Auto fill cells with dates, exclude weekends?

What I'm doing is filling in multiple cells with dates
(by dragging and filling) automatically. I was wondering
if there was anyway for it to skip the weekends within
the dates?

Thanks in advance.
0
sam8287 (6)

Hi Sam

rather than dragging with the left mouse button down, drag with the right
.... when you let go you'll see an option for fill weekdays.

Cheers
JulieD

"Sam Weber" <sam@hostradius.com> wrote in message
> What I'm doing is filling in multiple cells with dates
> (by dragging and filling) automatically. I was wondering
> if there was anyway for it to skip the weekends within
> the dates?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
JulieD1 (2295)
8/3/2004 3:26:05 PM
Hi
if A1 is your starting date enter the following in A2:
=WORKDAY(A1,1)
and copy down

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Sam Weber wrote:
> What I'm doing is filling in multiple cells with dates
> (by dragging and filling) automatically. I was wondering
> if there was anyway for it to skip the weekends within
> the dates?
>
> Thanks in advance.
0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/3/2004 3:28:45 PM
When you drag, right-click instead of left-click. When you release the
button, choose Fill Weekdays from the popup menu.

In article <af3901c4796d$85dff660$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Sam Weber" <sam@hostradius.com> wrote:

> What I'm doing is filling in multiple cells with dates
> (by dragging and filling) automatically. I was wondering
> if there was anyway for it to skip the weekends within
> the dates?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Counting spefic cell (not a range) with a value greater than 1
I am looking for a formula to count specific cells and a range (A5, A10, A15, A20 and so on) but only count when the value is greater than $1.00. So if the value of cell A5 was $1.50, the value of cell A10 was $1.25, the value of cell A15 was $0.50 and the value of cell A20 was $2.00 the total count would be 3. I'm stumped! =SUMPRODUCT(--(LARGE((A5,A10,A15,A20,A25),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNT(A5,A10,A15,A20,A25))))>1)) however if you want to sum every 5th cell greater than 1 you can use =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(A5:A50),5)=0),--(A5:A50>1)) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblo...

Trying to split up info in one cell to several
I am working on a home PC, Excel 2003. I have a column (it is column C of A thru K, if that matters) of data that includes street address (may include suite number, etc.), city, state, zip and all info is separated by commas except state and zip. I am trying to separate the information in this column so that each part is in its own column. I need to keep all of the address (street number, street name, PO box number, suite number, etc. together) in one field, city in the next field, then state, then zip. The problem I am having when converting text to columns using the comma as the d...

RMS should have a search strategy for "date account opened"
EOM ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0b38650c-32cb-40cb-8b52-e4aab95e11f9&dg=microsoft.public.pos you can do this with reports. "samax" <s...

Grouping mails by their date received
Hi there, I would like to group my mails on "Received" date so as to figure out my activities on a particular date. Microsoft Outlook 2K SR1 allows its users to format the columns the way they want and group mails by those columns (except columns with formula) When I customize the "Received" column with "mm/dd/yy" format and group by it, Outlook falls back to the original format ignoring my customization. This results in a useless view in which Outlook groups the mails upto minutes accuracy and ends up puting one mail on each group and creating as many groups ...

DPM 2010 release dates
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could define what the current projected release dates for DPM 2010 are? I'm specifically looking for RC and RTM dates. I've heard that the RTM is now expected to ship in early summer and wanted to confirm. Here is an old information I gathered before. I am not sure it is still accurate. So lets wait for the DPM team's answer: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/12/dpm-2010-timeline.html -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://publications...

Change Row Fill Color
I'm having a problem that I'm pretty sure can only be resolved with some type of Macro. I would like to know if it is possible to change the fill color of an entire row when text is entered in a specific cell within that row. For example. When "Not Received" is entered in cell C3, I would like all of row 3 to be filled with light blue. If something else is entered in that same cell (e.g. "Received"), I do not want the fill color to change at all. I know it's possible to change a single cell this way using Conditional Formatting, but how do you apply...

what is the difference between auto fill and custom fill
I do not think "custom fill" is a truly valid term. Autofill is the process that uses data in adjoining cells to determine the contents of cells. This can be based on Excel's internal rules or the contents of Custom Lists. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Auto-Hide and Always On Top Plug In or Code?
I have developed a small app I would like to have behave like the Windows XP Taskbar, in that users should be able to select either Auto- Hide or Always On Top, and get the same behavior you get with the Taskbar. Is this something I should be able to accomplish in code? When I first started this project months ago, I didn't think so, so I convinced my firm to purchase LogicNP's Shell Mega Pack Sorry, too fast the fingers. Anyway, there are a number of issues with the ShellAppBar tool that make it undependable, and LogicNP seems to no longer be supporting the product (or...

Auto Fill/Auto Lookup??
I have created a form to input new data into the database. The data table for the database is called "TAODailyLog". In this table the column headings are Date, Site ID, Buoy ID, WMO ID, and Deploy Date (there are others, but these are the important ones). I have another table called "siteid". This table I use primarily for looking up values. In the "siteid" table, the columns are Order, SiteID, pmID, wmoID, and juliandeployed. With each new record that is placed into the database, the user must put in the Site ID, Buoy ID, WMO ID and the Deploy Date. ...

VLOOKUP to return Cell Address
I have a table, and I want to do a Vlookup on Column1, and when I find what I am looking for, I want to sum column 2 from that row down to the bottom of the table. For example, Item 1 2345 Item 2 3478 Item 3 1298 Item 4 123 Item 5 1233 I want to find "Item 3" and then I want to be able to return the sum of (1298+123+1233). How would I do this? My thoughts were that I would do a lookup to get the row numner of "Item 3" and then do a sum() with the cell range starting from the row where I found "Item 3" but I'm not sur...

Copying image to cell
Hi. I am using Excel 2002 (XP). I would like to accomplish the following for some cells. If the cell is below a certain value, the cell value is CIRCLED in green. If the cell value is above a certain value, the cell value is BOXED in red. I can achieve the boxing in red by using conditional formatting of the cell borders, but I cannot figure out how to accomplish the circle. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Mike. One way: put this in your worksheet code module: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Const CERTAIN_VALUE = 100 Dim cell As Range Dim shp As ...

Reflect cell contents into another worksheet #2
I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell contents in a second worksheet. I simply do not make use of MS Excel97 often enough to remember the procedures ! Please help. Regards, ~ Vince ~ hi on sheet 2 in your specific cell put this =sheet1!A1 regards FSt1 "Vince" wrote: > > I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet > cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell > contents in a second worksheet. > > I simply do not...

Last Meeting Date
I am looking for a way to populate the last meeting date into a custom field of a contact entity. I did not see how to do this with the MS Workflow. You can't do that from workflow unless you going to write a workflow assemly to pull the information through web service or filtered views. Are you familiar with the CRM 3.0 SDK? Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Mar 30, 10:10 am, "tim" <computerti...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for a way to populate the last meeting date into a custom > field of a contact entity. I did not see how...

How to exclude family members from the budget?
In M2002 you could exclude certain family members from the budget. I shifted to M04 and now I can't seem to do this? Am I missing something? Paul ...

Fill Weekdays-Skip Holidays
How do you automatically fill in weekdays (date and day), but skip the holiday date and day. Hi Shadow! Enter your first date, which should be a weekday Insert the holiday dates in a range of cells and name that range Hols. Then the formula to use is: =WORKDAY(A1,1,Hols) Copy down to taste. WORKDAY ia an Analysis ToolPak function so Analysis ToolPak must be installed and selected as an Addin. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. Hi Norman, THA...

Cell contents?
Is it possible for a cell to contain a numerical value, which is used for various calculations, and an alphabetical designator that prints but does not affect calculations? Example: If cell A1 contains an entry of 6, and cell A2 contains an entry of 6z, is there a way for the addition of the two cells to show 12, or their multiplication to show 36, yet still display 6z in cell A2 when the sheet is printed? Thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preference...

Count consecutive cells
I have a table which tracks the attendance at an event over the years. Each time someone attends, I enter 1 in the column for that year, otherwise blank. I'd like to know the most consecutive events people have attended. So, if I have rows like (with 'b' representing a blank cell): Name1 b 1 1 1 b 1 1 1 1 b 1 b 1, most consecutive = 4 Name2 1 1 b b 1 b b b b 1 b 1 1, most consecutive = 2 Name3 1 1 1 1 1 1 b 1 1 1 1 b 1, most consecutive = 6 Name4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 b 1 1 1, most consecutive = 9 Name5 b b b b b b 1 b 1 b 1 b b, most consecutive = 1 Is there a formula I can use to c...

Remove Spacing In A Cell
I am trying to eliminate spacing for a upc in a cell. For a example: 0 11111 22222 3 011111222223 I have tried Clean, Trim, & Substitute. Anyone have any answers or Ideas? Thanks, Hi Span, See David McRitchie's TrimAll page at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall --- Regards, Norman "Span" <Span@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1343031C-1E8E-4CA8-8B51-B353B734BAE6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to eliminate spacing for a upc in a cell. For a example: > 0 11111 22222 3 > 011111222223 > > I have tried Cl...

How do extract cells from hundreds of excel files and put in one n
I need to extract expense totals from employee expense reports and put in to one file for import then in to the payroll system fo reimbursement. Lots of unanswered, but needed information with this question. Generally this can be done relatively easily, with a big "IF" - and that IF is whether all of the files you'd be examining (the employee expense reports) have the same format, content and layout. Get in touch with me via email through (remove spaces) Help From @ jlatham site.com and we can gather some more information and probably have a solution in your han...

Inserting text within a cell
I would like to insert a , with a cell. i have Wood T 3,1 i would like to have Wood T,3/1 Sorry it should read I have Woods T 3/1 i want Woods T, 3/1 Thank you "Hayley" wrote: > I would like to insert a , with a cell. > > i have Wood T 3,1 > > i would like to have > Wood T,3/1 If cell A1 contains (surname)(single space)(single initial)(single space)(score), the following will achieve what you want: =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1)&","&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-LEN(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1))) HTH "Hayley" wrote: >...

Automatic Disable of Autoformat in Excel without selecting range of cells
Hi, Please help on how to automatically disable autoformat in excel without specifying the range of cells that do not need formatting. Thanks. Do you want Excel to stop copying the formatting from rows above? If so, you can do the following: 1. Choose Tools>Options. 2. On the Edit tab, remove the check mark from 'Extend list formats and formulas' 3. Click OK Iris wrote: > Hi, > > Please help on how to automatically disable autoformat in > excel without specifying the range of cells that do not > need formatting. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips...

Using =now() to display date format like "mmdd"
I am building a quoting tool and for the quote number, I am trying to concatenate "QUO", the first 3 characters of the customer name, and the month & date. So what I want is: QUO-SON-0225 But when I use the "NOW" command for the date, I get: QUO-SON-39869.3365444444 How can I reformat the result of the "NOW" command to get just the "mmdd" that I'm looking for? Hi Try ="QUO-"&LEFT(Customer,3)&"-"&TEXT(NOW(),mmyy") where Customer is the cell ref containing the Customer name -- Regards Roger Govier <r...

Automatic navigation based on cell text value
I am creating a budget spreadsheet and wish to have a macro run automatically and navigate to a specific cell of a different worksheet based on a determined value of a cell. For example, Cell A5 in the MAIN worksheet uses a drop down list from a named range (RFP, MOA, PSC ...) from another worksheet. If the value is "RFP" then I wish to navigate automatically to cell A1 of the REQUEST worksheet where additional information is completed related to "RFP". I'd reverse the process on the last cell of the REQUEST worksheet, sending the user back to the MAIN worksheet to ...

expanding cells
Is there a setting that will automatically allow a cell (or row) to expand as information is entered? Alan Investigate Format>Cells>Wrap Text and Format>Row>Autofit. Also Format>Column>Autofit. Gord Dibben XL2002 On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 11:46:19 -0800, "Alan" <aeckhoff@phlyins.com> wrote: >Is there a setting that will automatically allow a cell (or row) to expand as information is entered? About the closest I can find is the "Wrap Text" function under "Format Cells->Alignment" It won't re-size the cell but "stacks" ...

Running spell check on a fill-in Word 2000 form
I created a fill-in form out of a Word 2000 document. An associate filled in answers and wanted to run a spell check to make sure there were no typos. How do you do this since the form was protected? See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PACE" <PACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B66D140-0ABC-4DFE-AF6E-B0676CD2F402@microsoft.com... >I created a fill-in form out of a Word 2000 document. An associate filled >in > answers and wanted to run a spell check to make sur...