Auto Formatting Custom Number

I'm creating a form where you can enter a credit card number.  I set a
custom number for the cell and described it as ####-####-####-####.
You can enter a 16 digit number just fine, but when you tab away from
the cell and the custom number takes place, it changes the last digit
to a "0".  Has anyone else encountered this?  How do I fix it?

--
CSBUG
CSBUG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28846

Precede you entry with a single apostrophe.
_____________________________________
Gary's Student

"CSBUG" wrote:

> I'm creating a form where you can enter a credit card number.  I set a
> custom number for the cell and described it as ####-####-####-####.
> You can enter a 16 digit number just fine, but when you tab away from
> the cell and the custom number takes place, it changes the last digit
> to a "0".  Has anyone else encountered this?  How do I fix it?
>

> --
> CSBUG
> CSBUG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28846
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=485951

0
GarysStudent (1572)
11/17/2005 6:23:09 PM
If this form is for other people to use.  I want them to just type in
the 16 digits and have it format itself.  Without having to explain to
150 people that they need to start every entry with an apostrophe.
Should I put the apostrophe in the custom number script?

Gary''s Student Wrote:
> Precede you entry with a single apostrophe.
> _____________________________________
> Gary's Student
>

> "CSBUG" wrote:
>

> > I'm creating a form where you can enter a credit card number.  I set
> > custom number for the cell and described it as ####-####-####-####.
> > You can enter a 16 digit number just fine, but when you tab away
> from
> > the cell and the custom number takes place, it changes the last
> digit
> > to a "0".  Has anyone else encountered this?  How do I fix it?
> >

> > --
> > CSBUG

> > CSBUG's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28846
> > View this thread:

CSBUG
CSBUG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28846
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=485951

You have a response in .excel, too.

CSBUG wrote:

> I'm creating a form where you can enter a credit card number.  I set a
> custom number for the cell and described it as ####-####-####-####.
> You can enter a 16 digit number just fine, but when you tab away from
> the cell and the custom number takes place, it changes the last digit
> to a "0".  Has anyone else encountered this?  How do I fix it?
>
> --
> CSBUG
> CSBUG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28846
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=485951

--

Dave Peterson
0

"CSBUG" wrote:

> If this form is for other people to use.  I want them to just type in
> the 16 digits and have it format itself.  Without having to explain to
> 150 people that they need to start every entry with an apostrophe.
> Should I put the apostrophe in the custom number script?
>

> Gary''s Student Wrote:
> > Precede you entry with a single apostrophe.
> > _____________________________________
> > Gary's Student
> >

> > "CSBUG" wrote:
> >

> > > I'm creating a form where you can enter a credit card number.  I set
> > > custom number for the cell and described it as ####-####-####-####.
> > > You can enter a 16 digit number just fine, but when you tab away
> > from
> > > the cell and the custom number takes place, it changes the last
> > digit
> > > to a "0".  Has anyone else encountered this?  How do I fix it?
> > >

> > > --
> > > CSBUG

> > > CSBUG's Profile:
> > http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28846
> > > View this thread:
> > http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=485951
> > >

> --
> CSBUG
> CSBUG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28846
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=485951

0
Suresh (36)

customizing quote merge template

number rounding in MS Excel

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Customizing AdvisorFYI
I have an account for some stock options in a privately-owned company. Approximately monthly, AdvisorFYI keeps telling me, "It's time to update your investment prices in Money." There isn't a price update that often. Is there a way to turn this message off without turning of the other useful AdvisorFYI Investment warnings? ...

auto sort?
Is there any way to make a dated entry insert itself in the worksheet in the correct order without doing a sort operation, or inserting a new row? would be a big help for my reservations workbook thanks D You could try the worksheet change event: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) <<Sort Code>> End Sub This should re-sort your selection everytime the worksheet changes. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "Dave" <post@site.com> wrote in message news:%23czt38POFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to make a dated entry insert ...

Auto-Forward of Meeting Responses
We are running Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003. After staff realignment, we have an assistant who no longer reports to a manager. The manager has removed the assistant from her calendar shared list. Now when the manager sends a meeting request to various attendees, the assistant is not notified in any way. However when anyone invited to the meeting responds with an acceptance or rejection to attend the meeting, the assistant receives a copy of that response. I've looked in the manager's and assistant's rules and alerts and calendar settings, however I cannot find any setting ...

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Input to custom reports

Fractions Number format

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Phone Number Filtering

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Customer check data

Rounding Numbers #3

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Date format 04-11-06

Auto calc YTD Numbers
Cells A1:L1 equal "Jan" thru "Dec". M1 equals "YTD". Cells A2:L2 equal numeric values. If you haven't guessed it already, I would like M2 to sum all the values A2:L2 for those months previous and including the current month (but not future months). What is the best way for going about this Here are 2 ways =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MATCH(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm"),$A$1:$L$1,0))) or =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MONTH(TODAY()))) hopefully your computer's clock is accurate -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjo...

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...