Autofilter headers with dynamic html

Hi,

I am using the code below to dynamically build an html table and write
it to excel an excel spreadsheet.  This code works great except that I
need the headers use AutoFilter on the headers, but I can't figure out
how to perform this.  I have a template that has the headers with
autofilter turned on, but when I click on the cell, no formula is
displayed.

sb.Append("<tr><td align=""center"">")
sb.Append(dr.Item("FirstName").ToString.Trim)
sb.Append("</td><td>")
sb.Append(dr.Item("LastName").ToString.Trim)
sb.Append("</td><td>")
sb.Append(dr.Item("Store"))
sb.Append("</td><td>")
sb.Append(dr.Item("OOQ"))
sb.Append("</td><td>")
sb.Append(dr.Item("FOQ"))
sb.Append("</td><td>")
sb.Append(dr.Item("Diff"))
sb.Append("</td></tr>")
sb.Append(vbCrLf)

Response.AddHeader("content-Type", "application/ms-excel")
Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "attachment;
filename=OrderstagingperformanceReport.xls")
Response.AddHeader("Content-Length", sb.Length)
Response.Write(sb.ToString())

When I view the source of a correct spreadsheet with data, the td for
the FirstName column is:

  x:autofilterrange="$A$1:$F$1" width=94
style='height:13.5pt;width:71pt'>FistName</td>

I'm just not sure how to get this into my dynamic html.  Any
suggestions and/or examples would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Amy B
0
abolden (4)

custom html editor issue
Hello. I have a webpage with a tabcontainer on it. One of the tab panels holds just the notes for the record (aspx info). I did up a custom editor to put on the tab panel. The custom editor works and looks fine on its own in combination with the css (stylesheet info and html info). ==== aspx info <cc1:TabPanel ID="tabNotes" runat="server" HeaderText="Notes"> <ContentTemplate> <asp:Textbox ID="ChangeRequestNotesLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("ChangeReque...

Pros & Cons of using HTML message format
Just wandering what are the Pros and Cons of using HTML as the Message Format in Outlook 2000. Michelle <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just wandering what are the Pros and Cons of using HTML as > the Message Format in Outlook 2000. Two of the biggest Cons is that it allows the sender to emphasize appearance over content and expands your message to many times the size needed to say what you you want to convey. A third is that, if the recipient uses a non-HTML aware client, they'll see a lot of hard to read gobbledegook. Why would anyone want to inflict HTML...

Fowarding HTML email received from Lotus Notes client
Hello All, I have a user that receives email from a contact that uses Lotus Notes. My user is on Outlook 2003 SP2 and his default email format is HTML. When he tries to forward an HTML email from the Lotus Notes contact, it automatically converts the email to Plain Text. If he manually changes the format back to HTML, he has to go to the end of any hyperlinks and hit <Enter> to get them to be hyperlinks again. It appears to only happen from this one contact (the only one I know of that uses Lotus Notes). Is there some formatting issue with the Notes email? We are doing a rolling up...

Re: URLs in HTML email often don't work
Oh, and I just followed the instructions to see those 3 buttons- that will solve the problem even if the draft folder isn't the only source of the problem. I almost always check out every GUI option but never noticed this one. Joe "Joe" <joe@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:... > the code you refer to below is what ends up hidden behind what looks like > the correct URL > > I suspect you're exactly right about how it happens. At first I didn't > realize it because the URL looks correct- but it won' work, and then I > noti...

Excel 2007 dynamic chart range
The table below feeds a 3d Column Chart in Excel 2007. It needs to be dynamic, so when figures for 4/6/2010, 4/7/2010, etc are added the chart updates appropriately. The “4/1/2010” is in cell c1. There is a dynamic range in use, where c1.cc6 is named “dynRngSalesProg” … =OFFSET(SalesProgress!$C$1,0,0,6,COUNTA(SalesProgress!dynRngSalesProg) … But the chart [series] turns that into a static range. On 4/3/2010 the chart’s Select Data showed the following: ='SalesProgress'!$A$1:$A$6,'SalesProgress'!$C$1:$E$6 Even though what was driving the chart originally wa...

Headers converting to english
Hi, I have a question from a student that I have no idea of how to answer. She says she's searched the KB but come up short. Using a Multi-language edition of Outlook, messages can be created and written in a different language (i.e. Chinese), but when the message is sent, the header converts to English, including the subject line. Is there a way to fix this? Thx for any input, I'm stumped. }-] ...

Active content in saved HTML files built in Publisher
This is an odd question. We have a government client that of course is watched over and controlled by the network police and won't allow active content (ActiveX) to run on any machine. We have a navigation-able project built in publisher and saved as HTML. It's four simple pages with just some simple "click here for next page" hyperlinks, and some hyperlinks to some pdfs. Stupidly simple. However our client can view the project because they receive the "No Active Content" error and the whole project is unusable. Is there a way to build a navigation-able pro...

Header information #2
I would like to know if there is a way to hide the back end routing information in the header field. I don't mind if the Edge's name and IP is displayed. I am just wondering if I can hide the back end CAS and MAIL server info. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. There are native tools to rewrite addresses, but not entire headers, afaik. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Maav" <marc@lrsddotnet.donotspam> wrote in message news:16F48334-30...

Print Dynamic Range

CListCtrl: Do text subitems require dynamic allocations and deletions?
When I create subitems for a list control, do I need to dynamically allocate memory for text items, then free that memory on item destruction? Or does the CListCtrl automatically make a copy of any string I assign to it for subitems and automatically free the memory? For example, would the following be valid? does the ListView_SetItem() make a copy of the text assigned to lvi.pszText? ==== sample below ====== LVITEM lvi; lvi.mask = LVIF_TEXT; CString strName="Some Name"; CString strStatus="Some Status"; for ( i = 0; i < x; i++ ) { m_ctrlPackageList.InsertItem( ...

ASP.NET Dynamic Table
Hi All, Am using VS2010 with Framework 4.0 in VB.NET I have a table which I wish to create on page load which isn't database driven I can create the table single column using new LinkLabel controls but I wish to have the links in 3 or 4 columns, not just one. Example At the moment: LinkLabel1 LinkLabel2 LinkLabel3 LinkLabel4 LinkLabel4 LinkLabel6 .... Would like them: LinkLabel1 LinkLabel2 LinkLabel3 LinkLabel4 LinkLabel5 LinkLabel6 .... This is the code I have so far, taken from an example &a...

Excel 2003 dynamic named range for the values in a pie chart
Hello, In Excel 2003, I've been trying to use a dynamic named range for the values in a pie chart: =Cost Ctr Summary x Project!PieData12 But it won't accept that. Keeps telling me: "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name and cell reference." Does anyone know why the values box on the series tab won't accept it? Hello, The value you posted has spaces in the name before the ! =Cost Ctr Summary x Project!PieData12 if you surround your workbook name in single quotes it...

Dynamics 11.0 Features List
I understand that maybe by April 2010 we will see this new version released. We have to budget 2010 now, so I need to find out what kind of features will be available in this new version so we can determine if it's something worthwhile to upgrade to. Does anyone have an enhancement document? We will be publishing a feature list at the beta timeframe, January 2010. We will be posting an updated Statement of Direction in the next week to PartnerSource, it will have a partial list of functionality. Thanks, Pam "Luvsql" wrote: > I understand that maybe by April 2010 w...

Autofilter by Combo Box Selection
I am looking to autofilter a worksheet to show the items that do not equal the selection in a conbo box. Does anyone know the code to autofilter by 'does not equal' the combobox selection. Regards Rob M ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The easiest way to see the code is to turn on the macro recorder (tools=>Macro=>Record a new macro) and perform the action manually. The turn it off and look at the code. I believe the criteria will use ...

Autofilter hiding button bar
I have a group of buttons at the top of my worksheet, over row 1. Row 1 contains the headers for the sheet, which are important as the sheet is Autofiltered. One of the buttons activates a sort macro which turns off the autofilter, sorts the sheet, then turns the autofilter back on. The macro works fine, however, when the autofilter gets turned back on, it row 1 of the sheet above the button bar, for purposes of detcting mouse clicks. Effectively, if a user hits the sort button, he turns off the button bar. Any way to either send the sheet to back , or bring the button bar to front? Iain K...

Dynamic menus #2
Hello, I have an mdi application. It holds my derived tree control. I'm trying to write a plugins mechansim. I want to enable an MFC extension dll, to add to the application tree control its own menu items. i.e. My derived tree control context menu consist of Copy, Cut, Paste and Properties menu items. I want to enable an MFC extension to add its own menu items to this context menu, for example: Select, Set Host and Rename. I also want that the handlers of thoses added menu items to reside in the MFC Extension dll. What is the best way to implement this kind of mechanism. Thanks, Jan...

headers and footers #10
Is it possible to type a custom header/footer once so that it applies to all the worksheets in a workbook? (for Excel 2000) Hi prior to the definition of your custom header/footer select all worksheets. Just click on the first sheet, hold down the SHIFT key and select the other tabs (group the sheets). After this goto the pagesetup dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bianca wrote: > Is it possible to type a custom header/footer once so that > it applies to all the worksheets in a workbook? (for Excel > 2000) ...

Outlook 2003
Every so often, the header portion in my reading panel decided to shut itself off and disappears. I have to to go to View/Arrange By/Custom/Other settings and uncheck the "Hide Header" box. This happens randomly. Any suggestions on how to fix this, it's driving me crazy. Thanks Are you using the RTM version? in the beta, clicking on the gray border toggled it off and on. BTW - the easier way to enable it is right click on the gray border. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickSt...

Referring to Cell in Header
can i refer to a cell in a header...for example if cell A1 says July Week 1...then it could say that in the header? You could use a macro that runs each time you print or print preview. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim Wks As Worksheet Set Wks = Me.Worksheets("Sheet1") With Wks .PageSetup.CenterHeader = .Range("A1").Value End With End Sub If you're new to macros: Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros here: http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html David McRitchie has an intro to mac...

Dropdown for Inside Address in letter headers
I am working to create a company letter template. I want each office to be able to choose their office from a drop down box in the header and have it update with the full address, phone, fax, etc. for the appropriate office. I have seen this done before so I know it's possible, but don't seem to be able to make it work. Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated. You might try an AutoTextList field. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://wor...

AJAX
Hello, Does anyone know how I can freeze the header row in the DataGrid that uses AJAX with IE8 Browser. I've tried applying css but it does not work in IE8 unless I switch the compatibility mode on. (which i can't on 100+ users). Thanks ...

Background or Header picture should cover entire A4 sheet when pri
Hi, I don't even know if what I need help with can be done, but here goes: I have a picture, .bmp, that I would like to appear at the top of my printed Excelsheet. The challenge is to get the picture to cover the entire sheet with NO margins. The top of the printed paper should not show any white margins at all. I've tried to use both the Header and the Background-function but solve it... Does anyone know if and how it can be done? BR //Jenny I'm using the 2007 version //J "Jenny" wrote: > Hi, > > I don't even know if what I nee...

VBA
This should be simple but I have exhausted my abilities for a solution My worksheet (jobsheet) contains jobs which are posted with work orde number, customer, location, type of work, etc, across columns in row. I have a cell on each row to input the contract amount and a cell t check off if customer has been invoiced. I currently invoice the customer via a userform and would like to en this code with applying a "check mark" or an "X" in the cell for tha customer on the job sheet. I use autofilter with workorder number for criteria to reflect row. How can I add an X o...

How Do I Print HTML Mail with Outlook
I'm trying to set up a reciept printing system with my Outlook 2000 to whenever I recieve an e-mail with HTML formatting (and images) it will print WITHOUT the Outlook Email header, complete with my graphics (not icons or thumbnails either) on a reciept. I have already created a "Rule" to actively watch my e- mail address and print receipts, but the HTML messages I am sending are not printing properly. Images are showing up as links or as thumbnail icons, I am looking for a bit more personality and style. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Justintubb@aol.com ...

Can you dynamically expand the time range to the series data added
I'm trying to create a chart for work. I have the chart with about ten years of dates. A worker will fill in the data (byte count) as the Y-Axis data. The dates are the X-Axis data. I have the dates already filled in (from 1/1/2008-12/31/2029). My question is whether or not Excel can only show data with the dates that have data. I already have it connect when a data point it missing, but I want it to also not show the last 28 years, if I only have the first year of data filled in. I would rather not have to select new series data every day. Three possible approached: 1) I...