Auto-send pivot table per user

I have a pivot table which is the performance benchmarking per user. Now what
I am doing is double click on user name to drill down their performance per
job, copy and plaste it on email, type the email address according to address
list, and send to them one by one.

Is there any built-in function or VBA/ macro to do these steps with one click?
0
Angus (36)

Try Ron de Bruin's website, I needed to do something similar, where I
had a pivot table and I needed to email each page field of a pivot
table to a different email recipient.

The website is as follows:-

http://www.rondebruin.nl

--
Gary Brown
Gary Brown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17084

I read the user manual, want to make sure if you select to "send sheets", do
you manually fill in recipients for every sheet? Does the add-in read the
recipients from a table or what and send the right sheet to right recipients
automatically?

"Gary Brown" wrote:

> Try Ron de Bruin's website, I needed to do something similar, where I
> had a pivot table and I needed to email each page field of a pivot
> table to a different email recipient.
>
> The website is as follows:-
>
> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>

> --
> Gary Brown
> Gary Brown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17084
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375132

0
Angus (36)
6/1/2005 3:26:01 AM
I used the RDBMailCDO. On this worksheet you list sheet names you want
to email. I took the original Pivot Table and for the Page field I
wanted to distribute I used Show Pages. This created a spreadsheet page
for each value within the Pivot Table field.

I then filled in the RDBMailCDO page with an X in the first column, the
sheet name  recipient, body text message, subject line and Filename. If
a recipient were to receive more than one sheet, you just enter the
sheet name on the next line below with no other detail.

When you want the next recipient repeat the process above.

I have put quite a few lookups in place, so that the RDBMailCDO is
created automatically every month from a list of email addresses
looking up against a list of values for the page field which exists in
my Pivot Table.

In answer to your questions, I put lookups to put the recipients names
in, although you can manually fill in the recipients names. The macro
then reads the recipient from the table and sends the right sheet to
the right recipient.

--
Gary Brown
Gary Brown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17084
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375132

Can you make excel auto save your workbook?
I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is possible. Can it do that? Hi what Excel version are you using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FE6930C8-D9D4-46D0-825E-0C25A02C1B71@microsoft.com... > I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is > possible. Can it do that? Excel 2003 "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > what Excel version are you using? > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany &g...

Excel Pivot Table Creator Issue
Hi all, I'm unable to Export to Excel my pivot table created in the Excel Pvot Table Creator. I select my dimensions, measures, rows, and data then hit the Excel button. I keep getting the following error: Unhandled object exception: Initialization of the data source failed.Check the database server or contact your database administrator. Make sure the external database is available, and then try the operation again. If you see this message again, create a new data source to connect to the database. Any ideas? Are SQL Analysis Services running? Were all the server setup steps com...

Auto-Transfer of sales documents with eConnect
Great Plains eConnect should be enhanced with an object that will allow for the transferring of sales documents from one type to another (i.e. Order to Invoice). This feature would greatly improve efficiency for clients doing high volumes of transactions using the Great Plains distribution modules. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...

Nested If Function to be converted into a user-defined custom function
Dear Experts: below formula (nested if formula) WORKS FINE in EXCEL 2007, but it is not working in 2003 for known reasons (number of conditions exceeding the limit) . I now would like to create a user-defined custom function (UDF) in Excel 2003. I know how to operate the VBA Editor but I got no idea how this nested If-Formula translates into a VBA-code. Could somebody please help me. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Below formula (nested IF-Function...

outlook 2003 send sometimes skips recipients
I am supporting IT at my company. We have seen a problem with employees running outlook 2003 with exchange 2003. When employees send email to a distribution group with say numerous members bet 3 and 20 recipients all on our email server sometimes the email does not go through to all recipients. This happens when sending/forwarding email or new calendar invites. All our Outlook clients and exchange server are running the latest service packs. Has anyone seen this problem? ...

Calculated field in pivot table #4
I'm running Excel 2002. I'm unable to create a calculated field in a pivot table. I right-clicked on a cell in the table but I don't get the "Insert Calculated Field" window on my drop-down list. Do I need an Add-On? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help. On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotTable>Formulas>Calculated Field Dan wrote: > I'm running Excel 2002. I'm unable to create a calculated field in a pivot > table. I right-clicked on a cell in the table but I don't get the "Insert > Calculated Field" window on my ...

Outlook Users
how do i allow different Users to access Outlook at startup? I have two Users on the same Laptop and Outlook starts up without the option of choosing a User. Thank you, "Brads" <Brads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:844B7894-D54A-4093-BC4B-A0B817D4C311@microsoft.com... > how do i allow different Users to access Outlook at startup? > I have two Users on the same Laptop and Outlook starts up without the > option > of choosing a User. > Thank you, I'm presuming from this that you only have one Windows log-in on this laptop? The answer, un...

Auto Import Into Deny List
Hi, Is their any way of importing the IP's in a text file into the deny email from without having to manually add the Ip's one at a time http://www.bubbleshare.com/album/135453 Thanks Try ipsec.vbs http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=286d2818-08b3-496d-8b0d-c2b628a3ef16&displaylang=en James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 12, 3:27 pm, melu <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is their any way of importing the IP's in a text file into the deny email > from without having to...

outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened
outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened how do i get it to do this? An answer would require knowing your Outlook version, mail account type, and connection type. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "newbiejw" <newbiejw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDBE10B5-2D8E-4684-99A8-C8C0F4FDC25F@microsoft.com... > outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened > how do i get it to do this? ...

How can I list active OWA users
We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance MikeC MikeC <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list >the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Use WMI? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: ma...

Users and Asset Data linked on Form
Hello everyone, I have two tables, one a Staff list and the other an Asset list extracted from seperate databases, the information in the tables has absolutely no common data, I have a form with the user name and other bits and pieces on from the staff list and also a drop down list of all asset numbers which I can then select the appropiate asset number from then, that asset number and other details I would like to be associated to that user. I have tried, I have done this in the past about 4 years ago but I cannot remember any of it! Any help would most appreciated Cheers David David, T...

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?
I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any ideas? Hi adodson See if the article at http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/gtotal_col2007.php does what you want. Regards, Pedro J. > I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my > pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any > ideas? Yeah, that is what I would expect it to do too. However, I set that option and don't receive the total. ...

Spell Check when sending emails
Why does the spell check check the spelling in the original text when relpying to or forwarding emails. I have the "Do not chek original text..." checked in the Options menu under Tools. If, under the email options in tools->options, you have changed how the reply will be sent, you negated the option to not spell check the original text. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching googl...

Auto Accept not working Outlook 2003
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this problem. We are using Exchange with some resource mailboxes and sharing their calendars. For every meeting room we have created a resource mailbox. We would like the room to accept every metting request. But for some reason it is not working. It just doesnt accept anything. In Outlook i went to Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Resource Scheduling and checked the box Automatically accept...... Then i closed Outlook and logged of the user. I waited for 15 minutes, but it just doesnt work. I tried it with outlook 2003 and outlook 2007. We are runn...

problem sending emails 04-25-10
i looked up the POP3 and SMTP server information but when i try to send emails it gives me this error. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...

Drop spaces from imported table
I am importing a table from another DB that has job numbers and descriptions. My database goes off of these job numbers for referencing. Problem is the data is imported as centered in the field. so I end up with [ 1213 ] in my job number field. I do have a query that runs through this table and selects the data I need, I believe that this query would be the place to fix the "center" align. Though I am having troubles finding how to do this I need to end up with job numbers that have no spaces ie. [1213] (brackets are showing beginning and end of the field). Thanks, ...

Pivot Chart Filter
I have two Pivot charts that compare similar data and have them displayed side-by-side. When I change the filters in one chart, I want to apply the same filter for the other chart. Is there a way to have one Pivot Chart Filter Pane control two or more Pivot Charts without having to click each chart and change to filter for each one? ...

How? Default is current date, but user can edit if needed?
I want Start Date field to default to the current date, but allow the user to change it if needed. Start Date field has a format of Short Date with a mask __/__/__. The boss wants the field to default to the current date to eliminate keystrokes for the user. Scenario: User forgot to input data yesterday that must reflect yesterday's date. How can the field be formatted to allow the user to change the Start Date field if the field defaults to current date? When a field has a default value, it can be changed as you want. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

Multiplying time by $ per hour
Hi, How can you multiply 58:41:00 times $200 per hour? I guess you have to change the 58:41 into an integer and decimal format but I don't know how to do that? Also, if you have a long list of times, what is the best way to check the addition of those times? Is there a quick way to add the minutes and the hours separately or turn it all to minutes and then divide by 60? An hour is 1/24th of a day. Try =R6*24*200 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Alan" <alancalan@excite.com> wrote in message news:u5i8n2lb0hl01aui0js99pc0bftsgjmn56@4ax.com.....

moving users to new cluster server
I would like to start migrating all my users about 400 mailboxes from one server with 1 storage group and 5 databases to a cluster server with 2 storage groups and 3 databases each. Should I go with the move mailbox method? What is the best way to do this? On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:28:13 -0800, "mcp" <none@none.com> wrote: >I would like to start migrating all my users about 400 mailboxes from one >server with 1 storage group and 5 databases to a cluster server with 2 >storage groups and 3 databases each. Should I go with the move mailbox >method? What is the ...

Optimizer choice doesn't make sense, goes from index seek to table scan when adding a SARG
Running on SQL Server 2008 SP1. The following select (correctly) uses a non-clustered index on ACCT_TYP_CD returning just over 15000 rows in 41ms. It does a single scan and needs 37 logical reads to complete the query. select acct_cd from CS_FUND where ACCT_TYP_CD = 'G'; Change the query to be this: select acct_cd from CS_FUND where ACCT_TYP_CD = 'G' and GRP_TYPE_CD = 'BKR_RULES'; and the optimizer now chooses to do a clustered index scan, taking significantly longer, 971 ms, 8 scans and over 59,000 logical reads. It returns no rows. T...

Sum a table of columns & rows
I have a spreadsheet of 154 Rows (all unique project numbers in numerical order) and 9 columns of account numbers (some are similiar and some are user entered, therefore there could be 'blanks' with no data in them). I am trying to create a table that will only give me the project number if there are dollars in one or more of the columns. This would be used for data entry (and that is why I would like to have the columns summed up - to remove duplicates). Any ideas? I have given a brief example below: F, G, &am...

SOP Invoice: Custom footer based on logged in user or customer cla
I've been asked to determine if its possible to conditionally print footers on SOP Invoices to indicate the contact info of the person responsible for the client company. I was looking at either using the current logged in user or the class of the customer to determine which info to include. Can anyone point me to a KB article or some other source that can show me how to do this? Unforunately the user-defined fields in the customer record have already been dedicated to something else. TIA! VinceV You can attach some VBA code to the report and use the RetrieveGlobals.dll supplie...

Error sending email and editing email's body
I have the following function Private Sub SendEmail_Click() Dim strSubject As String Dim strEmailList As String Dim strMessage As String Dim strMessage2 As String On Error GoTo Err_SendEmail_Click strSubject = "Please investigate" & " " & [Ticket #] strEmailList = "JohnDoe@emailaddess.com " strMessage = Me.Text_Description strMessage2 = "Assign to:" DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatRTF, strEmailList, , , strSubject, strMessage, strMessage2 Exit_SendEmail_Click: Exit Sub Err_SendEmail_Click: ...

Auto-fill Price List and Unit of Measure? 07-02-04
Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with the Customer's default price list? Same question for default Unit of Measure when a product is selected? michael@engcc.com If you create the Quote/Order within the Account/Contact that has a Price List associated, then it will default it. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com San Francisco, CA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List >field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with >th...