autofit: cell height expands with text entered?

For a form:
can a user enter mass quantities of text in a cell and
have the cell depth expand so it fits?
does Merging Cells limit this ability? I made a giant cell
to handle the text the user might enter.

I can't figure out where to set this...
I have copied & pasted formatting from one worksheet to
another without luck.

Thanks.
Sandy

Merged cells don't adjust rowheight for wrapped text (like non-merged cells do).

Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like:
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

How to make a cell equal another cells colour?
I have conditional formatting on a set of values to highlight high/low values using a 2-colour scale. Is there a way I can get another set of cells to mirror the colour alone without changing their values? Many thanks in advance Sam.D Have them use the same conditional format rules, simply references the cells they are "mirroring". -- Best Regards, Luke M "Sam.D" <SamD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6BAC7A4-17F8-4A53-BBF3-9BCED618642F@microsoft.com... >I have conditional formatting on a set of values to highlight high...

typing vertical text
Can I type text vertically in Publisher 2002. I want the text to go down the page beside a picture. Thanks You can use Word Art to do that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "nancy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d38301c439d5$441a7b60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can I type text vertically in Publisher 2002. I want the > text to go down the page beside a picture. > Thanks nancy wrote: > Can I type text vertically in Publisher 2002. I want the > text to go down the page beside a picture. > Thanks ========================...

Opening large text files
I have some text files which I want to open in Excel. I use the Text Import Wizard and it works with no problems. As I am going to be doing this a lot, I want to write a macro so I can do it at the press of a button. However, when I try to record the macro and use the Text Import Wizard, I get the error message "Too many lines". After OK'ing the error message, the file is opened properly, but the macro recorder has turned itself off and when I look at what has been recorded it's all in red - obviously an error. Is there a way I can get around this? It's not that there...

Excel does not return to previous cell
Hi all, I am running into an problem with my users. We have a Excel 2000 spreadsheet. I know that typically, the sheet/cell that is selected when a user closes the spreadsheet will be the same when a user opens the spreadsheet the next time. However, the problem I am seeing is that the proves true with some users, but not with all users. Some users open the spreadsheet and instead of going back to, say cell A972, it opens to, say cell B4. I would welcome any input on this issue. Thanks, Jeff Averhoff <<<"I know that typically, the sheet/cell that is selected when a user...

Text boxes not resizing correctly
Hello all, I have a publisher document that's made up of text boxes, and is postcard sized. When I try to resize this to fit a whole A4 page all the text boxes bunch up, even if they are grouped together. I think it has something to do with the fact that the 'keep position relative' box is disabled when I try to format the text boxes. Any idea what's going wrong? Thanks, Anna A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Anna <itssteps@yahoo.com>!"... > When I try to resize this to fit a whole A4 page all the text boxes > bunch up, ...

How to insert Header will full text across page
what is the best way to do this? How would you insert a table row in the header so that it flows all the way across the page? I think this can be done; I've forgotten how. I want to repeat the header row and put a Table continuation notation above that. -- Janet A. ...

Cell Shading Color
I am running Excel 2003 in Win XP Pro SP2 I would like to set up cells so the fill color: = pale blue when the entered value is => 110 = no fill if =< 109 Is this possible? if so, how do I do it? TIA Bill Conditional formatting. Format>Conditional Formatting and set the tests accordingly. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Bill" <smile@here.net> wrote in message news:uxSFnEmHFHA.156@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am running Excel 2003 in Win XP Pro SP2 > > I would like to set up cells so the fill color: > >...

How can I "undo" an entry on a form/subform while still entering data ? 11-18-07
Hi I posted this question a couple of days ago and got 1 response but couldn't read it. Hopefully someone will have and answer. I have a form/subform for entering invoice data. What can I do if I realize that I have already entered the invoice ? Example: I enter the main form data and enter 5 lines of detail on the subform and then I realize that I have already entered this invoice before ? I would love to have a button that I could click that "undoes" the entire entry. How can this be accomplished ? Thanks Mark <mthornblad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:81271...

How do i convert dates to text but keep the date format
hi, have a series of dates but everytime i try converting them to text a number comes up. How can I convert my dates to text but keep the date format. Please Help In a helper column................ =TEXT(A1,"mmmm-dd-yyyy") You choose the format within the double quotes Copy and paste special(in place)>values>ok>esc Delete column A Or copy and paste special(onto column A) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:21:01 -0700, SallyP <SallyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, have a series of dates but everytime i try conv...

19 Digits in a Cell
It has been necessary to put 19 digits in a cell but the last four revert to Zeros (0000) I have attempted various formats of the cell but of no availe, Why? and Help please. :confused: Bri -- bri ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bri's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27704 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489539 Preformat the cell as text (format|cells|number tab|Text) Or start your entry with an apostrophe: '1234123412341234123 bri wrote: > > It has been...

Summer puzzle: age as text
Who will take on this summer puzzle? Just for fun? ;^) My formula below works, but it's too long for my tatste. Of course a less specific output could be generated with a short formula, but that's cheating. Best would be if there were no other cells involved. Maybe named fomulas? I haven't tried VBA yet, but it's an option... ========== This produces a sentence describing someone's age like this: John is 30 years, 9 months and 13 days old today. A1 has somebody's name B1 has his/her birth date C1 has the formula that describes the person's age in years, months an...

click on cell takes you to specific sheet
Sheet 1 is a summary. Each value comes from an underlying sheet. Is there a way of clicking on the cell and it will jump me to the specific sheet. With 40 or so sheets it is hard to remember which sheet generates the value on sheet 1. Thank you You can make a hyperlink which lets you jump to a specified cell in a specified worksheet with Insert / Hyperlink.. /Place in This Document . GL, Henk "Ron Tarr" wrote: > Sheet 1 is a summary. Each value comes from an underlying sheet. > > Is there a way of clicking on the cell and it will jump me to the specific > sheet....

How do I allow text to continue on next line rather than it being.
I need to allow words to flow onto the next line rather than them being hyphenated and then the last bit of the word on the next line. Its really annoying. How do I do this? Thanks Tools, language, hyphenation... Also in tools, options, you can clear automatic hyphenation under the edit tab. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ImageStyle" <ImageStyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45BAF9D7-4BDE-46F4-A6F6-ED636FB57D24@microsoft.com... >I need to allow words to flow onto the next li...

Protect cells from moving
I have a protected worksheet with unprotected cells for users to input data. There are formulae which read the cells to build up a set of codes. Users have been moving thier input cells (Cut & Paste) which of course corrupts the formulae. Protection allows me to prevent inserting and deletion of rows but not cells. How can I prevent users from moving cells. Its fine if they want to copy. So Copy & Paste is fine but not Cut & Paste. Thanks Neil ...

adding text to a sumproduct formula
I have a sumproduct formula which I'd like to also display a percentage of the total in the same cell. The formula is SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(C2:C8,4)="S.F."),E2:E8)+SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(C2:C8,4)<>"S.F."),D 2:D8) If the result of this formula is 10 and the total for all the sumproduct formulas in the same column is 100, the cell would display "10 (10%)" less the quotes I've tried use "&" but my attempts either return an error or an empty cell. The cell is located at F2 (for example) and the total is located at E50. Any ideas? You need to ...

Pasting into visible cells only
I have two worksheets that are set up to custom view with a sort function; i.e. it hides lines. I know how to copy visible lines to a fully open worksheet. If the worksheet I want to copy to is also sorted to have the same number of visible lines is there a way to copy just into those visible lines? I get an error box saying " cannot paste in to multiple selections". Excel will only paste into a contiguous range, so you can't copy visible cells only, and paste into visible cells only. TV Man wrote: > I have two worksheets that are set up to custom view with > a so...

Displaying a blank cell
I have this formula in my spreadsheet... =IF('Prospect Questions'!B61=""," ","") Obviously, if cell B61 on the Prospect Questions work sheet is blank, I want this new cell to appear with a blank. Otherwise I want the contents of what's in B61. When I enter this formula, it is displaying the formula. What am I doing wrong??? Is the formatting wrong??? Or just the formula?? HELP! Have you text format in the cell with the formula? Also, =IF('Prospect Questions'!B61="","",'Prospect Questions'!B61) I noticed th...

keyboard shortcut to return to previous cell after "find" or "got.
Is there any easy way to returnt to the previously selected cells? This is helpful especially after "goto" or "find". Hi, One way is to have 2 macros, both with their own shortcuts, one to store the current active cell address, and the other to use that stored address to reset the active cell. The macro would store the address somewhere on the sheet, or in a Public statement. Or a single macro could be used, which toggles between storing and restoring, depending on the state of the storage address. Would this be of help? Regards - Dave. "Nadavb" wrote: &g...

Finding text
I'm recording a macro to use across multiple documents. One task of the macro is to select a text string in the document and then take actions with multiple occurances of that string. The "non-programmed" way of doing this is to select the string, copy it, open the find box, and paste the string into the find window and click "Find Next." When I record these actions, the actual selected text gets saved into the macro as follows: With Selection.Find .Text = " Selected text" The next time I run the macro, in another file, wit...

preventing a cell from being referenced?
How do you do this? I don't think you can stop it. Eijah626 wrote: > > How do you do this? -- Dave Peterson ...

Entering date QUICKLY
Do you know how to enter dates (in non US format) without using the / character? Eg 091204 instead of 09/12/04. I have seen it done, but don't know how. Please post to one group only. See my answer in other group -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "DOMINIC JOSLIN" <patmag1@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:41b9678f$1_1@news.iprimus.com.au... > Do you know how to enter dates (in non US format) without using the / > character? Eg 091204 instead of 09/12/04. I have seen it done, but don't > know how. > Hi use the following...

can I import excel cells into word as labels
I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into word as labels. I have one column of numbers(approx. 350 cells) I would like to import into Word as individual labels. can this be done? -- Trial and Error takes too long! Use Mail merge. :) http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_labels_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "wichita6" <wichita6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79D3E90-8093-4B9F-B195-DF6C4C54ED0D@microsoft.com... >I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into ...

Entering UPC for items
I would like to be able to use a keyboard scanner to scan in items into a sale, purchase order, etc... but I dont see a field in the inventory item setup to store the item UPC..... Is it available somewhere so we can scan items into transactions ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris B. Why don't you use the barcode number AS the part number. It makes life so simple then doing inventory. Mike "Chris B." <ChrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D7A8B5-7CFD-43B3-9B2F-9D4710DC7133@microsoft.com... >I would like to be able to use a k...

Blanking cells with formula errors
The cell with the below formula returns the #N/A sign. =VLOOKUP(A3,'!MW'!A:J,5,FALSE) The value I am looking up (A3 on this occasion) is sometimes #N/A (which I know) Is there an IF formula that I can incoroporate within the above formula to return "" if my lookup value (A3) equals #N/A. ???? I hope someone follows this! Thanks in advance! =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A3,'!MW'!A:A,0)),VLOOKUP(A3,'!MW'!A:J,5,FALSE),"") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Richard Layzell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:099101c3a7...

Referencing an excel 'cell' value on the shapesheet screen
I have a value in an excel spreadsheet, Test.xls for example at cell 'A1', that I want to use in the PinX field of a shapesheet. How do I reference the excel sheet in the shapesheet window? I tried to use ='Path\[Test.xls]Sheet1'!A1 to do this but it didn't work. Thanks for all your help. Hi Fred, That's a cool idea and it makes perfect sense, but... I know the ShapeSheet looks like Excel, but unfortunately, you can't do this directly. You could write some automation code that might be able to do some sort of linking, but this capability isn't built ...