Auto Filter-Or any other suggestions

I need to be able to sort the data on my worksheet by project so that it
brings up all of the associated items for that category.  For example:  If I
sort on Project #1, I would like for it to bring up all of the activities,
actions, and due dates only for that project.  How would I do this if the
items in Activity, Action , and Due date are in different rows?  When I try
to auto filter by Project, it only brings up Acitivty 1-1, Action 1-1, Due
date 1, but I need for it to bring up every Activity, Action, and Due date
for Project 1.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!

For Example:

Column A:          Column B:              Column C:           Column D:

Project 1             Activity 1-1              Action 1-1
Due 09/14/04
                          Activity 1-2              Action 1-2
 Due 12/01/04

Project 2             Activity 2-1              Action 2-1
Due 01/01/05
                          Activity 2-2              Action 2-2
 Due 11/03/04

0
Sandie1 (8)

Sorry...the data in Column D should be the Due date that you see under each
Project.  Just came out kind of weird when I sent it.......Anyone?

"Sandie" wrote:

> I need to be able to sort the data on my worksheet by project so that it
> brings up all of the associated items for that category.  For example:  If I
> sort on Project #1, I would like for it to bring up all of the activities,
> actions, and due dates only for that project.  How would I do this if the
> items in Activity, Action , and Due date are in different rows?  When I try
> to auto filter by Project, it only brings up Acitivty 1-1, Action 1-1, Due
> date 1, but I need for it to bring up every Activity, Action, and Due date
> for Project 1.
>
> Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> For Example:
>
> Column A:          Column B:              Column C:           Column D:
>
> Project 1             Activity 1-1              Action 1-1
> Due 09/14/04
>                           Activity 1-2              Action 1-2
>  Due 12/01/04
>
> Project 2             Activity 2-1              Action 2-1
> Due 01/01/05
>                           Activity 2-2              Action 2-2
>  Due 11/03/04

0
Sandie1 (8)
9/23/2004 3:53:06 PM
Auto filter will do exactly what you want. You just need to make sure your
data is in the proper format.  Each row must have an entry in the "Project #"
column (col. A?)to identify it.  Then when you select, say, Project 3, all
rows of data that relate to that project will be displayed.  Even if some
cells are blank.

HTH

swatsp0p

"Sandie" wrote:

> Sorry...the data in Column D should be the Due date that you see under each
> Project.  Just came out kind of weird when I sent it.......Anyone?
>
> "Sandie" wrote:
>
> > I need to be able to sort the data on my worksheet by project so that it
> > brings up all of the associated items for that category.  For example:  If I
> > sort on Project #1, I would like for it to bring up all of the activities,
> > actions, and due dates only for that project.  How would I do this if the
> > items in Activity, Action , and Due date are in different rows?  When I try
> > to auto filter by Project, it only brings up Acitivty 1-1, Action 1-1, Due
> > date 1, but I need for it to bring up every Activity, Action, and Due date
> > for Project 1.
> >
> > Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!
> >
> > For Example:
> >
> > Column A:          Column B:              Column C:           Column D:
> >
> > Project 1             Activity 1-1              Action 1-1
> > Due 09/14/04
> >                           Activity 1-2              Action 1-2
> >  Due 12/01/04
> >
> > Project 2             Activity 2-1              Action 2-1
> > Due 01/01/05
> >                           Activity 2-2              Action 2-2
> >  Due 11/03/04

Auto Lease
Seek a formula that once monthly automatically recalculates an auto lease unpaid balance upon detecting a month date change. Googles excel:auto lease http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=excel%3Aauto+lease&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai= -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Zulu" <Zulu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B02B675D-8954-4765-87D6-2E9B57BA9E7D@microsoft.com... > Seek a formula that once monthly automatically recalculates an auto lease > unpaid bal...

Sender Filter #2
Is there a way to add a list of addresses to the Sender Filter? I have asked this question before with no reply, It would be nice to import/export a list into/out of Sender Filter. "Ken Dougherty" <ken@kadougherty.com> wrote in message news:OuX6p0g5EHA.3472@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add a list of addresses to the Sender Filter? > ...

Auto Filter + subtotal
How I can add a subtotal/total line below a list with auto-filter ? =SUBTOTAL(9, B2:B200) but the subtotal must be seen either by including a value that the filter will allow to be displayed, or by being outside the filtered rows. -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "alex" <alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60A1F9E0-2ACB-414D-8154-91EB224223A3@microsoft.com... > How I can add a ...

exchange 2003 auto delete users delete
Can I do something in Exchange 2003 so that users "deleted items" contents will be wiped out - deleted - after x days of existance? thanks, Set a Mailbox Manager Policy, http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Raul" <jjkgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vvExf.38371$v84.284@trnddc06... > Can I do something in Exchange 2003 so that users "deleted items" contents > will be wiped out - deleted - after x days of existance? > > thanks, > ...

Filter a Report with a Form
I am struggling a bit of code that dynamically filters elements in a report. I have a form with the following objects: lstCustomer, lstExecBroker, an Option Group named ‘fraTrader’, with three radio buttons; optOption for 'Option', optCross for 'Cross', and optBoth for 'Stock'. Also, I have cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3 as well as cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3, all of which control sort order. Finally, here’s the code: Private Sub cmdApplyFilter_Click() Dim varItem As Variant Dim strCustomer As String Dim strExecBrok...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

standard filter "older than x months" limitations
Hi, anyone who knows how to work around the standard filter limitation of "older than x months"? You are only able to enter a number between 0 and 100! I need to have a saved query (=dynamic list) of contacts who are older than e.g. 30 years. I assumed that I could find this easily throught the standard methods, namely create a view for contacts with birthdate "older than x month" 1230 (=12*30) but apparently there's a restriction in this?! Anyone knows how to work around this with equal effort? I wonder why those limitations are built in?! Microsoft could at...

Backup Suggestions
I got my first wakeup call to take seriously the daily backing up of our databases; luckily I dodged a bullet this time. I have 1 HQ and 2 SO's. Does anybody have any suggestions what kind of hardware that I should buy to start doing so...preferably a cost-effective solution. Thanks for any feedback. I use a batch file to backup the database to a folder C:\RMS Backup. You can search the google archive of this group for the code. It seems to work great. Creates a rolling 3-day archive. Very handy. I back up to DVD. A DVD-RW drive is cheap. I use NTI's Backup NOW! (che...

OpenReport with WHERE clause not 'filtering' data
Hi guys I have an Access 2003 project talking to a MS SQL database. I have created a report with the datasource being a Stored Procedure (usr_GetCases). I am opening this report via the click event of a Command Button on a form (which will later be used to gather report filtering parameters). I am opening the report with the DoCmd.OpenReport command and a WHERE clause however I get the full recordset not the selected data. Here is my command: DoCmd.OpenReport "usr_GetCaseByDate", acViewPreview, , "[ExposureAmount] = 5000" Exposureamount is a 'money' field ty...

Align Text Boxes / Auto Shapes on both sides of page for two-sided duplex printing
I would like to know if there is an easy way to automatically align text boxes or auto shapes onto a second page so the 1st and 2nd page will print back to back in the duplex printing mode. My goal is similar to that of printing business cards with information on both sides but Im printing cards that are much larger than business cards. Only about 4 cards per page. If you go into Format - text box, you can find the horizontal and vertical position of it and double check your position. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "big12huskerfan" <champzone@gmail.com> wr...

Auto Forwarding Emails without being active
Hi, I am a contractor who works for different clients. Thus I have many email accounts at the client-site, which I want to forward all to just my primary one I have followed this guide: http://ittraining.lse.ac.uk/Documentation/OnlineGuides/Forward-your-email.htm However I find that the emails will not be forwarded until I open up each of the client email accounts then only the rule starts to be activated??? How can I make the rule run without me having to go into each Outlook Profile? Thanks jason.teen@gmail.com <jason.teen@gmail.com> wrote: > I am a contractor who works for d...

Advanced Filter #8
I am attempting to write a macro that incorporates an advanced filter to search by ~100 criteria, across a list of ~200 columns x3000 rows. Is there a way to implement this without running an advanced filter with the same 100 criteria copied across 200 columns, one to match each column in my list? --Chris I'm not clear on what you are asking. In any case, some columns can have no criteria. Hth, Merjet I would like to use advanced filters (or something similar) to essentially do this: Here are my 100 criteria, display every row that contains one of them in the spreads...

Getting a textvalue in A1 after filtering
I have about 15 columns of data such data as Patients name birthday, Albumin value, natrium value, weight value and more. Every i put in new values for the same patients but keep the old records(rows) Its not so nice having the same name about 40 times in a row(after filtering), so i would like to only show the filtered name in ex "A1", and the rest of the values in rows under that name. So far i havent found an easy way to fix that. anyone got an idea on how to fix it? (sorry my english isnt so good) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How about just showing the f...

Filter colored cells
Hi Friends I compared 2 columns ( A & D) its number, it is not equal i filled RED color appropriate cell. My quest is how to filter RED color cells? Plz help, Thanks in advance Regards Venky See http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm, it has a colour filter facility. 2007 has it built in. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) <mvenkatesan45@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185515219.702352.284050@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com... > Hi Friends > I compared 2 columns ( A & D) its number, it is not equal i filled R...

Counting Filtered Results Using Autofilter
I frequently use Autofilter to count the number of instances in a column of data. Usually, when I apply the autofilter to the column heading and execute a search, the number of results appears in a bar at the lower left hand corner of the Excel window, similar to "127 of 658 items". Periodically, this changes to "Ready" and no longer returns the number of instances of the filtered results. Any idea why this happens, how can I prevent it, and how do I make it starting counting again? Thanks John You sure you're seeing Ready? Debra Dalgleish exp...

Auto row deletion
undefined :mad: I open a csv file into excel and it is sorted into columns. two of the columns have values in them. If both of the columns, for each row, have 0.00 as the value I want to delete that row, there are usually a lot of these rows and I don't want to have to manually go down a list of 100+ rows and delete the rows where there are two zero values. How can I automate this ? -- rogeraw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rogeraw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19964 View this thread: http://w...

auto update excel files
I have an excel file with 5 worksheets.1 of the worksheet is a raw data and another one is a master.What I am required to do is that when I add a new data(row),it should be automatically updated at the master. And it should also be able to auto sort the new data and the respective columns.Is it possible? I have been on it for weeks and I need the solution asap.Help will be much appreciated. Should be pretty simple with a worksheet_change event If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sh...

Pause Option Disabled in Media Player
Dear Team, I implemented DirectShow Source Filter SHOUTCast protocol in WinCE 6.0. The filter works fine and I can listen to the Radio for any number of time. What I noticed is that the PAUSE option in the Media Player of WinCE6.0 is not getting enabled if my filter gets loaded. I can set the option while playing normal .mp3 files. Can somebody provide a pointer for location in Direct Show Filter how the state should be implemented. Regards. ...

Auto updating pivot tables using external XML data
Hi all, I'm new to Excel and have been playing with importing XML data and pivot tables recently. My goal is this: I have bunch of XML files in a directory. I'd like to generate pivot tables and "visualize" the data in them. Once my excel sheet looks good, I'd like to publish it as an HTML file so everyone else can view it using Internet Explorer. In fact, I already did all this. Here is the tough part though: These XML files get updated from time to time. And when I open the Internet Explorer, I want to see those latest data in XMLs. In my case, Excel publishes the ...

Junk Mail Filter Option
I have my junk mail filter options set to "Safe List Only" but still receive junk mail in the inbox from senders not on my white list. Specifically, the OEM Software type messaes and the Low Cost Drug messages. Is this a known issue? Or is there something else that needs to be done that I haven't done as of yet. I have verified my white list and it only includes senders whom I've approved. Thanks in advance, Dan is your address on the safe list and do the spammers have your address in the from field? (it's a common tactic) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] A...

Filtering text Criteria - Win XP
I have a database that lists checks by date in numerical sequence. Some of the checks are voided. Voided checks are listed with the letter "v" in front of the number. When attempting to filter the database to copy to another location the "v" checks show up in the filtered output. I tried using a formula to filter out any checks that start with a "v". For example, in the criteria range I inserted the formula =+AB8>=54119. The formula shows checks that start with the letter v return as true? Why? Shouldn't a letter be viewed as text? To make matters w...

Auto Email from Great Plains
Are there any 3rd party solutions for Great Plains 9.0 that will auto generate emails for orders that go past a requested ship date? We have email addresses in the Internet Email Address field and would like to submit late order notices to our customers that have orders beyond the requested ship date. Thanks in advance. Bryan Hi Bryan, Messenger by Liaison Software (www.liaisonsc.com) does exactly what you are looking for. One of Messenger's features is the ability to poll GP and transmitting/routing forms based on the GP data processed. Please contact me for more details. Bes...

Filtering: whole numbers only
Hi, I've got a number of spreadsheets of data from some experimental work. The format is: Column A: time of measurement (0, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, etc) subsequent columns: Measurement values. I would like to filter the data so that only measurements taken each second (0, 1, 2, 3, etc) are kept and other measurements (at 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, etc) are excluded. Any idea how to set the filter up? Thanks. Aaron Personally I wouldn't want to actually lose the data, so I would just hide it. Add another column that says Hide/Show and use a formula such as:- =INT(A2)=A2 Copy it down...

How to get data entry time to auto-populate in a cell?
I am using Excel2000 for keeping a Master Station Log (MSL). We add a new row for each entry and in each row is a cell where we type the time that the entry is made. The cell is in row B and I would like to know how to make it automatically populate cell B with the time that Cell A is populated. Can anyone help me out?? Thanks, Justin That should be Excel2003, sorry. Justin J_P wrote: > I am using Excel2000 for keeping a Master Station Log (MSL). We add a > new row for each entry and in each row is a cell where we type the time > that the entry is made. The cell is in row B ...

Auto Mail Forwarding
Does anyone know how to set up a function so that if some one e-mails me Outlook 2002 will automtically forward it to my HOTMAIL address?? please help quick There are several ways to do this. You can create an Outlook rule, but this will only work if your mailserver is configured to forward email to the internet. "Jamez Dyson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:240ee01c45f4b$b1439a00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to set up a function so that if some > one e-mails me Outlook 2002 will automtically forward it > to my HOTMAIL add...