Auto Row Height with Wrapped Text in Merged Cells Problem

I can't get my spreadsheet to automatically change the row height when using
text wrapping IF I'm working with several merged cells in adjacent columns.
It works fine on a single cell but not with merged cells.  (I have tried
selecting FORMAT, Rows, AutoFit) Any suggestions?

I start with a macro that Jim Rech shared:
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I start with a macro that Jim Rech shared:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05
>

> Rick Cl. wrote:
> >
> > I can't get my spreadsheet to automatically change the row height when using
> > text wrapping IF I'm working with several merged cells in adjacent columns.
> > It works fine on a single cell but not with merged cells.  (I have tried
> > selecting FORMAT, Rows, AutoFit) Any suggestions?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

You need VBA to assist with this.

I would not use merged cells at all if they can be avoided.

See google search thread for code by Greg Wilson.  Watch out for word =
wrap
in the URL which is all one line.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thr=
ead/2293ac4e6373c4d3/ca1c160cbeb27874?lnk=3Dst&q=3D&rnum=3D4#ca1c160cbeb2=
7874

Note..........this is sheet event code and runs when a cell is changed
manually.

To store the code, right-click on your sheet tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste the code into that sheet module.

Alt + q to return to Excel.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 10:39:48 -0700, Rick Cl.
<RickCl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I can't get my spreadsheet to automatically change the row height when =
using=20
>text wrapping IF I'm working with several merged cells in adjacent =
columns. =20
>It works fine on a single cell but not with merged cells.  (I have tried=
=20
>selecting FORMAT, Rows, AutoFit) Any suggestions?

0
Gord

Autofit row height in merged cells
I am producing reports that include comments, some lengthy. I need several columns for most of the report, so I need to merge cells for the comments to appear right on the printed report. Is there a way to get the row height automatically auto fit? I know this works with unmerged cells set alignment to wrap text and row height to autofit, but once I merge cells it stops working. Any help? Also, is there a way make autofit work if the cell is a formula that points to text? My apologies to the group. After searching I see someone else asked this question 11 days ago and was pointed t...

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

SQL deadlock problem

applying auto archiving
Hello evryone. I am not a sys admin or a programmer. My company is short on cash. So I am trying my best for the past 2 weeks to find a solution for auto archiving for all 200 mailbox users that we have. I have implemented a GPO to apply settings for auto archiving but the problem we have is that the archive.pst is still locall. I have researched online and foung that CDO can help view the hidden "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties" and alter it and this CDO can loop nd perform the same task for all folders within a user’s mailbox. I would like some help with this please. I know t...

Exchange update problem

docmd.transfertext problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

data input in text box

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

move cell contents

Need help with Auto Filter

Calculating age in a label or text box on a form
Hello All, I have a text box for birthdate for a user to enter the birthdate and I want to the age for the user to be automatically calcuated and displayed in another label called "Age." What formula can I use? Missy ...

Border problems

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception