Autofit/Text Wrap

I have two sentences typed in a cell which has been
formatted to autofit row height, and wrap text, and yet
the cell will not adjust to two rows of typing, a total of
32 words, or a total of 146 characters including spaces.
I don't think that's too much to type in a cell in Excel.
Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

One can only guess what the problem is. But I suspect the
spreadsheet might be protected.

How do I make a water mark for an existing text page in publisher
When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and arange to send to background the water mark disappears. and if I try other ways then my text on my original document dissappears. Put your watermark on the Master Page (ctrl+m). Any picture can become a watermark if you use the wash out feature. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jimmyy" <jimmyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0FCE3D-0A94-4908-BC33-2D9DA59DF614@microsoft.com... > When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and > arange to send ...

protecting a text box in spreadshhet
This is defeating me I have a text box in an excel sheet, I can protect the sheet ok but the text box always remains unprotected (ie the user could change the text) How do I protect it? thank you. Un-protect the sheet Right-click on edge of TextBox and Format TextBox>Protection Protect the sheet. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:42:21 +0100, "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: >This is defeating me I have a text box in an excel sheet, I can protect the >sheet ok but the text box always remains unprotected (ie the user could >ch...

text to excel
Hello I have 15 different text file which i want to import in one excel fil at one go can ewe do it with the help of a macro thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can do it with a macro, but perhaps easier is to combine the text files in DOS and then import to Excel. To combine in DOS, have all the files in the same folder, open a DOS prompt and type something like the following: COPY C:\MyDocuments\TextFiles\*.txt AllFiles.txt HTH, Greg "vikram >" <<vikram.15hgsx@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.15hgsx@excelforum-nospam.co...

Is there a way to make a staircase text effect?
Is there a way to create a string of letters that will remain erect when the object they are part of is rotated? I want to create a staircase effect where the letters look like they are sitting on the steps of a staircase and be able to alter how steep the staircase is and have the letters remain vertical. Thanks -- Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com (11/09/04) Nothing built-in per se. You'd have to create separate shapes that belong to a group, and do some ShapeSheet programming. The shape's could then "anti-rotate" relative to the group (Angle = - GroupSheet!Angle...

how to keep text with next paragraph
"Church Mouse" wrote: > What is the problem? Version? ...

Outlook converts my HTML email to text
But only occasionally, and I have to click on the message bar and choose Display as HTML to see it as it was meant to be seen. How can I stop Outlook from arbitrarily displaying HTML email as text? -- Dena Jo Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain. Plonk the bastards: http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html Why would you want to view mail in HTML? That is dangerous. All mail should be read and replied to in plain text for security reasons. "Dena Jo" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:Xns97D04AD6B6C9FDenaJo@130.133.1.4... > But only o...

Return a number in one cell to long hand text in another.
Ie. 123.65 to One hundred, Twenty Three & Sixty Five Cents Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP "CP" <CP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D9B8E3-3D66-4EA0-9184-57762BD663D6@microsoft.com... > Ie. 123.65 to One hundred, Twenty Three & Sixty Five Cents Go to Google and search the newsgroups for "spell number" On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:07:02 -0700, "CP" <CP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ie. 123.65 to One hundred, Twenty Three & Sixty Five Cents ...

space between text strings with concatenate
I'm using the concatenate function to join two bits of text - but I want a space between, and the function joins them together without a space. How can I insert a space into the resulting text please? (It seems to me that we would want such a space in ANY two text strings which we join together with concatenate - wouldn't we?? Why doesn't it put one in by default?!) Thanks Jeff Hi Jeff, =text1&" "&text2 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Jeff" <no_em@ilplease> wrote in message news:42275bd0@212.67.96.135... > I...

Text boxes when mouse goes over the cell.
In a document i have recieved from a client, in excell, when i put my mouse over certain color coded cells, text boxes come out with lengthy descriptions. This sems highly usefull, and i would like to know how to do this. Anyone know? It seems all cells with a colored corner have these descriptions. Select the cell of interest, then: <Insert> <Comment> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.c...

Convert File text box appears
I have the capability to to open resumes that have been submitted by potential future employees so that I can assign them to the correct department manager. Just recently I've started having a problem in that some of the resumes, after I launch them, I get a Convert File text window. I've tried every option in this list but I either get an error and nothing opens up or I get the boxes and other strange characters. I believe that the ones that I'm having problems with most likely were created in something other than Word, such as Works, Wordpad, Notepad, etc. I hav...

How to enter informational help text?
I have a number of column headers that I would like to define for users. Is there a way to enter text in the background so that when someone hovers over the column with the mouse, then will get the definition of that field? These are customized column fields. For example- One column is Method of Delivery. I want to enter a definition when one hovers over "method of delivery" to state, " Way in which the data is received. ie.e internet, feed, etc. On Feb 18, 12:03=A0pm, amcb <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...=A0Is there a way to enter text in t...

empty text box
I am brand new to Access (a Paradox user) and am bewildered by the Text Box issue. I have a report in which I want to add a page footer that states the report is confidential. When I try to go to print view, it asks me to enter a parameter value. this is so frustrating, please help. Thanks! That would not be the problem. It is asking for parameters for the query that is the report's record source. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "peabody" wrote: > I am brand new to Access (a Paradox user) and am bewildered by the Text Box > issue. I have a report in whi...

Unbound text box calculation
Thanks in advance for the assist. My mind went numb... What must I do to have an unbound field only perform the calculation for the current open record that I am working in and not show data in a new records same unbound field when I go to the next record entry? I have an unbound text box on a form - call it Box C. In it's properties control source I have a calculation (i.e. =text box A input / text box B input) that I wish to show within the form prior to moving to the next record. I then wish this field to recalculate or return null (if box A and/or B are empty). Box C ...

Is there a way to group text so it stays together?
Hi, I am editing a document, and it is a pain going through and re-editing page breaks after making changes to it. If i could simply select a paragraph or small section that I want to stay together and mark or group it somehow to stay together so that if it gets pushed down from other text above, it will stay together, either at the end of a page if it fits, or all of it would be pushed to the next page. Is there a feature like this? Thanks, Alan Go to the Line and Page Breaks tab of the Format Paragraph dialog and check the box for "Keep lines together" ...

convert text to formula using VLookup
My question; I've seen somewhere that you can convert a text string into a formula using the INDIRECT Function. What I am constructing is a maintenance Schedule where some items need to be serviced on a weekly basis, others monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, and yearly. (Those are the only five rotations I require at the moment.) Once constructed the format will take on the appearance of a calendar with conditional formatting to highlight the dates the service falls on. Each of the rotations require (I think) different formulas, so what I want to do is have a list of the f...

Can one adjust Format Row Autofit to ensure WYSIWYG when printing
Does anyone know if you can adjust Format Rows Autofit to ensure WYSIWYG when printing. I am continually frustrated that when I print after using the autofit function that I get text cut in half and underlines missing. Autofit does not seem to work properly. Can it be set to slightly overcompensate perhaps? Hi Gray, this problem only happens when you're working in a zoo different from 100%; so if you're working with 115% and autofit th rows they won't show up properly when you print (they will be cutted) Also there is a problem you have to consider is when you use Bold o...

Text duplicating itself in text boxes on subform.
I've googled this one high and low, but can't find a similar hit. Client opens employee record with Address subform embedded. The screen shot they sent me shows the data corrupted as follows, with an diminished copy of the text tacked onto the end. Imagine the following, but without the spaces, which I added for clarity. City: Madisonville adisonville disonvi State: KYY Zip: 42431 2431 431 31 1 You can view the actual screen shot here ... http://www.amazecreations.com/datafast/Citrix_Issue.jpg Has anybody ever seen anything like this? If I told you it happens on an Access ...

How To Import Text File With No Delimiters?
I have a text file with over 2,000 names that look like the following: Mr. Benoit Smith 120 Adam Street Dorchester, MA 02124 Marcus Darbouze 1553 Blue Hill Avenue Boston, MA 02126 American Public Health Initiatives 10 Fairway Street Mattapan, MA 02126 Most consist of 3 lines some as many as 5. The text file has no delimiters so that when I import/open it in Excel it becomes just one very long column. I need to convert it or parse it into any other database friendly importable format i.e., .dbf, .xls, .csv etc. What I need is to convert it into a table with up to five header rows: head1 he...

Text Missing From Ribbon Items
Four some reason today when I'm in a form's design view and multi-select items, the Position tab is missing the text that were associated with it's items. For instance the Equal Horizontal and Equal vertical, among other text is missing now, only the icons is present. The text was present this morning. Any ideas on this? James ...

How do I get my text to wrap in a single cell in exel?
I can't get all my text in a single cell, it starts across in to the cell next to it instead of starting a new text row below? Thanks Hi DJz, Select your cell and go to Format-->Cell. On the Alignment tab, check the checkbox labelled Wrap Text at the bottom of that dialogue window. HTH, Katherine "DJz" <DJz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97B925D0-FF0C-4CC9-AB23-9CB2D9AC2597@microsoft.com... > I can't get all my text in a single cell, it starts across in to the cell > next to it instead of starting a new text row below? Thanks Hi Kathe...

Publisher 2003: Formatting when Pasting Text
I find when pasting text into a newsletter template the text remains in the original formatting. Is there an option anywhere to set Publisher so that all text that is pasted into the newsletter is automatically formatted with the formatting of the newsletter? Paste special and then change the formatting by using the Painter tool. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ocean mist" <oceanmist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81C01F0-CDB4-4A2E-B021-D65AF47D0B36@microsoft.com... >I find when pasting text into a newsletter template the text remains in the...

Changing text/color after a time period?
I hope some of the brilliant Excel people here can help me out. What I am looking to do, is enter a date in a certain cell (if it helps conceptualize, the date that I ship something to someone). Is it possible to have that cell with the "ship date" in it, either change colors, or change the font size, or something, after 30 days have gone by? My reasoning is that the product I ship out, has to be back to me in 30 days, or a penalty will incur to the other party. I just want these fields that have exceeded the 30 day mark, to stick out, so I can easily identify them. Thanks for any h...

Finding cell text corresponding to the MAXimum figure in a spreadsheet?
Please can anyone help me with this... :) I've made a spreadsheet with the following attributes: Cells A1 to A100 contain a figure from 1-100 (a 'desirability' rating), sorted so that the highest figures are at the top of the spreadsheet and descend to the lowest figure in cell A100. Cells B1 to B100 contain the title of a CD album. Cells C1 to C100 contain the price of a CD album. I would like to make a formula that searches for the row that produces the highest result given from multiplying the figure in column A with the corresponding figure in column C and returns the co...

Displaying the text for the 'Save as Complete' button
Hello, Is there a way to display this button text on the toolbar like the SAVE and Close button when logging completed activities? Can this be done in the isv.config file? Thanks, Maria First, open the URL of the activity in IE, such as: http://yourcrmurl/activities/phone/edit.aspx Go to View, Source. Find the button you're looking for within the <SPAN> tags. On my CRM page, I used: <SPAN tabindex="0" class="menu" style="padding:3px 3px 0px 3px" pl="3" pr="3" title="Save as Completed" action="SaveAsCompleted()...

Excel "chops off" half of first line of text
I have a spreadsheet where one column is cells that each contain 30 to 50 words of text. Even after applying FORMAT, ROW, AUTOFIT when I print I lose the top 50% of the characters in most, but not all, of the top line of these cells. Everything looks fine on screen prior to printing. Has anyone any ideas or work-rounds, please? Hi, The easiest (and non programmatic) way to do this is to highlight the sheet, and mouse over one of the row divisions (i.e. between 2 rows, which you would normally use to resize). Double clicking here will expand all rows to autofit contents. Otherwise,...