Auto-Correct Formulas ?? #2

i have created a code page, this time the code is in column A and The
Long Name is in Column B.(this sheet is called REFS)

i want it so that when i type R1 in column E it replaces it with the
long name.
( on another sheet)

for example: if i type R1 in column E on Sheet1 it automatically
replaces it with ReferenceABC. This is in the other page called REFS ,
short name in column A (R1) and the long name in column B
(ReferenceABC)

Many Thanks :D
Benn

---

One way:

Put this in the Worksheet code module of Sheet1 (right-click the
worksheet tab and choose View Code):

        Dim rFound As Range
        With Target
            If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
            If Not Intersect(.Cells, Columns(5)) Is Nothing Then
                Set rFound = Worksheets("REFS").Columns(1).Find( _
                        What:=.Value, _
                        LookIn:=xlValues, _
                        Lookat:=xlWhole, _
                        MatchCase:=False)
                If Not rFound Is Nothing Then
                    Application.EnableEvents = False
                    .Value = rFound.Offset(0, 1).Value
                    Application.EnableEvents = False
                End If
            End If
        End With
    End Sub

In article <cassy01.11xoxv@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 cassy01 <<cassy01.11xoxv@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> i have created a code page, this time the code is in column A and The
> Long Name is in Column B.(this sheet is called REFS)
>
> i want it so that when i type R1 in column E it replaces it with the
> long name.
> ( on another sheet)
>
> for example: if i type R1 in column E on Sheet1 it automatically
> replaces it with ReferenceABC. This is in the other page called REFS ,
> short name in column A (R1) and the long name in column B
> (ReferenceABC)

0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
2/21/2004 12:39:48 AM
it doesnt seem to work.

does it matter if i already have a macro working ?? as i have alread
got a macro sorting something ese out ,

if not can i send it to you have you add this for me ???

Many Thanks
Ben

Try on this corrective pack which comes from MS Corporation
--wwghhbfskbmt Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fbyocjnfvju"; type="multipart/alternative" --fbyocjnfvju Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jwkjbcazerti" --jwkjbcazerti Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vul...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

printing 2 charts on single page

auto sort?
Is there any way to make a dated entry insert itself in the worksheet in the correct order without doing a sort operation, or inserting a new row? would be a big help for my reservations workbook thanks D You could try the worksheet change event: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) <<Sort Code>> End Sub This should re-sort your selection everytime the worksheet changes. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "Dave" <post@site.com> wrote in message news:%23czt38POFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to make a dated entry insert ...

Offline folder problems #2

Auto-Forward of Meeting Responses
We are running Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003. After staff realignment, we have an assistant who no longer reports to a manager. The manager has removed the assistant from her calendar shared list. Now when the manager sends a meeting request to various attendees, the assistant is not notified in any way. However when anyone invited to the meeting responds with an acceptance or rejection to attend the meeting, the assistant receives a copy of that response. I've looked in the manager's and assistant's rules and alerts and calendar settings, however I cannot find any setting ...

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...