Autofilter not working

Hi,

When using AutoFilter in Excel (Data->Autofilter) the spreadsheet freezes
and stops working. This occurs on both small and large spreadsheets.

Any info on how to overcome this is appreciated.

Ahmed

CHeaderCtrl.SetOrderArray does not work?
I try to inverse items of header control. fowllowing is snippet of code: // Inverse order of columns int nCount = m_wndHeader.GetItemCount(); int *lpiOrder = new int[nCount]; int *lpiOrderInverse = new int[nCount]; m_wndHeader.GetOrderArray(lpiOrder, nCount); for(int i=0; i<nCount; i++) { lpiOrderInverse[nCount - i] = lpiOrder[i]; } m_wndHeader.SetOrderArray(nCount, lpiOrderInverse); delete lpiOrder; delete lpiOrderInverse; /////// End code while it run to "m_wndHeader.SetOrderArray", always a error occurs in "AfxUnlockGlobals". then, I change s...

Runtime error for macro that works in workbook created in
Hi there, I created a macro to fill in fields and saved it in my personal workbook so it could be used for all my workbooks. It works in the original workbook I created it in, but when I try to open it in others, I get the 1004 runtime error! Is there something I'm doing wrong? All my fields are named, and when I run it, it fills in the first field but gives me the error immediatly after. Here's my code, hopefully someone can offer me help. Thanks! Crystal Sub Macro1() ' ' FormFill Macro ' Range("REQUESTORF").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = &qu...

Convert Word 2003 to Works
Hi, the new system that I purchased has OfficeWorks installed which I would rather use that the (cumbersum) Office 2003 program and would like to know if their is an easy way to covert the xxx.doc files to Works xxx.wps format? Thanks, Bob Does "Works" open the doc files? If so, you don't need to convert. Boblink wrote: > Hi, the new system that I purchased has OfficeWorks installed which I would > rather use that the (cumbersum) Office 2003 program and would like to know if > their is an easy way to covert the xxx.doc files to Works xxx.wps format? &g...

Year(Date()) not working
Access 2003 Win 2000. SELECT tblCustomerComplaints.DateReceived FROM tblCustomerComplaints WHERE (((tblCustomerComplaints.DateReceived)=Year(Date()))); The Year(Date)) isn't returning the current year as I *think* it should. It returns NULL. Can anyone please point out what I'm doing wrong? Thanks! Given the name of the field ([DateReceived]), is it reasonable to assume that the value is a date/time value? If so, why are you comparing it to the Year-value of today's date (i.e., Year(Date()))? (?are you trying to test the value in [DateReceived] to see if ...

Problem with termination of a console app within an MFC app while console is working
Hi, I have a mfc application. It executes a console application with CreateProcess which is a lenghtly process. I will hide the console app from the user. My problem is this: I want to close MFC app AND console application While hidden console app. is still active. How can I do this? Code is below: void CCPSDoc::OnAnalyseRun() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here CString str ; str = "cmd /c waitdlg.exe" ; //an app can work 15 minutes STARTUPINFO si; PROCESS_INFORMATION pi; ZeroMemory( &si, sizeof(si) ); si.cb = sizeof(si); si.dwFlags = STARTF_USESHOWWI...

Functions won't work
I received a spreadsheet from a user and when I create a column and use the =C2 function, it shows the text "=C2" and doesn't show what is in C2. Is there anyway to get the function settings to work? I have already tried changing the format of the cells, however the functions aren't being activated somehow... Hi Make sure the cell is not formatted as text. If it is, change it and re-enter your formula. Also check Tools/Options/View that Formulas is not checked. Hope this helps. Andy. "dogpigfish" <dogpigfish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Money 2007
Hello, I have the following problem if someone can help me please: I'm starting to setup the budget but there are no % numbers on each budget group, just little square and illegible characters, is this a bug? or am I doing something wrong? thanks for any help -- Cris ...

Autofiltering for partial matches
My bank posts automatic payments for some accounts as follows: 123 PHONECOMPANY XXX 456 PHONECOMPANY XYZ I know how to autofilter for exact matches -- but it would be very helpful to autofilter for all the strings that have PHONECOMPANY inside them, whether or not they begin and/or end with different characters. Is there any way I can sort or filter for only the rows that have the string PHONECOMPANY, even if that's an internal string? Click that filter arrow choose custom choose contains type phonecompany Or choose custom choose equals type *phonecompany* PeterJordan wrote: ...

Sometimes my links don't work
Occasionally links I receive in incoming email do not work. Outlook views them as text, and I have to copy and paste the link into my browser. Is there a setting I can adjust that will address this very annoying problem? -- Dena Jo Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain. Plonk the bastards: http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html ...

Can a macro be made to work based on a formula?
Is it possible to have a macro run based on the answer to a question? If the answer to a certain question is yes then the macro would run. ...

have a class like CString but work with ASCII in Unicode mode?
Hi all, I am finding a class work like CString class, but i only need that it work well with ASCII in Unicode mode? CString work with Unicode code in Unicode mode, so i dn't like use it. Using char [MAX_PATH], it isn't good. You could just use CStringA to force it to use ANSI (MBCS). Tom "Duy Trinh (Mr.)" <duy.trinh@mobinex.com> wrote in message news:%230%23VIwQDHHA.2328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I am finding a class work like CString class, but i only need that it work > well with ASCII in Unicode mode? > CString work with Unicode cod...

Copy and Paste not working in excel
Hi, Sometimes in between while working with a single or multiple excel files copy and paste will not work, i have to restart my system and relogin again. When i do Ctrl+C the cell gets selected and stops, it will not be active till i cancel it or save or untill i select any other option. -- Thanks Roshan This can happen when the Autosave is being used. Check your Excel settings, you may want to disable the autosave feature. "Roshan" <Roshan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D032996-DB0B-404F-AB86-E2A8D093BC0D@microsoft.com... > Hi,...

Send/Receive Commands stop working 02-13-10
Ofter, after opening Windows Mail and sending and receiving emails for a period of time, the Send and Receive commands will stop working. The only way I have found to solve this problem is to shut down Windows Mail and then enter it again. What could be going wrong here and how might I fix this annoyance? What antivirus software do you use? "Al_Colv" <Al_Colv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEE558E0-8609-444E-9D67-80B2410A7D75@microsoft.com... > Ofter, after opening Windows Mail and sending and receiving emails for a > period of tim...

working with excel
i am using check boxs for yes and no questions,how do i simplify the size and centering them on a row and column? There are two different checkboxes--one from the controltoolbox toolbar and one from the forms toolbar. This code will fill the topleft cell with the checkbox: Option Explicit Sub testme1() Dim OLEObj As OLEObject Dim myCBX As CheckBox For Each OLEObj In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects If TypeOf OLEObj.Object Is MSForms.CheckBox Then With OLEObj .Top = .TopLeftCell.Top .Height = .TopLeftCell.Height .Wi...

how AVG function works
Hi, When calculating the avg of numbers in say a dozen consecutive cells, what does the AVG function do if a cell is blank? or text? If it's a zero, I'm sure it would be figured in, but if it's blank or text, would it calculate the average based on 11 cells instead of 12? Hopefully that would be the case? Thanks! --Randy Starkey From Excel HELP: a.. If an array or reference argument contains text, logical values, or empty cells, those values are ignored; however, cells with the value zero are included. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Randy ...

Spell check not working????
Can anyone advise why my Word 2007 spell-check wouldn't be working?.... I have checked what and appear to have all settings on...is there some special setti ng I don't know about -- with thanks....mykco See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm that will probably cover what you have already checked but hopefully may have further information to get spellchecking working. Hope this helps DeanH "mykco" wrote: > Can anyone advise why my Word 2007 spell-check wouldn't be working?.... I > have checked what and appear to have all ...

OWA not working... (Exchange 2000)
One of our Admin deleted our default Website in Internet Service Manager to make some changes and recreated it and since then going to the http://domain/exchange has stopeed working. I notice in Exchange System Manager the Exchange Virtual Server has a Question Mark over it and when I try to configure it, it isays to use IIS service manager to do it, but I am unaware of how to do this. Can Anyone offer some help on how to get the http://domain/exchange to again point to OWA or how I can point anything to OWA so people can access their email on the web again? ANy help is greatly appreciated!...

Ctrl grave doesn't work.
I have a workbook where Control Grave does not display the formula, altho a macro that I have does toggle into and out of Formula display mode using the following technique:- www.excelsig.org/toggle.htm What is the most likely reason why Control Grave does not work? Thanks Brian Tozer. >>I have a workbook where Control Grave does not display the formula The problem occurs with just a specific workbook? Is OnKey being used in a macro to reassign the keystroke? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

getting word 2002 to work with vista
I have installed word 2002 on my laptop but i need to change the preferences in order for it to work. I don't know how to do it. Can someone give me step by step intructions ...

Rule won't work after activation
I've put in a rule to send a response message when I'm out of town, but it won't send the message. The rule format looks correct. Any ideas? Thanks larry bartelt <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've put in a rule to send a response message when I'm out > of town, but it won't send the message. The rule format > looks correct. Any ideas? What version of Outlook? What account type? Do you leave Outlook open and running while you're gone? -- Brian Tillman >-----Original Message----- >larry bartelt <anonymous@discuss...

Questions about Modeless Dialog, it works fine although the resource id was used twice
When I was try to write a modeless dialog class, my class is defined as following by the class wizard class CTestDlg : public CDialog { public: CTestDlg(CWnd* pParent=NULL ); // standard constructor ...... } CTestDlg::CTestDlg(CWnd* pParent /*=NULL*/) : CDialog(CTestDlg::IDD, pParent) { } Then I added a Create memberfuction as BOOL Create(); BOOL CTestDlg::Create() { CDialog::Create(CTestDlg::IDD); } In my following code, I use CTestDlg * pTestDlg=new CTestDlg; to construct a new dialog; and pTestDlg->Create(); pTestDlg->ShowWindow(...) to create and show t...

Autofilter results #2
Using Excel 2000, I sometimes use AutoFilter tool. Most of the time I see text at the left side of the Status Bar saying "x of y (Filtered)" but at other times I don't get this message. Is there a pattern to this? What can I do to always see this message? TIA ...

Project Server My Work 2007
Hello, I'm trying to change the task update experience for my users to have them enter in actuals in hours. In Server settings I've chosen the Actual work done and work remaining option. In PWA, under the Project Web Access section of the Modify your Shared Web Part View, I'm trying to click the tickbox for Hours per day. However it is missing. I am on the October 2009 cumulative update. Can anyone help or suggest any resolutions? Joel: In the Server Settings, did you also choose the radio button option that Resources should report hours by day? This is nec...

Send To\Mail Recipient not working
I have WinXP w/Outlook 2003. When I right click a file and choose Send To\Mail Recipient, the feature does not work. I have got it to work one time by going to Control Panels\Add Remove Programs\Set Program Access and Defaults. There I select Microsoft Windows, (instead of Custom), restart the computer and I can then send to mail recipient, but only one time. After that I get the Error message, Microsoft Office Outlook, The operation failed. This feature works when I select Outlook Express as my default Email client in Internet options. Please can someone help! Thanks in advance. Gregg ...

Insert blank row suddenly doesn't work (XL2000)
I get the following error message: To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet. Try to delete or clear the cells to the right and below your data. Then select cell A1, and save your workbook to reset the last cell used. Or, you can move the data to a new location and try again. I have tried the fixes in this message as well as the fixes suggested in KB article # 305568. No help. This is in a three-page worksheet with NO formulas that I use to track schedules for our pubs group. I am dead...