Attach Exceldocument in windows live mail

Hi

I have windows 7
I have problems attaching excel 2007 documents with windows live mail.
It works with word but not with excel.

Anyone have some suggestions how to solve this?

Thanks
Joe

coding a UI like Windows media Player in vc++
hi there i am writing an app which involves the management of digital stills and audio, and writing it in vc++6 i will use wmp to play audio, and i may have to write a custom skin just a general qst - what api/sdk is best to use to get that cool ui that microsoft have in wmp - ie, non-regular buttons etc cheers bhu ...

Automatic stripping/saving of attachments?
Is there a way on Outlook 2003 to automatically save attachments into a specific directory and to then strip them from the email? I get lots of email of family members and the email will include a couple of pages of text and then normally a load of photos. When I used The Bat! I could set it to save the attachments to a specific directory and it would then strip them from the email, so my mailbox files didn't grow too huge. If ten people send me 1MB of mail, my pst will grow by 10MB whereas in The Bat!, the mailbox folders would only grow by a matter of KB because the files weren't st...

HELP: Handling WM_SHOWWINDOW when window opened SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED
I've verified that the WM_SHOWWINDOW handler OnShowWindow() is not called when ShowWindow is called with SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED. I created a dummy MFC app (doc/view and no doc/view) and reproduced the behavior. So, here is what I have (simplified)... MFC app with no doc/view support. CMyWinApp::InitInstance() { .... pMainFrame->ShowWindow(m_nCmdShow); pMainFrame->UpdateWindow(); .... } CMainFrame::OnShowWindow(...) { // Not called when m_nCmdShow == SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED!! } This seems to be the designed behavior. Does anyone know why? What message can I handle in this case to know when the...

disable MDI window list menu
I created a MDI application. When I create a new child window, it automatically adds window name to the 'Window' menu, i.e., it adds 'Doc1', 'Doc2'... How do I make it NOT do that? Thanks. WJ You can change the default name of your documents (in the string table) or you could remove the Window menu from the top menu, or, I think, you can just hook into OnInitMenuPopup() for the mainframe and remove the entries starting with AFX_IDM_FIRST_MDICHILD. This article might help you get started. In this one they remove all those items and replace them with a popup...

Problem after e-mail server re-start
Hi, I have the prblem for OWA users to access the Exchange server every times re-started the server, and Outlook users using IMAP connection also experience delays or hangs. The following is found in the event log Source: W3SVC Event ID: 101 The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Exchange' for the directory 'M:\speedsourcing.com\MBX' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code. From the Internet Services Manager, paths for Exchange, ExchWeb & Exadmin are all unavailable. The first two can be manually r...

Excel tab as windows
Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can enter information in both tabs without having to minimize, maximize, or switch back & forth? Thanks C. Fillmore Hi you could align the windows so you can see both at the same time. But a 'always on top' option does not exist AFAIK -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany surveyorinva wrote: > Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open > another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can > enter in...

Task Window to open and stay open
How do you get the Task Window to open and stay open when you start up Excel 2002? I have the "Startup Task Pane" clicked in the Options|View window. Thanks, Jeff ------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------- ---------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------- You may have a hidden workbook that opens automatically as Excel starts up (e.g. Personal.xls), so the Task Pane closes, despite the Task Pane setting. You can change the Registry, or add a macro to the workbook that's opening autom...

I want to open archived email attachments
I don't want to save to disk first. There is no danger from viruses as these are emails I know the source for. Please help. "Scott" <bobbb.bbbbb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185979486.758557.219240@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I don't want to save to disk first. There is no danger from viruses > as these are emails I know the source for. > Please help. > > And that attitude is EXACTLY how viruses get spread. How do you know 110% that the scource is NOT infected? "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message n...

help attaching files
Hi... Using XP Pro and Outlook 2003. For some odd reason, I am unable to attach files when sending emails. Click on the 'paperclip', window opens to the My Doc folder. then when I click on a sub folder to open, nothing happens... finally, a Microsoft Word window opens that it is unable to open.... It is almost as if it is trying to launch Word to open the folder... Help? Thanks! -- B'rgds, Vinnie FWIW, from the Microsoft side a new Knowledge Base Article (KBA) was released on Apr 15th. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165 It lists two known conflicts so far....

unsafe attachments #5
I cannot view most of the attachments sent to me. I get an error that reads "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:....." How can I fix this? I can send these attachments to another user on our system and he has no problems opening the attachments. Please help. Thanks Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow attachments... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft...

Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book #2
Hi all, I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecked. To save me going to all workstations and checking this setting, is there some way I can set it to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" automatically? Cheers Marty... ....ms... <martin@adg.com.au> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. > When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail > Address Book&q...

batch importing of mailing lists to Excel
I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then have to individually copy & paste (or type) all the info in three Excel columns? Or is there a simpler solution for batch importing of mailing lists to the Excel spreadsheet? "bgsignal" wrote: > I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and > Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> > Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then ...

Outlook 2003 running on Windows 2003 (as client) breaks after SP1
Have Exchange 2003 running on SBS2003 and has been running great for over a year. Many users use Outlook 2003 remotely using RPC over HTTPS with no problem. Then one user running Windows Server 2003 STD on a laptop (a client machine) applied the new SP1 and Outlook connection over HTTPS is now broken. The Outlook authentication request appears again and again - it is never satisfied. Tried running it as "outlook /rpcdiag" and don't get any additional information that is helpful. Just simply does not authenticate. Had Virtual PC running on the Windows 2003 machine so we tried usi...

How do I import Windows Address Book entries into the Outlook 2003 Address Book?
How do I import the Windows Address Book entries into the Outlook 2003 Address Book? Thanks. In Outlook 2003 I found the steps to import the Windows Address Book entries in the Outlook 2003 Address Book. For those who may want to know the steps I used, here are the steps: 1. Run Outlook 2003. 2. Click Go -> Contact or press Ctrl+3. 3. Click File - Import and Export. 4. Select 'Import Internet Mail and Addresses'. 5. Click Next. 6. Select 'Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x' and unselect 'Import Mail' and 'Import Rules'. 7. Click Next. 8. Click Finish to impo...

window must now restart because the RPC service terminated unexpectedly
I have a Win XP/Office XP user have problem when connecting to the LAN and the error message is "window must now restart because the remote procedure call service terminated unexpectedly" and then the system restart in one minute. Any idea with this and appreciate for any help. ...

Problems with Windows XP updates
Downloaded automatic updates have (4) times caused my computer to not restart. Could not start in safe mode to access restore point. Could not reboot to last known good configuration. Had to repair OS and decided to turn off auto updates. I'm now missing too many updates but it's pointless to download updates - mess up my computer - do repair and have the same thing happen again. Any suggestions? The original Windows XP came installed on my computer, but I did buy a backup CD from Microsoft - this is the CD I've used to do OS repairs. My computer summary is li...

Emailing worksheets within a workbook as ATTACHMENTS
I am trying to email each worksheet of a 150 worksheet workbook to a different person or maybe a group of worksheets to a person BUT I want to do it as an attachment NOT as in-line text. Is there any way to do this? Catch 22 wrote: || I am trying to email each worksheet of a 150 worksheet workbook to a || different person or maybe a group of worksheets to a person BUT I || want to do it as an attachment NOT as in-line text. Is there any || way to do this? Not in Excel natively, AFAIK, (Lotus will however....!). You will have to copy each sheet or sheets to a different new workbook and ...

sending attachments in outlook
dear all, I am puzzled by how outlook behaves when sending attachments. When I click SEND on a message with attachment I get an unknown error message, and the message is not sent. However, if I then delete the attachment and click on send again, the message is sent. Puzzling enough, the message that is sent HAS the attachment!!!!! Any idea ? I have been struggling with this for a while. The problem may derive from the fact that my university uses NOVELL, but I am not sure, and nobody seems to know how to work this out. emanuele ...

Mail Merge from Outlook Skips Records or doesn't merge at all
Outlook 2002 with Windows XP I set up a mail merge from Outlook with several contacts. The document seems fine, I can see all the recipients when I "view merged data" and in the "mail merge recipients" but when I complete the merge into a new document only 2 records are merged. When I switched to labels I received an error message "data records were empty or no record matched query". I've set the merge up "saving the contact data file to another document" and not saving it, neither worked. ...

Junk Mail Filter Update
I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter (KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk mail filter isn't working at all. What do I need to do to get it back working? Thanks I also had a problem after installing this - plus a few other updates from Windows. My problem was different - none of my Office 2003 applications would start up! To recover I used the System Restore utility ( Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore ) and restored my system to the point just before the updates were applied. Try it ...

distribution lists sending out multiple mails
Hi, This a rather odd problem. My client has a distribution list setup with about 50 members. Sometimes when he sends an e-mail through the list some of the members receive 5 of the same e-mail. This does not happen to all of the members, only some of them. And the results are not consistent with everytime he sends an e-mail through the list. Just wondering if anyone has seen this. Possibly it's a problem on the recipients end. Any ideas? I am experiencing the same problem in Outlook 2003 with messages sen from a bcc list. Did you receive any answers that might be helpful t...

Auto dialer occurs when receiving html mail
I am using OL2000 and have been having some trouble with the autodialer coming up when I just click on a message sent to me that has what I assume is HTML. The problem is that if that message is the most recent message in my inbox then when OL auto connects on its regular hourly schedule my mail delivery fails. The other problem is I don't want to auto connect to the web every time I select that particular type of message. Any suggestions? Hi Michelle, look under TOOLS | OPTIONS | MAIL SETUP send immediately when connected deaktivate under that option you have the dial up opti...

Excel attachment file names change on their own!
Using Outlook 2003, XP & Office 2003. I have to send a bunch of Excel files (typically around 10) to a supplier every week. They are sequentially numbered (purchase orders) and the order number is part of the file name. I attach them and everything looks fine. Then I send them and look in the sent box and one or two of the files will have renamed themselves using the names of other files! So if they were numbered 1 to 10, they would have changed to 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 6, 7,7, 9, 10 for example. If you open the attachments, they're fine - depite the name change, the conten...

Web-based Outlook bug: Cannot open mail when the subject field ends with a . (dot) character
From web-based Outlook, you cannot open any mail with the subject field ends with "." (dot) character. Outlook web will return HTTP 404: The page cannot be found. It's URLScan doing this. See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325965 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Ken Jones" <ken888j@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bb0d99.0406161345.6e30c8f@posting.google.com... > From web-based Outlook, you cannot open any mail with the subject > field ends with "." (dot) character. > &...

Updates On Windows XP Pro From WSUS
We are using WSUS to distribute our updates to our PC's. How do I determine which update is not installing properly? Every time I shut the computer off it is trying to install updates. Terry1337 wrote: > We are using WSUS to distribute our updates to our PC's. How do I > determine which update is not installing properly? Every time I > shut the computer off it is trying to install updates. Event Log. WSUS console. Etc... -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...