Auto Update Properties

Is there a way to automatically update the properties of a spreadshee
when saved? (preferably without using VBA). Such that currently ther
are a series of spreadsheets that I deal with that everytime I save
change on, I have to go into the properties and change the versio
information.

Such that if a changeis made the version will auto-increment everytim
it is saved.

(This is on the Custom portion of the properties).

Thanks,
Joh

Hi
not possible without VBA. And AFAIK you can't even change them through
VBA

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"kraljb >" <<kraljb.1b7cp5@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:kraljb.1b7cp5@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Is there a way to automatically update the properties of a
spreadsheet
> when saved? (preferably without using VBA). Such that currently there
> are a series of spreadsheets that I deal with that everytime I save a
> change on, I have to go into the properties and change the version
> information.
>
> Such that if a changeis made the version will auto-increment
everytime
> it is saved.
>
> (This is on the Custom portion of the properties).
>
> Thanks,
> John
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
8/18/2004 9:25:07 PM
With VBA:

Maybe you could keep track of the version in a worksheet cell (???).

Then update it in the Before_Save event

Option Explicit

    Dim myCDP As DocumentProperties

    Set myCDP = Me.CustomDocumentProperties

    On Error Resume Next
    myCDP("myVersion").Delete
    On Error GoTo 0

    myCDP.Add _
        Name:="MyVersion", _
        Type:=msoPropertyTypeString, _
        Value:=Me.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1").Value, _
        LinkSource:=False, _
        LinkToContent:=False

End Sub

Or even retrieve it and add one????

"kraljb <" wrote:

> Is there a way to automatically update the properties of a spreadsheet
> when saved? (preferably without using VBA). Such that currently there
> are a series of spreadsheets that I deal with that everytime I save a
> change on, I have to go into the properties and change the version
> information.
>
> Such that if a changeis made the version will auto-increment everytime
> it is saved.
>
> (This is on the Custom portion of the properties).
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Update record 06-16-06
When we update the school record (e.g. phone no., address, territory or any info that should be the same as the parent school) it needs to also update the associated contacts. If this possible, can anyone give a best way to do this thanks Steven Assuming you are using the Account entity for the School record, you can create a mapping between fields. If you go to customizations, account, relationships, there you can create a new mapping between fields by opening the Account to Contact parental realtionship. "steven" wrote: > When we update the school record (e.g. phone ...

Outlook 2002 auto send/receive no longer working
For some reason my pop3 dailup no longer sends/receives automatically when launching outlook, or at timed intervals. Can someone help with suggestions on reseting this feature? XP Pro I'm using. I even did a repair of Office XP and a clean install. Thanks for any help! What are your Send/Receive group settings? Have you checked in the File menu to see if you have set your installation to Work Offline? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "circuit slave" <sh101@earthling.net> wrote in message news:2aee226c.0308230131.2914b6b5@posting.google.com... > For some reason my pop3 ...

How to disable inline auto-indent/spaces when replying
Good Morning, When I reply on a message, and want to write between the tekst I replied to, it automatically adds a space before and after my cursor. So if I edit: "Today it is 9 Oktober 2007" To 9 October, I get this: "Today it is 9 O c tober" How can I turn this off? Thanks in advance, Joost Pastoor ...

Auto-backup fails if "tmp" is on a FAT32 drive
Now this is weird. Money 2003 (which works almost perfectly for me) balks at creating the automatic backup at program exit, IF the environment variable "tmp" points to a folder on any FAT32 partition. A dialog box says that Money cannot create a temporary file on P:\Temp. The folder exists, and it's not marked read-only. (Since it's FAT32, it shouldn't be a permissions issue.) If "tmp" points anywhere on an NTFS partition, Money 2003 creates the backup on exit just fine. Although the message says that Money "cannot create a temporary file",...

IMF Updates and UceContentFilter.xml
When I install an IMF update, it creates a new subdirectory under the MSCFV2 directory. Because I'm using customized content filtering, my understanding is that I must manually copy my MsExchangeUceContentFilter.xml file to the new directory, and then manually run 'regsvr32' to register the new MsExchangeUceContentFilter.dll file. Has anyone written a script to automate this process? Or is Microsoft considering automating this process when a new verion of IMF is installed? -- Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP] "The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long" ...

Updates Failing
Howdy, I just got Microsoft Money 2007 Premium Version 16.0.125.162 and it will not download/install the updates no matter what I do. I've installed and uninstalled the software, attempted to download the updates again and it is not working. Can anyone give me a work around or a fix for this? I've been looking around the MNYCoreFiles and it appears the files are downloading it just is not applying the updates preoperly. Thanks, owen Delete your temp files. Then open the money sample file and see if the updates are applied. If you still are having problems search the news grou...

Auto Filling fields in form
I am new at creating code and would like to have two fields populated when the record is reviewed. One is the user name and the other is the date reviewed. There is a form which contains the Member Name and ID number. I would like to add the two auto fill fields in the Parent form and have it fill in the subform fields for that particular member using a trigger of some sort. Any advice would be appreciated. Bev Access forms display data... Access tables store it. If you want to see data from a record in a table in your form, your controls in the form need to be poin...

Updating Accounts #2
I just upgraded to Money Plus Deluxe (Have XP) When I go into Money it states its "updating account" and my CPU usage is at 99% when I run Money. There are NO accounts that are being automatically updated as I do them all manually. The "updating accounts" icon stays up until I finally have to turn off computer because I cannot work on any other part of money as it says it is doing an online function. PLEASE HELP.. It also goes online to seek its own updates. Do you have SSL2 enabled in Internet Options? Do you have firewall software enabled beyond the XP firewall...

Updating 2004 FI list
Does anyone know how to update Money 2004's Financial Institution list? When I check to see if my FI is online and supported, it is. When I check the Money 2004 list, it is not there. Any solutions? Thank you, any help would be great. -- Thanks, Andrew ...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

See the corrective update from M$ Corporation
--baafsoueluxicnnqg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="nskitywk"; type="multipart/alternative" --nskitywk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ycrgymulabjsh" --ycrgymulabjsh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to ...

Auto Recovery #4
Hello everybody I have in excel option the autorecovery function on and is saving in the following path : C:\Documents and Settings\mnikolaou\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel The problem is that i was working a file and make some chanes while my computer crashes. When i made a restart it was imposible to find out the file i was working. not even in a recovery format. Is that option works properly or i have to make some other changes in the options in order to have backup files while i am working? Thanks in advance Manos Auto Recovery is supposed to work automatically so that you do n...

Need help with updating XML file
Hi, I am using an xml bound to a datalist to display photos in a gallery. XML file is generated and then bound to the datalist. What i want to do is edit the captions for the photos by clicking Edit in the datalist and then update. My file looks like the snippet below. For example i want to just update the caption for the first photo. Any help is greatly appreciated. XML is not my forte. <Photos> <Photo> <PhotoID>1</PhotoID> <Caption></Caption> <FileName>DSC00067.jpg</FileName> <FilePath>~/photos/Stills/DSC00067.jpg</FilePath&g...

Refernce other files and auto update info
I need to create a master file which lists all projects an employee is working on all in one tab. It also has to automatically update as the employees enter their information in order to keep track of employees who might be looking for work or not. So I need in Master File cells from A1 to D6 reference a file from employee #1. Than in the master file have cells from A8 to D13 reference a file from employee #2 and so on. I know it can be done, but just don't know where to start. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You se...

home page won't change when updated, how do i fix?
Publisher 2007 used to create web page. After initial publishing of web page, some changes were made to update site. All other pages updated, however, the home page won't update. How do I fix this? Thanks When you Publish to the Web, Publisher produces an index.htm file (your home page) and an index_files folder that contain all the other pages on the site plus the supporting graphics. You must upload both the index.htm file and the index_files folder. Perhaps you did not upload the index.htm file. Perhaps your old index.htm file was not overwritten. Try uploading it again, ...

"No objects need to be updated"
I am getting the message "No objects need to be updated" even though I am changing some field properties of an object that has been placed in a form. For example, I am: -Changing the column width of a lookup value list. -The change in width shows in the Field Properites in the table design view. -I receive the update objects icon and I select "yes". -I then receive the message "No objects need to be updated" when that is untrue. I've never had this happen before, so I'm unclear about how to troubleshoot from this point. Any suggestions? ...

Property sheet & Wizard Mode
Hi, I want to make an application which consist just from a "wizard mode" propertysheet. I made a dialog based app, deleted Ok and Cancel buttons and added a "placeholder" control. In the OnInit function of the dialog, I put the following code: //cp is of type CPropertySheet (not derived class) //cp1, cp2, are pages derived from CpropertyPage cp.AddPage(&cp1); cp.AddPage(&cp2); cp.SetWizardMode(); cp.Create(this, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, NULL); CWnd *wnd = (CWnd*)GetDlgItem(IDC_TAB_PLACEHOLDER); CRect rect; wnd->GetWindowRect(&rect); ScreenToClient(&a...

Update Stock Price
I own Money 2002 and I've periodically done manual and online updates, but is there a way to to an online update for a stocks price that will update the historical price not only for the current day, but for any days I missed in between. Thanks in Advance for any help that can be offered. No. "Nick" <nmoshou@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:039601c398ed$e8473e00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I own Money 2002 and I've periodically done manual and > online updates, but is there a way to to an online update > for a stocks price that will update the historical pric...

Updated Office, now I'm no longer Registered
Help. I downloaded the Offixe X updates, and went to open Microsoft Word, and all of a sudden, its as if I was installing a brand new product, asking for my information, and product key (which of course, I can't find). Has anyone experienced this? Or, does anyone know if Macs store any kind of registry information? I appreciate any feedback! (other than "losing your registration key was reeeeeally smart!" :)) Thanks so much. Lisette On 12/23/06 11:58 AM, in article 1166903892.442462.51840@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, "lisettea@mac.com" <lisettea@mac.com> wrot...

Automatic Update application ignores permissions
I have a managed account on my computer - I've allowed the user to launch all Office applications except the Updater, Remove Office, and the Handheld Sync Installer. However, if the user clicks "Check for updates" in the Help menu in Word, the Updater application launches, and the AU daemon is put in the list of applications to startup on login. I guess this is the place to report such a bug - does anyone know how to prevent the user from launching the Updater application in this way? Does the user account have the "Allow Supporting Programs" box in the allow/disall...

Auto Increment by 1 Letter
Simple question, hope I can get an answer.... Ok, I have created a table and form for our company to keep track of incoming inventory. Being that we work with metals, each piece that comes in is assigned a unique 3 letter value. We started with AAA. What I need to know is once I enter the item we are receiving is there a way for it to automatically go to the next sequence of letters. Example, yesterday we received in. The last series of letters I used was BHV. So today, when I receive in, I want the product to automatically be assigned BHW and then BHX and so on. Af...

Account Summary stopped update in Money 2000
In my Investment account, a detail transaction dated 11/26/2003 has a thick underline. Since that date, any new detail transactions will not update Account summary. I download and run Salv.exe 3 times against my data file. They all successfully completed with a log "Warning: broken records in BGT_ITM table". When I open Money again, the same problem is still there. I'd appreciate if anyone can give a help. Steven ...

Erratic custom properties
Hi All, Two apparently related problems when I use custom properties in custom stencils with custom templates and property sets (taking into account the settings related to master and document stencils): 1) Using custom properties result in unpredictable behavior - the custom properties of the instance does not correspond to that of the stencel (both with master or document stencils) 2) From time to time when I save a file and re-open it, the custom properties seem to have gone to MS heaven - properties and values gone. Appreciate any assistance albert ...

Money 2007 fails additional update
I am trying to use Money 2007 Premium on my new computer (Windows XP SP2) and it installs fine, but when I start Money it notifies me that an additional update is required. It looks like it downloads the files properly but fails the add'l install. I have tried the following: uninstall and install again turn off all virus protection (Panda) firewalls, etc. download directly from the web None of these have helped. I saw one article on this problem that said to remove a Core File, but I can not find it on my computer. Please help. -- Josie In microsoft.public.money, Josie wrote...

Out of office assistant auto activation on Outlook shutdown
Hiya group, Is there any way to enable the Out of office assistant to auto activate when Outlook is closed? Regards Iain K Not that I know of - it must be manually started/configured. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, sartrains@bigpond.com asked: | Hiya group, |=20 | Is there any way to enable the Out of office assistant to auto | activate when Outlook is closed? |=20 | Regards |=20 | Iain K ...