Auto Macros

is there anyway to autorun the macro as soon as the data is entere
instead of pressing a button ??

--
cassy0
cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=78

You can use the Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Event as
trigger to do processing, although I would need more information.

Would it be a range of cells, if so, what range or column

--
CBrin

CBrine's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1470
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26329

Cassy,

You can use the Worksheet_Change event procedure in the
appropriate worksheet's code module.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"cassy01" <cassy01.1d3ofy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> is there anyway to autorun the macro as soon as the data is
> entered
> instead of pressing a button ???
>

> --
> cassy01
> cassy01's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=780
> View this thread:

chip1 (1821)

select items in a list box with a macro?
Instead of a mouse, can you select items in a list box with a macro? You can use a line like this: Me.ListBox1.ListIndex = 0 The first item in the listbox is item 0. If you allow multiple selections, then this worked ok for me: Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim iCtr As Long With Me.ListBox1 For iCtr = 0 To .ListCount - 1 If iCtr = 0 _ Or iCtr = 3 _ Or iCtr = 5 Then .Selected(iCtr) = True Else .Selected(iCtr) = False End If Next i...

Moving macro/toolbar to another workbook file
This is killing me. I know I've used the "Organizer" to copy macros and toolbars to other workbook files. Well I don't know if I've used it in Excel, but I have used it in Word and on Mac OS 9.2 recently. I thought that I've used it on my Win XP Pro machine with Office XP, but still can't recall if I've ever used it with Excel. I've looked all through help and can't find any reference to it. Is the "Organizer" available to Excel 2002 on Win XP Pro? Does it have to be installed separately? How do I get to it? Thank you for any help any...

Auto Archive into a Public Folder
Can Outlook 2007 be configured so that auto archiving is done into a folder within the Public Folder system? No. Autoarchive uses pst files only. I think Auto-mate (http://www.pergenex.com/auto-mate/index.shtml) would be able to move to a public folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT....

Using A Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas
Hi can any one help me with a Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas in pre-defined set of cells i.e. in my case C14:C40 At present I have a copy of the Formulas in another part of th worksheet and when I want to reset the worksheet (as the user can ove right the formulas as the formula is based on either the sum of anothe two cells or the users input) I use a Macro to copy and paste (special the formulas. What I require is a Macro/VBA Code which already has the formula store in the actual Macro/VBA code i.e. so they are not stored as copy in m worksheet Ay help would be greatly appreciated T...

Out of Office Assistant Auto Reply not working
The out of office assistant does not send a note to anyone outside of my network. Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server. Auto Reply is sent to anyone that is local on my network but does not send outside. Any suggestions? Automatic replies to the internet are disabled by default in Exchange 5.5 and later. Check wth your Exchange administrator to see if he/she is willing to change this. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a6f01c3d3b4$300761b...

Auto-Fill Templates

Need to do housecleaning on my macros
Having been migrated to a new system, it's time for a bit of housecleaning. I've got macros I wrote for one use and never used again, and I can't find some I've come to rely on. So my idea is to export all the modules from all my template projects and import them into one new template to use as an add-in. Along the way, I can evaluate whether the macro is something I still need or can do without. Is there an easy and automated way to export all modules from a project? Is there an easy and automated way to print these modules? What is the practical size limit of ...

Count Rows When Using Auto-Filter
Using the auto-filter function I need to count the number of rows returned each time I select a new value. I can do a COUNTA (&#8211;1 to allow for the header row), on the column that counts all the rows but when I use the filter I still get the total count not a count of the reduced quantity by the filter. Can anyone help? Nick use the subtotal function with a first argument of 3 =subtotal(3,A2:A300) as an example. Make sure the column you do the counta on will have values in all rows. -- regards, Tom Ogilvy "Nick" <ner@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:15...

auto updater
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? "zazen@officeformac.com" wrote: > I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has > disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - > nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? You were seeing the old Office 2...

auto subtract order taken from supply table
I am new to access and I really need some help. I have two tables, order table and supply table. Each table has an order form and a supply form respectively. This database is use to collect supply items and the order form is to record who collects the items from supply. Everything runs fine expect that when an item is removed from the order table it does not auto subtract from the quantity field of the supply table. The supply table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity. Whereas, the Order table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity Out. I will like to have an update query t...

AUTO DATE RECOGNITION
HOW CAN I STOP PART NUMBERS WHICH HAVE DASHES IN THEM BEING CONVERTED INTO DATES WHEN I DO A DATA IMPORT INTO EXCEL? Yell real LOUD. That does it for me. Seriously, please don't use all caps for subject or body of msg. It is considered shouting and rude. Try pre-formatting your destination range to text. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "TONY" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD32B08C-CD73-4585-B706-6F29B17894D0@microsoft.com... > HOW CAN I STOP PART NUMBERS WHICH HAVE DASHES IN THEM BEING CONVERTED INTO DATES WHEN I DO A ...

A Tricky Question! Macro & Chart
Hi All I have a very tricky problem here. I have a column chart which has sa 4 columns - namely, A, B, C and D. First Issue - I would like to check is it possible to assign a specifi macro for A, B, C, and D to their respective columns? Second Issue - And as each macro has its own codes, would it b possible for the macro to be so smart that if I click on the column fo A, A macro will run... Please note that the order of the columns will change over time as will sort the values and put the one with the highest value as th first column. Kindly advice me whether the above are possible.....

how do i change or make this macro??? pictures and code included
i need to either make this from scratch or change it to suit my needs. Firstly a link to the template it is from http://www.exinfm.com/excel%20files/FY2000WhatIf.xls the code is Sub projection() Dim revgrowth As Single, costpercent As Single, smgrowth As Single devgrowth As Single, gagrowth As Single Dim intincome As Integer, noncontitems As Integer, otherexps A Integer Dim taxrate As Single, avgshares As Integer 'dialog box gets displayed With DialogSheets("dialog3") If .Show = False Then Exit Sub End If revgrowth = .EditBoxes(1).Text costpercent = .EditBoxes(2).Text smgrow...

Macro Buttons #2
i know how to create a macro button, my question is, how do i get that macro button to display on someone elses PC? i created the macro button in a worksheet then i sent that worksheet to a friend. the macro exists, but the button doesn't. any ideas? Thanks in Advance James You may want to attach the toolbar to the workbook. But if you do, read this first from Jan Karel Pieterse: http://google.com/groups?threadm=083701c3559b%246ce75e60%24a301280a%40phx.gbl James wrote: > > i know how to create a macro button, my question is, how do i get that macro > button to display on...

Macro to create pivotchart problems
Put together a quick macro to assemble a pivotchart, nothing fancy just ran through it recording and tried to run it on the same data afterwards, and have come upon this error: Run-time error '1004': Unable to get the PivotFields property of the pivottable class When I go to debug, the error is occurring at the asterisked line: Cells.Select ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _ "'Check results'!C1:C5").CreatePivotTable TableDestination:="", TableName:= _ "PivotTable1", Def...

Insert a row based on a macro
Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula. For example, If A5=25, I then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below. See answers in your other post. Pls don't multi post -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Mindie" <Mindie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75A1DDD5-6334-410D-8646-091B43D1B198@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula. For example, If A5=25, I > then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below. ...

2000 macro problem running with 2003
Is there any reason a macro written for Excel 2000 will not run with Excel 2003? John, Code written in Excel 2000 should work fine in 2003. Can you post an example of your code that is not working? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:%23c7QWziUEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there any reason a macro written for Excel 2000 will not run with Excel > 2003? > > I will get the code and post it. Thanks "Chip Pearson"...

Can't use new banks previously not in 2004 for auto downloads #2
I use National City and they are now listed in the banks for online services. I try to setup online services for my account and when I select them out of the list it starts downloading something but ultimately says account setup or online setup is unavailable and to try again later. Is this the Yodlee problem people keep speaking about? Yeah, I think it is. I have their credit card services and am having the same problem. It did download initially but there were some problems with it so I think they have completely shut it down for now. "ashwilliams" wrote: > I use Na...

in a macro how to make a part of the formula a variable
I am trying to copy a cell from one file into another file in a macro. There are hundreds of files all linking to the same cell so I thought I would set the formula up so that is has a variable for the filename but I can't figure out the syntax. The formula should link to cell $r$16 in worksheet "monthly" in the changing file name and the variable I used for the changing file name is budget_file. The following didn't work. Can someone tell me how to do this? ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=" & budget_file & 'monthly'!$r$16&qu...

Inconsistent macro problem in excel
XP was rolled out at my work yesterday. Most of the excel file I work with have Visual Basic macros coded into them. (I use Excel 2002) Sometimes, I'll open a file, and it will give me the "Enable Macros?" prompt. This is normal, and what I want it to do. Sometimes, I'll open the same file, and it will give me no prompt. And if I try to run one of the macros, it tells me that the macros are disabled because the security is set to high. So, I go the macro security area to check it out...it's on medium, like it always is. I've found that the only consistent way ...

How to save macro changes in Read-Only documents?
I have over 100 documents that need the same sentence changed in each one. The documents have the read-only recommended box checked. I ran a batch to remove the password to modify but it didn't remove the read-only recommend. So when I run a macro to change the text I get an error. When I ran Debug it highlighted "myDoc.Close Savechanges:=wdSaveChanges" but I don't know what to do with that. (I only copy the macros from this great site!) I am looking for a way to remove the read-only recommended from multiple documents in a file. Please help. Many th...

Formula in Macros
I am trying to do a average for a ongoing twelve week period in my macro. When the macro updates it adds the last column but I can't get it to drop the first column so it goes from averaging 12wks then 13wks,14 weeks and so on. Is there a command I'm missing. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.I'm on Excel 2002. SH This code averages the 12 columns in the above row. ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=AVERAGE(R[-1]C[-11]:R[-1]C)" By its nature, copy this formula across next week and it will pick up just 12 columns. What does your code look like? -- HTH ...

Calculations not keeping up with macro
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with 51 tabs. Tab_1 is a summary of data contained on the remaining 50 sheets (such as averages and sums). A macro iterates through values of 1 - 100. During each iteration a variable with dependents changes on each of the 50 sheets and resulting data for each iteration is output on the summary tab (output such as the averages and sums for each iteration). The macro works great when I step through it, the problems occur when I run it at full speed. The output data at each iteration does not keep up with the macro, thus the outputs are inaccurate. I...

Auto-correct options question
I have Outlook 2003. When I use "text" format for an outgoing email or reply, autocorrect is operational and "autocorrect options" is on the Tools menu. When I switch to "HTML" format, no autocorrect operations work and there is no "autocorrect options" on the tools menu. Guess the question is why, and is there a way to make the autocorrect options work in HTML format! Thanks. Marti Marti <MartiB@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have Outlook 2003. When I use "text" format for an outgoing email > or reply, autocorrect is operational...

macro to run automatically when a field is updated
I have two form fields on an employee appraisal form. One calculates a grand average score from four different scoring areas on the form. The second field evaluates this score (using a macro) to determine the increase percentage based on the grand score. This macro is assigned to the field to run on entry. My problem is that if an evaluator goes back through the form and changes a score, they must click in this percentage field to get it to update to the correct value. My question is: how could I make this field update automatically anytime a change is made anywhere on t...