Autofilter reset button

I recently saw a spreadsheet (don't have the file) that used an Autofilter
for the column titles on a freezed pane. Very standard set-up that most of
you are well aware of. The big difference is that a Form-type button coupled
with a macro was set-up to reset all  Autofilters in use. All you did was
press the button, named "Reset Filters" and voila - every user-defined
Autofilter was reset back to the "All" setting.

How can I replicate the same thing?
0
Cheese (11)

Actually, I think you can record that macro.

http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_excel.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Cheese" <Cheese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently saw a spreadsheet (don't have the file) that used an Autofilter
> for the column titles on a freezed pane. Very standard set-up that most of
> you are well aware of. The big difference is that a Form-type button
coupled
> with a macro was set-up to reset all  Autofilters in use. All you did was
> press the button, named "Reset Filters" and voila - every user-defined
> Autofilter was reset back to the "All" setting.
>
> How can I replicate the same thing?

0
ng1 (1444)
7/9/2005 5:17:23 AM
Thank you Anne. For some reason, I didn't think to try recording this macro.

On a related topic, I'm having trouble dealing with the panes and the
Autofiltering now. In addition, I cannot activate the button - clicking on it
selects the button as to move its position around.

Without the autofiltering in use, I had the first three rows on a seperate
pane from the rest to allow for the column headings, some text, and a place
for the macro form button to go. When selecting a piece of criteria from the
Autofilter menus, my top pane is reduced to one row and the column headings
disappear. Maybe I'm doing this wrong and I need to use a Split instead of
trying to freeze the top pane?
0
Cheese (11)
7/9/2005 7:04:01 AM
Hey,
you can achieve the same by recording a new macro and giving it a name. U
can also save it as a button on the toolbar, so that it gives u a feel of
Form.

"Cheese" wrote:

> I recently saw a spreadsheet (don't have the file) that used an Autofilter
> for the column titles on a freezed pane. Very standard set-up that most of
> you are well aware of. The big difference is that a Form-type button coupled
> with a macro was set-up to reset all  Autofilters in use. All you did was
> press the button, named "Reset Filters" and voila - every user-defined
> Autofilter was reset back to the "All" setting.
>
> How can I replicate the same thing?
You can add a button to your favorite toolbar.

Tools|customize|commands tab|Data category
Look for "Show All"

And drag it to the toolbar.

This button will be available for every worksheet.

You may want to drag the autofilter button to that same toolbar.  Just select
your range and click that button to do the same as Data|filter|autofilter.

--

Dave Peterson
0

*******************

> Thank you Anne. For some reason, I didn't think to try recording this
macro.

> On a related topic, I'm having trouble dealing with the panes and the
> Autofiltering now. In addition, I cannot activate the button - clicking on
it
> selects the button as to move its position around.
>
> Without the autofiltering in use, I had the first three rows on a seperate
> pane from the rest to allow for the column headings, some text, and a
place
> for the macro form button to go. When selecting a piece of criteria from
the
> Autofilter menus, my top pane is reduced to one row and the column
headings
> disappear. Maybe I'm doing this wrong and I need to use a Split instead of
> trying to freeze the top pane?

0
ng1 (1444)
7/9/2005 2:35:15 PM
> What version, Cheese?
> http://www.mrexcel.com/tip046.shtml

Excel 2000.
0
Cheese (11)

Report button in toolbar
Hi I notice that some of my users dont have the report button on their screen although in their role, i give access to report. Could someone help me? Thx Carrie Did you check if the language of the report matches the language of the user? -- Dejan Dular http://a-crm.blogspot.com "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6A45265-FCBD-4366-8078-03AB680EFC36@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I notice that some of my users dont have the report button on their screen > although in their role, i give access to report. > > Could someo...

Opening a query from a command button
I have several queries opening from a single command button. The first should be: DoCmd.OpenQuery DELETEtbldatentry I get an error message telling me "DELETEtbldatentry = empty" the query name is correct (including case) and the query opens and runs fine when opened manually. What am I doing wrong? Paul Please provide a bit more context in which this line of code is being executed... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a produc...

Large Buttons
I have recently been using a VFoxPro application that utilises a toolbar with large buttons that contain text and images to open forms. I like this feature and wonder if anyone knows a way of doing this in Access 2002? Thanks for any help, Ian. My approach is to create a form with a number of command buttons. Use a graphics program to create a bitmap for each button that contains both an image and the text you wish to display. Set the "Picture" property of each button to one of the bitmap files. "Ian" wrote: > I have recently been using a VFoxPro application th...

No Task bar, no start button, no icons, nothing but wallpaper
When I boot the computer, it brings me to user profile page that displays correctly. When I chose a profile loads and the screen is blank other than the desktop wallpaper. No Task bar, start button, icons, nothing but wallpaper. The only way to access the system is through control-alt-delete and choose "new task". From new task I can access all programs, even can choose desktop and it shows the desktop icons that you can open. I tried reloading Win XP Home Edition but get a message that there isn't enough disk space. I tried Disk Claen-up and Disk Defrag but it d...

Reset counter in subform
Hi,I am trying to make a database for invoices generated. Within eachinvoice, is another table with the invoice details. Both tables arelinked. When a user enters data for an invoice, I would like thesubform (the invoice details) to enter the counter for each newrecord.For example, Invoice A has 3 items and Invoice B has 5 items. When theuser enters Invoice A and enters those 3 items within the form, thereis an autonumber which shows the numbers 1 to 3 (or more, if there aremore entries.When the user starts entering data for Invoice B, the counter startsfrom 4 (because there are already 3 item...

Bitmaps on Buttons
In the .NET 2003 IDE, buttons include a property in the properties window called Bitmap. This property can be set to True or False. Does anyone know how to display a bitmap in the button when this property is True? I can't seem to find any information on this and pressing F1 brings up general help for the Property Window. Thanks for any info! -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com Look up CBitmapButton. Ali R. "Jonathan Wood" <jwood@softcircuits.com> wrote in message news:eJWj7AynDHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > In the .NET 2003 ...

Command button opening new window
Within my main form, I have command buttons that run query searches that open a new window based on the search information I input. It always opens in a new window, and also leaves the main form open. Is it possible to have the search opened in the same window? Thanks! Not really. A Sekect query opens as a datasheet form. You could create a subform on your main form and make the record source of the sub form the query you are running. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shari" wrote: > Within my main form, I have command buttons that run query searches that open > ...

reset outlook?
I've just loaded Outlook 2007 in order to manage my hotmail. When setting up the program I (mistakenly) chose the option to import all the personal folders from Outlook express. Now that Outlook has synced, there are TWO of each email in each folder. HOW DO I CLEAN OUT ALL THE PERSONAL FOLDERS AND EMAIL FOLDERS TO , ESSENTIALLY, START OVER WITHOUT DELETING THE EMAILS ON THE MSN SERVER? "John Goodwood" <John Goodwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1B6B95A-EE88-4203-BF8B-16FC4FED2CE1@microsoft.com... > I've just loaded Outlook 2007 in order to...

Missing toolbar buttons
My formula bar buttons come and go. I am needing the Enter Button and it's not there. What do I do? Pressing the Enter key doesn't get the result I am needing on my worksheet. Any help will be greatly appreciated. -- scottie Not sure what you're needing to do. If you need to add a carriage return in a cell, hold Alt and then press Enter. Good Luck, Paul "scottie" <scottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A046C66-E122-4CED-ADD1-0F2DF9D9514D@microsoft.com... > My formula bar buttons come and go. I am needing the Enter Button and it's ...

The active AutoFilter changes property cells (color)?
Hello everybody! Please, help me with Excel. There is the autofilter (AF) be established on the sheet in 100 columns. It is possible to make on VBA that at use AF a cell in which the condition has been entered was allocated by color, for example yellow? In program Excel color of a triangle inside the button (black on dark blue) varies. At high sanctions of the screen (1400x1050) this change of color is not visible almost. Help! Or inform what is it to make not probably. Excuse for bad English. Thanks all who will respond. -- Vasiliy ---------------------------------------------------------...

How do I get yes, no or maybe buttons on an email?
I'm trying to send out an invite to people, but not an appt or meeting. I would like a standard email to have a YES, NO & MAYBE button at the top so they can respond to let me know if they're interested. How do I go about doing this in Outlook 2003? I've seen it before, just don't know how to do it. You can use voting for this. When composing a message, press the Options... button to enable it. Note that the recipient will need Outlook as well for it to work. This feature is best to be used within the same Exchange organization as 3rd party mail servers and/o...

Autofilter
How do you use Autofilter in some columns and not in others? ...

Change Password through OWA Button
How do I make change Password through OWA button appear? Thanks. Here is a link that should help you out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327134&Product=exch2k -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Friend of Gas Oil and Agriculture" <fgoatexas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00bf01c3ccc4$4821d920$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I make change Password through OWA button appear? > Thanks. ...

State of mouse buttons from anywhere
Is there a structure containing the current state of the mouse buttons? No. However, GetAsyncKeyState has virtual key codes that query the mouse button status. joe On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:36:02 -0700, "Yasoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a structure containing the current state of the mouse buttons? Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm Cool. Thanks Joe. ...

how to keep the command buttons in their place
Hi I am using the advancedfilter xlfilterinplace function to select suitable data. There are two buttons, one for xlfilter and the other to showall data for reselection. The function is very helpful . Sometimes after pressing the showalldata button these helpful buttons are gone. I didn't know why at the beginning but I could only know there were somewhere in the spreadsheet. Later, I found these buttons stayed at the rows for instance over thirty thousand something. I have to bring them back to the original position. Please tell me how to hold them at the position where they are a...

Toggle Buttons
Hi, there is probably a pretty simple answer to this but here it goes: I Have 2 toggle buttons which alternate with one another, they both bring up different forms while hiding the other form what I want todo is to click the next/previous record button and for the the record to appear and the correct form to display depending on if a field from form1 is empty so far I have got : Private Sub nextrecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_nextrecord_Click DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acPrevious >>If textboxform1.text ="" then >>toggle2ndform.???<< >>Else >>toggle...

resetting the registry for Excel
There was a post in the past 2-3 months about a way to delete the Excel registry entries and then reset them. I'm aware of how to do this via /unregserver & /regserver but there was an alternate way which was more extensive. I unfortunately can not find the post. Does anyone recall it or have a link to it? Thanks, Bob Is this it? http://www.theofficeexperts.com/excel.htm#ExcelTroubleshooting -- Steve "Robert Flanagan" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:eOapafHuJHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > There was a post in the past 2-3 months about a...

Reset to default font for both Excel and Access 2000
I am using Office 2000.Recently, someone has changed the default font for Excel to Times New Roman and Size 12. And I just discover that it also affect Access 2000.I just wonder is there any easy way to reset the font to default for both Excel and Access (I cannot recall what is the default font and size) ?Besides, I would like to know why the change in Excel also affect that in Access ?Thanks Hi Peter Right click on the desktop Select appearance Select advanced Select area Select fonts -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Peter" wrote: > I am using Office 2000. > > Rec...

Windows XP Start button right click question.
When I right click on the start button in XP classic menu there are all kinds of things in the "context menu" such as Open, Explore, Explore from here, Scan with AVG, Combine files in Acrobat, Open in Onenote, Groove Folder syn---, Etc. Question is where and how do I delete these some of these things I never use? I looked in some of the different progs to no avail. Is it in the registery someplace? Thanks for the possible help. kraut wrote: > When I right click on the start button in XP classic menu there are > all kinds of things in the "context m...

autofilter #7
Hello Dear friends - Maybe You can tell me how Can I "force " ms excel to use more than two Criteria fileds in autofilter /under VBA / ?? Now I have something like this : Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=*GW" Or "=*GWRL", Operator:=xlAnd but I need to put one or two Criteria in this filter. Regards for everyone Loko In XL97, I use something like this..... Selection.AutoFilter Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("c2").Value Selection.AutoFilter Field:=25, Criteria1:=Worksheets(&qu...

PROBLEM WITH AUTOFILTER #2
..I HAVE A WORKBOOK, AND I ACTIVATED THE AUTOFILTER DROPDOWN BOXES. I NOTICED WHEN I OPEN THE DROPDOWN WINDOW OF THE AUTOFILTER OF A COLOM, I DO NOT SEE ALL THE DATA THAT IS IN THAT COLOM. IT SEEMS LIKE IT GOES TO A CERTAIN POINT AND THEN IT STOPS SHOWING ANYTHING AFTER IT. EXAMPLE: I HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH OF DATES IN THIS COLOM. THE DROPDOWN WINDOW ONLY GOES TO THE YEAR OF 2003. THERE ARE MORE ENTRIES THAT HAVE DATES AFTER THAT, BUT I CANT SEE IT IN THE AUTO FILTER SORRY FOR THE CAP LOCK. NEW USER HERE ...

Excel Stop Recording Button Disappeared
I have Office 2000 and I use Excel to record macros in my workbooks. In the past a "Stop Record" button would show up when I would begin recording a macro, but at some point it stopped displaying. Why did it go away and how do I get that button to display again? Hi Start recording a macro, using Tools|Macro|Record new macro. Enter on the name form. Click on Tools|Customise|, select Tools, scroll down to Record Macro and click on it. Go out of the customising screen and it will be back. Stop the recording by clicking on the stop button. Hey DON'T click on the X aga...

Creat a filter button.
How can I creat a button on the form that can perform a form filter instead of haing to right click on the form or select form filter from the record menue. I want to creat three buttons. one to creat the filter, one to apply the filter and one to clear the filter. I only need help for the first one. Thanks all. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com To create a filter for your form, your code will need to generate a string that looks just like the WHERE clause in a query. You can then assign that string to the Filter property of the report, and set FilterOn as true. This ex...

Filling a Command Button
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fill a command button. I've ungrouped and tried to fill - - didn't work. I went to behavior, protection and style - - nothing seemed to work. How do I do this? I assume you are referring to the Command button shape in the Windows User Interface shapes. Unfortunately these shapes have lots of protections on them to ensure that they look like the Windows UI elements. If you really want to change the color, you will need to go to Edit > Open Group (at the bottom of the menu) and then open the Shapesheet for the button. In the Fill...

Code on button how?
I want the following code attach to a commandbutton. Sub Rij_Invoegen() ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).EntireRow.Insert End Sub I wont get it working. I want to insert a row under the row i select. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ If you use a commandbutton (a commandbutton is from the control toolbox toolbar), just double click on it and you'll see where the code goes. You'll just copy|paste that single line--it'll already have the name of the sub and the End sub line. If you used a button from the Forms toolbar, you could put your cod...