autocalculate doesn't work even with formula .

I have been using the same worksheet for past 1 year.
Last week, when I edit the worksheet by input new data into it, I realise
that :
1.  The "Total" does not add up the sums of 2 cells automatically, even
though the "A1 + B1" formulation is still in the cell.
2.  I have auto-link sheet 1 cells into sheet 2 in different layout to suit
my final output design.  But even I paste the cells in the designated area in
sheet 1, my final output does not automatically show the new data I have
input into sheet 1.  Only way to "show in the final output" correctly, is to
save the file, close it and reopen.

Does anyone have this problem?

Please help!!

Reset calculation mode to "Automatic".

One of your workbooks set it to manual and now all workbooks open in that
mode.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 20:16:01 -0700, Ooi3286
<Ooi3286@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have been using the same worksheet for past 1 year.
>Last week, when I edit the worksheet by input new data into it, I realise
>that :
>1.  The "Total" does not add up the sums of 2 cells automatically, even
>though the "A1 + B1" formulation is still in the cell.
>2.  I have auto-link sheet 1 cells into sheet 2 in different layout to suit
>my final output design.  But even I paste the cells in the designated area in
>sheet 1, my final output does not automatically show the new data I have
>input into sheet 1.  Only way to "show in the final output" correctly, is to
>save the file, close it and reopen.
>
>Does anyone have this problem?
>
>Please help!!

0
Gord

Click in cell w/ formula and get colors in referenced cells
Hi, When you click in a cell with a formula, Excel will then put color around the cells that are referenced. Somehow I turned that feature off. Now I do not get colors in th other cells. Where is that option to turn it back on???? I've looke and looked but I just can't find that option. Thanks for the help -- albea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- albean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2875 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48436 ...

monthly budget/check registry spreadsheet formula
I'm working on a monthly budget/check registry spreadsheet. What I want to do is have the check register link to the allowed balances in the monthly budget. I have two fields in my monthly budget for each item. A projected cost and actual cost. I want to link entries in the check registry to the actual cost of the fields in the monthly budget. I plan to use account numbers to link these fields to each other. For example . . . Say I buy groceries for $50. When I enter this into the check registry I enter all the necessary information along with an account number that links this tra...

Help Creating A Formula #2
I need to make a formula for alook up. The first spreadsheet i inventory, the second one is pg 103 strapping. I want to enter the fee and inches for pg 103 on the inventory and have it look up the feet an inches on strapping chart and enter the appropriate gallons in column Attachment filename: p & g 101 strapping.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=50210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Not working...
I tried to do it, but it is still not working. But, I noticed something strange today. If I open my application, then I move to another application, or minimize it - and when I retore my application, it looks fine!! I don't know what is going on... Any help will be appreciate!! Judith Just a thought... If you explained what the problem was, you would probably have a much better chance of getting someone who could figure out why it is happening. I don't know if you've already discussed it in a thread somewhere but this post was not connected with any previous posts. -- Jona...

Time duration formula
I would like to know the formula to work out my employees employment duration, from a given start date to the current day. many thanks Take a look at DATEDIF. Explained at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ska" <Ska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B10818AE-1CAD-4CE5-BDED-BC0DDC96C876@microsoft.com... > I would like to know the formula to work out my employees employment > duration, from a given start date to the current day. > > many thanks Thanks Bob, I have us...

Excel formula help #4
Hello! Can somone help me with this formula 2004:21-0-1-1-11 in this cell i wan't to get out "21" 2005:2-0-0-0-1 in this cell i wan't to get out "2" My result from the formula is "-21" and ":2-" is there a formula that i can use on both and get the result "21" and "2"? I want to add the together at the end and get the result "23" but with : and - i only get error. -- johhny ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johhny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Rules Not Working
Hi, Is there any reason why none of the rules I created in WLM work??? They're for my ISP email, not Hotmail. When I "apply" them, WLM goes through the motions but none of my emails mentioned in the rules get moved to their designated folders. I don't have Outlook on this particular computer nor do I have any intentions of installing it. I'm using Vista as well. Thanks In Advance Abb N This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01CA8CA3.7BD84790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transf...

macro for comparing fields in two work books
Hello, I have two excel spread sheets (say A1 & A2). A1- is the master sprea sheet and A2 is smaller spread sheet with very few details. Suppose Column B in A2 has 100 partnumbers and Column C in A1 has th superset of partumbers (1000) and corresponding details for each par number, I need to: 1. Check if all the 100 part numbers in A2 has a corresponding match i A1 2. Extract the info for the matched partnumbers from A1 and list in seprate sheet. 3. Even if there in no match A1, let's say for 40 of them, it shoul still list those parts in the new sheet. Can anybody help me with t...

CONCATENATE text to create a formula to be evaluated
Hi, I am wanting to concatenate a set of text to create a formula. I have done so below. =CONCATENATE("=MAX('",O1,"'!A3:A65536)") The result is: =MAX('2009'!A3:A65536) ....but it treats this as a text string when I try to use INDIRECT Cell O1 contains the year minus 1. In this case O1 = 2009. All of my worksheets are named as a year e.g. 2007....2008....2009...2010. I am entering this on sheet 2010. Now the real question: How do I make another cell evaluate this string as an actual formula and spit out the highest number for ...

text in formula
Help!!! Is there a way to have a formula where a cell with text is in it, but it is not included in the formula. Like I have a random cell that appears sometimes within the range but because it is text and I do not want to include it in the formula. Is there a certain "symbol" that could be used? HELP!! Hi maureen, It depends on what the actual formula is, but *some* functions ignore text entries. You could use the ISNUMBER function to include only those entries that are numbers. Post your formula for a more detailed reply. Biff >-----Original Message----- >Help...

Will Publisher 97 work with later versions of windows?
just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? Jon Yes... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "belly483" <belly483@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00a801c34c73$dd061820$a101280a@phx.gbl... > just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later > versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? > > Jon Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from belly483 <belly483@hotmail.com> > just wondering if publisher 97 will wo...

Does Multi-Field Index Work For Date/Time Values Only
I created a MS-Access DB table with the following 3 columns: ColID - PRIMARY KEY Col1 - Number Col2 - Date/Time Next I created a multi-field index using Col1 & Col2. I entered the following row in the 1st row: 1 5/10/2007 Next when I tried to add the above row again, as expected, I wasn't allowed to enter the same row. Next I entered the following 2 rows: 1 5/11/2007 2 5/10/2007 Both the rows were accepted. After this I deleted the 3 records, went back to the design view & changed the data type of Col2 from Date/Time to Number keeping the multi-field index...

need formula help
I'm trying to have a formula do 3 scenerios in one cell and have a partial formula working: IF(AND(G39>30, G39<=7),3000) which equates to if cell G39 is greater than 0 and less than or equal to 7 use 3000. I would like to continue the formula that if G39 is greater than 7 and less than 14 use 5000 and if G39 is greater than 14 use 7500. How can I do this? Hi, =IF(AND(G39>0, G39<=7),3000,IF(AND(G39>7, G39<=14),5000,if(G39>14,7500))) "tom" wrote: > I'm trying to have a formula do 3 scenerios in one cell and have a partial > form...

Formula Help #66
I need help with a formula. I can't figure out how to calculate for missing number. '05 we sold x units, I know we had a X% increase over '04 so what wa the '04 sales? Column A = '05 Columb B = '04 Column C = % increas -- bab ----------------------------------------------------------------------- babz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2781 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49307 '04 sales = '05 sales / 1.X% increase Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "babz" wrote: >...

Copying formulas to another worksheet
Can anyone please help me, I am trying to copy a formula =(sump1:p3) from one worksheet into a new worksheet. When I go to paste the formula the only thing that comes up is =SUM(#REF!). Can I even copy and paste a formula from one worksheet into a new worksheet? and if so how? Thanks When you paste a formula it relatively changes the cell references to suit where you have pasted it to. EG. If you pasted =sum(P1:P3) from cell P4 to cell B4 it would change to =sum(B1:B3). However, if you pasted it to cell B2 it could not reasonably change the references. If you are pasting because you...

Creating Formula with Embedded Variable ID
I need to create a single formula for my workbook that references cells from various tabs (over 20) in another workbook. I want to copy this formula into multiple tabs within my workbook. My workbook and the external workbook have the same number of and identically named tabs. I want to embed a variable into the formula that will take on the name of the tab that the formula is copied to. I imagine the formula would look something like this: ='K:\Sales Reports\[Ohio Team, Mar-21-2004.xls]variable_identifying_the_tab_goes_here'!D1 I know I can use the following formula to derive th...

Formula to reference another worksheet, locate data, then record i
Hi All, It has been over 10 years since I did my Excel studies and I've unfortunately forgotten everything I haven't used regularly. My office has recently upgraded to Office 2007 (upgrade not being the descriptor I'd have chosen!) and I'm struggling with Excel. I've found my way around most issues, but I'm REALLY stuck now and suffering Friday-itis on top of it all! Essentially I have a multi-sheet workbook for my debtors ledger. Each page has separate columns for the customer numbers, names, total debts in each age range (7 days, 14 days etc), totals and lastl...

Amount in Words Complete Right Formula
give me complete formula See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Naveed" <Naveed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29B7C0D6-1DED-4321-B1EB-CA6DDCE73852@microsoft.com... > give me complete formula > ...

WLM Stopped working 02-20-10
I'm running Vista Home Premium, SP2, 2 GB of RAM, Firefox, WLM, all WU's current. I was in WLM mail newsgroups earlier today and things just stopped. WLM stopped responding. Now I cannot log into WLM. It used to log into window Live by itself (password and all) from my desktop icon, but now the only thing that happens when I try to open my WLM app window is I'm taken to IE (7). Then when when I try to sign in Windows live it won't do it. I've already ran SAS, MBAM, CCleaner and Avira in Safe mode but found nothing. Then I did a system restore back to a fe...

How to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula?
In order to simplify the maintenance of workbook formulas I need to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula =[myWorkbok.xls]mySheet!$E4 in this way =[A1]mySheet!$E4 given the file name stored in cell A1 Cell A1 : myWorkbook How do I write the formula to make it work? Will it work even if the referenced workbook is closed? Regards Frank Krogh The function you'd want to use is =indirect(). But =indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed. Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at: http://xcell05.free.fr/ or http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm ...

print preview does not match page i am working on
In this white space (not the subject line), let us about the problem in more detail If print preview is showing only part of the worksheet, then you need to reset the print area in the File | Print Area dialogs best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "gillygalloo" <gillygalloo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9739F8B9-CBC6-4722-88FA-AEC01F6348FC@microsoft.com... > ...

Reply button doesn't work in Outlook 2003
I just re-installed Office 2003 on my Windows Server 2003 SP1. Outlook kept refusing to open, wanting to send an error report to Microsoft and then ask to open in safe mode only to refuse to open in Safe Mode as well. So I installed SP1 which didn't help. Then I installed SP2 which fixed that problem. But I cannot reply to any messages. After I open an email I click the Reply but nothing happens. Can anyone help? -- Spin Sounds like office was installed before terminal services. Try uninstalling and reinstalling office. Jeff Pitsch http://www.sbcgatekeeper.com Your Termi...

"with <string> in sender" clause works on substring (matches on too many senders)
Outlook 2002 SP-3 I don't send myself e-mails but spammers would like to pretend that I do. They often must put something in the From header to be RFC compliant, so they throw in the same e-mail address as they shoved in the To header. Say I have an account called smith@domain.tld. I define the rule: Apply after receiving a message with smith@domain.tld in sender permanently delete stop processing more rules Looks good until you realize the match is on a substring rather than an exact match on the sender's full e-mail address. The messages do get deleted if I sen...

extracting numbers from a text field and applying formula
here's my question... i have a cell that has a text field of this type: '9-19' (a-b) I want to create a formula that will subtract 19-9 (b-a) and return the result as a number// can anyone help?! is this even doable? I'd really appreciate it! PS also, i'm very fairly new at excel so a detailed response with th formula would really help! ALe ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try: =MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,99)-LEFT(A1,FIND("...

Complusory Work Order
Hi there I am trying to make qork order as the default input screen. That is when a sale is done instead of it being a invoice or receipt it needs to be a work order. I know this can be achived via macro or using the WORK ORDER fuction already avaiable. But i was hoping if there was a way to actually get the POS started in Work order screen by default. -- Cheers Topi It can be done with an add-in. Ask your reseller for help with this... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respo...