AutoFilter #2

When using AutoFilter, is it possible to have the text
value of the filter selected inserted into a cell?  I am
using Excel to evaluate survey results.  I have a
worksheet set up so that filters can be applied to
different columns to look at the data in a variety of
ways.  The results of those filters are used to calculate
percentages, such as percent favorable responses from
respondents fitting a certain criteria.  Those results are
displayed on a separate worksheet that updates as
different filters are applied.  However, I don't know how
to get that worksheet to display the filters that were
selected.
0
smythmm1 (1)

automatically add date to email #2
Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs the date from the computer system. Thanks, ddlaz The header/properties of the msg will have both date and time appended, or are you saying you want to add the date to the body of your msg? "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:5uudnfiurtYf9PzfRVn-sw@comcast.com... > Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs the > date from the computer system. > Thanks, ddlaz > > Will setting the date in the header allow the date to automatically display eac...

Re: How to get all mails, even those for unknown recipient #2
Yes, good idea :) It is all i need (for example http://www.christensen-software.com/cscatchall.htm) But i wish those NDR are generated. To inform user that used address might be misstyped Is it posible to combine catchall mailbox with a ability of standard NDR generating? TIA > > Martin Blackstone - MVP wrote / napisal(a): > > I think you are talking a Catch All mailbox. > > Check this out > > > http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005/04/creating-catch-all-mailbox-in-exchange.html > > > > > > > "guzzi" <guzz...

Net Framework 2.0 is not supported with Microsoft CRM Connector fo
Has anyone been successful installing the 2.0 framework on the CRM server when using the GP connector? The documentation states: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is not supported with Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP Does this mean I cannot install the framework on the CRM server, or the integration server, or both? I'd like to upgrade our web server to SharePoint 3.0, but I cannot because CRM is on the same device. Is there a service pack to fix this problem, or has anyone found a way around it? ..NET 1.1 and 2.0 applications should be able to work on the same mac...

Combining 2 Publisher Files Into 1
Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Phil. Open one file, then run Publisher again open the second file. Both files are open. Add the pages you need to add the pages from the file you want to combine. Copy, paste from one file to the other. Save, you're done. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:185901c49c1d$60824030$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. > > Phil. Phil wrote: > Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. &...

IMC rerouting #2
Hello, In our exchange site we just configured a second server as IMC ( fall-back). What do we have to do to be sure that when the first one " crashes" the new one ( fall-back) becomes the dafault one autonmatically. While when this happen during the night, nobody is there to reconfigure anyrthing. Thanks for any help Mitsi ...

Invoice Template #2
Hi, I am using the invoice template in Office XP. My problem is that the current default currency is the $, I require the �. I have tried the excel help and changing the currency symbol whilst in the invoice works, but as soon as I open a new one it reverts back to the $ sign. Is there a way to set the � sign as default. In Office 2000 I had no problems at all. Thank's in advance. OS (XP Pro) is set to UK English and so is the keyboard. Regards, Monty. ...

Public folders in OWA #2
I had a problem earlier this week with getting OWA to work, finally got it working, when i added the defualt app under IIS. But when it comes up now if you go to public folders it shows it as a Directory rather than the normal outlook contacts look....you can browse it all the way to the contact, like this: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:51 AM 893 Bob Ponder.EML Any ideas? Sounds like you modified something in IIS Admin, then had those settings propagate down to the Public vdir. The only way I've ever been able to fix the view problem you are mentioning is to reinstall...

Pivot #2

Creating Postcard 2 UP & 2 sided with Mail merge
Hi everyone: Good morning. I hope that some one can help with the design and setup for doing the following: 1) Postcard 8.5 by 5.5 (basically half of 8.% X 11 letter paper). 2) Print on both sides 3) Mail merge on both sides How do I set it up so that I can have 2 postcards to be printed on 1 sheet using either one of MS Publisher or MS Word? (prefer Word) I know that my printer does it. First, I already have the design in both MS Publisher and MS Word. I also have the mail merge done. MS Publisher: Page Setup: Width 8.5 Height: 5.5 Paper: Letter (8.5 X 11)...

RICHEDIT 2 in MFC
I'm trying to create a Richedit 2 window in MFC, instead of Richedit 1, via a CRichEditCtrl, not a resource. Looking in the MFC source, CRichEditCtrl::Create() would need to be replaced at a minimum because it's creating a window with a class of "RICHEDIT" and explicitly loading "RICHED32.DLL". CRichEditCtrl::Create() is not virtual so that would be a problem. Is there a good solution? Thanks Mark Bellamy Mark, You might want to investigate AfxInitRichEdit2 on MSDN, and check www.codeguru.com and www.codeproject.com, which both has articles on using the ve...

Outlook 2003 and ActiveSync #2
Hello, I am currently running Outlook 2003 and has been working great. However, when I installed ActiveSync 3.7.1 so I could use my Compaq iPac with Mobile 2002 Outlook started to get weird. The only thing I have noticed is the system tray Outlook icon never seems to want to function when Active Sync is installed. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks! --Brian Define "weird" and "does not function." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to ...

Delivery report #2

Import #2
I want to import contacts against accounts. But wherever there are multiple contacts to a parent account crm 3.0 doesn't allow the import. Any ideas for a workaround? Dear Faiz, You can use scribe or write your own import routine for multiple contacts import. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Faiz Amir" wrote: > I want to import contacts against accounts. But wherever there are multiple > contacts to a parent account crm 3.0 doesn't allow ...

Landed Cost #2
Can someone explain how landed costs works? Is is based on actual costs or imputed cost per unit? We know an average cost per unit, but not always the actual shipping/handling costs until the vendor invoice arrives. We would like to impute a landed cost per unit, regardless of actual cost. Is this how it should be done? The actual landed cost varies by order/quantity/dollar value from some of our vendors. Another question is: Does everything we sell have to be set up as an inventory item in order to use landed cost? If we order a stock item (inventory item) and the customer order...

Money Premium 2005 #2
I had to reload my computer, how to I get Money again which I already paid for and downloaded earlier. Re-download the trial. Re-login to Passport from Money. Next time just buy the CD and avoid problems like this. "Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:861274DB-1B68-460A-8CA9-E2CC9742DAEF@microsoft.com... >I had to reload my computer, how to I get Money again which I already paid > for and downloaded earlier. ...

Refreshing a pivot table #2
I have posted this question before but didn't get any replies so am trying again in the hope that somebody knows the answer.....!! When using a pivot table, is it possible to refresh only certain columns rather than the whole table?? Any urgent help would be appreciated. Thank you. Louise You can't refresh only part of a pivot table. Perhaps you could make a copy of the source data, change only the data you want updated in the pivot table, and base the pivot table on that. Louise wrote: > I have posted this question before but didn't get any replies so am trying > ...

splitting up an IP address #2
the problem with that is that I need the IP address still. The text t columns splits it up but I loose the IP. I also need this to do i automatically -- eluehman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1309 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27776 Hi a very simple solution would be: - copy column A first to column B - apply 'Data - text to columns' on column B -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "eluehmann" <...

excel formulas #2
Can someone help me with how to create a formula that looks at one cell and based upon the number in that cell (if statement) then gives me another number? example: If cell c4 contains the number 1; then how can I have cell a8 look at cell c4 and give me the number 1 (other than a link) / then have cell a9 look at cell c4 if it contains the number 2 to then give me the number 2.................... I need a formula to look at a cell that will contain a number from 1 to 5 or above and then accoridingly give me a coresponding number to reflect if that number is 1,2,3,4 or 5. Each cel...

Syncing Outlook 2003 with Bus Contact Mgr on 2 computers
Just upgraded to Office 2003 and want to keep my Outlook on both desktop and laptop in sync. Used to be able to do it through my PDA which runs Pocket PC--sync desktop computer to PDA, then PDA to laptop for the road. But Business Contact Manager Accounts and links aren't reflected in the Pocket PC sync, although the contacts show up in Outlook contacts. How do I backup my desktop Outlook 2003 and then restore on my laptop so that the two computers have duplicate data. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm should help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

All Day events cover 2 day
When I create an all day event or even an event that covers several days, it looks fine in monthly view if you look at it in a list view it spans over to two days. So when you sync your calendar your pda shows the event as 2 days. The default for an all day event is 12:00 am to 12:00 am is there a style sheet that can be changed to reflect an all day event to be 23 hours and 59 mins. Add the duration field to the view and you'll see they are only 1 day. If they spread over 2 days on the pda, check the time zone settings on the pda. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Out...

Is there anyway to import a file from Illustrator to Publisher? #2
I work with a graphic artist who uses Illustrator on a Mac. I need to import her files (including graphics) into Publisher to use to do mail merges from an Excel spread sheet. I am running Publisher 2007 on Windows XP. Many thanks for any help................. Can't be done. If it was a file on your computer, you could try a copy and paste but there's no common format for the two programs. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "maggie94306" <maggie94306@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

comparing two spread sheets #2
In spread sheet "A" and "B" the last names are in column B and first names are in column C. I want EXCEL to tell me if the names (a name consist of a last and first name) on spread sheet "B" or in spread sheet "A" spread sheet "A" may or may not already contain the names in spread sheet "B". How do you do this is EXCEL? Hi one way: enter the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) in column D of spreasheet A: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(1,('sheetB'!$B$1:$B$1000=B1)*('sheetB'!$C$1:$C$1000=C1), 0)),"not in s...

Outlook stopped working #2
does anyone know how to make outlook work again after error message "outlook has stopped working"? i've reinstalled and this hasn't solved the problem cheers michelle JonoMish <michelle@secretbudget.net> wrote: > does anyone know how to make outlook work again after error message > "outlook has stopped working"? i've reinstalled and this hasn't > solved the problem Care to be less vague? State your Outlook version, your account type, exactly how you produce the error and what you changed on your PC just before this started happenin...

re: best way to move columns between 2 excel docs
Ok, here is my little project: In execel.doc A I have some columns that I want to move to Excel.doc B, and the columns are always positioned the same way in A, they never change their position. How do you transfer them to B, to append a running process of pre-existing prefilled from previous days ? Any code samples ? Macros ? Please help!!! :- ) I am reading a book on application-level programming, VBA for Access, so I understand more and more everyday. How much work do I have here ? Thanks. ...

HQ CLient Error #2
I have got a runtime error 6 overflow whenever i go into HQ Client configuration, I have uninstalled RMS restarted my PC and then reinstalled RMS and i still get this error this is RMS version 2.0. Please can some one help as i am really struggling with this!!! I have looked and the only runtime 6 post i can find is to do with transfers having a large number but there is nothing i can see in HQ Client that is too long and cannot get into configuration. ...