AUTO_OPEN MSGBOX with button to perminently stop it

Im trying to create a MSGBOX in my AUTO_OPEN macro that displays
message and has the YES/NO option. If Yes is pushed the MSGBOX will po
up each time the workbook is opened, if NO is pushed the MSGBOX will no
open again.

Does anyone know a way of doing this

Hello
One very simple but tricky way would be to place some value in a cell of
your workbook (1/0 or TRUE/FALSE for example) and then test this value in
your auto_open macro to choose the relevant action.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"LB79 >" <<LB79.1atgtr@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit dans le message de
> Im trying to create a MSGBOX in my AUTO_OPEN macro that displays a
> message and has the YES/NO option. If Yes is pushed the MSGBOX will pop
> up each time the workbook is opened, if NO is pushed the MSGBOX will not
> open again.
>
> Does anyone know a way of doing this?
>

> ---

papou

email stops receiving
Running XP Pro just loaded Office 2003 w/ Small Bus when first powered up email works OK. After a period of time I get this error message: Task 'btoomey@charter.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' If I just ignore for awile the program may stop sending as well. Have checked numerous times w/ ISP. Everything fine. When I power down and then back up, most times the probl...

OWA stopped working on one of the Cluster Nodes
Our environment has 2 FE servers and an A/A/P cluster. Recently (not sure how long ago) OWA stopped allowing logons on one of the BE nodes. I have checked the configuration for the HTTP resources and they all appear to be identical. When I move the EVS from the Active to Passive node OWA starts working properly. I had installed Symantec's SMSMSE 4.6 around the same time frame and have since removed that. I have tried to Restore the IIS configuration to an earlier date and that fixed the Passive Node but not the Active node. I have removed Exchange and reinstalled and removed IIS and...

Using AutoSum Button results in miscalculations
I have a workbook that has a couple hundred worksheets in it and one o the worksheets is pulling values (via formulas) to it from many of th other sheets. Now, all the values have apparently pulled ove correctly, but when I run an AutoSum totalling all of the values i adds them incorrectly. I verified this by using a calculator and b retyping all the numbers in the next column in the worksheet and usin AutoSum to total those numbers. What could cause this? Is there a rounding problem somewhere? I hav double and triple checked my formulas and they are all correct. I jus don't understa...

Not saving records till "save" command button clicked
If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled out. Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent the save. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message news:a75249f4b37bb@uwe... > If you are in a form and adding informat...

Control Button
Hello I need some help with a form. What I am trying to do is, to place a button on a form in MS Access so that when you click on it, in another field it will display a number one. If you click on the same button again it will change the one to a two and so on. Wes Private Sub YourCommandButton_Click() YourTextBox = YourTextBox + 1 End Sub -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 "Wes Derhak" <derhak.wg@shaw.ca&...

How to stop: Outlook keeps sending emails from outbox
One of our PCs in network had virus before. It is cleaned via Mac Fee antivirus software. The person has that computer confirm that her PC has no virus now. However, her Outlook sometime keeps sending a certain email multiple times. The other who receive that email then has the problem: some how the email is auto-replied. The Mac Fee warns that the outlook sending mail multiple times and it could be a virus. At least, there are three people in the local network has the infected emails from the first person. The Antivirus software has not found anything after scanning. They also used Micro T...

How do I stop "Do you want to add this person to messenger" popups
Several times a week I'm getting popups, asking if I want to "add this person to messenger". This is getting very, very annoying. How do I turn this "feature" off? I know when someone I actually care about is going to add me to messenger, I can turn it on when that time comes. Several times a week? I get it many times a day, and it's driving me crazy! What you are supposed to do is go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy. Here, under Contact Lists you will find a check box saying "Alert me when other people add me to their contact list". Y...

Money Stopped Working Problem Solved! (or at least explained)
After the SP1 update my Money Plus Deluxe on Vista Ultimate would "stop working" when I selected Portfolio or Help. It turns out that the problem was a conflict with my Roboform program which is a password fill-in program that attaches itself to web pages in order to automatically enter my personal information. Because Portfolio and Help look like web pages to Roboform, it tries to attach and apparently crashes Money. If I stop Roboform before starting Money all is well. Alternatively, I can start Money "as administrator" and that will work too. In microsoft.publi...

stopping a process
I want to close an already running process in my system. Say Yahoo msngr.I can identify and hide the window but am not able to stop the Yahoo Messenger process. How can I stop that process such that the window is closed and the process is stopped as well such that that its entry from the task manager is also removed. Destroy doesnt works. you need to use windows shell command "net start/stop SERVICENAME" the service name is to be used as we can see it in Services using services.msc at run command. Sandipan Aich wrote: > I want to close an already running process in my syst...

Wizard button text
I am creating a Wizard with slightly non-standard behaviour and I need to change the text of the Finished and Cancel buttons. I can use SetFinishText() for the Finished button but can't see a way to change the text of the Cancel button. Is it possible to do this? The reason I want this behaviour is that the Wizard allows the user to configure devices and I want them to be able to set up several devices without restarting the Wizard each time. So the "Finished" button would be better labelled "Configure" or "Apply" because it applies the settings to ...

Won't Stop Updating!
I downloaded an update for one of my accounts and it's large -- this was DAYS ago. It now is "updating" everytime I open it -- I can't stop it and it won't let me do anything else. HELP! I would suggest that you run a file repair. -- Neil "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1396517-A28E-486A-B374-A41D6768645B@microsoft.com... >I downloaded an update for one of my accounts and it's large -- this was >DAYS > ago. It now is "updating" everytime I open it -- I can't stop it and it > won...

Auto delete stopped functioning in Outlook 2000
Hi, I have a single install on a user PC which although the option to auto empty the waste bin is checked it is not deleting or even asking whether she is sure she wants to delete. Advice appreciated, Sam ...

Dynamic Button Name?
Hi everone, Can a button name be made dynamic? For example, you create a button and want its name be read from cell A1. So if A1 read "Mike", the button name automatically become "Mike" and so on. Thanks, Mike for a button from the Forms toolbar, you can use this event macro. Put it in the worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code") Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then _ Me.Buttons(1).Caption = Range("A1").Value ...

Stop Internet Access
Is there a way to stop internet access from Outlook 2002? ...

Stopping warning message
greetings gurus I have a workbook that I open several times a day. On opening, I always get a warning message that the file "contains macros.....". I'm given three choices - Disable Macros, Enable Macros, or More Info. How can I prevent this message from showing. I always want to Enable Macros. TQ -- cinnie Hi, It's not something I would recommend but if you set your macro security level to 'Low' then you won't get the message Tools|Macro|Security - select 'LOW' There is no way to automatically enable macros, if there was th...

xl97 Custom Built in Button greyed out
we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and published (not that that is the problem) But for some reason the built in button on the custom chart window is greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 and sr 2 applied. Am I missing something so obvious I'm going to smack my forehead.....again. John M wrote: > *we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and > published (not that that is the problem) But for some > reason the built in button on the custom chart window is > greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 > an...

Hwt stop the error indicator?
How do i switch off the little green triangle that indicates an error in a cell. thanks Ok now sorted "ss" <yamxs750@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:duOEi.171725$p7.169759@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > How do i switch off the little green triangle that indicates an error in a > cell. > > thanks > > On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 09:23:30 GMT, "ss" <yamxs750@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: >"ss" <yamxs750@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message >news:duOEi.171725$p7.169759@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... >> How do i switch o...

Formula stopped working...
=SUM((D131={5,10,20,30,50,100})*{10,20,35,60,100,210}) This formula worked fine from row 7 to row 131. Then starting on row 132, it stopped working. The formula is in cells 132 - 300, but it doesn't work anymore. Same formula, but no result. What gives?? atom "doesn't work" is not too descriptive. What results do you get? Which column is it entered in? I'm assuming you copied it down from row 7. Perhaps you have no data in column D past row 131? Gord Dibben XL2002 On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 00:50:21 GMT, atom <akobrin@earthlink.net> wrote: >=SUM((D131={5,1...

Stop users modifying distribution lists
Hi, I am new to E2K We have a problem with global address lists or distribution groups within the GAL basically we do not want the users to be able to modify these groups when using outlook. I have looked at permissions etc but dread changing anything as i have read other posts on google where this has gone wrong. Is it possible to stop users modifying the lists in outlook. I would suspect it would have something to do with being a manager of the said distribution group so no one else can change it. any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- 'In the land of the blind the one eyed man is...

outlook server stops downloading after vacation!!
I have come back from vacation to find my e-mail inbox trying to download 200 plus e-mails. The server is disconnecting almost immediately. I could get 10 incomers, now nothing... This is frustrating. Does anyone know how to help me get my server to send me all the e-mails?? Steve 1. Outlook is not a server, it is a client. 2. What are your timeout settings on your account server tab? 3. What version of Outlook are you using? 4. Have you contacted your ISP to check on trouble on their end? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intac...

Assigning a macro to a "button"
Hello, I have a big spreadsheet with a database and want to make the search feature (CNTRL F)user friendly by adding a "button" to enable this. Unfortunately when creating the macro you cannot stop recording unless you enter data into the search or either close it which obviously renders the "button" useless. I am not familiar with VBA and therefore must do so through the macro recording. Any ideas??? Yvon wrote > Hello, > > > I have a big spreadsheet with a database and want to make the search > feature (CNTRL F)user friendly by adding a "button...

How do you stop Macros opening read only files?
I've set up a standard form (form.xls) that copies certain cells values, opens up a database file (database.xls), pastes them neatly in the next avaliable row, saves then closes the database file. However if someone has database.xls open my macro still opens it, copies and pretends to save it without actually saving the data. Basically how can I write a couple of lines that stops the read only database file being opened? If ThisWorkbook.ReadOnly Then Do something End If HTH -- AP "Dave" <dave.woodgate@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:1141906746.277585.850...

Creating button as cell
This may be a silly easy question, but im new to Excel so Id appreciat someone's help. I was wondering if its possible to create a butto such that the button is a cell itself. So that when you click th cell, it executes the macro assigned to the button. Also, the butto would need to keep the size and coordinates of the cell to which it i created into. If Im not being clear please let ,me know. Thank -- jpizzl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jpizzle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2392 View this thr...

Contacts Right Business Card Buttons wrong language
Hello, somehow my contacts have changed language in the buttons on the address cards, used to be western 123 then a, b, c etc, now it defaults to 123, a, 6, then symbols. Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice to no avail. I have checked the region and language areas and they are all fine. It is just annoying if anyone can help would be welcome. Thanks Michael ...

custom pos button command
I wnat to make custom pos button for payout,shipping,payment,printer, clear customer, time clock. But I don't know the command for these. If anyone knows. can you help me? Thank you. Hi Nick - set custom button to INTERNAL COMMAND for time clock the syntax is ShowTimeClock for payout the syntax is PostPayout for clear customer the syntax is ClearCustomer the syntax must have the uppercase letters as shown. i don't think the others have variables you can use to set up custom buttons hope this helps "nick" wrote: > I wnat to make custom pos button for payout,ship...