you can assist. Let me know if you require additional info. Cheers, Paul You have an answer at your duplicate posting - please do not multi- post. Pete On Aug 7, 10:25=A0am, slavenp <slav...@discussi...

Pulling data from one cell to another
A column contains people's first name and last seperated by a comma. Ho can I tell excel to pull everything after the comma to B column an leave the first name in Column A? Thank -- inthewa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- intheway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=672 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26918 intheway, have a look at data text to columns, post back if you need more help on this -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post a...

Automatic Underlining of Outgoing Emails
From the beginning, all my outgoing emails are automatically being underlined. I turn the underlining off, and the text appears to be not underlined, but when I send a test document to myself, the document I get back is all underlined text. I'm using Word 2003 as my e-mail editor. In Word 2003 options-general-email options-personal..... i turned of all underlining. Now the text still appears to be not underlined, but the outgoing message is all underlind text. When i turn off Word 2003 as my e-mail editor, the problem is solved Please help me get rid of this annoying and unsightly ...

worksheet 401 error
Hi We are getting the following error when processing a worksheet 401 at one of our stores (the same worksheet processed fine at the other 18 stores) <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147467259: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. UPDATE PurchaseOrderEntry SET Price Any suggestions on where to start looking/ See if there are any custom triggers on any of the tables, i had this problem with a custom trigger on th item table. -- Stephen Zwar...

How can I link to a specific worksheet from a webpage?
When I am on a webpage, I want to click a link that then automatically links to a specific worksheet in a excelwork book. How? Already solved enter *.xls#Sheet1!A1 RMF "RMF" wrote: > When I am on a webpage, I want to click a link that then automatically links > to a specific worksheet in a excelwork book. How? ...

How do I convert an existing MS Excel worksheet tracking a simple. #2
I am a novie Excel user who has tracked the activity of my simple savings account with an Excel worksheet. I would like to set up this existing worksheet to perform autosum functions when I enter deposits, withdrawals, and interest instead of manually doing the math on a calculator to arrive at the balance total after each entry. ...

Glue/Lock cells to external data before refresh
I have a spreadsheet with a table of data which has been imported from an Access Database. If new records have been added on the database, then when I refresh the data in Excel it will add these new lines onto the spreadsheet. I need to be able to put certain comments in my spreadsheet against lines of data from the database. However, if new lines are inserted when I refresh the data, the comments can end up being next to the wrong record. Is there any way to keep my lines of comments attached to a particular record of external data, so they will move when the record does? ...

comparing cells
I need to compare two cells and color them if different, but not compare spaces. I've tried the following: Conditional formating: =B10<>C10 // But it compares spaces Formula: =IF(C10<>B10,"","Different") // But it will compare spaces and I don't know how to make it color fill C10 & B10 =exact(C10,B10) // But it will compare spaces and I don't know how to make it color fill C10 & B10 when false I'm afraid I am way over my head in this. Is there a way to move the contents of a cell to a buffer, remove spaces, make it all the same ca...

how do i separate cell value in four different cells? #2
Thanks for the tip but i think i should explain some more. If th amount is 250.50 (USD) it should be displayed in the last 5 cell excluding the dot(assuming that amount is no more than five digits an 50 cents). This shoud be a simple accounting operation to transfer a single cel ammount in to assignet cells to the right. If you have ideas... help pleas -- si ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26585 ...