Automatic Colour of Cells in Excel

I use excel for a marksheet.  A level my students 1, 2, 3, 4.
When I put a "4", for example, I usually go to format and then colour the
cell blue.  I was wondering if there was a way that Excel automatically
changes the cell colour from "standard" to "blue" when I enter 4.  and then
for "3" I would get "green" etc.
I know about the format painter icon which saves time, but i was wondering
if there was a faster way ... thanks

0
SPAGS (2)

Good morning Spags

There is a quicker way, Conditional Formatting under the format menu.
Unfortunately, it can only hold three conditions, so you would have to
have colours set up for marks 1,2 and 3 and leave 4 as the blank white
colour.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18932

You don't have to have the default as white, colour all the cells a colour,
and set the 3 conditions for other colours. Voila, 4 colours.

--

HTH

RP

"dominicb" <dominicb.1uru2b_1125731104.7756@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:dominicb.1uru2b_1125731104.7756@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Good morning Spags
>
> There is a quicker way, Conditional Formatting under the format menu.
> Unfortunately, it can only hold three conditions, so you would have to
> have colours set up for marks 1,2 and 3 and leave 4 as the blank white
> colour.
>
> HTH
>
> DominicB
>

> --
> dominicb
> dominicb's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18932
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401653

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
9/3/2005 8:51:21 AM
Thanks to both responses!  You saved me at least 5 minutes every time I
record marks!  I'm ready for the beginning of the school year!

Cheers!
Spags!
0
SPAGS (2)