Automatic Calculations

Hi,

For some reason the calculations made in my Excel documents require
manual action, instead of being executed automatically.

I have tried switching to automatic, but it switches back each time
restart Excel.

Is this a known problem or can I fix this

Hi

The status of the calculation mode is set by the first sheet you open in
each session.

--
Andy.

"Berend Botje >" <<Berend.Botje.17y29y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Berend.Botje.17y29y@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi,
>
> For some reason the calculations made in my Excel documents require a
> manual action, instead of being executed automatically.
>
> I have tried switching to automatic, but it switches back each time I
> restart Excel.
>
> Is this a known problem or can I fix this?
>

> ---

andyb1 (494)
6/16/2004 1:29:44 PM
How many calculations are taking place within your
spreadsheet? There is a limit after which automatic
calcualtions won't work. If you have a huge amount of data
with formulas this may be the reason.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/16/2004 1:31:10 PM
Possibly you have not saved Excel.
Possibly you have a bad macro that correctly turned off
   screen updating and calculation for the macro but forgot
   or terminated before turning them back on.
   Calculation    will remain turned off.
Possibly you have a bad addin.
   (same problems as macro, except usually written by more
    experienced people)
Possibly Excel but very doubtful.

Calculation is going to be set by the first workbook that
is brought up by Excel,  which would probably be your
  personal.xls   workbook.   So would suggest closing
all your other open workbooks,  unhide your personal.xls
workbook, and change the calculation  and save your
personal.xls workbook then hide it again.  Close Excel.
Reopen Excel.

When I have problems like that -- I have a macro check things
that they are set to my preference.
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm#addins
---
HTH,

"Berend Botje >" <<Berend.Botje.17y29y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Berend.Botje.17y29y@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi,
>
> For some reason the calculations made in my Excel documents require a
> manual action, instead of being executed automatically.
>
> I have tried switching to automatic, but it switches back each time I
> restart Excel.
>
> Is this a known problem or can I fix this?
>

> ---

dmcritchie (2586)

Signature
When creating a signature in Ms Outlook Xp is it possible to have a subject included automatically. (subject line is always blank and needs to be filled in for every email) If so where is this setting. TIA ...

Automatically download attached images for emails
When I receive an email that has embedded graphics, say, a note from an Ebayer advising you of an item, the graphics aren't downloaded. I have to right click and manually download them. I understand that this is for security so you don't download viruses, trojans, etc.. However the email account that I use doesn't receive spam so this isn't an issue. I tried to find the option to allow the images to automatically be displayed but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone advise, please? "Snapper" wrote in message news:47e8a846$0$16297$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com... ...

Automatically create calendar item with registration?
Hi! I need assistance with figuring out how to generate an Outlook calendar item whenever people register for a webinar or other activity through our website. Is a plug-in available? Ideally, whenever someone signs up for an activity through our website, it would then forward a calendar / meeting item to their Outlook calendar blocking off the appropriate time. Any help is immensely appreciated!! You need to use an asp, javascript, or php script on your website to generate it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exc...

Problem w/ calculations in the Pager Footer
I am creating a report to record and provide information on how long a water pump station has been operating over the last 45 days. I have created the form to enter the information (on a weekly basis), a table to store the information, a query to extract the last 45 days of information and a report to display the last 45 days of information to the end user. But I don't seem to be able to get access to complete the calculations needed in the Page Footer of the report to display the the difference between the last two entries and the average difference over the last 30 days of opera...

Precision calculation
I NEED HELP! I need excel to add up the displayed values, and not the stored values. I have already changed tools/options/precision as displayed, and it is still using the stored values, what am I doing wrong? Hi Renne i would suggest to use the ROUND function on your values Frank Renee wrote: > I NEED HELP! I need excel to add up the displayed values, > and not the stored values. I have already changed > tools/options/precision as displayed, and it is still > using the stored values, what am I doing wrong? Please provide an example where "precision as displayed" ...

Delay in Entering Data After Calculate
After calculating, when I tried to change any cell used by other formulas, there is a delay of about 5-10 secs before Excel respond again. The delay goes away and I can enter inputs fine until the next time I calculate. Some details: - Manual calculation set - Excel 2003 (same problem when opened in Excel 2007 in compatibility mode) - File size ~50mb Initially I thought it was due to the file size but doing a full calculate only takes 2 sec whereas entering a number after this takes a far longer time. Though this problem did not appear when the file size is about 20mb. Also if I just do a...

Open Form Automatically in Excel File
I am not new to Excel, but I am new to using forms within the application. I've created a form to make it easier for a user to enter the information that I need in my table. But I'd like the form to open automatically when the user opens the Excel file. (Otherwise, how will they even know that a form exists for them to use?) I'm sure there has to be a way to do this, but I haven't found it yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Assuming you mean Data>form, record a macro when you open the form, right click the excel icon next to the file men...

calculated fields on a report
i have a database which measures the level of toner cartridges we have in stock. A report shows the printer, cartridge, opening stock, ordered, allocated, total in stock, reorder level and a calculated field to give =[Total In Stock]-[reorderlevel]. This all works fine. I want to display a check box that is true if the number calculated field result is 1 or less and false if it is 2 or more. I want the source of the check box to be the calculated field The calculated field name is [balance] and the check box is [re- order?] I know this can be done with code but i can't work it out...

How to Calculate a sum between a rolling data range.
Hi Please can anyone help me with this problem. I have data of results of 1,000 tests either pass or fail. Data expressed as fail fail pass pass pass pass pass pass fail pass fail etc. etc. How can I automatically find the No of fails within a rolling 30 test sample range? For example how many fails between 1 and 30, and 2 and 31, and 3 and 32, and 4 and 33 and so on to the end of 1,000 tests. Much obliged to anyone who can help. Just enter this in B1, and copy down, or, if Column A is already filled with data, simply *double click* on the fill handle of B1 to automatically copy...

Problem: New messages are automatically deleted.
Outlook 2000, SR-1. Windows 2000, SP4 Occaisionnally a user receives a new message and it goes to their Inbox for about 2 seconds then automatically moves to their Deleted Items folder. There are no rules in place. Messages can be internal or external, and can be from anyone (not one particular user). Additionally, the same message can be resent from the original sender and will not get deleted. Very hit or miss. Cannot recreate. Have searched the KB with no luck. Any ideas??? Todd Todd T. <ToddT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2000, SR-1. Windows 2000, SP4...

How to "turn off" automatic sending (create "send only" accts)
I've been using Outlook Express for quite awhile & thought it would make sense to switch to Outlook (2002). I've got one problem: I send messages from about 8 different e-mail accounts. However, I only want to receive messages on 5 of those 8 (as the other 3 are actually set up to forward to me, rather than receive directly). For each account in Outlook Express, there's a setting "Include this account when receiving or synchronizing". I'd like to find a way to essentially turn this off for those 3 accounts, but haven't yet found a way to do it. ...

Automatic chart generator
Hi, I need to analyze the Excel data. The raw data incluse six tables that are time series (around 5 measurements) for around 100 subject each. Having that I should calculate some easy formulas based on that data. I'd like to illustrate the results using MS charts. Moreover it will b useful for data entering validation. What I was planning to do was to prepare some links for predefine charts that should be interesting for me. The more flexible step was to make Excel create the charts out of ra data. I feel it will consume lots of work while programming VBA. Mayb I should use pivot...

Printing Email Attachments Automatically
I have a problem, and it might be just a glitch. When you are printing an email, there is that box that says, "Print attached files. Attachments will print to the default printer only". When I click this and print the email, it will not print all of the attachments. It's strange, because, if I have three attachments, it will print two of them. If I have two, it will print one. Like I said, this could be just a glitch, and I don't know if anyone else has run into this. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks! Wes ...

Code to calculate
Hi, I have a workbook that containing several (106) similar sheets. It� the same calculations at the same place in every sheet. Today I have formulas in the cells, but the workbook is to big (10MB) Is there a way to put a code in the sheets VBA, and by this get th same calculation in specific range? It�s always the same calculation and the same range Will it decrease the size of the WB, using code calculations, instea of cellformulas? Example of one calculation: =IF(AND(B4<=20;C4>20);(C4-20)*0,7;IF(B4>20;(C4-B4)*0,7;"0,00")) Hope someone can lead me on the right track...

Automatic e-mail check on startup.
Hello, When I startup Outlook 2003 it automatically starts checking my mailbox. Is there a setting to cancel automatic mail check on startup? Ren� Ren� wrote: > Hello, > > When I startup Outlook 2003 it automatically starts checking my > mailbox. Is there a setting to cancel automatic mail check on startup? > > Ren� Tools-Send and Receive-Send and Receive Settings-Define Send and Receive groups. Uncheck the box "Schedule an automatic send and receive every x minutes". Unfortunately the downside of this is that it does exactly that....... ...

Calculation Problem #2
How can I structure the worksheet to solve this problem. The cell value is part of the total but the cell calculation depends on the total. For example: Cell B1= 3% of cell B4 Cell B2= 5% of cell B4 Cell B3=10 Cell B4=sum(B1:b4) How can cells B1 & B2 be calculated when they're part of the total? Thank you! "Larry" <lkimball@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:4d9754e6.0310311317.695bb817@posting.google.com... > How can I structure the worksheet to solve this problem. The cell > value is part of the total but the cell calculation depends on the > total. &g...

Automatic refresh of cube
I have a pivot table linked to an SQL database via a Cube file. I would like to have automatic refresh on this file, but I need to enter a password to get accsess to the SQL. There is an option under Table options that should store the pasword for the database (from Help): "If your database prompts for a password every time you refresh, you can have Excel save the password so you won't have to enter it repeatedly. On the PivotTable toolbar, click PivotTable or PivotChart, click Table Options or Options, and then select the Save password check box. This option saves the passwo...

Re: Outlook 2002 & Automatic send & receive settings
Any other ideas? "Photo" <JohnDoe@Stealth.org> wrote in message news:... > This is nonsense. I've had mine set at 1 minute for YEARS and it's worked > perfect until last week or so. I've just posted a similar note on this > problem in this newsgroup... > > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message > news:OO1BtyC4DHA.2332@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > An unrealistically short polling interval like yours will cause this. > > Consider 10 minutes a minimum. > > -- > > Russ Valentin...

Sheet wont calculate
Using excel 97, on some spreadsheets status bar shows calculate all the time, there are no circulars. Can you help? mivyvyan, -Select "Tools" -Select "Options..." - Select "Calculation" tab - Select Calculation option "Automatic" Alternatively, press function key F9 whenever you want to update your worksheet. regards, JohnI "mivyvyan" <mivyvyan.ta9sy@excelforum.com> wrote in message news:mivyvyan.ta9sy@excelforum.com... > Using excel 97, on some spreadsheets status bar shows calculate all the > time, there are no circulars....

Automatically add/hide rows
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Can you use AutoFilter and show NonBlanks? This is how I set up my reports that extract data from other data-entry worksheets. The report has auto-filter enabled, and I just show the filter drop down on column A (I hide all the other filter buttons on all the other columns to make it cleaner and prevent a...

How to calculate period
Hi I know the principle , compound interest rate and the future vale. need to calculate the time required to raech the future value. wha should be the formula to arrive at the result -- mana ----------------------------------------------------------------------- manan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3421 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54154 Use the NPER() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "manan" <manan.27p4rb_1147440004.7238@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:manan.27p4rb...

Payroll needs to calculate daily overtime
In California, employees get paid overtime once they work over 8 and up to and including 12 hours in a day, yet GP can only handle overtime in excess of 40 hours worked for the week. GP should have the capability of calculating daily overtime on employees who work over 8 hours per day since I'm sure there are many California employers in the same boat as we are. Thanks, Marty ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. ...

Convert excel sheet to webpage with macros and calculations
I got a configuration tool wich use input fields and macros to calculate an equipment (order) list. Are there any utilities available which convert the whole sheet with macros etc in some kind of java script? Thanks in advance for any advice! Michael ...

Calculate
Below are my VBA coding:- Sum=sum+1 Me!QtyKitted = sum My textbox is QtyKitted. But the problem is my control source is QtyKitted because I need to use it to generate query. May I know how to make the textbox to accumulate? Eg QtyText Box = 1 QtyKitted=1 QtyTextBox = 4 QtyKitted=5 -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200705/1 Hi Emily, Sum is a reserved word in Access, please rename this variable. EMILYTAN wrote: >Below are my VBA coding:- > >Sum=sum+1 >Me!QtyKitted = sum > >My textbox is QtyKi...

having total of formula automatically change
HI - hoping to get some assistance here - We have a spreadsheet that has the following: Column 1 - Cost (Dealer Cost) Coumn 2 - Mark up (using : =SUM(C7*0.05) ) Column 3 - Selling cost (=SUM(C7:D7) ) What we need to have happen at this point is Colum 4 - Automatically rounds the amount to *.95 cost and then hav it refigure the %of markup in Column 2 SO: IF we have : $42.95 $2.15 45.10 Need this to reformulate 45.10 to 44.95 an then refigure $2.15 mark up cost to the correct % -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If I understand you correctly: rounded ...