auto hide toolbar in Excel won't work

I have the toolbar at the bottom of the screen set to 'autohide' but when I'm
in Excel sometimes it does 'hide' until the cursor is moved over it, but
mostly it won't autohide so that I cannot see the Sheet names at the bottom
of the screen. I am running Windows XP Home and Microsoft Office Professional
2003. Can anyone help please?
--
teecee8
0

Hi

Every time you move your cursor too far into the bottom area, the toolbar
will pop up.  Normally it disappears when you move your cursor up again.  If
it does not, try clicking on you spreadsheet.  If you right click on the
toolbar, and you do have the option available to "Lock Toolbar", make sure
that is unticked.
--
j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at.  Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

"teecee8" wrote:

> I have the toolbar at the bottom of the screen set to 'autohide' but when I'm
> in Excel sometimes it does 'hide' until the cursor is moved over it, but
> mostly it won't autohide so that I cannot see the Sheet names at the bottom
> of the screen. I am running Windows XP Home and Microsoft Office Professional
> 2003. Can anyone help please?
> --
> teecee8
You could reposition the toolbar to the side or top of the screen if it
insists on showing itself sometimes.

Right click on a plain section of the toolbar and drag it to the
desired side of the screen.

Hope it helps

Tony

--
y_not
y_not's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19947

If you turn that auto-hide off, you'll always be able to see it (to swap between
applications quicker) and your mousing won't ever make it pop up to cover any
application window.

(just a suggestion)

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
7/21/2005 12:37:13 PM
Hi, I've tried clicking on a cell in the spreadsheet, but this makes no
difference. The thing is that I WANT to have the auto-hide action happening
because it then allows me to see the tabs/sheet names for easy navigation
amongst them.
I've also ensured that the toolbar is NOT locked.
The annoying thing is that with some Excel files that I've saved, the
auto-hide function works without problem, but on others it doesn't, making it
very frustrating.
Maybe Microsoft has a patch or something that may address this problem ?? I
can't find anything relevant.
Any further ideas?
--
teecee8

"Kassie" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Every time you move your cursor too far into the bottom area, the toolbar
> will pop up.  Normally it disappears when you move your cursor up again.  If
> it does not, try clicking on you spreadsheet.  If you right click on the
> toolbar, and you do have the option available to "Lock Toolbar", make sure
> that is unticked.
> --
> j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at.  Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa
>

> "teecee8" wrote:
>
> > I have the toolbar at the bottom of the screen set to 'autohide' but when I'm
> > in Excel sometimes it does 'hide' until the cursor is moved over it, but
> > mostly it won't autohide so that I cannot see the Sheet names at the bottom
> > of the screen. I am running Windows XP Home and Microsoft Office Professional
> > 2003. Can anyone help please?
> > --
> > teecee8
0
teecee8 (3)
7/22/2005 5:05:01 AM
thanks anyway, but I really don't want the toolbar on the side, I've got
other things happening there.
My problem is NOT that the" toolbar insists on showing itself sometimes ",
it's that it won't disappear when it should - it just remains static
(covering up the sheet names)
--
teecee8

"y_not" wrote:

> You could reposition the toolbar to the side or top of the screen if it
> insists on showing itself sometimes.
>
> Right click on a plain section of the toolbar and drag it to the
> desired side of the screen.
>
> Hope it helps
>
> Tony
>

> --
> y_not
> y_not's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19947
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=388965

0
teecee8 (3)

how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?
Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. Can I create a QIF file from Excel? You'll need a converter utility for this. Here's a google search that might help: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-31,GGLD:en&q=convert+excel+to+quicken tj "pb" wrote: > Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. > Can I create a QIF file from Excel? Hi *pb*, See if http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php suits your purpose. Don't forget to back up the folde...

Best Work at Home Jobs Online
Are you looking for online jobs for college students? Or are you simply looking for the best work at home jobs online so that you don't have to work that boring 9 to five job any more? Well if you are you a college student who doesn't have time for a full time job but needs some extra cash and you're looking for online jobs from home or you're someone who simply needs a different line of work, then you've come to the right article! Today a lot of people are looking for online work and are getting into what is known as affiliate marketing. Why? Because it has a l...

Difficult Excel Question
I am doing a VLOOKUP, but when you select the sheet you wish to look at, I would like the name to chance depending on a name supplied by a cell. If anyone can solve this, please e-mail me rthakrar49@hotmail.com =VLOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT("'"&A2&"'!A1:H100"),3,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "rthakrar49@hotmail.com" <rthakrar49@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BDA5D08-0AD1-43D2-A572-58900081D412@microsoft.com... > I am doing a VLOOKUP, but when you select the sheet ...

Problem persisting toolbar state
I'm trying to use SaveBarState("BarState") and LoadBarState("BarState") to remember the state of my toolbars. This works fine for all my toolbars except 2. Checking the registry reveals that the 2 bars are not listed (at least there is no matching BarID entry). When I show them from my view menu the first toolbar (IDR_MAINFRAME) shows up docked to the right side, not where I left it. And the second toolbar (IDR_SECOND_TOOLBAR) toolbar shows up on the correct row, i.e. I moved it down to form a second row, but has moved back to its original horizontal position wh...

Auto Populate a form field
I have two tables with 1:1 relationship. Both have same key field (SS Number). There are two forms, one for each table. When I open Form A there is a button to open Form B. When Form B opens, I want SS Number field to equal the SS Number on the current record in Form A. How do I do this? Thank you in advance. Well, IMO the easiest way would be to make Form B a subform of A, and linking via the common key. Or you could make Form A a tabbed form, and A would be the first tab and B would be the second. Just a couple of random thoughts... "A Bit Frustrated&quo...

Full screen doesn't works in Word 8 for mac
Hello everybody Strangely my full screen option doesn't work in Word. It only enlarge the window of my file but background and other opened applications are still visible. Thanks for any clue Full screen mode functions in Pages so I don't think it's a system issue -- Constance Hi Constance, the fullscreen view in Word does not really deserve that name; all it does is hide the toolbars and the rulers. It is nowhere near the fullscreen view in Pages, which hides anything not related to the currently active Pages document. Sorry; there's not much you can do ...

problem customizing toolbars
Hi everyone I'm trying to customize my outlook toolbars (in the new message area). When I click View > Toolbars > the customize option is greyed out. Not sure why. All I want to do is add and remove some buttons to the toolbars. I'm using Outlook 2000. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps Helen Place your cursor in the message first; not in the Header lines. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Helen" <anonym...

Excel Tool Bars
Lately, when I open Excel, the top Excel name bar and the bottom tool bar are not on the screen. It appears that the worksheet is too large to be contained on the screen. Hi Bailey, Can't tell from your description, so just trying to grasp at straws.. -- are the toolbars floating, if so drag to correct position so the become docked Applies to toolbars but not the name box and address bar. -- do you have problems in other applications, i.e. Display settings, screen resolutions -- is the zoom control at 100% -- What happens in Full Screen mode and in restore (buttons upper right...

using excel from dotnet
situation: I'm working on a new app in vbexpress 2008 using acad com interop Also need to write extracted data to excel. problem: At home(laptop) i have excel 10. At the office excel 12. (both seem to have excel5 listed in refs.) I need to work at both locations. can i reference both 10 and 12 in the same vbproj (i think not) can i just reference 5 and is that just an older version with common (but not the latest) interface? i guess i can just have 2 vbproj files (one on laptop one at work) and just copy the .vb class files that are being edited back and forth, not cop...

Remove a document from a workspace in Excel 2007
I have a user who created a workspace and included a file that he now wants to remove from the workspace. Is there a way to remove one file from a workspace? Thank you. ...

Can I use Free Excel Viewer 97/2000 in Windows XP?
Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda The Viewer for Office 97/2000 works fine under Windows XP. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:11:01 -0700, "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with >Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, >that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda An...

having renamed a workbook my password does not work
yesterday I split and renamed a huge excel workbook which was password protected. Today the password does not allow me to open either document. I have been using the password for ages and know it is case sensitive. Help Did you hit the caps lock by mistake? Lyndsayd wrote: > > yesterday I split and renamed a huge excel workbook which was password > protected. Today the password does not allow me to open either document. > I have been using the password for ages and know it is case sensitive. > > Help -- Dave Peterson ...

Excel 2000/2003 conflict
Whenever I try to open excel files created using 2000, 2003 gives me errors on simple formulas. For example, a SUM formula is marked as an error and displays a wrong number, when I go up to the formula bar and hit enter without changing the conents it recalculates to the right answer. There is many more errors such as "inconsistent formula" or "lost visual basic project" which doesn't allow a 2000 file open without repair. Is there anything I can download to fix all of this together or will I have to fix them all by hand? Does this have to do anything with the differen...

Unable to run excel macro after changing file name
After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error number 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument when users with excel 2000 run the macro. Users with excel 2003 are not having this issue Post the line of code that is causing the error. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "merf" <merf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68DF323-214D-4F01-8D8E-654F9500242E@microsoft.com... > After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error > number 5 - > Invalid procedure cal...

compare information from two spreadsheets or excel sheets
Don't know if any one can help, I am trying to find an easy way to compare data from one spread sheet to another on Excel 2000. Every week I create a spreadsheet and need to find out if any further items added on it. example old spreadsheet would be called Andrews 19.04.2010 with 3 sheets 4 columns on each. The new one would be Andrews 26.04.2010 same set up again but possibley new items on the Andrews 26.04.2010 Add a fifth corresponding column on the NEW sheet and insert the following formula in the first cell: =SUMPRODUCT((OldSheet!A:A=A1)*(OldSheet!B:B=B1)*(OldShee...

To mark today's column with a special color or sign in work week view
In Microsoft Outlook, I use work week view, displaying me five columns, each for a single work day. I'd like to see today's column marked with a special color or sign. It there a way to do it? Thanks. Dan ...

Seam-Excel error when exporting file
When I export an excel file from a website the file exports with the file name of 'seam-excel' and I can't format the cells or create a pivot table without saving and re-naming the file. How can I get my file to not export with that file name? Is it a security setting? Have never heard of this problem being generated through Excel alone. I would suggest the source would be at the website from which you are exporting. Can you post a URL? I'd like to have a look just out of curiosity. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:01 -0800, fallou...

Installing components for Microsoft Excel XP
I Need Help. I recently demoted my PDC to a standard server and joined another domain. Now when I attempt to access Excel I receive the following: =========================================== "Installing components for Microsoft Excel" Installing: "Microsoft Excel Feature" =========================================== It runs and then goes away but it does this every time I open Excel. How do I get rid of this message. I really don't want to re-install Excel. Things I have done. 1. Copied the old user's profile to the new one. 2. Move the Application Data...

Create/Update Excel Objects in Power Point
I developed an add-in in Power Point 97, 2000, XP and 2003 for creating Excel charts/tables and being able to update them. The code I used is below: Dim PPT_CHRT As OLEFormat Dim PPT_SLD As Slide 'ADD a chart/table PPT_SLD.Shapes.AddOLEObject Left:=var_chrt_L, Top:=var_chrt_T, Width:=var_chrt_W, Height:=var_chrt_H, ClassName:="Excel.Chart.8", Link:=msoFalse Set PPT_CHRT = PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).OLEFormat PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).Select 'EDIT chart/table Set PPT_SLD = ActivePresentation.Slides(var_SHP_SLD_no) Set PPT_CHRT...

Looking for FAX software FREE TRIAL
Hi... This is slightly off the NEWS topic, but I have spent 4 days searching this. I desperately need to fax something and have no options. I had fax stuff on my PC, but that PC is gone. I have an iMAC OS 9.2.2 and a good Epson scanner... but no fax software for this computer. is there any FREE TRIAL software for my system that is FULLY FUNCTIONAL TO TRY ? Please help as soon as you can... Thanks in advance, Kimi You'd be best off searching the web via google or somesuch, though someone may come along with a suggestion. Try different combinations of varying phrases, here's ...

how multiple recipient policies work in E2K3
If I have multiple recipient policies do they all get applied or only the one with the highest priority? Can someone explain a scenario where having multiple policies are used and also how the priority works? Try the article below http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319201 -- Teo Heras MCSE, CCNA Blog: http://teoheras.blogspot.com/ "AdminKen" wrote: > If I have multiple recipient policies do they all get applied or only the > one with the highest priority? > > Can someone explain a scenario where having multiple policies are used and > also how the prior...

Comparing two excel files
I work with large data in excel. Most of the time I need to match two different worksheets. Both worksheets always have two columns that contains same data (name & ID). What would be the best way to match names and ID to obtain a new file with data that couldn't match? if Excel good to do that or should I use other software like Access? please advise. Look at Chip Pearson's page on working with Duplicates and Uniques http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Alexandra <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1091601c3f335$a...

Change listbox text size in Excel 2007
Using data validation list box function to display a named range, How can the text size be increased when displayed in the list box, How can the number of records displayed be increased from the default This can not be done. See link for further detail and possible workarounds: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Maxwell Crompton" wrote: > Using data validation list box function to display a named range, > How can the text size be increased when displayed in ...

How do I create a hyperlink to a web page in Excel?
How do I create a hyperlink to a web page in Excel? I click on Insert/Hyperlink. Click the on the "Browse the Web" button and slect a web site. After creating the hyperlink, I am unable to open the hyperlink. I get a error message box saying, "Unable to open. Unable to locate Internet server or Proxy server". Try copying the webpage address and pasting it into a cell. With the cell selected, press F2 and Enter and it will create the hyperlink for you. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Olowalu" wrote: > How do I create a hyperlink to a web page i...

my first excel experience (share portfolio)
hi guys although i have had excel on my laptop for years this is the first time i have ventured to use it. i am trying to do a stock /share portfolio, so i can tell at a glance my positions, so far the layout as follows:- a6 buy/sell, input b6 amount buy,input c6 amount sell,input d6 name stock/share,input e6 epic code,input f6 buy date,input g6 sell date,input h6 purchase price per share,(bid)input i6 sell price per share,input j6 sub total [=h6*b6],calc k6 buy commission �,input l6 sell commission �,input m6 stamp duty tax,=((h6/100)*b6)*/0.5 ,calc n6 total co...