autoformat comments to move & size with cells

Is there a way to set the default to autoformat comments to move & size with cells?  In a big file, it can take a long time to edit comment by comment.
0
anonymous (74722)

Not that I know of.

But Debra Dalgleish has a macro approach that puts them back in there place!

http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

how do you remove a selected cell that is not saved on a clipboard
I need to know how to remove a selected cell that is not saved on a clipboard and cannot be posted elsewhere in a table Dee haskins, Are we talking about Access or Excel because Access has fields and you posted your question to the Microsoft Access newsgroup. Scroll a wee bit further down to get to the Excel newsgroup. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Dee haskins" <Dee haskins@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Copy text from cell and paste it in a separate text box (contents to be linked)
Dear Experts: With some cells in a colum selected (say 10 selected cells in a column: contiguous range) I would like a macro to copy the contents of these cells and paste the contents of each cell in separate text field. Now here it comes. The pasted contents in the text field should be linked to the cell contents, i.e. whenever the cell's contents is changed, the contents of the text field should reflect this. Is this feasible? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Again, Detail and before/after examples. -- Don Guil...

cell referencing from a Combo Box
I'm trying to make the result given in a combo box make data appear i the cells (or text boxes) to the left and right of the combo box. Th data being drawn from is a range of cells in a column that is part of table with the same arrangement as the combo box/cell arrangement. just want to be able to choose data from that table, and by choosin one element in a row, have the rest of the row appear around it. I've been trying to find a formula that will allow a cell to refer t the result in the combo box, and give its result as the cell dat adjacent to that given in the combo box, as th...

Adding in another conditional format on the same cell
Dear everyone.. I have a cell containing "conditional format" when 2 weeks before the due date ...the cell colour changes to "orange"....it turns red when it reaches the "due date" ..... Now.......i need to add in another condition ....when i add in another column e.g. "B" and the font colour will change to "yellow" ....i think its something to do with....if equal to....then it would change to this colour.... Can someone teach me the formula pls? urgent....thanks everyone.... Hi! What exactly are you trying to add as another condit...

IF on a range of cells
Hello Everybody, I am working in Excel 2003 with two lists, dates and prices in columns A and B respectively. I am trying to use IF worksheet function to find if any prices in the prices column match a certain figure (say $24), if a match is found I want to return a corresponding date from the adjacent column, i.e. column A. For example, if I am searching for $24 in prices list and it is found in B37 then I want to return the date from A37. Is it possible? If yes then how? Despite my years of extensive experience with Excel, I haven't been able to figure that out. Than...

Enter the cell value without leaving the cell
Is there a way to use the keyboard to enter a cell value without exiting the cell when you press the ENTER key? I use the mouse to click the green check mark in the formula bar, but I would prefer to use the keyboard to accomplish the same task. Thanks, CRTL - ENTER thanks "Chris Hedlund" <chedlund@mwdata.net> wrote in message news:eH3DAXMEGHA.1088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to use the keyboard to enter a cell value without exiting > the cell when you press the ENTER key? I use the mouse to click the green > check mark in the formula bar, bu...

Cell Number Format
Is there a way to format a cell's number from 1.2 to 1,200,000? I know how to format millions to ones but how do I convert from ones to millions? (I don't want to have to multiply in another cell). Thanks!!! I could be wrong but, suspect there is no way to achieve what you want using format. You could use the sheet change event to multiply numbers entered by one million and format the result as you wish using code below. Just right-click on the tab of the appropriate worksheet, click view code and paste. Note. this will multiply value in column C only. You will need to modify ...

SUM rows in column if cell in different column is empty
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that has many rows of data. I'm trying to get a total for a column ("G") in a cell ("A2") but only on rows where the cell in another column ("J") for that row is empty.I tried SUMIF and couldn't get it to work. Can this be done with some kind of formula? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, gg =SUMIF(I:I,"",G:G) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) <nospam@iamtheonewho.com> wrote in message news:1173743011.019953.66950@v33g2000cwv.googlegroup...

How do I print comments and or Hyperlinks setup in cells in Excel.
we want to be able to print the comments and or hyperlinks, connected to a particular cell and the data validation information. For one particular cell? I'd just copy|paste into notepad and print from there. Debra Dalgleish/JE McGimpsey have a data|validation documenter available at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal09.html And Debra has a way to extract comments an put them into a word document at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#CopyToWord And for hyperlinks, you could do something like: Option Explicit Sub DataValDocumenter() Dim myHyperLink As Hyperlink ...

Summarize project time from different sheets in one without losing references when sorting the cells.
hi I have a a lot of sheets in one excel-file, about 25 upwards , and in these I fill in the time for each project each person is involved in. What I want is a sheet with a summary for all the projects. Every project has a six digit code. Can I create a formula that searches through the entire project for example project 440011 and return the value to the sheet where I summarize all the time? The problem is that I want the projects to be sorted by the six digit code but when I sort them in each persons sheet the references in the summarized sheet will be wrong. Does anyone understand what ...

Excel 2007 noncontiguous cell highlight color=light,light blue. How do I make it darker, or like Excel 2003 ( I'm extremely shade blind-PLZ HELP !! )
I have extreme shade blindness & need massive help. In Excel 2003, if I select 5 noncontigious cells the last cell retains it's color while the 1st 4 become a darker color, like emerald green, charcoal or something, which I can see and keep track of which cells I've selected. In Excel 2007 this color is a blue so light that frankly I can't see it. How do I change this color(& I guess in Excel 2010 also) back to the way it was in Excel 2003, or something dark that I can see? Thanks, Dave For 2007 and Windows XP.......have no idea about other versions of Excel or ...

moving the mouse
does anybody know how i can set the position of the mouse pointer in windows? i know how to read it, but i want to set it <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:8306d7c04dad2587e3650b873aa84573@news.scbiz.com... > does anybody know how i can set the position of the mouse > pointer in windows? i know how to read it, but i want to > set it http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/resources/cursors/cursorreference/cursorfunctions/setcursorpos.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] ...

Move products to other price list
I need to move some products to another price list in the same time. How I can do it? ...

E2K3 SP2 : How to move public bank to another server ?
Hi everyone, I post this message because i've a problem without solution now with my exchange 2003 std sp2 server. I've actually on this server a public bank, with public folder hierarchy and publics folder. This server start to be old and i would like to transfer everything to another server, but i didn't found how to do it. I just founded informations on how make a replication of a public folder and a way to transfert public bank to another by doing a sort of emergency restore. But is it any clean way to do it (transfert hierarchy and publics folders with conte...

Precision as displayed for certain cells only
Is this possible? Precision as displayed is exactly what I need, but only in certain cells, not the entire sheet like you get when you select the option under the calculations tab of the options dialog. I have a bunch of formulae that work on various numbers that result in a figure that is formatted to currency. Of course, these are rounded to two decimal places. But, any further calculations on that number are done on the whole decimal, not the rounded currency value. For example, I have a cell whose final output in currency is $3.21, and when I multiply that by ten, I get $320.88 sin...

Sizing Clipart?
I have Publisher 2002, windows xp, and now I can't place my clipart frame in my document and have the clipart added to it. Does this make sense? On my old Publisher programs (97, 2000) I could insert the picture frame, then add the clipart. Now it just adds the clipart anywhere it wants, and any size it wants, and I have to move it and resize it afterward. Meanwhile it a large picture over text (that moves)and sometimes doesn't move back where it should be when I move the picture. If you know any way I can position the clipart frame and THEN add the clipart like I used to do,...

Changing the size of the bitmap
I'm using one bitmap as caret. Now i want to change the size of that bitmap at runtime depending on the font size I set in CEdit object. I have successfully used two different bitmaps and loaded them corresponding to two font sizes. but now can I use only a single bitmap for that and make use of functions like stretchblt? ...

change font size in 2006
How do I change the font size in Money 2006? tia You don't. <shellyfDELETE@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:aaqjg55lp2f2b8qbeo71p1sam5b9n6ceaa@4ax.com... > How do I change the font size in Money 2006? > tia In microsoft.public.money, shellyfDELETE@hotmail.com wrote: >How do I change the font size in Money 2006? The ways that are available are 1. Buy a bigger monitor for your desktop computer. You may find that to be a stupid suggestion, but think about it. You deserve it. There are some reasonably priced 24 inch monitors with dots that are a l...

auto adjust height of cells
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to have Excel automatically adjust the height of a cell depending on how much text is in it? Not the height of a cell, but the height of a row. The height is adjusted automatically when you increase or decrease font size on any cell in a row assuming the row's height has not been manually adjusted. To have the height of the row adjusted automatically based on volume of text content you need to apply Format> Cells> Alignment - Wrap Text. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac ...

XML commands
Hi. I found a very helpfull hint to find formula-cells. The trick is to use the get.cell function. I would like to learn a little bit more about that function. What does 48 or 6 mean in get.cell(48;.... or get.cell(6;... I can't find documentations at the net ? Regards Peter Get.Cell(num, cell reference) is a function from XL4 to return information about the formatting, location or contents of a cell. 48... if cells contain a formula it returns True; if a constant it returns False. 6 ... returns the cell formula Peter Noneley has a free download at... http://homepage.ntlworld.com/no...

Change cell color on update
How do I change a cell's color if it has been modified? I am sure I Use conditional formatting, but not sure how. I have a contacts spreadsheet and I need to send it around to other memebers of my company for them to update, when I get it back, I need to know what has been modified. How to do this? Thanks! CMG Switch on Track Changes Tools Track Changes Highlight Changes Complete the dialogue box Click OK Sara -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Have a look at Tools / Track Changes. This will highlight any changed cells and what the changes are. -- Andy....

Stop next cell being selected on Enter
I have a sheet which has only 3 input cells, but only one input cell is required for a user in a given state. I've disabled the "move selection after enter" function in tools/option/edit and when they enter a value and press enter the active cell stays the same - which is what I want. When I protect the sheet, the active cell jumps to the next unprotected cell. How can I stop it doing that? I don't know why Excel reacts this way, but when the worksheet is protected, make sure that the user is allowed to select both locked and unlocked cells. They still won't be abl...

Copying and Filling Cell With Functions
I have an Excel page that has refrences to another worksheet ie =May!B2 I want to create a generic spreadsheet that I can just copy for each month but when I do I get ='[May Commissions Sheet.xls]May'!B2 is there a way to advoid this? And also when I try and do a fill instead of trying to copy I get =May!B3 or I tried typing in cell M2, =May!B2 and in cell M3, =May!C2 and then tried to do a fill that way for Excel to get an idea of what i was trying to do and it ends up putting =May!B4 in M4 and =May!C4 in M5 and =May!B6 in M6 etc. Can anyone help me cause I am about to lose i...

Carriage return in a text cell
Is it possible to enter a carriage return in a text cell so that two individual items appear on separate lines when the text is wrapped? -- Bob http://www.kanyak.com Bob Press Alt and Enter together. Regards Trevor "Opinicus" <gezgin@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:139hsmmnardv125@news.supernews.com... > Is it possible to enter a carriage return in a text cell so that two > individual items appear on separate lines when the text is wrapped? > > -- > Bob > http://www.kanyak.com > Alt + Enter This is one line Alt + Enter This is nex...

Conditional Format on "Active Cell"
I have a spreadsheet where the rows in Column A are descriptions and Columns B thru H are Mon thru Fri. As you arrow down entering dollar amounts by day for each description I would like the Description is say A44 to bold or change color when the cell in say H44 is active. Is this possible? Thanks, Mike I'd suggest you take a look at Chip Pearson's RowLiner add-in: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm But if you just want to change the color of the cell in column A: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Dim rArea As Range ...