Auto Filter #3

Having trouble with disappearing and disabled Data, Filter
commands.

The plain Auto Filter command has disappeared from my
Data, Filter drop down menu and was replaced by the Auto
Filter with the funnel symbol in front of the command
name.  The plain Auto Filter command is not to be found in
the customize tool bar commands.

The Auto Filter with the funnel symbol will only turn on
the filter and will not turn it off again.  The Show All
command is disabled.

Excel (Office 97) has been uninstalled and reinstalled in
an attempt to bring the Auto Filter command back but to
our surprise . the Auto Filter commands remained the same!

Please advise on how to correct this problem.

0
CS1 (26)

You mention of the Funnel icon makes me think you are in Access. Are sure
you are in XL?

--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
"Carolyn" <cs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Having trouble with disappearing and disabled Data, Filter
> commands.
>
> The plain Auto Filter command has disappeared from my
> Data, Filter drop down menu and was replaced by the Auto
> Filter with the funnel symbol in front of the command
> name.  The plain Auto Filter command is not to be found in
> the customize tool bar commands.
>
> The Auto Filter with the funnel symbol will only turn on
> the filter and will not turn it off again.  The Show All
> command is disabled.
>
> Excel (Office 97) has been uninstalled and reinstalled in
> an attempt to bring the Auto Filter command back but to
> our surprise . the Auto Filter commands remained the same!
>
> Please advise on how to correct this problem.

0
twodays (259)
12/22/2003 3:43:27 PM
Yes, I am in Excel.  No matter what spread sheet I open
the problem in there.  If I go and open the same file on a
different computer the filter commands are correct.

0
CS1 (26)
12/22/2003 4:02:58 PM
You could try resetting that toolbar.

tools|customize|toolbars tab
select "worksheet menu bar"
click Reset

You'll have to rebuild any customization you've already done, though.

If that doesn't work,
close excel
use windows start button|find (or search)
and search for *.xlb
rename them all to *.xlbOLD
restart excel.

But this resets all the customizing that you've ever done.  (may be overkill if
the first one would have sufficed.)

Carolyn wrote:

> Having trouble with disappearing and disabled Data, Filter
> commands.
>
> The plain Auto Filter command has disappeared from my
> Data, Filter drop down menu and was replaced by the Auto
> Filter with the funnel symbol in front of the command
> name.  The plain Auto Filter command is not to be found in
> the customize tool bar commands.
>
> The Auto Filter with the funnel symbol will only turn on
> the filter and will not turn it off again.  The Show All
> command is disabled.
>
> Excel (Office 97) has been uninstalled and reinstalled in
> an attempt to bring the Auto Filter command back but to
> our surprise . the Auto Filter commands remained the same!
>
> Please advise on how to correct this problem.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

To get back to the plain Autofilter command without the "Funnel", go to
Tools>Customize.  Click on Data then Filter then right-click on Autofilter.

Change to "Text Only"

As far as the "Show All" being grayed-out.....perhaps you have no filter in
place?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 07:22:44 -0800, "Carolyn" <cs@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Having trouble with disappearing and disabled Data, Filter
>commands.
>
>The plain Auto Filter command has disappeared from my
>Data, Filter drop down menu and was replaced by the Auto
>Filter with the funnel symbol in front of the command
>name.  The plain Auto Filter command is not to be found in
>the customize tool bar commands.
>
>The Auto Filter with the funnel symbol will only turn on
>the filter and will not turn it off again.  The Show All
>command is disabled.
>
>Excel (Office 97) has been uninstalled and reinstalled in
>an attempt to bring the Auto Filter command back but to
>our surprise . the Auto Filter commands remained the same!
>
>Please advise on how to correct this problem.

0
Gord
12/22/2003 4:22:22 PM
Thank You Dave :)  Resetting the Worksheet Menu Bar did
the trick!

0
anonymous (74722)
12/22/2003 4:48:42 PM
All I got when I right clicked on Auto Filter was the
little "what's this" description.  Thanks anyway, the
problem is solved.  Read the next post for the solution.

0
CS1 (26)

Auto Archive
In the AutoArchive section, there is an option: Delete expired items(email folders only. What does it mean expired? How long is considered expired? When it deletes, does it goes to Delete item folder or permanently deleted? Thanks, Alex "Alex" <atsai@debtfreetoday.com> wrote in message news:054401c34ca7$967ed610$a101280a@phx.gbl... > In the AutoArchive section, there is an option: Delete > expired items(email folders only. What does it mean > expired? How long is considered expired? When it > deletes, does it goes to Delete item folder or > permanentl...

Reporting Error #3
Hi, When running CRM 4.0 reports I receive the following error in Windows Events : Web service request ListExtensions to Report Server http://ucserv:8085/reportserver/ReportService2005.asmx failed. Error: La demande a =E9chou=E9 avec l'=E9tat HTTP 404 : Not Found. thanks for your ideas. Bernard ...

ActiveSync 3.7 doesn't stay up to date with Outlook 2003
I just recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 (from XP) and I've found that my Pocket PC won't stay current with emails while it's connected to my PC in the cradle. I've noticed the problem when I delete emails from my inbox on the PC or I move emails to a folder on the PC. I would expect ActiveSync to fire up and update the Pocket PC but it doesn't seem to recognize that anything has changed. However, if I disconnect the Pocket PC from the cradle and reconnect it seems to recognize the differences and get itself up to date. Has anyone seen this problem? Any ideas o...

Table Sort/Filter
Table A User ParameterA ParameterB ParameterC ParameterD ParameterE Jim x x x John x x x Dave x Henry x Jim x John x Dave x Henry x Table B User ParameterA ParameterB ParameterC ParameterD ParameterE Dave x x Henry x x Jim x x x x John x x x x How can I transform table A into Table B, see my earlier post for attachment, (there are no viruses or macros attached to it). I basically want to remove duplicate user names, but preserve and combine the parameter fields. Any hel...

Problems filtering, spam is killing me
Having both an Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 in network. Filtering was working fine before installation of 2003 Receive this message,even though filtering is applied to the virtual SMTP server ip address. "Connection, Recipient, and Sender Filtering must manually be enabled on specific SMTP virtual server IP address assignments as they are not enabled by default." Al ...

spellnumber #3
The help i requested for number to to be spelled in indian rupees , i have the excel vba code but do not how to get it run in excel , code as below hope you can help me . Sub Macro4() words(0) = "Zero" words(1) = "One" words(2) = "Two" words(3) = "Three" words(4) = "Four" words(5) = "Five" words(6) = "Six" words(7) = "Seven" words(8) = "Eight" words(9) = "Nine" words(10) = "Ten" words(11) = "Eleven" words(12) = "Twelve" words(13) = "Thirteen" words(14)...

Linking columns for auto fill
Can I link two columns to auto fill Column A when corresponding data is entered in Column B? In A1 enter =IF(B1="","",B1) Copy down column A as far as you wish. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:11:01 -0700, Daisy <Daisy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I link two columns to auto fill Column A when corresponding data is >entered in Column B? ...

Tasks - Monthly View
Outlook 2003, standalone computer. For some reason the rules don't function on my calendar view (month) of Tasks. Even the Default ones don't work. IE completed tasks should be strikethrough, and overdue ones in a different colour mine is supposed to be purple. But they all show as regular 8pt Tacoma. I did upgrade from Office XP a year or so ago. This is really frustrating because all my Tasks show up on the Calendar, even though I've completed some. Any suggestions? ...

Microsoft Outlook Web access #3
I use this to pull office emails at home. Up until Tuesday, this worked fine. Wednesday I was unable to get any new mail(said nothing to view) even though Wednesday is the one day I know there will be early morning mail as it it the day I get a newsletter. I had downloaded something on my office computer on Tuesday, so I uninstalled. When I got home, same thing . This time the response was a error symbol in lower left. Since I have Windows XP, I did a restore to Monday. Still nothing. I am still getting nothing to view or the error symbol with no additional information. Any ...

Problems with CRM 3.0 Reports
Hi, I am having problems opening reports from the web client direct from the CRM server. When i ckick reports either in My Workplace the following message occurs: Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded. Any ideas what might be the problem? Note: I have not implemented Microsoft CRM myself, but one of our partners, so I know little about the install process. Hi, If you are running sqlserver 2005, the following could help: - log on to your server - start - all programs - microsoft sql server 2005 - configuration tools - reporting services configuration - connect to...

NEED HELP!!!!!! CRM 3.0 Outlook Client error
I have two users with problem. They frequently are getting asked for their credentials when accessing CRM via their Outlook. The options are not set to have them prompt for their credentials. If when you supply the system with valid credentials, the system again another 5-7 times before throwing an error or let you in. But if the system lets you in, it will ask again when you try to navigate somewhere else. I have added the CRM url to the Intranet sites and have the option to automatically logon for Intranet sites in IE7. Both users are the new version for CRM 3.0 that is com...

Rule to filter entire domain when some members of the domain are in your contacts
I am having a problem filtering mail from an entire domain. I've tried "where senders address contains" and also put @domain.com as described here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/rules.htm The issue seems to be that if the sender is in my contacts and it recognizes the name it doesn't trigger the filter. Anyone have any work arounds to this? ...

Subject Filtering blocking client from emailing
Running Exchange 2003. In ESM under message delivery properties and then under Sender Filtering we block blank subjects. Recently a client has had trouble emailing us. The email gets blocked right at the front end. The client gets a NDR "Sender denied" from our front end server.. When we disabled the blank subject option the client was able to send email in. The emails are not coming in with blank subjects.... Anyone seen this? Brian Skippy wrote: > Running Exchange 2003. In ESM under message delivery properties and then > under Sender Filtering we block blank...

How to Auto Post Contact Link to Appointment in OL2000....
I make appts from the Contact File which show up on Calendar but DO NOT a provide link back to Contact. =If I need Ph# or other info, I have to go back to Contacts DB and look it up, or (2) go to Contact Button on Appt Form, manually scroll through Contact DBase & create Link = very cumbersome. Surely there's a way via VBA or add-in that will AUTOMATICALLY CREATE LINK to Contact with any/all APPTS made from the Contacts Folder. thanx in advance tom ...

Remote options to CRM 3.0
What are my options to let end users access CRM 3.0 off our regular network? Web Page - Webpage must be SSL, in order to encrypted the data Offline Outlook client Mobile Device Option VPN Thanks, Eric Sabo May also consider Terminal Service/Critix Client. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Sabo, Eric" wrote: > What are my options to let end users access CRM 3.0 off our regular network? > > Web Page - Webpage must be SSL, in order to encrypted the data > Offline Outlook client > M...

Auto reply for every user
For example,during Chiese new year.We want setup on the server(win2k svr+exchange2k) when the server receive a email ,the server will reply a message about our holiday.Not set it to a single user.It to every user.Can someone help me to do this and give me the detail steps? Hup wrote: > For example,during Chiese new year.We want setup on the server(win2k > svr+exchange2k) when the server receive a email ,the server will > reply a message about our holiday.Not set it to a single user.It to > every user.Can someone help me to do this and give me the detail > steps? You'd pr...

Sender Filtering Wildcards
Is it possible to use wildcards other than '*' when specifying senders to block? Specifically, if I would like to block all sites that are NOT .com, could I enter something like: ! *.com? -- Thank you! On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:48:31 -0800, "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to use wildcards other than '*' when specifying senders to >block? Specifically, if I would like to block all sites that are NOT .com, >could I enter something like: ! *.com? Why would you want to do that? I was thinking that since my compa...

Auto Signature
Ok - the auto signature function works fine when you create a new email. However when you respond to or forward an email Entourage puts your signature at the VERY BOTTOM of the email. This requires you to cut and paste the signature Every time. Is there a fix? Outlook does not have this behavior. Thank you, Robert See my reply to your question in the Entourage newsgroup. Please do not post the same message in two different groups; this makes it harder for us to answer your question, and it makes it harder for you (and everyone else) to find the corresponding answer. On 05/05/09 21:41,...

Filtering a subform ...
First, I do not know how my original message got removed from the webhost, nor do I know what individuals are playing games here. My question was and still is very legitimate. I have a simple form that I have 2 unlinked subforms (subform01 and subform2 )on. Both subforms are datasheets. What I need is to have filter buttons, like command buttons, that will filter the first subform. Very similar to the frmPhoneList only the buttons need to be on the main form, I think. I have tried every variance that I know of and any assistance would greatly be appreciated. ...

excel formula problem #3
i want to set up a system that counts a series of dates but only say how many cells are filled, i can get this to work generally but section needs to count 3 seperate dates but only add on any one of the (eg) cell A counts the number of dates in cells B-Z but with cells D,E, i dont want all to count, only one of the three even if all are filled but it must count if any of the three are filled hope this makes sens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try: =COUNT(B1:C1,G1:Z1)+(COUNT(D1:F1)>0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i want to set up a system that c...

split screen #3
Hello, I want to have a chart on one side of the window that does not move and the data in columns on the other side that does. I split the screen, but both sides move when I move down the worksheet. Thanks. Bill Bill, go to the the Menu bar, and 1-Window > New Window. 2-Window > Arrange > Vertical > Windows of Active Workbook > OK. You will get your workbook in side-by-side windows, each navigable independently of the other. Pretty neat, huh? DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" www.ddmcomputing.com "Bill" <whmc2@ix.netcom.com> wr...

Help building a filter on a form
Okay, I downloaded the Issue database template and simplified it greatly. Now, I can't get the "search issues" form to work. I have the following controls on my search form: Application (dropdown list) TextSearch (text field) I'd like to modify the existing code so that when I make an entry and click the "search" button, it will make the form footer visible (where the "browse_all_issues" form is imbedded as a subform). That part works. But, the next lines set the filter and turn it on... Me.FormFooter.Visible = True DoCmd.Mo...

Macro Security #3
In the process of building an Excel spreadsheet, I added a couple of macros. (Mistake #1, I know.) I don't really need the macros, so I deleted them and saved the file. But now when I go to re-open the file, I get that annoying little "Macros may contain viruses, it is always safe to disable macros, but if the macros are legitimate, blah, blah, blah..." dialog box. (There are no macros listed in the Macro dialog box when I do the ol' Alt+F8.) I know I can reset my security level to high and not have to deal with this, but I don't want to do that; I want Excel to recogn...

OL2003
OL2003 has suddenly decided to start filtering my mail. I've made NO changes to my Outlook config, and I prefer to use Qurb as my Spam filtering. Junk E-mail filtering HAS NOT responded to changes in it's settings. I've changed to "No Automatic Filtering", but it still filters. Deleted & re-created Outlook profile. I thought I recalled seeing that I had to be using Exchange Cached Mode to use Junk E-mail filtering, and I'm not. Nevermind, another admin installed the Intelligent Message Filter on our Exchange Server without telling anyone....... F*%king ad...

To get user training manual for Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hello I am implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 for an health care company in Michigan. Right now I have experience with installation, customizing and CRM application functions for 2 years. In the future I would like to pursue my future as a Microsoft CRM consultant. Thus, I would like to get all 3 of certificates of Microsoft CRM:- Which is:- 1. Application 2. Customizing 3. Installation and Configuration The problem I have is I work for a company which I am not permanent employee, and this company is not Microsoft Partner also. So If I would like to have user manuals for preparation to ...