Auto Format

Can you create custom Auto Formats in Excel

Text format
Hy, I have an text how looks like this: "AA-BB CC-dd". I want to select the text until the "-dd", so the result would be "AA-BB CC". So the text until "-" followed by an lower case letter. How can I do that ? Hi is this text part always after the last '-'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Me wrote: > Hy, > > I have an text how looks like this: "AA-BB CC-dd". I want to select > the text until the "-dd", so the result would be "AA-BB CC". So the > text until "-" followed by an low...

A4 format
Hello, We have a GP 9.0 with a US client code install. We have another workstation that also has GP 9.0 with US version. However, that workstation needs to be able to print reports in A4 paper format. That workstation has the print driver already but cannot print in that format. How can I enable this? Thanks for your help May be you are missing A4 feature in that client where you are experiencing issues. Just check in Add/Remove Programs for Dynamics GP, A4 is installed in Add/Remove Features. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login t...

Auto-Save attachments in Outlook 2003 ???
Hi, Having spent hours searching for an answer to this and finding lots of replies quoting VBA scripts etc, I am only marginally wiser ! I can't believe that an app as complex as Outlook 2003 doesn't have a built-in facility to automatically save attachments !! This seems such a glaringly obvious omission, I am inclined to think it has been done deliberately for some strange reason. Please can someone help here - all I want to do is create a rule that will check for a message from a certain sender and automatically save any attachments to a specified folder. That's all. I don&...

number format #3
I want to change number format to indian number format form american number format for example: the american format is like 200,200,000.00 I want to change it as indian format 2,00,20,000.00 Adding to M ike's response, #","##","##","###.00;-#","##","##","###.00 to use the same format for negative numbers with a preceding minus sign -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mike" <mike22p@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#gGdQskWDHA.652@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > #","##","##"...

File format not valid #4
Trying to open a file that windows says is a scrap file. The file has an extension of .xls.shs but when opened excel states that 'file format is not valid'. Ran a virus scan which came back clear. Tryied removing the extension .shs and reassociated the file with excel still no luck. Any Ideas? I've never used Scrap files in excel, but in Word, you can select a range and drag it to your desktop. If you want to use it in another document, you just drag it from the desktop to the location in the new document. I just tried do the eqivalent in xl2002 (win98) and got an error...

Considering cells colored via conditional formatting
EXCEL 2007 Any piece of code which, for example, select or count the cells which are colored yellow, amongst the currently selected range, because of meeting ANY criteria of CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. In other words, considering cells which are not actually possessing yellow as an interior color but being displayed so because of CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz There are two pages at Chip Pearson's wepage that you need to look at. the 2nd gives a detailed example of how to do what you want. 'Conditional Formatting' (http:/...

auto play 03-26-10
I use an HP pc with Windows Vista 64-bit home premium. I like to play DVDs on the PC using Cyberlink PowerDVD. I can not get the pc to autoplay DVD files when they are inserted. When I use the Control Panel to open the "Set AutoPlay settings," PowerDVD does not show up in the drop-down menu of choices? Can someone tell me please how to make that happen? Thanks "D Van Deusen" <lucasfalls@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E84FB90C-FC0B-42FC-868C-50B59F9BF8A6@microsoft.com... > I use an HP pc with Windows Vista 64-bit home premium. I like to play...

how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th".
how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th"... i am working on a program that generates certificates. i want to use dates such as "3rd of April 2010". when i run my program the words that appears onthe screen was 3-Apr-10. can you help me solve this problem? On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:47:01 -0700, cristin wrote: > how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th"... i am > working on a program that generates certificates. i want to use dates such > as &q...

auto email if cell value changed
I'm using a workbook to schedule staff. Each month is a worksheet then I have some counts that are done. The days of the month are in the top row and the names of the staff in the first column. We've set up autorefresh on web pages so the schedule is always available but... people still don't notice shift changes. I want excel to generate an email to the person (we're running exchange too) if a cell value is changed. I was thinking of a couple of steps. 1. So they only get emails about the current month and the month ahead -- Have a cell at the top with YES/NO in i...

Formula Format problem
I am using the following format to query another sheet and return data. =(SUMIF('Assignments Formulas'!B$5:B$251,B4,'Assignments Formulas'!R$5:R$251))/2 It works great for part of my needs, but not for all. In the next column I need to do essentially the same thing plus divide R$5:R$251 by Q$5:Q$251 but everything I have tried comes back as an error. I'd really appreciate some help with the syntax since I am pretty sure it can all be done, but I just don't know what I am doing! If not- I realize I can add additonal columns and then hide them to simplify the fo...

Multiple Number Formats
I have one chart who's data changes based on selections made. Sometimes the data is a number formatted with zero decimal places and a comma (ie 1,900). Sometimes the data is a percentage formatted with zero decimal places (ie 25%). Is there a way to make this one chart handle both situations and change the format of the Y Axis based on the type of data included? Thanks...Anthony Anthony - Try this as a custom number format: [<1]0%;#,##0 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _____...

Write-Output of XML value has type format like "System.Xml.X..."
Hi, I want to output some value using Write-Output or Write-Host along with some comments. After reading the xml file and while executing the write-output command, its not printing the value, its printing the variable type along with xml structure not the value :( Please let me know how to print the correct output. See below the example for details. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Variable.xml ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel doesn't remember custom date format
My web site uses a txt delimited file created by excel. The format of the date column needs to be in the form of YYYY-MM-DD. If I set up a column this way, save it and test my web site, it works. But if I quit Excel, reopen that project and add another entry, the date reverts to the MM-DD-YYYY format and my site no longer understands it. Is there a setting to force Excel to remember the custom format? Using Excel 2000. Jack Jack, If by "reopen the project" you mean that you're opening a text file, Excel will use the date format that it wants, not what you want. Tell the r...

Including number format in formula
I have a simple "if/then/else" formula that I would like to display the result of the "else" portion with no decimal places showing, instead of the default value of the cell. Can I include the format in the formula? Here is my formula: =IF(D12>75,D12/E12,D12) Thanks, -- Zilbandy - Tucson, Arizona USA <zil@zilbandyREMOVETHIS.com> Dead Suburban's Home Page: http://zilbandy.com/suburb/ PGP Public Key: http://zilbandy.com/pgpkey.htm ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi, Try =IF(D12>75,D12/E12,INT(D12)) or replace Int with roun...

Line selection for formating in Excel chart
Have "plain vanilla" line chart in excel spread sheet. Data series consist of several lines closely space. Normally I can select and RClick a single series for formating such as line color and thickness. Is it possible to simultaneously select all data series to change a common format such as line thickness. I'd like to do this without individually selecting each line while the control key is depressed. (lazy and not that good-a shot). ~Dave Hi, No you can not select multiple series, like you can with shape objects. The only time saver is, select 1 on the series and the f...

Formatting Col C based on data in Col B
I have to format a report every day that is imported from SQL to Excel. My problem is that I am stuck on trying to "insert" text descriptions in Column C based on what is in Column B. The number of rows may vary from day to day (ie: one day the report is 315 rows and the next it may be 278 or 480). So, the total range of Col B would extend from (B2:end) on any given day. In plain language, If any of the data in Range (B:B) begins with "ML*" insert UPPERCASE "ABC" in Col C2 or If any of the data in Range(B:B) begins with "W*" insert UPPERCASE ...

Date format in search?
Despite having changed the regional settings for each site collection to English(United Kingdom), using Advanced search and the Last Modified Date still only works if US date format. I.E. to search for files changed today I have to enter the date as 4/9/2010 and not 9/4/2010 as expected. Is there something else I need to configure to make the search use British date formats? Changing the regional settings there only effects the display. try changing the settings at the web application level in Central Administration. If that doesn't work, you'll need to modify the ser...

Auto-Reply
hello, i Unchecked the disable outof office to the internet box in the imc then restart the ims Still, nobody from outside get my out of office message !! anyone knows? "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1213501c3f575 $3012e7f0$a501280a@phx.gbl: > i Unchecked the disable outof office to the internet box > in the imc then restart the ims > > Still, nobody from outside get my out of office message !! > > anyone knows? > Do you have "disable automatic replies to the internet" checked? Regards, -- Arlo C...

Migration: DMF Guide Documentation: Format and Treatment of DateTi
Folks, Problem: The DMF Guide defines the format of date as CCYY-MM-DD, in UTC format. It states that if Time is migrated, it must be as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). But the Time format is undefined, and it does not state exactly how it is treated. It does say that is displays the time according to the users Time Zone setting. Refer to Page 30. Questions: Format: Is it <space>HHMM, <space>HH:MM, HHMM or HH:MM that should be suffixed to CCYY-MM-DD? Treatment: Take a case in which the UTC Offset is -5, and the time and date in New York City is 21:30 on 2005-05-31. The...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

Conditional Formating for a cell based on another cell's value
Hi all: I was wondering if there was a way to put a conditional formating on a cell based on the values of another cell. What I mean is that, if Cell A is >5 , make cell b Blue, not just cell A. Likewise, if Cell A is <5, make both cell a and b red. On the same topic, is it possible to put more than 3 conditions on a conditional formating? Thanks, Steve o This might point you in the right direction. Sometimes you need a row formatted according to the item in A1. Use a formula in the conditional formatting in type in something like this... =$A1<5 This will apply the cond...

Conditional Formatting #46
In Excel 97, is it possible to have more than 4 conditional formats? Maybe up to 6 or 7. I am looking at changing the color of a row (say columns A through H) based on the value in column H and is a date format. An example would be: - If the date in H1 is past today, cells A1 through H1 are Red. - If the date in H1 is between tomarrow and 7 days from today, cells A1 through H1 are Blue. - If the date in H1 is between 8 days from today and 14 days from today, cells A1 through H1 are Yellow. - If the date in H1 is between 15 days from today and 21 days from today, cells A1 through H1 are...

Using publisher 2007, how do I reformat a PUB flyer to jpg format
I just started using PUB 2007 and have this question -- pls help. Mny thx, Gil Rosoff, San Mateo, CA File, save as, Files of type, scroll down to the .jpg options. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Gil Rosoff" <Gil Rosoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B70E8398-1BD2-44A2-AF3E-20DB8D7A646C@microsoft.com... >I just started using PUB 2007 and have this question -- pls help. > Mny thx, Gil Rosoff, San Mateo, CA Why use a .jpg? Why not a .pdf? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dum...

Conditional Formatting 11-07-07
Is it possible to apply conditional formatting if the field contains a certain word along with any other text? I want to highlight a record if a certain field contains the word "report." Yes, it is possible. Instead of conditional formatting of Field Value is = "Report Due" Try EXPRESSION is [SomeField] Like "*Report*" -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "amandap83" <amandap83@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

cell format default
I am using Excel 2003 and the default cell format on every Excel file is General of course. I want to change it to a different format as defualt whenever I open Excel. Is there a way to do this? I cannot find this anywhere Select all cells, change it to the format you want. Do this for each sheet. Save the workbook as Book.Xlt and give it the file type of Template (do this part first), and save it in the XLSTART directory - usually in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART Close the workbook. From now on, every workbook will be a copy of this. If you ever want to revert to n...