Autofilter problem #2

I have this quite annoying problem with autofilter because I work with large
lists very offten. I read somewhere that autofilter is limited to 1000 rows.
Is there a solution for this? Using custom filter doesn't help too much.
Thanks.

Hi
see
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

dustystorm wrote:
> I have this quite annoying problem with autofilter because I work
> with large lists very offten. I read somewhere that autofilter is
> limited to 1000 rows. Is there a solution for this? Using custom
> filter doesn't help too much. Thanks.
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Windows Movie Maker
Hello,I have been trying to publish a movie in Windows Movie Maker and every time I go to publish, the screen whites out and the program closes and re-boots. I then get a pop-up message in my system tray stating that Data Execution Prevention is the reason for the program closing.  In my Problem Reports history, the Problem Event Name is always BEX. The most common Fault Module Name is StackHash_fd00, though there are others ending in .dll.If anyone could give me some insight as to what is causing this problem and how to correct it, I would be eternally grateful! Post Or...

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

MSDN Installation 1.2: Javascript Errors
I have installed a CRM Server and separate CRM client (along with the supplied example database). Access through IE6 works fine. Within Sales for outlook, I have 2 issues; 1> It takes 1.5 minutes to start up Outlook (it's only a 1Ghz machine, but CPU usage appears as 1-2% while it is loading). 2> I get various script errors when clicking on the CRM Shortcuts; Errors include messages such as... 'http//crmsvr/sfa/home_comps.aspx - object does not support this property or method' IE script error 'Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101' For testing, ...

USB2 2.5 external backup
After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which external drive to buy. I am converting to USB 2.0 but on seeing a number of sales sites often 2.5 drive is shown as laptop and 3.5 as desktop. As I have very little backup 40 GB would give me ample space. I have a desktop unit but would prefer a 2.5 would this be compatible with desktop setup. Regards Roger ========================================= ============================== Roger wrote: > After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which > external drive to buy. I a...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 error #2
I have not been able to keep Outlook up on our server, it closes soon after it is opened with this error that I cannot understand. It says: Exception: access violation (0xc0000005) Address: 0x3f99a142 What does it mean and how can I fix it? Does anyone have any idea? Thank you! ...

Problems with rules
I have a problem with a rule. When I get email from a certain address it ends up in my designated spam folder. The problem is that this particular email address is not listed in my unwanted email list and no rules are supposed to trigger on the message in question. What could be causing this? ...

can't fix Money stopped working problem
I was able to access and use it completely a couple of days ago and I suddenly started getting messages that it wasn't working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the CD, but still can't get past the log in page. I tried logging in and skipping the internet access, but still no success. There are no recent changes to my computer that I see. found a "fix" on the support site for money plus when it suddenly stops working. I can't update the program now because I can't get in. When I tried to change the DEP settings to except the files listed in the ...

Problem with objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print")
Hi, I have found several examples of scripts that use this: "objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print")" to print text files. However, when I use it, I get a dialog box for every single file printed with the date/time and an OK button. This is really anoying if you have hundreds of files to Print. I have seen the issue brought up before, but no answer to the question. I did try to send it to NUL objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print") > NULL but that did nothing at all. Is there a way to print all the text files in a directory with out having to click OK 100 ti...

Outlook Problem #28
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_08C5_01C45F62.7BD33710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a user who when closes Outlook and opens it again, it says that = the Exchange server is no longer available. I setup the Outlook to = point to the Exchange again and it works fine. But when you close it, = it does it again. Any ideas! --=20 Maurice ------=_NextPart_000_08C5_01C45F62.7BD33710 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

Multiple users #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed a home/student version of Office. My wife installed the same and unfortunately used the same of the three product codes. Every time she uses this I get kicked off. I uninstalled Office and re-installed with the idea of entering a different product code, but it never asked for a product key code. The program is fully working, except when my wife starts using hers and I get kicked off again. How do I fix this? See step #4 here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey -- HTH |:>) Bo...

Problems with autosum...
I'm using Excel to carry out simple accountancy tasks. I'm using autosum to total up a column of figures to two decimal places. In some worksheets it works fine, in others the resulting autosum value is 0.02 less than the actual sum of the column. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone know a solution? This is a rounding effect. I expect you have formatted the numbers to show two decimal places. For example: in cells A10 and A11 you might see 12.34 and 10.54 but the actual (stored) values are 12.33612 and 10.53592. These add to 22.87204 which is displayed as 22...

Word as EMail Editor in Outlook, Smartquote Problem
Using Office 2003 in Win XP Pro. Word is set as e-mail editor in Outlook. Word is set to use smartquotes, as they look better than the plain straight quotes, in Word documents. However, that seems to cause problems in Outlook e-mail. Spell-checker reports that words are spelled incorrectly, and if sent as is, the other party receives them seeing squares instead of quotation marks. How can I fix this? Has anyone come up with a solution? You have to pick a font that you know has the characters, since not everyone receiving it is guaranteed to have the same font story that you have.... --...

Banks #2
I am reviewing my current banking relationship and am looking for a better option than Wells Fargo. Their current charges for using bill pay through M/S money is $9.95 a month, no relief it having a high balance or combined accounts. "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F89443FF-1B73-4F22-A029-488DCE4701FF@microsoft.com... >I am reviewing my current banking relationship and am looking for a better > option than Wells Fargo. Their current charges for using bill pay > through > M/S money is $9.95 a month, no relief it having a high ...

Error Handler #2
Has anyone written an error handler for VBA forms. The error handler would display error messages based on bad input and pop up messages dynamically, etc. If not, has anyone developed a clean way to display error messages without using excessive message boxes? Thanks for any help. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Instead of message boxes and popups, consider a label on the form itself that displays the error message. In article <Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>, Ripan <<Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > Has anyone written an error ...

Sumif base on 2 criteria
I am having problems coming up with a sumif formula based on two conditions. I have three columns. Column A = client #, Column B = work code, and Column C = hours. I am looking for a sumif formulat that will calculate the total hours worked for employees working on (for example) Client #387 and work code 88. Please help if you know how to do this. thanks. Joe Hi Joe; use sumproduct for this; =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=387)*(B1:B100=88),C1:C100) I am assuming 387 and 88 are NUMBERS. If not, enclose them in ""s. "Joe Rotondo" <desjoe@aol.com> wrote in m...

Highlighting Rows #2
Hi Is there a way in which the row you are currently on in excel is highlighted in a different colour, and reverts back to original when user moves to a new row? Thanks right click sheet tab>view code>paste this>SAVE. You'll like it. 'McCurdy.Here is something inspired by Don Guillett. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim MyRng As Range Set MyRng = Target.EntireRow Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoTo end1 Application.Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With MyRng .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=R...

reading pane in outlook 2003 #2
i prefer not to use the reading pane and have it switched off but it seems its configured seperately for every folder, is there an overall control for the reading pane in outlook 2003 so you can just switch it off for all folders? You can do this by changing the default Messages when all folders are still in this default view. Otherwise define a new view and apply it on first use of the folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "jas0n" &...

Re: Public Folders permissions problem
ooops ... we're on Exchange 2003. j -- jj runnion jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu "JJ Runnion" <jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu> wrote in message news:... > somehow we've gotten "locked out" of permissions on the calendars and > other folders in our Public Folders. > When I right-click on the calendar in Exchange Manager Admin > Group\Folders\Public Folders, a username/password box pops up and won't > take any of the admin username/passwords (domain admin, enterprise admin, > etc.). I get "the operation failed. ID no:80007005 Exchange system > M...

2 Y Axes: Lines and a Stacked Column
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003 SP3 and having trouble with the following... Sample data: X Axis Y Axis1 Y Axis1 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Date DataA DataB DataC DataD DataE 1/31/09 4.3 3.6 10% 40% 50% 2/28/09 2.9 1.9 30% 60% 10% 3/31/09 1.2 6.4 15% 10% 75% I need Y Axis1 to be two simple lines and Y Axis2 a stacked column that sums to 100%. Can't figure this out. Please advise... Thanks! Jeff First, clear the cell above the dates,...

PSTDisconnectDelay #2
I'm running Outlook 98 on an XP machine and I need to change the default time for how long outlook locks it's PST file for. I have added a registry key for this and set it to 10 seconds as listed in the help files (See below) but with no change. It still takes 30 minutess for outlook to release the file. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 234211 "The .pst file lock release interval is now configurable by adding the following DWORD value PSTDisconnectDelay to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0 \Outlook\PST Setting PSTDisconnect...

Ending Cash Balance in Investment Transactions Register vs Cash Transactions #2
This subject is the same as a previous topic. There didn't seem to be a conclusion in the last discussion of this problem, so I decided to address it once again for those who may still be suffering from this issue. Nonetheless, it's probably worth it for you to read the previous discussion for additional background and context information. THE PROBLEM: In MS Money 2004, for whatever reason, some transactions are stored as Opening Balance transactions and they're hidden from the user such that the opening balance will always be greater than zero even when there are no transaction...

RE: Outlook 2003 / CRM 1.2 Install issue.
Hey there, Having trouble installing client v1.2 on a Win2000 Office 2003 client. The install completes sweet as no probs but when I first load up Outlook '03 I get the message Microsoft CRM ---------------- An error occurred whilr installing Microsoft CRM folders. Have tried searching for log files for the client but to no avail. If anyone can point me towards something or even tell me where the (install)log files are would be much apprec. Chris. Chris, I had a similar problem on a test install of CRM 1.0 with win XP and office 2003. I Just kept clicking ok and then c...

Strange problem after migration
After migrating over to Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 we are having a strange user poblem with Exchange. I migrated the user accounts over with the ADM tool then installed/migrated exchange over from 5.5. Now when I try to connect to OWA or using Outlook I have to login as: HCS\jhay instead of just jhay. HCS was the old NT4 domain and now my new domain is trillion21. I did the steps listed in Microsoft's Exchange 2003 Deployment Guide and everything went fine with no errors. Another thing is that if I go into AD Users and right click on a user it does not have any Exchange taks e...

Problems when Ripping CDs to .mp3
I've started ripping a lot of my CDs to .mp3 format, but keep running into a problem when doing so. I'm currently using Windows XP & Windows Media Player 11. When I insert a CD, the ripping process begins as it should. A folder is created with the Artist name, Album name, Song titles, etc. Somewhere along the way, though, the Media Player and/or OS begins to "redo" things and creates a folder titled "Unknown Artist" along with a bunch of subfolders titled "Unknown Album (5-29-2010 1-46-31 PM). The subfolders all contain certain tracks f...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...