Automate copy command

I'm processing a large data file from which I want to extract blocks of data
by means of a template, this is only the first of many data files. I've used
the vlookup command to match start and end timestamps and to return an index
number that cooresponds to the start and end row numbers. How can I automate
the copying of the blocks of data into a new sheet (or file)?
0
cwilliams1 (10)

search command
Hi there, i have a form where i would like to use for search by two criterias: Lot# or Part Number - these are two field in the table. need help to add that to the code Private Sub Command39_Click() End Sub Private Sub Command42_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command42_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Open Orders" stLinkCriteria = "[PART NUMBER]=" & "'" & Me![PART NUMBER] & "'" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Exit_Command42_Click: E...

Copied tasks show as collapsed
I have two projects, one of which i copied some tasks from and copied into the other. Once i save the project and reopen it the copied tasks don't display and the id number shows a gap (60, 61, 62, 70, 71, 71). I have to collapse the entire project and then expand it to see the tasks. Any idea what would cause this behavior? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01CA79B8.6C708FE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Jan, Welcome to this Microsoft Projec...

Command button
[Excel 2003] I have command buttons on the userform which access other userforms (which drive the spreadsheet data entry) I have a listbox on the userform displaying a number. I would like to enter code into the command button activations such that if the number in the listbox does not equal the number stored within the code of the command button then a mesage box is displayed and the command button does not activate its sub routines. Can anyone help? Thanks, Roger Something like this: Option Explicit Public Property Get MayProceed() As Boolean Const M...

copying e-mail to PSTs
Dear all, I work for a legal company and facing a weird problem with Outlook 2003 SP3. The problem is: When I move/copy an e-mail from exchange inbox to a PST the timestamp of the e-mail changes to the date/time of the move/copy progress. It does not retain the timestamp when the e-mail was originally received. We have many Outlook client installed, but this seems to be a problem with one client. I think it must be a setting in Outlook to change. Any help is appreciated. Thank you Edy -- Edy Werder Edy Werder wrote: > Dear all, > > I work for a l...

Copy Protection Device
Hello No matter what computer I connected, the RMS always pops-up a window with the following message whenever I try to open the Store Operations Manager from a different station: Warning 941: The copy protection device that used to be on this register was not found. Do you wish to continue? We have a server, 3 pc connected to it, one is used for the Store Operations POS (I have the parallel dongle on this one), the other 2 are connected for the Store Operations Manager. The system is not in evaluation mode anymore, but it is a little bit annoying. any suggestion? You need to create a...

Copying fields from combo box to a table
Hi, I am creating a database for our Machine Maintence Report (access 2003). I created a combo box from table1 and I want to have the selected fields (i.e. Machine, Technician, Engineer etc...) in table1 to be copied in table2. This table2 has the same fields Machine, Technician, Engineer plus the other field that will be updated when the maintenance is done such as remarks, issue and data readings. Looking forward for your help. If you really have a need to store this information in multiple tables, you can use code in the After Update event of the combo box to push the valu...

Copy??
Hi, I want to copy a range, named "OrigRng" in a spread sheet in another workbook to the currect worksheet in VBA or Macro. How can I do it? Thank you. GL Hi, Select the range to copy from the source workbook and click Copy Button. select the workbook target CELL (not range of cells) and the click paste. If you need a macro done, let me know. excelmarksway@yahoo.com.au i will need to know the source workbook name and the target workbook name. If I am feeling clever, I'd really only need to know the range name ...which is "OrigRng" as it will only exist in on...

Copying Specific Values From Sheet
Hi. Is there a way to copy specific rows from 1 sheet to another? For instance I have a workbook containing 4 tabs. These are labeled "raw data", "Sheet A"," Sheet B", and "Sheet C". On the "raw data" sheet there are 3 columns. One of the columns is titled "Project". In there the values are A, B, C or D (and maybe E someday). I would like to say "if the "Project" column contains and "A" copy everything on that row to "sheet A". Basically I want to take all t he information that has a proje...

Copying and Pasting Excel Tables into Word
We do our financials in Word, and copy and paste special as enhanced metafiles the tables that we do in Excel. This works perfectly in Word 2003. In 2007 however, when we past the table and print it, the table looks different (letter spacing funny, not smooth). I have tried printing to five different printers and it still happens. I'd suggest a slightly different approach. If you insist on using enhanced metafiles, try the following: 1. Select the range that you want to copy. 2. Instead of Copy, select the dropdown under Paste>As Picture>Copy as Picture. 3...

Sheet you want to copy contains the name...
When I copy a worksheet I get the repeated message box that the destination workbook already contains the name "a", "aa", "prntoutline", "ssd", "q" and "zz". I have to select yes to each message box to allow the worksheet copy to complete itself. I do not have these names within the worksheet (chekced by Insert>Name>Define). How can I delete these nsmaes that do not seem to exist? Thanks. Names can be hidden, so Insert=>Name=>Define may not show them. In the troublesome workbook make a blank sheet active, then go...

Keyboard commands
I have a user who is blind. I am looking for a list of keyboard commands since he is unable to use the mouse. Glenda, See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/shortcuts.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenda Johnston" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A9DC1C0-730F-4D48-826F-7B37FDDB36CA@microsoft.com... > I have a user who is blind. I am looking for a list of keyboard commands since he is unable to use the mouse. > ...

Print bcc's on copy of sent message?
If *I* send a message and blind copy someone on it, is there any way to get Outlook to print the bcc recipients? Right now I'm having to handwrite the bcc's on my file copy. Would love it if Outlook would automatically print this. ...

SQL Command match Items to Matrix
SQL command that will put all items which contain a certain Supplier ID # to be added to a matrix that I have created. We have a company and we want to do a matrix for all of there items. But instead of manually adding each item to the matrix. If I could run an SQL command that will take all items with the supplier ID attached to them and have them added to the matrix. I am aware that I will still have to label the dimensions. It would just be fantastic if I could do a mass add. Hopefully someone has a creative mind. I tried some commands, but I am not an SQL master either. I know that ...

automated email
I run an Exchange 2003 email environment. What I would like to know is, is there any way to create an email that will automatically be sent to a new email user the first time they log in and launch thier outlook client? The automated email will strictly be informational. It will offer information on submitting a help desk request and outlining the proper usage of corporate email. Any help would be greatly apprectiated. -- Kim You would have to script it - no native automation feature. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog --...

Automating Different Survey Results
Does anyone have any idea on how to facilitate the preparation of surve results? Our survey results are downloaded from our survey online facility (som facility when it can't even produce the report :sigh:). These survey are about the services of the different support groups of our company So each survey has its own set of questions. The backend process o translating these results is quite tedious and I've been thinking o how to automate it ... I know that there is a better way. I am usin Excel but only the standard features such as countif, sumproduct pivot, charts. But still it c...

Visual Basic sub routine command??
Can anyone tell me what the command is to call another macro from within an existing macro? I am using Excel 98 for Macintosh For example, I am running Sub Macro (9) and I want to run Sub Macro (10). I have tried recording a macro and selecting Tool Macro Macros.. ...

Command Button Wizard 02-14-08
Using Access 2000, I have built an extensive database, & the command buttons built with the Wizard all work. All simple commands, such as Print, Find Record, etc. I build another database (ostensibly with all the same settings) and the command buttons built with the Wizard will not work - none of them - when clicking on such a button, it depresses, but nothing happens. I build another database, and the command buttons built with the Wizard all work. Why? What variable is available that apparently switches off all the buttons? The macro code established by the Wizard in a db th...

Pass command line file name parameter
Hi, I have an application with classes Myapp, MyappDoc and MyappView. The input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable sFilename in Myapp.h which is included in MyappDoc.cpp and MyappView.cpp. There're compiling errors: MyappDoc.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier MyappView.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier Why? If the input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable in MyappDoc.h, how to access it from Myapp.cpp? Thanks, ybc The other problem is, when I set the...

POS 2.0
I am opening another store and want to copy the products etc. to the new store's POS system. What is the best way of doing it? 1. Backup the existing DB and then restore it on the new store, then clear the transactions 2. Export the inventory in the existing system and import it into the new one 3. ... Please advice, Thank you, -D hi Dursun, Yes you describe the correct way like backup the existing db of the store and restore it to new store and then on the new store delete all the transaction there is button in Store Administrator program. Now there is matter of quantity which ...

missing characters in printed copy
i created a mail merge document. just plain text with one single image(signature on letter). after completing/printing the job. we just realized that some characters are missing within the body of the letter. i cant figure out what seems to be or root of the problem. i tried to save the same exact document to previous version..(97-2003) and then tried to print a couple of sheets....it looks perfect. can somebody gave me info what may have caused that problem? here's some additional info: o.s. xp word 2007 printer : canon ir110 using pcl driver note: used the same fl...

copy exact formulas
Is there a way to copy formulas EXACTLY as they appear, without the cell references moving around? I mean, if I have the following formula in cell A1: =5+A5+A6 I want to copy it to the cell C1, but I want it to be the exact formula =5+A5+A6, not to change the reference to the C column I know a way to do it is to go in the cell, select the formulas "text" and then paste it, but that doesnt work in case of multiple cells.. guillermo "Guillermo" <gmozavala@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eB5zIdsuEHA.1712@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to copy...

hyperlink copy / paste
I need to copy the contents of one wrksht to another. The data contains numerous hyperlinks. How do I do this while maintaining these links. Thanks Select the range of cells or click on the whole sheet butto (intersection of column and row headings) copy and then paste into th blank worksheet. All of your hyperlinks should still work -- neopolita ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neopolitan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=61 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48084 ...

copying non adjacent cells
I saw some of the threads on this subject through googles groups search. By repeated experiments I found 1) if the non adjacent cells are in the same row or column these can be selected and copied 2)But if the non adjacent cells are in more than one row or one column and if I try to select and copy, the error message comes up: "the command cannot be used in multiple selections" response from MVPs is appreciated.. If you want to copy multiple ranges, the selections must match in rows and columns In each column, the same rows must be selected, or nothing is selected In each row...

Copying cell data automatically?
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and be dependent on the first cell, i.e, when cell A text changes so does cell B, how do I do that? It depends You can use an IF statement =IF(A1=1,"Something","SomethingElse") Or if there are many different inputs you can create a table somewhere A One B Two C Three And use VLOOKUP HTH PC "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50C72329-771C-45E4-8945-E5EB71C5BDCB@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and ...

How can I copy ONE contact folder to another PC?
I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in my "Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Posted to Outlook groups daily: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm=20 --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, <----- Mardman -----> asked: | I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in | my "Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. I...