Automatic Calculation on only one Worksheet

Is it possible to have one worksheet in a Workbook calulate manually while
all others automatically? The reason I would like this is I have a sheet
which pulls in real-time market data that slows down my Workbook if
calculation is on automatic for the workbook. If I turn off automatic
calculation for the workbook then I end up spending a lot of time hitting F9
or shift + F9.

Thanks
0
sfrancoe2 (3)

No. But I do think you can with two instances of Excel. Just start another
Excel

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"sfrancoe2" <sfrancoe2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have one worksheet in a Workbook calulate manually while
> all others automatically? The reason I would like this is I have a sheet
> which pulls in real-time market data that slows down my Workbook if
> calculation is on automatic for the workbook. If I turn off automatic
> calculation for the workbook then I end up spending a lot of time hitting
> F9
> or shift + F9.
>
> Thanks

0
nicolaus (2022)
12/2/2005 9:55:58 PM
Thanks but that does not work.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

> No. But I do think you can with two instances of Excel. Just start another
> Excel
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
>
> "sfrancoe2" <sfrancoe2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to have one worksheet in a Workbook calulate manually while
> > all others automatically? The reason I would like this is I have a sheet
> > which pulls in real-time market data that slows down my Workbook if
> > calculation is on automatic for the workbook. If I turn off automatic
> > calculation for the workbook then I end up spending a lot of time hitting
> > F9
> > or shift + F9.
> >
> > Thanks

0
sfrancoe2 (3)
12/2/2005 10:23:02 PM
You actually started another instance of excel and it didn't work like Niek
suggested?

What happened bad when you tried it?

--

Dave Peterson
0

Worksheets(1).EnableCalculation = False
Worksheets(1).EnableCalculation = True

if I'm not mistaken, worksheets are numbered from left to right so i
you wanted to disable the second worksheets you would us
Worksheets(2).

I'm not an expert but I thought it might help!

pinmaste
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=626
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49031

To my great surprise that seems to work!
I'll never stop learning (I hope)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"pinmaster" <pinmaster.1zhf5n_1133643302.3599@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:pinmaster.1zhf5n_1133643302.3599@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hi, one way would be to create 2 command buttons, one would disable the
> other worksheets calculation and the other, enable calculation.
>
> Worksheets(1).EnableCalculation = False
> Worksheets(1).EnableCalculation = True
>
> if I'm not mistaken, worksheets are numbered from left to right so if
> you wanted to disable the second worksheets you would use
> Worksheets(2).
>
> I'm not an expert but I thought it might help!
>
> JG
>

> --
> pinmaster
> pinmaster's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490318

0
nicolaus (2022)

how to active the ribbon Tab automatically when the form opens[Access 2007]
Dear I built a ribbon tab for a form. It works fine and when the form opening, the ribbon will be loaded fine. But it would be focus (or active) automatically. It still focus in the tab where I set now. Please help.!!urgent.!! Another question: is the callbacks for the ribbon always in Modules? I remember in Access 2003, the callbacks function could be in the form class modules. If all the callbacks should be in the Modules, does it mean we need distinguish which form or report is active now? Thank you very much. Jason Jiang Hi Ribbon is the new command bar system in office 2007...

How do I set the worksheet to save before closing?
When there is a change in a worksheet and I try to close it, a message asks me whether I want to save the worksheet or not? How do I turn on this notification before closing the sheet? Open your workbook. Hit Alt+F11 or Tools-->Macro-->Visual basic editor (VBE). On the left, double-click ThisWorkbook. Paste the following code into the ThisWorkbook code window. Hit the Save diskette at top-left. Close the VBE. Make a change to the workbook, and close it to test. Was the change saved? Should be. :) Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveWorkbook.Save...

Excel Worksheet menu bars customizing for limiting users to optio.
Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options provided in that menu Hi Jim Look also at the links to MS pages on the bottom of this page http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8009001-5F5A-4415-9527-34C71D8DF1DB@microsoft.com... > Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options > provided in that menu ...

Calculate Loan Term
I am trying to determine the loan term for a loan where I know the following variables: Loan date = 10/31/2008 Maturity date = 09/30/2011 Balance = $50,000 Payment amount = $275 Baloon at end = $20,000 Annual IR = 3.25% I have several loans I am looking at where the payment amount is not enough to pay off the loan at maturity, in other words, there will be a balance due at maturity (balloon). I want to know how long it would take to pay off the loan at the payment amount currently being charged, or in other words, the original amortization period. I am trying to determine ho...

One Line of Data Per Page of Report
When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 page report with 1 entry per page. Is there an easy way to solve this probelm? We are not very familar with access and need this problem solved. Thanks! On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:07:03 -0800, Coutu <Coutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data >per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 >page report with 1 entry per pag...

Worksheet Problem 01-04-10
So I have a couple of issues. I go to open up a file today and try to unhide two worksheets that were hidden, and they are gone. I can still see them in VBA, but cannot open them and they are not visible at all in excel. I also am having trouble inserting a new worksheet. All the options are they, but I am not able to select insert. Any help would be appreciated. CHeck to see if workbook protection is activated. That would prevent you from being able to add new sheets (or unhide). Also, in VBE, check to see if the missing sheets have a visible status of "xlSheetVe...

Hyperlink directly to a cell in a worksheet
Hi there, I'd like to hyperlink directly to a cell in a spreadsheet (spreadsheet opens to a specific cell selected). The link I'm using opens the spreadsheet, but it goes to the same cell everytime. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for any help. Here's what the link I'm using looks like: www.myserver.com/Payroll_Risks_&_Controls.xls#='Risk Scores 1, 2, or 3'!$A$27 Risk Scores 1, 2, or 3 is the name of the worksheet and A27 is the cell I want to go to. ...

Sort Worksheets #2
How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm In article <e02c01c43c07$5afeeb70$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! >. > ...

create automatic response to questions in excel....
Hi, Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? thank you, Felicia On Dec 1, 6:39 am, felicia <feli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one > question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? > > thank you, > > Felicia One way, with questions in A1:A10 and corresponding correct answers in A1:A10 on a hidden worksheet with tab name "Answers"... right click the tab of the sheet with the qu...

Edit Template and have connected workbooks updated automatically?
When I make changes to a custom Template the changes are not reflected in any workbooks that are based on the Template. Is this usual and are there any ways to have these changes update to the workbooks automatically ? Thanks Michael Jones ...

Does anyone have a formula to calculate the car lease payments
Hi, I am just looking for a formula that will allow me to calculate the monthly repayments for a car lease. Thanks in advance The PMT function may help you out. Look at Excels help for details regarding its arguments and use. "Captain Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I am just looking for a formula that will allow me to calculate the monthly > repayments for a car lease. Thanks in advance see if this helps http://tinyurl.com/dxnq4 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Captain Jack" <Captain Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How do I rotate a worksheet in Excel?
I know that it is possible to rotate content within a cell, but what if I want to rotate the whole worksheet? And yes, I know that I could just set it to landscape mode, but I want to modify it once the rows become columns and the columns become rows. You are limited to 256 columns (and therefore 256 rows). create a new worksheet Select your range on the original worksheet edit|copy go to A1 of the new worksheet edit|paste special|check transpose. MarkRulesTheWorld wrote: > > I know that it is possible to rotate content within a cell, but what if I > want to rotate the whole w...

Multiple mfc activex controls in one dll
In VS6, there was a possibility to define up to 4 controls, when creating a new activex project. No such possibility in VS2005. Is there any way in 2005 to add an addtional one to an existing MFC ActiveX project? Any pointers will be appreciated! ...

Worksheets 02-23-10
Could you possibly have a solution for me. My information is downloaded into excel. When it does it gives the workbook a number as the name of the worksheet. I run a macro and that's no problem, but I wanting to use an additional macro that will add additional worksheets and do other calculations. When I try to add the additional worksheets or reference the numbered worksheet, it won't do it because of the unique number is assigns each time I download the report. Donna Hauff If your running the code with that workbook activated and the single worksheet as the active...

Move Exchange mailboxes from one Domain to another.
Okay, this is the scenario... I got called in to fix a big mess. I am not the one that set this up! (Just wanted to clear that up. ;)) Windows 2003 network.. 2 Domains Domain one: Active Directory DNS DHCP File Server Domain two: Active Directory DNS Exchange Both domains are under separate forests. The person that set this up setup duplicate user accounts under both domains. Why he didn't put the exchange server under the same domain, I have no clue. I just figure he didn't know what he was doing. So what I have is everyone logging in to Domain one to do their everyday work ...

Importing specific content into an Excel 2002 worksheet
I have some word documents that contain data I need throughout the document. As it stand, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are the easiest ways because the data is never in the same location on each document. Is there a way of capturing this data, and adding it to a selected field in Excel? The Word documents have a lot of 'noise' before, and after the data which is mostly contained in a table. This table also contains 'noise' that is not needed for the end result. Any suggestions are welcomed. Wayne. wrote: > I have some word documents that contain data I need throughout the &...

Automatic Inventory Reconcile
To have a utility or a feature in Great Plains to automatically Reconcile Inventory Items every night. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4e9a2196-3696-4e31-be...

in MS EXCLE how we can protect only one cell?
plz do repl me soon Hi First select all of the cells in the Sheet>Format>Cells>Protection>remove the check mark form Locked. Next select the single cell you want to be locked>Format>Cells>protection>check Locked. Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet (optionally provide a password - remember to write it down somewhere of you do) -- Regards Roger Govier anu khan wrote: > plz do repl me soon EXCEL 2007 This assumes that you wish to protect cells D 83 to D 85. If you wish to protect just one cell replace D 83 to D 85 (below) with the cell ...

Copy from one publisher document to another
I am trying to help my father. He has created a bunch of individual publisher documents that he is now copying and pasting into one publisher document with multiple pages (he didn't know he could add pages originally). We are doing this by opening publisher twice and selecting all of an individual page and then copying. We then paste it into a blank page in the new multiple page publication. Our problem is that when we paste the items don't always land centered on the new page. Can anyone help us with this? My dad had Publisher 2003. Thanks, Barbara Select all, Cntrol A, then ...

Hierarchical Worksheet Tabs??? New Excel feature?
I do not know if newer versions of Excel than I have have this function, but in working with a budget in Excel, it sure would be a nice feature to be able to "stack" in a hierarchy the worksheet tabs at the bottom, instead of scrolling horizontally for hundreds of feet! In other words, I want to have a Worksheet "Travel Budget" and instead of having each month's in a horizontal tab, I could scroll up and down from a "Master" worksheet to sub-worksheets ties to the master...instead of just adding worksheet after worksheet in an ever growing hard to mana...

Outlook Express works, Outlook doesn't on only one XP system
I have two XP client systems and my own Linux mail server. The XP Pro system can use Outlook to access mail. But the XP Home system can use Outlook Express but not Outlook, although setup seems the same. When sending a test message in Outlook, it finds the server, but both send and receive fail, saying the server didn't respond (check ports and SSL). Not using SSL, and the ports are standard. What's more, Outlook Express on the same client connects and works fine. I've checked the DNS, the routing, ping, firewall, etc. (XP firewall disabled, Linux firewall open to LAN.) What's ...

2004: reconcile automatically?
I imported from quicken to money 2004 In quicken I can say "use online balance to reconcile" or some such, and it shows me all the cleared and non cleared income and expense since last reconcile. Very quickly I can check to see what I might have missed and what the differences are between the bank and the program. Money does not seem to have such a facility. It gives me a message to the effect that the program and the bank are out of sync, and says I have to balance by hand with the paper statement. Gross! Any suggestions? Thanks /b ...

Dynamic Range Charts Across Worksheets?
Hi, I'm trying to create a graph of a dynamic range of cells. In order t do this, I defined two named functions (X and Y) to graph. Everythin works great, except that I need to do this for a lot of different set of data on different worksheets. The parameters for each worksheet ar the same, but I'm trying to find a way to get around defining a ne named function for every single worksheet. Is there some way to set the named function to refer to the workshee that the graph is located in, instead of a specific worksheet? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com A few ...

Calculation #2
Help, I am trying to get a calculation to do the following......... =If >800 Then * by 0.40 =If <800 then insert '0' ie : if the cell contains a value of 914, it should display the value of 45.60, and if the cell contains a value less than 800, it should then display 0. So I have been trying to do this............. =if(A1>800,*0.40, if(A1<800,0)) But it does not work ?, can anyone help with this one ? -- Daywalker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Daywalker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Copy Posts from one Public Folder to Another
I have an Exchange 2003 Public folder tree that has multiple levels. I have a need for users to Post to one public folder and then have a copy of that Post copied to another public folder automatically. I have set this up for emails (plain forwarding) and it works fine but I have yet been able to get the Posts to duplicate to the other folder. Does anyone have any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Glenn There are two ways to forward email out of a public folder: 1. Used a rule on the public folder. As owner of the public folder go to properties and to the folder assistant ...